Animatrix - hidden face? and question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
1.) In 'the second renaissance part 2' their is a shot of a gunboat fairly close to the start. Am i imagining it or does the gun turret thing look like a large robot face?
(it reminded me of a 2000ad/judge dread character but cant remember name - ABC robot perhaps?!)

2.) Towards the end of 'the second renaissance part 2' just after the fly is squashed in the UN building there is a shot of a Painting on the wall.

does anyone know if this is a real painting/what it means/if it is relevant to the story?

JKozzy
I'll haveta go watch it...

sum1butno1
Actually, the fly squashing is in Part I.
As I recall, on the Director's commentary on the DVD, they said they were just trying to re-create it as accurately as possible, so I think that it is a painting in the actual UN room.

mook
yeah you are right - part 1.

so i guess its just the painting in the UN... however they do make a point of showing it to you so would be interesting to see waht the painting is about.

mook
also i noticed that there is references to Egyptian slavery and the building of the pyramids at the start of The Second Renaissance Part 1 with the robots building pyramid shaped buildings, pulling blocks up slopes in the same way we are told it happened in Egyptian times as well as the use of whips etc.

AliasNeo15
yup, the matrix itself has many references to many things, and surprisingly, i didnt think of that onesmile

tshirt
The fly is squashed in Part I. As the camera pulls back, what you see is not a picture, but a sculpture. It is a copy of the UN seal. Attached is what it looks like in real life.

http://www.un.org/av/photo/ga/images/une2459.jpg

mook
good photo but youve missed my point.
after the fly is killed on the UN seal they show a picture/painting.

i want to know if anyone knows if this is a real painting/what it means/if it is relevant to the story? etc etc

AliasNeo15
i dont think it is, but i dont know much about it, but good thinkin

sum1butno1
But how about the face? Anyone know what mook's talking about? I've never seen any of the movies he mentioned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.