I was the Doc Ock Stand-In

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

heathrocksla
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hi and let you guys know that i'm the guy that the Doc Ock costume was developed around. It was a 6 month process where I was fitted with prototypes and then these prototypes were tested with 4-12 puppeteers at a time. If you've seen the footage floating around the net of the guy in the costume in a dark room ...then you've seen me.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and if anyone has any questions or anything, don't hesitate to email me at: [email protected]

Heath

juggernaut26
ummm sorry but i don't believe ya

heathrocksla
It's ok...don't be a hater....

Astro12345
is there a way u could prove it?

heathrocksla
I can tell you all about the prototype costume...I can answer any questions as in...where we did the prototype tests...what the tentacles are made of...how they made them...the problems we had with the prototype and also with the actual suit during shooting....so yes...I can prove it.

Heath

Astro12345
What's this footage about a guy in a costume in a dark room you talk about?

Astro12345
Is this a scene from Spider-man 2?

Ock
What scene were you a stand in for?

Jason420
^answer his question dammnit

Astro12345
He's a fake! He would've replied by now.

Spider-Dan
Yeah, he's a fake and a big loser too.

heathrocksla
lol...ok...all you little spider geeks...No I'm not a fake and no I'm not a loser...I was the stand-in for the developement of the doc ock costume...believe what you want. I haven't responded earlier because I actually work a lot in tv and film and I rarely get on msg boards. I thought it would be cool to share my experiences with anyone interested and what do I get...people that call me a fake and don't believe. Whatever...

Tell you what...I'll be selling the program book for the first meeting we had with Sam, for the different concepts of the claws and tentacles, etc. on ebay the week before the movie comes out. So, for all you non believers...be watching and bid if you'd like...or not, I really don't care.

VENOMfan
Soooo if you are why not talk about what filming was like? really you have to say more than I wore the suit stuff like that.

was the role diffucult spoilers stuff like that

Red Superfly
If you a real Spider-man employee of any kind, you WOULD NOT insult fans of Spider-Man, on a Spider-Man Movie discussion forum, because some people called you a fake, because you didn't prove any evidence. Evidence does not consist of "I am, so there".

And how do we know your not just some fan whos selling some random program from a meeting? Words simply aren't good enough. You expect people to just believe? Get real.

Seriously - I may have believed you, if you didn't act and type like a 13 year old loser, sat at his dads computer, getting kicks out of putting up bogus BS on a forum. These are internet boards genius, people are allowed to be skeptical after all the crap that gets thrown around.

If you are some kid (you may not - prove me wrong otherwise) then I hope you at least have the decency to F*** OFF!

Reborn Again
Leave him alone guys. I believe him. In fact I was in the movie too. I was Tobey McGuire's butt double.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Take it easy Red SuperFly!! mad
I believe him.
Did you work with Tobey? did you meet Alferd? what were the tentacles made of? what is that scene about were Doc. Ock throws the taxi through the cafe' window to get Peters attention?

VENOMfan
Yeah thats enuf member bashing. heathrocksla dont try a retort just post about what your experiance was like. stuff like that.

otherwise this thread will be closed

Spiderman_RJ
really??! hmmmm did it hurt when octopus kicked ur ass?

heathrocksla
I'll simply ignore all the previous punches...except to say...I'm not a spiderman groupy as some of you are...which is fine if you are...I worked on the film...I work on many films, not because I'm into them, but because that's what I do. My only intention of ever posting here was to relay my experiences to anyone interested in hearing about them because I figured it would be pretty cool if someone did that for me. But naturally, there are always skeptics and that's fine...I really don't care. So to those skeptics, I simply say...don't read what I write. Now wasn't that easy. And as far as, "And how do we know your not just some fan whos selling some random program from a meeting?" I ask the question...how exactly would a Spiderman fan get a hold of one of only 15 copies of a program that was held exclusively on Sony's studio in Culver City? And to you SUPERFLY, I could give a shit less what you think and if you think I have something to prove to you...then you're dreaming in Spidey land...to the others of you...congratulations at not hating the world and being a negative person even when the truth is clearly in front of you...and that's ALL I have to say about these matters....now, if you'll read my earlier posts...I was involved in the pre-production process of the film...meaning, months before any of the filming began, the suit, which is soooo complex had to be developed and basicallly, just had to be figured out how the hell to do it. We started with 4 puppeteers and me wearing an ordinary black back brace with 4 long foam tentacles glued to the back of them...rods where attached to each tentacle and we basically went through the movements of fighting...walking, crouching, sitting...etc, to see what worked and what didn't. Improvements were made along the way...I took a beating at times, but it was all cool...so what did they end up making the tentacles out of? Well, they tried different things...aluminum was an option but they ended up making the tentacle out of liquid foam. Molds were made and the foam was poured in and would cure after a short time...these were all painstackingly assembled. To complicate things, there were different size segments made..so it was like a jigsaw puzzle. Plus, there were lots of cables that had to go through the middle of each tentacle which added alot of weight. The puppeteers ended up having to rig a complex system of weights and booms to lift the tentacles during filming. And another problem...these wires inside the tentacles..with each movement...they worked as a saw against the foam segments...meaning, they would eventually saw through the links and they would have to be replaced.

So...oh, one more thing...the pre-production I was involved with was done at EdgeFX which is in Burbank, CA on Flower St. Lyle Conway was originally in charge of the development, he created Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors and also created THE BLOB. He was also in Blade, at the end when all the elders are in a circle...he's the one that talks to the bad guy...he has a white beard. Anyway, he was fired after a while..totally political...that happens a lot in this business, unfortunatley.

So that's enough rambling for now...feel free to bash away....

who?-kid
No, I don't want to bash you. I'm not sure I believe you, but you sure sound convincing smile.

But even when you would turn out a fake - which I doubt a bit, but maybe I'm too naive - there's no need for the other members of this forum to act impolite.

heathrocksla
thanks for almost...sorta...kinda...believing me...lol

Red Superfly
Okay, I never said I didn't belive him - but I never said I 100% believed him either. OK?

And I said, IF you were a kid messing us around, then please go away - that's perfectly fair I think.

Just because I didn't believe him (due to the fact I wasn't conviced AT ALL this was genuine) doesn't mean I don't want to.

It'd be great if it were genuine - but as most of you know - people who just appear on message boards claiming to be someone working on the new amazing big budget block buster, or next AAA videogame (and are just blatant liars) are as common as muck, and sometimes - the fakes are MORE convincing.

If you are genuine - then ignore what I said, you are welcome here definitely.

heathrocksla
Well thank you very much for that...I tell you what..if you'd like...send me your email address and I'll scan the cover of the book...the one of the meeting we had with Sam and I'll email you a copy of it...

[email protected]

Freddy_vs_Jason
I agree with who?-kid, if you don't believe him then theres no need for member bashing. Thats pretty cool al the stuff you did, but you didn't answer my question, did you meet Tobey and Alferd?

heathrocksla
No I never met Tobey...I did meet Alfred at the wrap party....all the puppeteers that worked on the film are my friends and they absolutely loved Alfred. He would have lunch and dinner with them...just a very cool guy with no attitude. Tobey on the other hand....I've heard bad things about him from other friends that have worked with him and they've all said that he's a prick. He has a huge ego and is very difficult to work with. My puppeteers friends told me exactly the same thing. Kristen Duntz though, they loved her also...at one point, she wanted to try the puppeteering thing so they put her in one of the harnesses and let her play with it...she almost tipped over...

JackMode211
thats wierd ....he dosent seem like a punk *****

JackMode211
...but then again...he IS an actor

VENOMfan
thats too bad Dunst is nice. If she was mean it would be easier for me to hate her.

<<Solo>>
I'd have to believe this guy. Just because he actually put his email address for someone to email him a copy of the cover of the book.

heathrocksla
Thanks for being a believer

Austinzilla
you call us spider geeks? youre the one who was the stand-in for f*cking doc ock! YOU dont be a hater biatch! and yes you are a loser

heathrocksla
Hey...spider geek...bite me...loser

VENOMfan
nock off the bashing.

heathrocksla
no kidding...talk about jumping in in the middle of the book

VENOMfan
Well this thread was on the right track. your tales seem interesting.

but Spider geek isnt cool either. some people are very conected to the character. and nothing is wrong with having a role model imaginary or not.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
but everything has been put aside right?

Well...what else can you tell us? You met Alfred? the only thing Ive seen him in was identity. Ive heard the guy can act, maybe not Dafoe calibur...but ya never know.

can you describe anything about his acting?

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
side note: I found this today. so In my book there isnt anything wrong with being a die hard Spiderman fan.

I cant remember the details but It was about one of those guys who wears a Spiderman costume and he visited a kid who was hit by a car and wasnt doing well. He was hospital ridden and the only outlet he had was Spiderman comics basically the one thing he wanted was too see "the real Spiderman" So the actor shows up does his Spiderman pose and as the kid goes down the hallway he meets Spidey.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
Now everybody back to topic

Freddy_vs_Jason
No, NO! your lieing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs off crying*

Clark_Kent
if you worked on SpiderMan 2 as a "stand in"..then we would, or should see your name...i mean, if you want the recogintion than you would not hide you're idenety..shoot i know spiderman's idenety..so when i go to that movie in less than a month..i'll wait my ass to be proved wrong or right..if you don't answer, than i won't pay any attention to your "supposed stand in" and assume there was CGI on your "stand in" parts...

(besides, i stay and wait until everyone is cleared out, before i get up. those weekend boxoffices always force me to stay longer and listen to the music..and sometimes the credits..a killer movie watcher. )

LousyBoy
Hey Heath.. i dont see any reason not to believe you.. but then again there is no hardcore proof, nonetheless... i believe just for the sake of thinking its cool that really know about the movie. Anyway.. i was wondering if you knew anything about the villians in any of the coming sequals... without giving away any spoilers.

heathrocksla
As far as my name being in the credits...I don't know if they will be or not...CLARK_KENT ...if you had taken the time to read the previous psts, you would have read that I repeatedly said that I didn't work during the actual shooting. I worked on the pre-production for the development of Doc Ock..it is totally up to them whether they put my name in or not.

LOUSYBOY...what I heard while beng involved on this...Spiderman 3 is already in the works... it sounds like they're going to have two different villains. Shooting will start next year and it'll probably be out late 2006

Red Superfly
Two different villains? WHAT? NOOOOOOOO!

THEY CAN GO F*** THEMSELVES!

Austinzilla
i think they should stick to just venom in the 3rd movie

Putte

heathrocksla
that's the rumour...I have no idea if it's true or not but that's what Sam and Dikestra were talking about at the first meeting we went to.

Spicy_Mchaggis
hey heath i agree with austinzilla dude you said: hey all you spider geeks. what the ****? then you said: i dont follow spiderman like most of you guys.
1) you would have to follow spiderman somewhat to know how doctor octopus moves and shit like that and how to act like him
2) us spider geeks? you were the ****ing stand in for the movie.
your just contradicting yourself, which proves you are a fake and your just trying to get attention on a forum because you cant get attention otherwise
****TARD!

heathrocksla
Ok...I'm tired of all this bullshit...you people don't understand that a ****ing job is a ****ing job. Yes, I worked on Spiderman 2...I also worked on Alias and X Files and The Italian Job and numerous other shows and movies...it's a ****ING JOB. You don't take a job because you follow the show or because you love the character...you take a job becaus you need to work. Why is that so ****ing hard for you people to grasp. I like Star Trek, I was raised watching it, but I don't go out trying to work on Star Trek. If they called me and wanted me to do it then I would.

Jesus...most of you people are just a huge pain in the ass and I'm sorry I ever posted on this ****ING Board.

heathrocksla
and just for the record....I didn't know how Doc moved...that's what acting is...we watched and came up with how he moves...

VENOMfan
Good God, people always have somthing to add apparently.

Way to kill an interesting thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.