Frodo & Sam [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nemo
so who do you think is the real hero?
frodo carries the ring, and got both of them to mt doom
but sam is the one who really make the journey possible, i mean without him frodo wouldn't get no where, the metal and physical support he gives to frodo, he is the slower of the two but he always came through and sometimes is the one pushing frodo forward.

so in your opinion who deserves the most credit for reaching mt doom and destroying the ring?

nazgulinthedark
sam, frodos possesed, he's like "the ring was intrusted to me, it's mine, my own!'

Exa
SAM.

howie
Hard to say....But Frodo carried the weight of the ring throughout most of the journey. Thats gotta to be tough! wacko

ilvorlandobloom
i say frodo. sam only helped frodo along the way. frodo is the one who actually did it.

sauron
both, neither would get far without the other, sam was there to motivate frodo help him along, but frodos upperhand of intelligence saved them many a time,

BingaBonga
i agree would with sauron, without each other they wouldn't have got far, and i think that they're both true heros, and even though frodo is the one that actually carries the ring to mt. doom, sam is there to make sure that he doesn't put it on, and when he thought frodo was dead, he took the ring and kept it for a while, so go frodo AND sam! wink

wonka911
its got to be sam, he went into the heart of mordor and rescued frodo from cirith ungol, he could have just went on but it was his heroism that lewd to the destruction of the ring

sauron
thank you binga bonga *hug!* plus even if it was only one of them then the would have died long ago, as they BOTH restrained gollum BOTH worked together to fight shelob and BOTH helped the other along the way. we all know the many ways sam helped frodo, but how did frodo help sam you all wonder? i will tell you, by being a kind master, therefore sam learned to love his master and it was the love of him, and fear of the thought of him alone in mordor that kept sam going big grin

nazgulinthedark
go Sam! and the ringwraiths!

wonka911
kind, he is treated like a slave from what ive heard, his gardener having to draw up his baths cook his food, and carry him.

sauron
carry him, sam volenteered to carry him
as frodo was way weak as HE WAS ON THE SLOPES OF MT DOOM THE RING WAS HEAVY AND USING ALL ITS MIGHT TO WEAR IM DOWN, I TINK YOU WOULD BE TIRED AND WEARY TO WONKA911 !!!

from what youv heard, so you havnt reaD THE BOOKS

wonka911
yes i read the books i just dont dive into em for every little post like some people, sam is treated badly throughout the book but not so bad to were he ever thought of it as being bad

wonka911
all i can say is i am a die hard sam fan although i didnt really like the way he was portrayed in the movies

sauron
he was never treated badly, name one instance.

wonka911
being told to draw up frodos bath, and not to mention a gardener calling his boss master

BingaBonga
well, that's because he's the master of the ring... sam and frodo are friends, and also cousins... he isn't treated badly....

wonka911
i didnt know he was his cousin, i know pippin is, once removed. i mean badly by todays standard with really has nothing to do with the books so perhaps im wrong, i just love sam

Bloomheadgirl
Oh lordy, this was so coming! errrr I go for.....Sam

~*Tanya

BingaBonga
yeah, i'm pretty sure... correct me if i'm wrong... wink

sauron
well we will have to find out then wont we, il read the book and watch movie again, and count how many nasty things are in them aimed at sam, i know 1 is in ttt where frodo snaps at sam

wonka911
sounds good to me i know he left everything to sam, and i have to say i loved that, and i didnt really like that frodo wasnt the most famous hobbit when they got back, he did lose a finger, get stabbed by the wraith, and stuck in the neck by a giant spyder

wonka911
damn i forgot what i was gonna say

sauron
i guessed big grin

howie
Well becuz of Sam's kindness and good heart...he was elected Mayor of the Hobbits like 5 or 6 times!! Ill drink to that! beer beer

Ariadne
I agree with Wonka that it was sad the Frodo was all forgotten when they got back to the Shire although he (and Sam) had carried most of the weight on the journey, and he had all the scars that would never go away. Poor Frodo!

sauron
ALL the men hobbits and the one wizard on the pelenor fields they would WILLINGLY give their lives just to place the eye of sauron on them and but frodo more time

nazgulinthedark
frodo's got the ring! he should die! I want to stab him with my morgal blade! die frodo! die!

fini
hmmm frodo Did carry the rings, but taking a line from TTT

" frodo would not have gotten far without Sam"

which is soooooooo true. I think everyone on this planet would want to have a friend like Sam.

Ariadne
Yeah, without Sam everything would have failed. I mean, just look at what happened after Shelob. Frodo wouldn't have been able to get very far if Sam weren't there.

nazgulinthedark
frodo should die! the nasty hobbit! he took my ring!

OrliNElijahsGrl
I say both, they both motivated eachother along the way, whenever frodo was down..and ready to give up, sam was there to help him along the way, encourage him to keep going, and goes the same for sam, when sam was down, ready to quit, frodo helped, encouraged him along, id say they both are heros, they both carried out the ring to mordor, they both deserve the hero titles, they wouldnt of made it if they didnt help eachother out, although at times frodo got a little evilish when it came to the ring, sam told him to fight it, and frodo snapped back saying "i know what i must do sam, the ring was intrusted to me, its my task, its my own" it didnt let sam down though, he still had faith in frodo, and frodo had faith in sam, and together...they worked together to get to mordor and carry out the task, so to me...both of them

Go frodo and sam!

OrliNElijahsGrl
and i forgot to mention....to mount doom as well

OrliNElijahsGrl
dang typos.....

"i know what i must do sam, the ring was intrusted to me, its my task, mine! my own"

thats what i meant to put

hobbit_lover
both of them wouldn't have gotten as far without each other

OrliNElijahsGrl
EXACTLY!

go frodo and sam!!!

1 month and 8 days

chatcat1313
go SAM! i hate frodo, his eyes look posessed! i think he is stupid! Go SAM! eek!

sauron
every1 is agreeing with me that both are great YEY *hugs everyone*

although there is no real hero, it depends on whos side you see it from, as if you look at it from the evil point sauron and saruman are heros

you couls keep turning this until you basicaly get anyone as a hero

nephalim27
Sam calls Frodo master throughout the book.

While Frodo bears the weight of the ring, Sam does pretty much everything else, including taking care of Gollum (twice,) and Shelob. He also pretty much drags Frodo across most of Mordor and carries him up most of Mt. Doom.

Camellia
Both just as equally. Frodo for his strength and will to carry on. Sam for his support, courage and loyalty.

big grin

sauron
what is on my sig, sauron or melkor, someone help, its supposed to be melkor now cos i changed it, but its still the sauron one on my pc

samIam
I love sam , it jusy seemed to me that frodo didin' do ANYTHING!!! but still he had a lot of burdens ..... and sam could understand that better than anyone cuz he had the ring.. ok everyone knows that .. so what is my problem!!! ok *pheww* i AM over it!.. sauron ur thing is melkor just if u wanted it know

sauron
sad its showing up as sauron on mine, i want melkor arghhhhhhhhh

ive said it before and il say it again, BOTH OF THEM

fini
hmmmmmmmmm i see melkor on mine,
Sauron

samIam
sauron I totally agree with you .. I am just Love sam .... predijuce I guess ... I see melkor on mine .. ok I am done

LuVThEmBlUeEyEs

angelsflame265
It's both of them cause if the other wasn't there the ring would not have made it to mordor and blueeyes i gotta agree with u about elijah wood love

LOTRLUVR
Sorry,but I forgot to quote,I got lazy,Pippin was twice removed...

angelsflame265
sam isn't frodo's cousin. frodo is related to both merry and pippin but sam isn't related to any of them

LuVThEmBlUeEyEs

LuVThEmBlUeEyEs

LuVThEmBlUeEyEs

enya
i love sam but i think that both need each other to carry on

frodo actually got their and he carried the ring which sam culdnt do himself as u saw in ROTK when he nearly didnt give the ring back to frodo

but sam pushed and helped frodo get to mt doom and he even carried him!

but frodo wouldnt of got to mt doom as i said without sam cos he carried him but sam needs frodo and his friendship

VGMASTER
i think that sam had the burden of frodo and the ring, he was very loyal and just so all of you know sam was frodos gardener, that is how they knew each other! sam is the best!!!!!

azszhz
Sam is better then Frodo, or at least thats what i think, i mean they both have there strong points but i think Sam was just a bit stronger sorta

merryandpipsgig
I just love the way these two characters blend in together and the fact that frodo need's sam there. lets face it where would frodo be without sam and where would sam be without frodo, correct me if i am wrong but frodo is the ring barer and he has to be the one to cary it, fair enough sam does all the work like: helps frodo stay focused and always makes sure frodo is feeling okay and carrying him through those nasty rocks and giving him his last drip of water now thats hard work. so sam is more legendary than frodo even though frodo does play a big part in it all, there is still always the bravest and wisest sam. go team go.

Aurora
There is no denyin that w/o Sam, Frodo would have never made it. I wish that I could find a friend that was that loyal, that trustworthy, that strong.

merryandpipsgig
yes dont we all, but its the trust that brings out good frienships

pip-foot
yes. wish i had a friend like sam smile

Phoenix
It is always those who are unsung and unacclaimed who are the greatest heroes in my book... Go Sam!

samIam
yeah but people seem to like him After ROTK came out .. or is it just my imaginationn ???

Phoenix
Probably cos Sean managed to get a dfferent emotion form the phrase "Mr. Frodo" every time he said it! big grin

Discos
lol

"mr frodo, i've drowneded"

Kitoky
"I want to hear more about Sam! Ah yes...Samwise the Brace...Frodo couldn't've gone far without Sam."

The most interesting thing I noticed is that, correct me if I'm wrong but in RotK didn't it seem like when Frodo asked for the ring back. It seemed like Sam was reluctant because he noticed how affective it's been to Mr. Frodo or if he didn't want to give it up...

I can't really decide...

Smodden
What is going on with that why did frodo dismis sam when he went into shelob's lair??? It was not in the book.

It did add emotion to the film but it was quite disruptive to the book...does anyone else agree?

OrliNElijahsGrl
aww even though it wasnt in the book, it was a very sad moment, i think it was wonderful that the scene was added, it put so much emotion into the film, it was a very very emotional moment, i was bawling, i felt so bad for sam

i loved it ;-)

Kitoky
Yeah it was quite different from the books but I think it was better that way. I mean he leaves Sam then he faces this giant spider, finds out that Smeagol is the one and tries to go on without his dear Sam.

shadowy_blue
Yep. It will also add a lot of dramatic tension. He faces Shelob alone without any help. Without Sam, no one will be there to save him but himself and his own wits and the Phial of Galadriel. It also portrayed much stronger how loyal Sam is to him when he went back to save him. smile That scene is also very powerful. It made me cry. smile

Kitoky
Yes very...I also liked when Frodo sees Galadriel and she pulls him up but it's really himself pulling him up....

Camellia
I didn't think it was disruptive...still very well done - emotional.

I must admit that it was rather unexpected, but this allowed the viewers to see just how the Ring was affecting Frodo, Gollum's influence and the fact that, even if he felt alone, he wasn't because all his companions were thinking of him (represented by the part with Galadriel).

Also, if Sam had been there at the time, the whole scene with GAladriel would not have worked no where near as well...

Well, that's my opinion and my ideas anyway!big grin

Kitoky
Well said Cam. Even though your view of Galadriel's appearance is totally opposite of mine. big grin

Camellia
Well, I believe that it is his own will and strength that causes him to stand again, but I believe that he needs a reminder that there IS some good in this world that is worth fighting for (oopsey, didn't mean to quote that).

I think it can be looked at many different ways:
1.) Galadriel says "If you do not find a way, no one will." - he is determined to prove this correct e.g. to do what he has set out to do
2.) He sees Galadriel as a ray of hope.
3.) Galadriel represents all the beautiful things in the world that will be lost if he does not complete his task
4.) It reminds him that there ARE people out there who are on his side and wish him good, not ill.

Ok, I'm all out of ideas now! That's my analytical studies done for the week!!smile

Kitoky
And by the movie point of view Galadriel is the first real elf that Frodo really had a connection with and she had shown him what will happen if he didn't complete the task...

Smodden
i know, but thats what i liked most about lotr. sam and frodos bond was so close they never gave up or left each other, NEVER. it was the friendship that led them so far...and when he dismised him it was so dif than the book...but i still liked it in the movie, but i was kinda mad they messed with that part of the book

shadowy_blue
That's why it's a film version smod, the plot and the characters should serve the story. wink Don't compare the book and the movie that much because if you do, you will just be disappointed. wink

*Georgina_A*
i LOVED that scene. made me cry too. i love sam too. he's my favourite character. i think his loyalty to frodo to just so touching. *sniff sniff*

IcepicK
I agree with that...but that separation of sam and frodo whats to show thedecieve of frodo to the ring of power...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.