Onslaught vs Akira

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Shadow Z
Well me and Lord Ryugen were wondering who would win out of these two? I mean they both harness great psychic power and the fight would be immense ( not to mention one BIG headache # drum roll#)

monaroCountry
Your kidding right? Onslaught is still the most powerfull villain in the marvel universe. He surpassed xavier even before his first incarnation, and even challenged and snuffed out Jeans phoenix force in the astral plane. Ive still got the comics. apocalype, magneto, thor, hulk, jugsy, prof x, f richards, phoenix were nothing compared to onslaught.

BarmyBrummie
who the hell is Akira? confused

eleveninches
WHAT! you've never heard of akira?? Its only one of the biggest best anime's ever

Lord Ryugen
Akira was a Japanese child with psionic powers so great that he remade the universe. And destroyed Tokyo...twice

VENOMfan
Still Akira made a universe inside himself, the current universe remained intact. now do we mean Akira or Tetsoro<sp? becuase I might be baseing this on tetsero. and he wasnt too keen on controling his own abilities under stress. Onsluaght would vaporize him.

a little more detail about Akira himself would help

BarmyBrummie
Well, no! I dont really watch anime and they don't show many anime series on TV......

Lord Ryugen
We mean Akira, Tetsuo was powerful but Akira was unimaginably powerful, and after all the stuff I've heard about Onslaught it would be a good fight.
(Please note we are letting Onslaught make use of the powers he nicked so this fight will be fair.)

eleveninches
I thought it was Tetsuo who remade the universe (with himself as god), not akira.

Paola
would you guys post an Akira pic?
thank you big grin

Lord Ryugen
It's really hard to find a pic of Akira since he's only in the anime for about 2 and half minutes, but in that time he remade the universe

norrin radd

Lord Ryugen
Never read the manga. Not for lack of trying it's just hard to find it

who?-kid
For the people who haven't read Akira: it's great !! Fantastic characters and a very long story + some great scenes !!

And Akira vs Onslaught: well, I don't know who will win, because they're both so powerful. How on earth do you measure such telekinetic or telepatic powers ? You can't, so you just guess. And my guess is that Akira wins.

And yes, I'm being biased, I admit it. Onslaught is famous enough, so I decided to vote for the underdog.

For those who don't know Akira: here's a picture. Isn't he cute wink ?

manjaro
A fight between thse two would boil down to who can make bigger explosions with thier minds. However, I would give the victory to Onslaught because he has Magneto's powers and thought proof helmet. That coupled Xaviers would level Akira completely. Besides Akira didnt really know how to control his power N-E-WAY.

who?-kid
Maybe you're right, Akira never really learned how to deal with his powers, mostly because he was too much a top secret project and at the same time a 7 year old boy.

But he remains extremely powerful. I don't know if you read the original story, where Tetsuo (who was not as strong as Akira) teleported himself to the moon to create a gigantic crater, a crater so huge all of Europe could be put inside it. It took him only a few minutes, and it seemed quite effortless enough. On top of that, he did it only to impress his audience, and maybe Akira himself. He also took out an entire battleship just by stopping the natural rotation of the earth for a few seconds.

The energies, the powers, the abilities of Tetsuo... they seemed unmeasurable. And Tetsuo was no Akira. Akira was more powerful than Tetsuo, so I think that Akira actually has a good chance against Onslaught.

who?-kid
Oops, this thread is dead, it seems. And I had something brilliant to say stick out tongue.

norrin radd

AceOfGambit
How about Thanos against Onslaught? I mean the guy is beastly with and without the Infinity Gauntlet.

who?-kid
Well, I was lucky, in my country they recently published all the Akira comics. The whole story consists of 6 gigantic books, who only get better. It's a total of more than 2000 pages !!!

I don't like manga that much, but I will make an exception for Akira, because it's extremely violent and poetic at the same time. A rare combination. But there's more, it has a great story (the writer has really done his best) and some drawings are jaw-dropping, at least in my opinion.

And of course there are fantastic characters like Kei, Tetsuo, the colonel, Masaru and Akira himself. And not to forget, Kaneda, my favorite.

The Akira-film they made at the end of the 80s isn't too bad, but it speeded things up (too much) and was sometimes a bit confusing.

But the manga rocks !!!

O yeah, before I forget, Akira wins against Onslaught.

Here's another picture of Kaneda (cool guy) and Tetsuo (powerful guy).

who?-kid
Let's try that again

monaroCountry
since onslaught had control of the astral plane and had the ability to transport that to the real world then wouldnt this be the same as f richard's reality bending powers?. Instead of bending reality, onslaught can make things into reality. As for onslaught vs akira......i would still go with onslaught i.e. second sun (not a pocket something). Anyway akira is cool.....pretty powerful.

Bojangles
no way was he the most powerful villain...maybe the most powerful EARTHLY villain, but there are people who could defeat him

bardock
i go with akira

Cyclops
Close fight, but Akira

'Vegeta'
Akira would onslaught And slam him into the ground 9 times then Frickin pick up hudge roke and smash him with them at a rapoid pace. then through him on the ground stomp his face in and TAKE HIS STUFF!

monaroCountry
onslaught for me. BTW many cosmic characters would definately have no chance against onslaught i.e. galactus, phoenix, silver surfore et al. Check out onslaught challenging phoenix in the astral plane and youll know what im on about.

MaverickIce
Onslaught more powerful than Galactus: WTF?

Galactus owns onslaught.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.