River Pheonix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

x-men
i just saw the picture of river phoenix in his casket when he deid.i am crying .it is just terrible .i wil not describe it ,it is too disterbing and for all u fans of river if u havnt seen this picture already plz DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as soon as i saw the picture i freaked out i cried i had to walk out of the room i wish i never saw that picture,now when i think of river ,it will never be the sameRIP River Phoenix.
WE LOVE U

clavis9495
ow.. I wouldnt wanna see I dont think

MISSME
Don't look.....you don't want to remember him that way.....!

He was and is a great actor!

x-men
yes he was but why

Cinemaddiction
Err..he's been dead 10 years, and he had small roles in 3 decent movies? What's all the hoopla?

clavis9495
well he was good youll have to admitt

lil tears
How did he die exactly at the age of 23 huh

lil tears
http://www.astabgay.com/gayicons/Gsurfboard.jpg

is that him?

lil tears
I am very uninformed of this young actor........ embarrasment
What movies has he been in and does any one have pics?

I found a few here they are, but I have never heard of him, but he seems so familiar erm

Here's one with Keanu Reeves.....
http://images.diaryhub.com/k/kokochan/w07.River-Keanu.jpg

lil tears
smile

lil tears
sad

clavis9495
hmmzz nice guy it seems... but.. still so sad.. I wish he had lived longer so Id know him in his films

lil tears
Yea I was very un aware that he was in movies blink
Haven't seen him in any other than My Own Private idaho with Keanu Reeves, and even then I wasn't aware it was him sad

SweetNsouR
river phoenix is a really beautiful name

Kes
He overdose.

clavis9495
I know... but.. thats just the sad part obviously he wasnt that happy... but still... wish he had more time

thorC
i think so.
mmmm. he was in My own Private Idaho, the Parenthood, Stand by Me.
He was Oscar nominee for the best supporting actor from this movie.

clavis9495
ow tfti eek!

Mabius*Emz
he was also in indiana jones 3, he played indie when he was young :P

deppaholic63
yeah um incase u's didnt know that he overdosed out on the steps of The Viper Room which was then co-owned by Johnny Depp and thats why he sold his half how say is that.
River Phoenix R.I.P. you were great

Clark_Kent
im a true fan of River Phoenix, i believe he would have been a great actor. he was so young and still cool, cool like his friend Johhny depp.
the movie that cemeneted his name for me was: STAND BY ME....

i would have let a few tears roll if i saw his death photo.

Sarah15
i loved him in Stand By Me...i think he could of been a good actor..

PhilmMayker
Incredible, sensitive actor -- a true loss for all.
The heir in many ways to legends like James Dean,
Marlon Brando and Paul Newman.
Check out "Dogfight", a beautiful film....truly.

KillTheLight
yeah i agree.I loved river phoenix as an actor my favourite movie of his was defiently stand by me i love that movie so much.My own private idaho was pretty cool even though he played keanu reeves gay lover in that movie there used to be rumous that they were more then just friends in real life to.
I also heard that steven spielberg was going to make him the next young Indiana Jones and Harrision ford was going to be his father like figure in the movies.

If u didnt already know this he comes from a family of hippys which u proberly could tell from the names of his brothers and sisters i cant remeber them all but i do know that his brother Joaquine phoenix used to be called Leaf but he changed it himself.

Ive heard the phone call his sister made out side the viper club a million times and i find it so sad everytime i hear it i guess seeing him dead would make feel bad to.

dangerousinred
I love DogFight. *cries* River Phoenix was and is one of my favorite actors.

LadyDeath
WTF is this about?!?!?!?!?!?

iLovJoaquinPhnx
River wasnt in PARENTHOOD.....his little brohter,joaquin(who i am insanely obsessed w/ as u can see by my s/n) was in it. he played Garry. Happy Dance

Krizty
How did River die? sad

KillTheLight
he collapsed from a drug overdose outside Johnny depps club the vipper room

MISSME
He never died...........just in your memories! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quarabgirl
You can't forget that River Phoenix was also in the movie Sneakers with Robert Redford.

*Georgina_A*
I LOVE River Phoenix! He was such an excellent actor! Great in "Stand by Me". It's hard to think he was only about 12 when he filmed it. He's just droolio

It's so sad to think that he died at such a young age sad

startxthexmosh
he is also one of my favorite actors...R.I.P

RIPriver:(:(:(
i loved river! sad although i have only seen stand by me, i could tell he was a great actor. He died a day brfore my birthday and that made me really sad. i have not seen the disterbing picture and i dont want too

iloveriver
i want to see these so called disturbing pics of river

Iloveriverp
Yo0o0o i LOVE river pheonix!!!!!

Quarabgirl
I would also like to see these disturbing pictures. I love him, but really I think I could handle it.

--------------------------
I love at the end of the movie Sneakers where they are given the opportunity to choose one thing that they want in the world and all River Phoenix wants is the one girl's phone number. I know it is just a movie, but he is extremely cute in it. If you haven't seen it, you should.
smile

I love River Phoenix. No one can get enough. !!!!!!!!!!!!

marlborokid
The body in the casket is not the River Phoenix we know. I saw it and it left me cold and upset and angry and wish it wasn't on the internet for people to gawk at. It's terrible. But that isn't him. Ok, it's his remains, but there is nothing of River there and so it wasn't how I will remember him. I'll remember River in My own Private Idaho which i consider his best performance. I have a signed picture of River that i keep as well. I miss him and I'm gald that he can live on in his work and influences.

MornGlory
only one other person mentioned it but... River Pheoenix's brother is Joaquin Phoenix...
(and sister Summer Phoenix)
who i think is a better actor..

Quarabgirl
I love River as much as the rest of you, but I saw the pic of him in his coffin and it wasn't as bad as some have said. The web site said that the photographer was moving him around and that the embalming was done horribly, but I don't know how much (if any) of this is true.

Don't think me cold hearted for not being completely disgusted with the picture, but it really was not that bad.

Flying High
Originally posted by thorC
i think so.
mmmm. he was in My own Private Idaho, the Parenthood, Stand by Me.
He was Oscar nominee for the best supporting actor from this movie.
he wasnt in parenthood...that was joaquin....he was nominated for best supporting actor in running on empty...

KillTheLight
wow you just bumped an incredibly dusty thread candlei doubt that person even posts here anymore but yeah tis true what you wrote happy

Morning_Glory
I havent seen Running on Empty?

have to check it out

golden moon
I only watched indiana jones but yet I really liked him... too bad he's dead cry

I hope his brother does better erm

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by golden moon
I only watched indiana jones but yet I really liked him... too bad he's dead cry

I almost think that Joaquin is doing better erm

KillTheLight

you've never seen stand by me shock..go see it right now!! ..dload it/rent it/buy it..

Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I almost think that Joaquin is doing better erm

I think GM was on about his alcohol problems erm

inuyasha555
hi im new here

golden moon
Originally posted by KillTheLight
you've never seen stand by me shock..go see it right now!! ..dload it/rent it/buy it..

omg! I watched stand by me!!! I just told my mom to rent it for me and she reminded me that we watched already! isn't it the one with some children in the forest searching the dead body of their friend?

you know my mom is some kind of a movie freak lol

and yep talking about alcohol probs or even drugs... erm

Britrogue
omg! I watched stand by me!!! I just told my mom to rent it for me and she reminded me that we watched already! isn't it the one with some children in the forest searching the dead body of their friend?

you know my mom is some kind of a movie freak lol

and yep talking about alcohol probs or even drugs... erm

River Phoenix was absolutely fabulous. He played a young Harrison Ford spectacularly well in Indy, then pulled off a great Harry's son in Mosquito Coast. It's terrible and tragic that he's dead sad

golden moon
Originally posted by Britrogue
River Phoenix was absolutely fabulous. He played a young Harrison Ford spectacularly well in Indy, then pulled off a great Harry's son in Mosquito Coast. It's terrible and tragic that he's dead sad

yes cry

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by KillTheLight

embarrasment oh erm

golden moon
oh look! his ghost! eek!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/golden13/river.jpg

KillTheLight
nice effect stick out tongue

KidRock
Originally posted by x-men
i just saw the picture of river phoenix in his casket when he deid.i am crying .it is just terrible .i wil not describe it ,it is too disterbing and for all u fans of river if u havnt seen this picture already plz DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as soon as i saw the picture i freaked out i cried i had to walk out of the room i wish i never saw that picture,now when i think of river ,it will never be the sameRIP River Phoenix.
WE LOVE U

He shouldn't have done drugs and flop like a fish at Johnny Depp's club.

golden moon
(auto quote)

wink

golden moon
haha! gues which film is on tv right now...

stand by me! eek!

KillTheLight
eek!..love that movie..it's so sad crytissue

golden moon
yeah cry

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by marlborokid
The body in the casket is not the River Phoenix we know. I saw it and it left me cold and upset and angry and wish it wasn't on the internet for people to gawk at. It's terrible. But that isn't him. Ok, it's his remains, but there is nothing of River there and so it wasn't how I will remember him. I'll remember River in My own Private Idaho which i consider his best performance. I have a signed picture of River that i keep as well. I miss him and I'm gald that he can live on in his work and influences.

where do I get to see a pic or hear the audio thingy???

is it weird to want to see this pic.. embarrasment sorry

KillTheLight
why do you want to hear Joaquin cry over the phone that his brother is dying erm..i think the media already whored out that phone call enough when it happened erm...and i think it's kind of sick that the dead image of his brother is on the Internet sorry but i think it's wrong ..I understand your curious ..but it's just not something i know i'd want to see erm...

Morning_Glory
thats all I am is curious... and it is wrong that its on the net... but Im still curious embarrasment

KillTheLight
erm...do you really want to remember him that way...it's not worth the curiosity..

Morning_Glory
no... but Im human... and Im curious.. sorry embarrasment I wont look ... well not right now or any time this week or anything but eventually I might go look erm

KillTheLight
erm.

Morning_Glory
it's my choice if I want to look or not... but dont know when or if I am going to ..s,dflsdk sigh sigh

KillTheLight
I never said it wasn't your choice..but I hope you cant find it..erm and if you do make sure you let me know.. so I can at least try and persuade the site owner to take it down cause at the end of the day it's just disrespectful and hurtful to his fans and family..

Morning_Glory
I did find it ... there was a whole story or recount of the night that he died at the club.. and then there was a link that was linked to the picture... but I couldnt bring myself to look at it... cause if that was my brother (which I dont have any... ) but... I would hate people looking at it sad erm

KillTheLight
pm me the link..

Morning_Glory
ok

Morning_Glory
........... I posted something here and it was in the wrong thread

KillTheLight
blink

Morning_Glory
i got confused embarrasment sorry... i thought it was the joaquin thread for a second sorry embarrasment

KillTheLight
happy birthday River... he would have been 35 today..erm

Morning_Glory
Happy B-Day cake

cry

frau
35... Wow. I absolutely adored him when I was younger. RIP River we still love ya.

KillTheLight
indeed we do..happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.