Post-mOdern Horror Movie Cliches

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
laughing We all know the familiar cliches of the horror films of old, but I would like to discuss the many humourous cliches rife in todays so called Post-Modern( ie Post-Cliche) Cool Horror films, eg Scream, I Know what you did last summer et al.

I have a few but i want you to add your own here and create a kind of library of the horror movie cliche, because I love them and they make me laugh.

1. No one ever gets a Mobile phone signal
2. A policemen will appear, and the cast will assume themselves saved, the audience is meant to think this also, but this policeman or policemen, will die, either straight away, or they will turn up later dead, either in a squad car or somwhere else.
3. The embarassing psuedo intellectual , dialouge, pop culture and philosophy/pyschology references, psuedo humourous concepts.
4. Students ( High School or college, sometimes both in a franchise/series)( never adults/old people), some really good looking , others less so and some just plain ugly, and it is always obvious from the introduction who is going to die ( ie the less attractive and the ugly), and who is going to live( The Attractive)
5. There is always some kind of road sign, eg., Dead End or Wrong Turn, etc
6. Wooden Cabins and waste ground surround by old rusted cars in various sates of disrepair and other assorted debris, (often old,rusting and buckled bicycles)
7. Generally stories that make more sense and are slightly more credible than horror movies of old( except Jeepers Creepers, What your gonna go back and check out what was in the big pipe after youve seen something which is clearly some kind of monster ,throw what was obviously a dead body down the aformentioned big pipe?) .....anyway
8. The person who you are meant to think is responsible for the carnage is never the one who is.

thats enough from me , for just now, please add your own to this list. Cheers Papabeard. laughing eek! laughing

SlipknoT
9.) the killer never dies

Jason420
10.the slower the killer the faster he'll catch you

amlap
11. the sound track means more than the movie!

SlipknoT
12. sluts,stoners,and jocks all die

papabeard
10. a nu-metal soundtrack, big guitars kiciking in as the credits roll,

Bands like, Godsmack, Disturbed , spineshank, 2nd rate shit.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
11. same screaming every time, in all horror movies. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" it's time for a change. Why not "BahahBahahBahahaHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" lol smile

papabeard
12.You never get to see **** in horror films anymore, which is one thing i miss about horror movies of old. Probably because they are trying to appeal to a wider demographic, and lower the age certificate. Corprorate Whores!

HockeyFace
Virgins always live

Stupid teenager hears noises upstairs and asks "Who's there?" stupid teenager goes upstars and dies

Rappers never die in horror movies... cough... Iced Tea... cough... Busta Rhymes... cough

papabeard
some of these like virgins live, are cliches from old horror movies, ones every body knows, basically everything that was in scream,i want cliches and motifs from horror movies made around and after The last nightmare on elm street "freddy's dead"? which was really the first film to poke fun at the horror genre and incorporate it into the film and plot, this is why The last nightmare on elm street , when freddy really exists, was probably the best, although it probably couldnt really have existed without the originals, so i think the first and the last one (6?) are the only 2 worthy of respect. So only cliches post Freddy's Dead and Scream etc....please?

Hey Backfire , your the expert , you got anything to add?

papabeard
come on, you people are meant to be intelligent , and knowledgeable about horror movies, or can noone think of any, or does noone care.....

most likely the latter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.