Truck Turner's theme song in Kill Bill vol. 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SilverFighter
Remenber when the Bride escapes the hospital and she is in a wheel chair looking for the Pussy wagon? Do you remenber that song that was play during that scene? Well, that is the original theme song of the movie "Truck Turner".

Truck Turner is a classic 70's cult movie about a skip tracer (played by Isaac Hayes) who gets involve in some bad business with Pimps and Hitmans in Los Angeles. The movie is in a way very violent and even includes a scene in which violence takes place in a hospital.

The reason I'm mentionin this is because KB vol.1 soundtrack doesn't include that theme song. Do you think that QT is giving us a hint for a plan project? Maybe a remake of Truck Turner? Or just another homeage in his movie? What do you think?

samhain
Seems to be an homage, but if the song is used again in Vol. 2 then it could appear on the Vol. 2 soundtrack.

dragonpisces272
didnt notice that. Prolly is a homage. Maybe wanted to bring back the memories of that movie in relation to Kill Bill

SilverFighter
Very posible that it is only a homage to Truck Turner. I just can't help thinking how cool it would be if QT makes a remake of Isaac Hayes characters. I just picture in my mind Samuel L. Jackson as Truck Turner.

dragonpisces272
wooh Happy Dance

WindDancer
I was looking at the credits at the end of the movie. It is TT theme song! Whoa I knew it sounded familiar! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.