Best actor of all time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
In your opinion, who is the best actor of all time? In my opinion, i like specially Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro and Al Pacino. And yours?

wicker_man
Sir Christopher Lee - The man is a true legend to the industry, in my opinion he has been the best actor to don the 'cloak and fangs' to play Count Dracula (sorry Bela), his role as Lord Summerisle in the Wicker Man still sends a chill down my spine every-time i view that film and this is without the need for brute strength, new and inventive ways of killing someone and cheesy one liners. His latter roles in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Star Wars Trilogy proves he still has what it takes. Although i'll always remember him for his roles in the Hammer Horror films, his chemistry with (the now sadly departed) Vincent Price and Peter Cushing was second to none. He is definitely one of Britains not to mention the industries greats.

04wayne
Hulk Hogan, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarznegger

fini
YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT???

Hulk Hogan a great actor??

lol best damn joke i've heard today, lol

Britrogue
Why the hell isn't Harrison Ford up there??????
So my vote goes in others without a doubt. HARRISON!

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Britrogue
Why the hell isn't Harrison Ford up there??????

Because he plays the same person in every movie, same facial expressions, he just acts like himself. I can't believe that you are comparing Ford to the likes of Lawrence Olivier, Alec Guinnessr or Gene Hackman. Sean Connery shouldn't even be on this list. Jack Nicholson once again only plays the same character again and again.

And where the hell is Morgan Freeman?!

Darth Nauj
Jack Nicholson is my fav. actor

Britrogue
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Because he plays the same person in every movie, same facial expressions, he just acts like himself. I can't believe that you are comparing Ford to the likes of Lawrence Olivier, Alec Guinnessr or Gene Hackman. Sean Connery shouldn't even be on this list. Jack Nicholson once again only plays the same character again and again.

And where the hell is Morgan Freeman?!

Excuse me? You want to tell me which one of Harrison's other characters could be compared to Allie Fox? And also, Harrison is unfortunately, in real life, a rather boring man. Not somebody you could put in the same catagory as Han Solo.

KharmaDog
Of course he is boring, he's a regular guy. He isn't a FBI agent, President, Archeologist/adventurer or intersteller rogue. He plays different characters, but with the same dead pan delivery that he gives an interview with.

When you see him in a movie you see Harrison Ford, not the character. Being in a bunch of good or profitable movies does not make you a great actor.

Britrogue
Yeah, well, I think a lot of people would disagree with you there, but you are entitled to your opinion.

fini
I agree, while he has been in some good movies, I wouldn't even think of putting Harrison Ford into the greatest actors list.

Harrison Ford can no where even be compared to Pacino or Nicholson.

shoe-freak
Originally posted by Britrogue
Yeah, well, I think a lot of people would disagree with you there, but you are entitled to your opinion.

not me, harrison's 60 years old and ( as said before) never changes in any films,

and anyway my vote goes to Viggo Mortensen

Ronny
HULK HOGAN??? WHAT THE ****?

jaden101
out of those it has to go to Alec Guiness....he has such a range that sometimes its hard to recognise him from film to film...brilliant

they're all superb though but i would have included some newer actors in there...edward norton, benicio del torro, eric bana

Susan-Storm
Actors Have Come and gone over the years of ages ranging from 4-44 and more but 3 Actors seemed to Be a Highlight in my eyes. all of them Seem to have Better Acting skills then anyone i ever seen. Here are the lucky 3 to end up on my List

Ioan Gruffud

Rupert Grint

Johnny Depp

armandovalles
Al Pacino (watch SCARFACE), Sylvester Stallone (watch ROCKY), and Robert DeNiro (watch RAGING BULL) are the 3 best in my opinion. Also notable actors in my opinion are Joe Pesci, Marlon Brando, and John Travolta.

gshkris7272
Go Charlie Hunnamsmile(L)
harrison ford is a good actor, HE plAys some hard roles(regarding henry)

Blue_Butterfly
Jack Nicholson

Revan Souer
I think Ed Norton is a great actor, but its too early in his carear to say he's the best of all time

botankus
I'm going to go with Peter Sallis.

Murray
Originally posted by 04wayne
Hulk Hogan, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarznegger

Are you on crack, dude?!

(PS: bruce is good, but not best of all time)

Murray
Originally posted by Susan-Storm
Actors Have Come and gone over the years of ages ranging from 4-44 and more but 3 Actors seemed to Be a Highlight in my eyes. all of them Seem to have Better Acting skills then anyone i ever seen. Here are the lucky 3 to end up on my List

Ioan Gruffud

Rupert Grint

Johnny Depp

YOU, TOO!!!

Except Johnny Depp, now that I can except as a reasonable favorite.

Murray
Edward Norton
Daniel Day-Lewis
Johnny Depp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.