Darth Tyranus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
This is another domain name sold to a Lucas Employee. Is it the new Sith or just a red herring? Nobody could have guessed that name so I think it is unlikley that Lucas would buy it so soon.

Dim
I don't know how to feel about it...I do think it's funny that she had her address listed and as soon as word got out she had it changed to the LucasFilm address. That tells me that maybe they weren't expecting anyone to catch on...

What have they found out about John Koenig? All I could find was Vampirella "Dark Romance" page that he's somehow connected to.

King Jedi
What about the name though? It's not as cool as Darth Bane or Maul but it is definatley better than Darth Rage.

Dim
Eh...I have to get used to it...I don't like it as well as the others either but that might change when we actually see the new sith. You're right though..it is better than Rage (that's too much like Maul for me)

What erks me is that I wanted the next Sith to be female...sad . Tyranus doesn't sound like a girl's name to me. I thought we were going to get a girl sith. It's not like women can't be evil. *sigh*

Ratcat
As long as they don't make him/her a member of some reptilian species, That would be just too silly.

Darth Tyranous = Tyranasurus Nooooooooo!!!!!!

King Jedi
I would still much rather see Darth Bane or a female Sith.
What is the craziest name for a sith you have seen? On one Forum I saw someone say that the new Sith will be called Darth Executionor.NO, I didn't beleive him.

Dim
Yeah...Executioner is bad. I can't really think of any other bad ones. I try to forget them you know smile .

As for a reptilian sith...I mostly agree with that and I don't think GL would do that because it's kinda obvious and the man does know how to make a good villian. BUT..I could see someone like Prince Xizor with a name like Tyranus.

KJ-I don't think you're an idiotsmile ...You're just addicted to that absurd site...everyone has their little idiosyncrasies. I'd tell you some of mine but then you'd make fun of me big grin

King Jedi
If this is to be the new Sith, do you think it will be CG? I hope Lucas uses an actor as he should for all main characters.

Dim
I think CGI might be okay. They did a good job with Watto and Sebulba. smile

Darth Heinous
If Darth Rage's name was changed to Darth Tyranus, it wouldn't bother me. I hope he's just as (if not more) vicious than Darth Maul.

King Jedi
What do you mean "if Darth Rage's name was changed". This character is just fan speculation started by someone who I'm not going to mention. Darth Rage doesn't exist.

Dim
What in the san hill is Darth Rage supposed to be like anyway? Not that it matters much.....I'm guessing it's a Supershadow creation smile

In more Supershadow news- The dork keeps getting banned over at TFN. It's actually kinda entertaining...in a traffic accident sort of way.

King Jedi
He is a Supershadow creation.Damm!!! I'm trying to forget about him.

Dim
Let's just hope he never shows up here...

King Jedi
Do you remember that a few months ago the Official Site posted info on Darth Bane and then took it off again? Now we get Darth Tyranus. One of them has to be a lie, or maybe both, or maybe none of them.

Xantos Clone
This can't be a new sith lord...it's too 'earth-like'....obviously to through us off the trail and cause a little hype.

I have a feeling that a rogue dark jedi will do all the damage in this one....(most likely aurra sing)I don't think our old buddy palpy will rush into this

the next sith lord will be anakin/vader....

Dim
Personally I think we'll see at least one more...and since Palpy is racist I bet it will be somewhat humanoid.

King Jedi
Ha Ha.......Why do you think Palpatine is racist? smile
I just hope that their is a new apprentice as I read on another forum someone saying that there won't be and that Palpatine will be trying to get Anakin as his apprentice in EP2.

Dim
Racist? Because how many (non-humanoid) aliens do you see in his forces? And, well, he's just a jerk.

KJ, I think we need to write a theme song for SuperIdiot...

Dada dada Dada dada Suuuper Doooooooooooooooooooork....

no wait...that won't work stick out tongue

Ratcat
That's very true. In the novels this has been exploreddiscussed a bit. Palpatine was very pro-human/anti alien during his reign.

Obviously that's EU and therfore not canon but I believe it has it's roots back in early story treatments by GL.

Dim
See!..*points to RC's post* I know what I'm talking about! (not really but lets pretend stick out tongue )

King Jedi
Darth Maul was an alien or are you counting him as a humanoid.
A Song For Superidiot= I can't think of any but it would have to include the word LIAR somewhere.

King Jedi
I heard a rumour that Tyranus will only be in the first scene of Ep2 where he will be killed by Anakin. The rest of Ep2 will have Palpatine trying to turn Anakin. The other name I've seen is Darth Ravious.

Dim
I'm more likely to believe Tyranus given that they registered it. It might be interesting to see him get offed early in the movie. I am more interested in seeing Palpatine go after Anakin anyway. Besides, Maul was only in about 10 minutes of the movie...why should this guy get more?

King Jedi
And we know that Lucas likes to do this type of thing from what we saw in the Indy movies. The beggining of one story starts off with the ending to another.

Jedimaster3838
Why not Darth Helmet. Yeah right, what a disgrace! I would like to see a woman sith or something a little different. Perhaps that Susan "woman" from Survivor, she pisses me off more than anyone. I would just like to see a lightsaber slice through her. Actually someone who plays evil well is John Malcovich or Gabriel Byrne(I've heard rumors) and they would be great, even though their not women, but good none the less.

Ratcat
I like the idea of the movie opening with Anakin killing a sith lord, but they'd have to have a ship fly overhead first, it's tradition!!!

BTW, very articulate Jedimaster3838, can I suggest using some "@$%*&" over parts of words, there may be young eyes visiting the forum.

Dim
Someone like Susan would be an old crone sith witch smile and yes...the ship overhead must come first...

King Jedi
They could be fighting on a ship. I agree that it would be a shame if we never saw a female Sith in Star Wars.

King Jedi
Darth Tyranus has been registered to Lucas as an official trade mark so I think it is safe to say that he or she will be the new Sith.

Dim
Good, atleast that little mystery is solved...YAY! so there will be another sith in EP2 smile

theEviljedi
I still don't beleave it.It could just be a fan playing a prank.If it was a official it would be on the official site.Another reason I don't beleave it is because they also have Count Durco registered.That is not going to be in Star Wars.

Dim
They have Count Dooku..That's Christopher Lee...

theEviljedi
That's just a rumor.It's a joke because of what he has played.Count will not be in star wars.

theEviljedi
What I think the guy does is as soon as a rumored name is heard he registers it.Ex:Queen Jamila

Dim
??

TFN reported that they registered it for trademark along with others like Bail Organa and Queen Jamillia...

King Jedi
To register a trade mark costs a lot of money. It is to prevent anyone using the name for mechandise so I doubt anyone would try this because even if they did Lucasfilm would would sue. Do you think Tyranus is a female?

Dim
I don't imagine that a female with would be tyrant-like but I could be wrong...

King Jedi
Margaret Thatcher? I hope Tyranus is a female.

Dim
Hmmmm, If that's the case lets just hope that GL doesn't put her in anything too skimpy.

King Jedi
Dim what have you done? I saw Margaret Thatcher and the word skimmpy close to each other and now I'm getting weird visions.

Dim
(post edited for content) sorry, I don't want anyone to get scared...smile

theEviljedi
I think the person it picking up the names so Lucasfilm will be forced to buy them from him.

Dim
It doesn't look like it EJ...most of the names are registered by Lucasfilm...Looking pretty legit.

Ratcat
Still don't like this name, sounds like Star Wars meets Jurassic Park

theEviljedi
Me ether.

Ratcat
OK

King Jedi
It is bad.

Ratcat
I hope beyond hope that this is a sly LFL trick to put us all off of the scent.

I have been really surprised, and quite pleased, to discover just how much notice LFL takes of the fan sites. They visit all the main ones daily, bu main I mean with domains, etc. Not sure about the non-domained sites as much.

I've had several emails from LFL over the last few months on various subjects, non about compyrights or anything thankfully. Just tip offs of things on the official site and stuff. I know they go out t all the main sites but it's nice to know when your important enough to be notuiced like that.

Anyway, my point being that they must have a disinformation campaign going on to try and through us off as much as possible to protect the plot.

Dim
Yeah I bet they do..but I really don't think Darth Tyranus is a fake anymore...of course that might just be what they want me to think...

Ratcat
See! You've fallen right into their trap.

Dim
I know...I'm such a conformist...smile

RC, Join us or die!!!
Mahahahahaha!!

Geat Master Brit Hunt
I don't like it ether as it sounds Star Trekky.

King Jedi
What does "ether" mean? Since you have laughed at some of my posts would you at least spell properly. This isn't for anyone else just GMBH. The rest off yoo can speel houw yoo like. smile

Great Master Brit Hunt
You are member bashing.

King Jedi
No way!!!!! I'm so sorry. smile

King Jedi
Do you think Tyranus will be CGI?

Geat Master Brit Hunt
I hope he is. I see him being green for some reason.

Darth Heinous
Well, it looks like the name of the new Sith is official. I think Tyranus sounds cheezy. Darth Rage, Darth Malicious, Darth Wrath, and Darth Vicious all sound much better.

Darth Daft
For some reason I like the sound of Darth Dredian.

King Jedi
Darth Bane would have been my choice and before you say it I know he is dead. I see Tyranus as being huge. About 8ft tall and well built but not very bright. I think he will be CGI but I hope he isn't.

Darth Daft
The one thing that I hope for is that

1: He is cooler than Darth Maul (which would be quite a challenge for Lucasfilm)

2: He is in more scenes than Darth Maul was (which shouldn't be much of a challenge for Lucasfilm)

Jedimaster3838
I agree with you on both of your points DD. Being cooler than Darth Maul will be hard to pull off, but Lucas can do it. And more air time is definetly needed, at least to prove he is a bad mother you know what.

Darth Daft
Yep I agree. Hmmm, I thought it took 50 posts to loose your Padawan status. You should be a Jedi Knight by now.

King Jedi
I don't think he or she has to be cooler than Maul because I think Tyranus will just be a character to fill in time until we get Anakin. Is Tyranus how you spell the dinosaur?

Darth Daft
No that's Tyrannosaurus Rex you're thinking of. Living during the late Jurassic Period, this living monster was the largest of known predatorial Dinosaurs. Moving on its large hind legs, its small arms were small and weak compared to the rest of its body, although studies have suggested that they were actually stronger than the arms of a human.
Hunting its prey in large fern valleys, a T-Rex as it is sometimes called, would hunt by spiralling around in a circle, getting closer and closer towards its food. This technique is very similar to that of a Tiger and a T-Rex could run at speeds up to 40 miles per hour.

All of this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Darth Tyranus, but I thought you might be interested in the history of the dinosaurs.

Darth Heinous
Actually, if you studied your dinosaurs more closely you'll learn that, T-Rex is NOT the largest carnosaur (though it's still got the biggest teeth). Giganotosaurus is a few feet longer (a fairly recent discovery) and a even newer discovered carnosaur who has a Souh American name is even larger than Giganotosaurus and T-Rex. Also the T-Rex lived in the Cretaceous period of the Mezoic Era, not the Jurassic period. Perhaps Darth Tyranus should be named Darth Dinosaur instead? Ha-Ha-Ha. Enjoy learning some new info on dinosaurs. Cheers!

Darth Daft
Yes I was guessing most of that stuff. I did actually know that there had been predator dinosaurs discovered that were larger than it, but I didn't think anyone would notice if I lied. You obviously know your stuff Darth Heinous (well, about Dinosaurs anyway)

Jedimaster3838
Sweet, I love Jurassic Park, what a great movie. I believe that part three comes out this summer. Hehehe

Darth Daft
Yeah is Steven Speilberg involved again or is there a completely different crew?

Jedimaster3838
Its a whole new crew, Michael Cricton(SP?) didn't even write the book, but they do have the character Alan Grant returning. Back to the subject, I heard the rumor that Christopher Lee's character (Count Dooku) will be trained in the Sith arts(The guy using two lightsabers). Is there any validity to this rumor, or does everyboy think he will still be a senator?

King Jedi
I still think he will be a Dark Jedi. But I've also heard that Count Dooku is Darth Tyranus.

Darth Daft
I think we should see thousands of Dark Jedi fighting in a war against the Jedi.

Darth Heinous
Perhaps the next Tales Of The Jedi will be about The Great Schism (about 11,500 years before Episode 4). That's when thousands of Dark Jedi get kicked out of the (Old) Republic and they join up with the orginal Dark Lord of the Sith (his name is unknown).

Darth Daft
Is the original dark lord of the Sith Darth Bane? Sorry, my knowledge of outside the films is very limited.

Gundark
Tyranus does sound too trekky. Maul was okay, but Vader was so...UNEARTHLY. The two syllable name had finality about it. Darth VA-DER. Boom. Hey, don't mess with this guy. You go beyond 3 syllables and the guy will slice you up with his saber before you get it all out. "Hey look, Obi-Wan, its Darth wahinibookybooky.." and you're in two pieces before you get the rest of it out. It can't be a common name. Ben was a common name, Luke a little less so, and Han is practically unheard of as well as Leia. I'm obviously speaking only of humans here. Vader being the original Darth is a hard act to follow. The name is so ingrained into the fans brains. At least this fans.

King Jedi
I agree with that but I still like Sidious as a name even though it's longer.

Darth Daft
I realised that if you put "IN" in front of Vader and Sidious it makes invader and insidious, both real words. I know Maul doesn't work like that, but still perhaps the new Sith Lord will have a name with the same characteristics.

King Jedi
Vader is the Dutch word for father.

Darth Daft
And Darth means Dark doesn't it? Dark Father. Cool.

King Jedi
That's right and the word Amidala means tonsils in Potugese so if you live in that part of the world you go and see Star Wars with Queen Tonsils.

Darth Daft
That's cool. I went to Portugal in May. The roads are terrible there. Didn't see anything to do with Star Wars though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.