Are horror movies scarier in the dark?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
?

Fallin Angel
I think so

Vegeta
I'm pretty sure they get a little more scarier.I mean when I watch 13 Ghost in the dark, I thought it was a little more disturbing.

Punker69
yeah I liked 13 ghost.It wasnt that scary,but it was very disturbing.

Freddy_vs_Jason
hey every1, i just got out freddy vs jason (its finally out in new zealand to rent) i'll watch it to night in the dark, is it a REALLY good movie? and thank god its just me and my dads g/f here.....my dad and bro have gona away for the long weekend coz we get friday off, hehehe.....

Lord Soth
I think it helps the scare factor if you turn the lights off....For instance, when I was watching Scream for the first time with the lights off, I was scared to look out my window b/c I thought Ghostface would jump at me.

It makes it more real, b/c you can't see anything but the movie that way....

Freddy_vs_Jason
finally! i just watched freddy vs jason, quiet a good movie, there should have been more fight scenes in the dream world, but when i hired it out it didnt come with a special features disc! no , i'll have to wait and see when it comes out to by..........

reander
I think it's scarier to watch them in the dark. Or at midnight. The first time i watched scream, it was in the dark at midnight. That was scary.

andyF1
in the dark on a strormy night,
i read on another site they had special screenigs of jaws, where you sat
on rubber rings in the water at night, to good effect.
maybe they could do that with some horor movies

Punker69
When your in the dark watching a horror movie it feels more real to you.And you imgination can exlpore more into the horror movie.You see the shadows and hear the sounds from your house and you get edgy.

DARK ROCKS!

SlipknoT
Hey freddy vs jason, if you had never seen freddy vs jason befor then why did you name your self freddy vs jason?

Michael Myers 1
she's retarded eek!

samhain
what about Jason420?lol.

samhain
I was going to call myself evil dead 4, or Dude, where's my car. laughing

Lord Soth
Or maybe Gigli eek!

Jason420
what do you mean? huh?

Jason420
lot of the deleted scenes are cool but the original ending is really stupid just like MM1........just kidding laughing out loud

Michael Myers 1
hell yea they are i mean its no use with the lights on and if the movie is dark it makes it a whole lot scarier (like Halloween) but if there is light in the movie its not as scary (Final Destination)

Freddy_vs_Jason
ur the retarded one MM1, is doesn't matter if i didnt see it then, i've seen it now, and theres not point asking that becoz:

A: its too late
and B:i dont WANT to change it

oh and MM gay, oh, I mean MM1, a retard is someone who's slow, so making my name freddy_vs_jason doesnt mean that im slow even though back then i hadnt seen it........sorry......u lost.......

kRaZy KoRrEe
Retarded also means somebody cant spell. eek!

Jason420
retarded also is someone who doesnt know how to get any like

SlipknoT
I'm retarded! Happy Dance

Michael Myers 1
Jason420 is retarded for likeing a retard

SlipknoT
wich retard does he like

SlipknoT
Theres a retard that lives near me and evey mischieif night we go egg his house

andyF1
what a waste of eggs laughing

mook
yes because it focuses your concentration and blocks out distractions.

this allows you to become more involved in the film making it scarier.

wicker_man
The only film i thought that was made scarier as a result of the darkness was The Blair Witch Project but that was also due to where we were watching it at the time as well.

Jason420
MM1 you like yo 60 year old mamas p***y

BarmyBrummie
Watching them in the dark is better cus you have more darkshadows that can play tricks on yer mind

BackFire
Yes, horror films are usually a bit more effective when the lights are out.

SlipknoT
Yeah retards arent good enough for eggs laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.