Feanor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
spoilers of the silmarilion ahead

Likes? Dislikes?

why did he burn those boats? his anger is out of control but i admire him anyway, i was so mad when he got killed by that balrog!

Kitoky
Feanor rocks man, no doubt.

Smodden
no dought at ALL
collest of them all i mean he made the sil's

Kitoky
Mmmhmmm The three Silmarils, he was also known for creating the eight palantiri.

feanor
and brought woe to all the Eldar...

Kitoky
Hey Feanor, we were just talkin' about you. wink

feanor
stick out tongue aw...*wipes tears from eye* Yes...Feanor was such a tragic story...risking all for the sil, yet never reaching his goal.

shadowy_blue

Bar-en-Danwedh
when he died, he was the only elf they wouldn't let back out into middle-earth again.

he's the coolest just for his anger!!!

feanor
how unfortunate it was for him...and how easily it was for him to be mislead by Melko...to much pride and anger in him to be allowed back i think...i think it had something to with the fact his father remarried

shadowy_blue
Yeah. sad That's my problem with him too. What exactly is his problem from the fact that Finwe remarried? Is it just because he wants all the love and attention to him? Or is he threatened and afraid for the throne? Or is it because he thinks that Finwe never loved Miriel? (though he really did), or is Feanor (I hate to say this but) really just plain selfish? I mean, he never really loved Fingolfin and Finarfin and their children, and I think he also brought up his sons like that. What's his real "issue" you think?

Bar-en-Danwedh
he was a bad ass and he new it. and nobody gave him nearly enough kudos.

(but mostly the throne thing. he was paranoid and didn't trust his half-siblings. he looked down his nose at them a bit).

Kitoky
The eight.

shadowy_blue
blink

sauron
yes the eight...seven of which came to middle earth and one of which is the all powerful stone...which stays with manwe big grin at all times big grin

feanor.....dont talk to ME about feanor...that man makes some jewels...they get stolen so he goes and swears an oath which pretty much screws everyone

he makes some people get banished....so they cant gi back to valinor...THEN burns the ships and stuff so they cant get to M:E WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GO!!!

and the balrogs killing him were great big grin

stupid feanor

shadowy_blue
oh..ok thanks. big grin Didn't know that. I always thought there are just seven of them. big grin

Exa

Kitoky
I won't say I told you so.

feanor

Exa
Awww that sounds perfect in Quenya... *loves text*

feanor
thought you'd appreciate it... smile

Exa
Yeah I thought of making it my new signa... but I just never can decide which quite now really to use for it.
I had the second part of it in english for a while, but the Quenya one sounds far better...

feanor
yes me too...but i was going to write in tengwar

Exa
Perfect idea big grin I hope you dont mind if I also do so stick out tongue
though I wont use it for my sig. Too long, even in tengwar.

feanor
so true...it is quite long even in tengwar...haven't figure out how do it just yet...

Exa
big grin
Il try as soon as I find the time...
Tengwar are so practical cuz you can shorten all the words - especially english ones... yet even if you always put two lines together to one it would, I think, be too long.

sauron
*wishes he could speak/write elvish*

Smodden
*wishes more*

Exa
big grin

Why dont you try it wink

darbanana
*wishes she had a better memory so she could remember more Elvish and therefore learn more in an easier way so she could stop only being able to speak is majorly simple sentances...*

OK, long wish there... back to learning, I'll get it all someday...

Iirima
I can say a few words, but I can't do anything much. I'm learningm don't worry...

darbanana
I guess it's my lack of vocabulary that bothers me, I'd be happier if I could remember words for more than half a minute without majorly focusing on memorizing them, I guess it's just a if I use the word a lot I'll remember it, if not I'll spend hours going "I know what tolto means... I know what tolto means... I know what tolto means..." but that was only with that word, it drove me crazy, but now I'll never forget, tolto=eight...

sauron
i can speak fluent...perfect.....Eng (v ) lish

darbanana
hahaha sauron! *gasp* me too!

sauron
big grin what a coincidense big grin

Exa
ROFL

EW but shouldnt we stop the elvish thing and move this to one of the numerous elvish threads big grin

But to connect it a bit to Feanor... I loved when the Quenya language thing started to change and Feanor kept sticking to the old "th" instead of using the new "s" as everybody else did stick out tongue good characterisation for him, I think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.