Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... Strange Casting!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Primitive Screwhead #1
I was just reading up on the upcoming film adaptation of Douglas Adams' classic book. Ok, I can see Sam Rockwell (Green Mile, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind) as the two headed President of the Galaxy, Zaphod Beeblebrox. But... MOS DEF as Arthur Dent's alien pal Ford Prefect?!?

Now, I'm not playing the race card on this casting like I've seen done elsewhere on this site (Halle Berry as Catwoman, Wesley Snipes as 007)... personally I think someone along the likes of Laurence Fishburne or Craig Charles (Lister from Red Dwarf) could pull this role off rather well. Mos Def just seems like such an odd choice for this character.

For those of you familiar with this series, I want some thoughts on who would be an ideal choice for Ford Prefect. While I'm at it... I'd like to put my vote in for Albert Brooks as Arthur Dent. He just seems to have those neurotic tendencies that fit Arthur so well.

andyF1
its going to be rubbish, it wont work with americans, no way!

Primitive Screwhead #1
It saddens me to say that I agree with you. Especially when they're casting rap artists into the film. The least they can do is use those Babel fish to make whatever rap lyrics they incorporate into something comprehensible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.