Lukes lightsaber in rotj

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ryamathart
I want to know how the hell luke had any idea how to make a new lightsaber. I mean their is only one jedi left and im pretty sure that yoda did explain to luke how to make a lightsaber.

What i think happened is luke went back to obi's hut and a disasembled qui gonns lightsaber. so luke took the crystal and some of the other stuff and made the light saber from what information was left a bens hut.

N sync as jedis????????????? what is happening

jedi fernando

yerssot
novelisation:
Luke got his parts from OB1, nothing about QGJ

Ushgarak
Yes, this has always been a much theroised thing. The most likely explanation is the one that was scripted and that appeared in the book and radio play, where Luke makes the new sabre out of parts foubnd at Obi-Wan's hut.

The possible connection with Qui-Gon's sabre is subject to much speculation but nothing solid.

yerssot
as long as it's not mentioned in the movie, it's the novalisation of Del Rey (and no-one other) that is right

Gundark
The whole process is described in "Shadows of The Empire".

ToMacco
It was green

Ushgarak
... and Shadows of the Empire took it almost verbatim from the Radio play, Gundy.

yerssot
ToMacco said green, but what's the question?

Ushgarak
I think that was a bit of whimsy by To...

yerssot
expacting something else?

ryamathart
what about the color of the blade obi didnt have a green blade. also like i said before where the hell is look gonna get another crystal. I think he took quis crystal hence the green blade.

Ushgarak
Don't get hung up on all that crystal stuff. In the ROTJ radio play the blade focusses through a clear lens. The crystal has nothing to with colour.

it does in the EU books but that is neither here nor there.

ToMacco
Of course there is logic behind my post. The thread title is Luke's lightsabre in RotJ (or something like that.) And I said it was green cool

LanceWindu
Good for you Mr. Tomato Tobbacco. cool

yerssot
He got the parts he needed from things he found in OB1 home, it's in the novalization!

Captain REX
I knew that was what Tomacco stood for. laughing out loud

Well then, Ush, how do you change the color if it goes through a clear lense? Do they use multicolored lenses, like green and blue and red?

yerssot
crystal has nothing to do, so if it's not in the movie, novalisation OR the radio play, nobody knows

Mujaffa
in shadows of the empire luke went back to tatooine
in obi-wan's hut he found books on how to make a new saber

start read books and cartoons!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Er, no, FORGET the books, which mean nothing. And as I say, that SOTE scene is the same as from the radio play.

Now I think about it, though, it's possible that the radio actually took it from SOTE. Same result, of course, but still interesting. I'll check it out.

yerssot
checked it already?

LanceWindu
I'm guessing he did.

ChrisCulby
Hey guys, I'm new to this, but from what I've read, you are all getting way off subject.

Let me enlighten you to the origins of Luke's lightsaber in ROTJ.

After the Empire Strikes Back, Luke Returned to Tatooine to look around Obi-Wan's hut. There he found a chest and inside was an old handbook containing information on how to build a lightsaber. (For those of you who don't know, the color of a lightsaber comes from the Adegan crystal, found on Ossus. These crystals are also what focuses the light into a blade-like beam.) Luke used these plans to build his lightsaber. Since he didn't have any Adegan crystals lying around, he made one using a machine. Construction of his lightsaber took a few months.

Thats about all i have to say about that.

I'm out.

finti
That is EU an not reliable

yerssot
mental note:
search the radio drama
they explained a bit in that, and that IS cannon (although it comes AFTER the movies and the novelisation)

Ushgarak
You missed out the screenplays.

Yeah, that's no good, Chris, and we knew all that anyway.

Mujaffa
he's right boyos stop argueing

yerssot
Dare I quote queeq?

Here it comes!

RBYP!!!!!!!

(=read before you post)
it's EU for crying out loud

Ushgarak
Yes, Mujaffa, please pay attention before you post.

yerssot
with that British humor thing, you never know if someone is serious or not *sigh*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.