Breeding of Orcs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ATM4eternity
I was wondering about how and what orcs would be breeded and how? I relize the sauron and sauruman would do it for the Uruk-hai that i guess could stand sunlight and were generally stronger in general? But what i didn't get with the uruks is why they were being dug up form the ground,, is that how they were "breeded" i just didn't really get that. and then just what else would be breeded, i heard that trolls were too and thats how sauron had the mordor trolls and that the one at the black gates was a special kind of troll. I was just always wondrin about this so if someone could clear it up for me thanx smile

Iirima
Umm...all I know (or think I know) is that Uruk-hai is a cross between a troll and an orc. And I don't get why they come out of the ground, so someone else can clarify that!

kalantiaw
uhm, and why do they have english accent?

Kitoky
Actually the Uruk-hais were actually a crossbreed between Orcs and Men.

Hegemon875
Whoah, were did you get that information!

Bar-en-Danwedh
cross between orc and goblin-men (goblin-men are basically half-orcs, men crossed with 'goblins' who by name are actually orcs but seemingly from specific regeons such as the misty mountains).

trolls are a construct! they're not bread from anything. they are made out of stone, like some sort of gollem. this art is part of what is known as NECROMANCY. Saruman an Suron are both necromancers and the Uruk-Hai creation envolves a similar practice. they are not really 'bread' as such. they too are a construct of dead orcs and dead goblin men and 'raised' would be a better term for the production methode.

Melkor made the trolls (in mockery of the ents i believe treebeard said).

Sifer
Melkor made many things, such as Dragons smile Most of which are in mockery of something else. Orcs were once Elves, twisted and corrupted, again to mock someone (The Elves).

Also, there are different types of Orc. The ones from Gorgoroth tend to be puny, full of scars and twisted. The ones from Minas Morgul are hard mother ****ers who look like they have been on Steds for a few months. Notice the 2 in ROTK? Try and figure out WHY the ones from Minas Morgul are big and muscly, while those from Mordor are puny bastards...Fly you fools, read and learn big grin

Kitoky
That's why the Melkor rocks and should be let loose.

Exa
Not really.
Saruman's Urukhai had a bit of human blood, but the original Uruk-hai (their name meaning simply "orcpeople"wink were just another orcrace like the small snagas or whatever. They already appeared some five hundred years before the war of the ring - to be exact in 2475 TA when they conquered Osgiliath, and they were originally breeded by Sauron, not by Saruman. They just were bigger than the others, more muscular, had shorter arms and simply looked more human-like - and they thought that they were better than the other orcs.
Most of Sarumans breeded orcs thus were rather half-orcs than pure Urukhai.

Iirima
Whoops, sorry! Wow, am I making a reputation for myself! (A bad oneembarrasment ) Oh well. I think I misread the info, it's a cross between goblin-men and orcs. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong again though. *sigh*

Hegemon875
Don't worry about, no one's perfect wink

Iirima
Especially not me! happy

Chapel
Orcs would breed the same as the Elves they originally were and men.
the Coming out of the ground thing in the films is supposed to give you idea that saruman has created a new race of Orcs to serve him, make them seem even more unnatural, anybody else notice they are aging very quickly as well?

IcepicK
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Kitoky
Tolkien wrote it set as a long history of Europe so...yeah...accents are essential.

Smodden
Uruk-Hai! Uruk-Hai! Uruk-Hai

IcepicK
WTF? but its Europe a complete english talking continent?? .....NOOO... an what happens in the tolkien book ist all europe not only the north part that is supposed to be England...............so Its only filming coincidence... you werent even close Kit

Iirima
Oh, well...

Bar-en-Danwedh
everybody has english accents in the film!!!

bree residence have cornish farmer accents, all the heros have generic english accents, and the orcs sound like cockney oik soccer fans!

sauron
thats because it is the worlds sexiest language...big grin

and erm...orc were derived from elves who were mutated and tortured until all they felt waspure hatred for everything...and when tortured they were in the deepest pits of utumno so when they came out the sun near blinded them...so they hate the sun too

they way they are born is up discussion...the 'conventional' way or the 'mud' way....

mmmmmm_ob :)
i was goin 2 say about the elf thing....i thot it said that sumware...but i wasnt sure if it was just me...

Bar-en-Danwedh
it's a little haunting in the silmarillion...

elves would go on fishing trips and little explorations and then simply not return.

you would think that elves would have a hard time killing orcs, but apparently not.

LegolasLover411
No. in one of the movies, you cansee they have pointy ears. They are cross from trolls and ELVES!!! I think he used dead elves souls.....

Bar-en-Danwedh
i'm not even going to dignify that with a response...

ATM4eternity
lol, werent the uruks just orcs and men now that im tryin to find out more aobut it,,, and they were mainly bred like that to resist sun,,,,, and dont they just have pointy ears cause orcs do?/???

Exa
Pointed ears do not necessarily refer to Elves - and they also didnt have these long thin ears like the film-orcs had, their ears were just a little more leaf-shaped than mortal ears (hey and in the film, hobbits also have pointy ears!) - cf. the elvish words "lhaw" and "lhass"/"las" for "ear" and "leaf".

I dont think the Uruk-hai also had so much troll blood - maybe a little, but not too much. They are simply a race of orcs, only Saruman breeded them with other orcs and goblinmen so that Saruman's so-called Urukhai were most probably rather halforcs.

Tolkien also gives at least four different explanations for the origin of the orcs.

LegolasLover411
uh...............

manny321
orcs are stronger then goblins from moria but weaker then the guys from hels deep!!

Bar-en-Danwedh
orc:50%
goblin:25%
man:25%

and the secret ingredient is love.

Exa
Breeding? Hm, Tolkien says

"For Melkor could seduce individual minds and wills, but HE COULD NOT MAKE THIS HERITABLE, or alter (contrary to the will and design of Eru) the relation of a whole people to Time and Arda..."

Discos
lol, took the words right out of my mouth,

also, the secret ingrediant wouldnt be love....it would be malic, evil, death, no mercy...

Discos - ...Happy Orcs Valentines day!

Phoenix
yes, I thought that was funny when I first saw it -- whya re all the Orcs Cockney bleeders?

Thorondor
plus the fact that PJ thinks the enlgish accent is sneaky.

Thorondor
The good guys put on a Scottish one though big grin

Ddraiglais
I don't remember Saruman having Uruk Hai. He had half-orcs or goblinmen. Uruk Hai means Uruk-great Hai-people. Morgoth (Melkor) tortured and twisted Elves to form the original Orcs. As far as Trolls being constructs, some may be. I'll have to reread some things. However the Olog Hai (the ones smashing the Godorians in Minas Tirith), were definately bred. Again I will have to do some rereading, but they are a cross between Trolls and something.

Exa
Exactly; though the leaders of his armies were probably Uruk-hai.
In the book, there's also obviously not such a big optical difference between men and orcs - there were also goblinmen (halforcs) in the Prancing Pony without being payed too much attention, Treebeard thought the Hobbits were Orcs and so on. Normal Orcs and goblinmen also dont seem to have had black colour like in the film, only the uruks of mordor did.

Some days ago I again read some text which made clear that there was no real orc-breeding but that they were able to multiply normally :P (and that that worked quite fast stick out tongue "they multiplied like flies" or something like that laughing out loud )

shadowy_blue
Some Orcs were described to have dark skin..(not necessarily black though)..but I didn't imagine them to look like the way they did in the movie. In fact, I didn't imagine them to look that ugly. laughing

It's all good though, adds to the creepiness and believability. big grin

Ddraiglais
If you watch the Battle of Pellenor Fields, you can catch Orcs of all types. There are even some that almost look manlike. Some have dark skin, some have lighter skin. Some look almost piglike in the face. Some look almost manlike. They did a real good job of showing how different one Orc is from another. Remember Orcs come from all over ME. Some live in caves. Some live aboveground in Mordor. Mordor's terrain is extremely varied as well. There's mountains, deserts, wheat fields, a saltwater sea, etc.

Adam

Exa
I also didnt think they were that ugly... actually I didnt think they looked so different from men at all.
On the other hand I also didnt think elves were that prissy messed messed

shadowy_blue
^^ laughing Exa..LOL..laughing out loud

Moria Goblins are still the best though. big grin

Exa
Lol yea some of them really look like I imagined Moria Orcs big grin happy

Pendemonyum
The main point of making the urok'ai thing is... orcs and goblins are weakened by sunlight, and saruman created the uruk'ais (not realy shure out of what) to creat an army thats unstoppable, even buy sunlight.

jaden101
Originally posted by Bar-en-Danwedh
everybody has english accents in the film!!!

bree residence have cornish farmer accents, all the heros have generic english accents, and the orcs sound like cockney oik soccer fans!

Gimli and Pippin didn't.

Scythe
I'm more interested on what kind of Welfare program do the Orcs have.

Incanus
T

Incanus
The Uruk-Hai of Saruman were all his own creations, just ripped off from Sauron. Sauron had already created Orc-Men and Saruman just "perfected"them, as his "Uruk-Hai" were taller, stronger, and more enduring. They could therefore wear heavier armor than regular orcs, so they wernt killed as fast. His Uruks were Uruk-Hai, always reffered to as such, never, as Aragorn said, "Black Uruks of Mordor" in reference to the ones that were sent into Moria by either Khamul or Sauron as the Necromaner in Dol Guldur. (oh, and does any1 know how i can get that little thingy above the U in Khamul?)

Morgromir
weren't Uruk-Hai a cross breed of goblins with men and orcs ?

Lord Lucien
Yes, but where do the Orcs come from? Female Orcs that are never spoken of? You know, the attractive half of the species.

Morgromir
rofl im guessing they create that goo you see in the movies

Incanus
That was completly unnesecary dude. Female rocs more than likely were female elves. Obivously.

Morgromir
What the f**k? im having trouble seeing how it was unnesecary ,but if anyone found it offending I am sorry ,I am terrible at socializing and eventually end up making myself look like a complete @$$hole .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.