Rebels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pip-foot
hey guys,

I'm doin a project for school where i have to write an essay on sons rebelling against their fathers in movies/literature and i wanted to do it on LOTR. so, if anyone can give me examples of some from tolkiens work that would be great!!!! and maybe a little backroud info, in case i forgot the details!!!!!!!!! smile roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bar-en-Danwedh
eyowen rebels against her uncle, but only to aid him.
arwen rebels against father and chooses a mortal life.

but no sons in LOTR rebel aginst their fathers...

Exa

stedan82
Talk about detail. You could talk about Melkor or Sauron even. They rebel against Illuvatar in the Silmarillion.

Firithlotwen
i dont think eowyn rebels against her uncle thedoen, i think eomer does..... well depends on how you look at it...

aniron
Aragorn rebels against his father by rejecting his place at gondor

sauron
OOOH ERM!!!!!!!

feanor!! he rebelled big grin...

manwe: you canot go, even thougbh your jewles have been stolen by the most eveil person alive...and we are not going to do anything about it

feanor: **** off!!

*leaves*

stupid people: cant wait to get to middle earth for my certain impending doom

Feanor: burn the thingy down...we dont need those people who would certaintly be of assistance!

big grin

or morgoth in the music (melkor i should say)

Ainur: WHY DO YOU BUILD ME UP.....BUTTERCUP BABY JUST TO LET ME DOWN

iluvatar: let me down

ainur: AND MESS ME AROUND

melkor: OHHHHHH MESS ME AROUND THERE BABY...IM NOT SINING TO THE TUNE OH YEA YEA YEA

ainur: what?

darbanana
Faramir doesn't try and take the ring from Frodo/Sam and lets them through, his father, whose name I can't think of right now, anyways, his father the Steward of Gondor sees that as betrayal...

pip-foot
lol. you always make me laugh sauron smile

Bar-en-Danwedh
aragorns father died when he was 2 years old, and even Arathorn had been a ranger instead of a king, the kings had been awol for a while...

Smodden
laughing eek! thats great i always think of the pilot epy of Alias when i hear that.

shadowy_blue

shadowy_blue

Exa
No, not really, as they didnt really rebel... they just didnt join the others, but without any offence. They stayed, the others left, theres no real rebellion here.

pinksuezo
faramir did his best to make up for losing osgiliath, which was under his care, so then he went on that suicide charge. its not really betrayal but the opposite, where daddy is nuts and the son does his best to please hsi father. maybe u cud use that example too though?

pip-foot
yeeah. i jsut found out i can use daughters too smile

pip-foot
hey, ush or kit or whoever, you can delete this now, my projects done smile

pip-foot
Kit, you can delete this! CUz i dont need it anymore smile and no one posts on it anymore, thus it is a waste of a thread smile

Exa
Waste of thread? I think it's an intersting topic to talk about

sauron
so live it will

ladygrim
i thought 'd say hi to this thread any way even though i cannot answer your question

pip-foot
well, it's a waste of space when people are no longer discussing it...the only people who have said anything on it lately are us disscussing if it should be deleted or not...

but if peopel are actually going to discuss it, then by all means, keep it

ladygrim
true you fight for your thread .. protest tell them to bugger off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.