Elijah/frodo *offical* [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
I think that Elijah played his role as Frodo Baginness (if thats hoew u spell it) really well, he is a fantastic actor, who else agrees?

BingaBonga
yes, elijah wood is the perfect actor for frodo, but i know this is really random.... i hate him with the sideburns.... erm

johnnys#1 fan
Elijah wood does an amazing job as Frodo WOW!

AnakinFan
I can't think of anyone else that could play Frodo. However in the real world that guy looks weird. Whats with his rooster hair doo? Anyway, I've seen him in a few movies and he always does a great job and Return Of The King, when the ring starts taking over - he will be awesome! Woohoo Frodo!

Bloomheadgirl
I lurve Lij!!! I think he's the nicest person, he was great as Frodo Bagins!

~*Tanya

aniron
I love it when he syas "they're here, they've come" in ttt

OrliNElijahsGrl
OH yes i think elijah does a amazing good job on playing frodo baggins, i cant imagine no other person playing frodo baggins, he brings the character frodo baggins to life, hes amazing! And not to mention...HE LOOKS INCREDIBLY sexy!!

Yes...elijah IS really nice...actually hes more than nice...hes a total sweetheart!! <3 I luv him <3 LMAO had to put that! *has the image of elijah doing his sexy dance on TRL replaying in her head over and over* lmao...good god! ahh

Arwenishott
elijah is a talented actor and he was great in lotr.........i've been told i look like him lol

OrliNElijahsGrl
awwww!!!!

aniron
If I had three lotr wishes they would be:
meet sean bean
meet elijah
meet orlando

my sister thinks elijah is gorgeouse, I think that he is cute, but i love him cos of his fantastic acting skills

Hypernova
If I had three lotr wishes they would be:
Meet the fellowship stick out tongue
Visit the places the fellowship visited big grin

And meet Elijah Wood laughing out loud (in keeping with the topic)

BingaBonga
If I had lotr wishes....

I would love to go to new zealand where their set was, I mean in the fellowship and towers it was such a beautiful landscape

I would like to meet Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Elijah Wood, Miranda Otto, oh what the heck all of them...

I'd like to go to one of the primeres too...

love love love love love love love love love

aniron
and be invited to live with them forever lol

OrliNElijahsGrl
oooo..if i had 3 lotr wishes, it be...meeting orlando, elijah and all of the cast, being in NZ on the set of LOTR, and....GO TO THE PREMIERES!!!

aniron
I think that stands for everyone yes

Hypernova
The premiere would be good!!

Elijah has such beautiful blue eyes!!

aniron
I LOVE HIS EYES!!!!!!!!!!!! and his beautiful voice

Hypernova
Glad they kept this thread open smile

The new posters of Frodo and the other one with Frodo and Sam are so effective! I love it!!

Hypernova
Here it is thumb up

Hypernova
That was TTT... this one is ROTK

OrliNElijahsGrl
ahhh that is FANTASTIC!! thats the movie poster they have up at our movie theater now on the wall! I saw it and let out a loud shriek! It was so amazing to already see the movie poster up at our movie theater, and it says In Theaters December 17th

ahhhhhhh *gets all excited* wooooooooooooooo

Hypernova
That was my reaction the first time I saw the posters, OrliNElijahsGrl
thumb up

Hypernova
From ROTK production photos

aniron
stop with rotk posters because it gives the suprise

Izz
Did anyone see 'Deep Impact'? Elijah plays a little guy in it who eventually saves the world from aliens (hey, that sounds familiar...)
But I like him very much. I have the movie poster of FotR hanging next to my bed so he always looks down on me... smile

aniron
yep Ive seen that movie, he gets married!

has anone seen im in huck finn (HA HA HA HA HA) sorry I always laugh

Exa
I just found some interesting pics...

Is Frodo going to transform like Gollum??

Exa
Another:

(edit: ok pic doesnt seem to work - I'll try again)

Exa
So, here it is:

Exa
Here from the movie:

Hypernova
Cool, Exa.

Well if you have a look at the teaser posters, they also suggest Frodo quickly succumbing to the power of the ring.

I can't wait.

Exa
Hm, you're right. I totally forgot about that.

Hypernova
No but these pictures are good... well... poor Frodo.

fini
question??............how come Frodo is succumbing to the ring if he only HAD it for bout 17 years...............and Bilbo had it for 60 years and you didn't see that happening to him???( well except for the lil flash in the house of elrond)

sauron
because frodo is going into mordor to destroy the ring

now...if i was an evil ring, being taken to the land of my evil master, to be destroyed i would be using my evil power of dominion overtime, wouldnt you, plus sauron thinks either aragorn or pippin have the ring and they are both close to mordor at this moment in time so im guessing he will be working overtime also calling tothe ring

just a thought

mah
Correctly thought out Sauron. The ring gets heavier and 'worse' the closer it gets to mordor and the deeper into Mordor it goes.

billyboyd4ever
oo wow thos epics are creepy...when i read the book i never imagined it would get that bad...

Verity
Well that's the beauty of visuals! PJ has given Frodo's burden an eery look! I like it! eek!

Smodden
i always thought it would be something like this after i saw bilbo jump out in revendell..remember ? but this is far beter!!!

GABRIEL05
GODDAMN!! That second pic scared the shite out of me! Jeeeeezuz

ATM4eternity
I thought that on theonering.net it said that these pics were from TTT when frodo was in osgilianth but then they were cut out. Thats just what i tohught, ill hafta go check it again.

Hypernova
I liked what Sauron typed.

I was going to clarify why I used "quickly" but didn't have time.
I said "quickly succumbing to the power of the ring" with my reason's similar to what Sauron mentioned. I did realise as I was posting that Bilbo had it for ages, certainly not affect him to the extent that Smeagol was affected.

Anyway, Andy Serkis was well cast as Gollum/Smeagol stick out tongue

BTW, I know that by putting the ring on, it makes it easier for the Nazgul etc al to locate the ring bearer, but can someone explain why - if Sauron and the ring are connected - can't Sauron feel the presence of the ring which is so close to Mordor?

If people are going to blast me, can you just give me a reference page then? And I'll go and look it up? big grin

sauron
well yeah he can, but still the nazgul can also, and sauron is not liklely to just walk out of mordor to the shire is he

dark lords just cant do these things lol

p.s thanks hypernova, nice to know im appreciated

OrliNElijahsGrl
Holy fudge nugget!!!! those pictures are scary, if we get to see frodo look like that as hes being drawn into the ring more and more and starts to look something like gollum, than that is gonna be soo friggin awesome, but poor frodo, :-( but that will be wicked

sauron
yeah, poor frodo

ohg well im over it, try and take MY ring will he

Bloom4ever
oh, i cant even look at those pix again, theyre scary
but still cant wait 4 the movie
*Only 29 more days, i think*

nephalim27
That scene where Bilbo gets all freaky scares me no matter how many times I see it. I bet when Frodo gets near Mount Doom it'll be priceless. And the book does a great job or portraying his agony, but he's pretty much completely held down by the power of the ring, he didn't seem to be slipping into evil, until the very end, of course...

OrliNElijahsGrl
Ohhh wow!!!! HOW EXCITING! ahhh more excitement has taken ahold of me! i cant wait any longer! Im just two pages away from the battle of pelennor fields, im so excited!!!!

wooo bring on frodo turning evil, i feel bad for them though, i hate to see him suffer

shaber
I recall that it went greatly down hill after Frodo was bitten by Shelob. Frodo had not truned on Sam before then, nor was he amnesiatic.

howie
Woah! I never saw that one coming.....big time spoiler!! Id never thought poor Frodo would physically change into somethin creepy. I dont recall the book metioning this change,and the more i look foward to watching this movie... rock

Camellia
Terrifying photos!! But a fantastic transformation....must admit I never imagined him looking anything like THAT but still, brilliant!

OrliNElijahsGrl
OOOOOO MINAS TIRITH MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FROM THE ROTK TRAILER! MUAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAA! sorry way over hyper here, im getting the extended version of two towers today, my moms getting it for me, and im SO excited! And rotk is getting closer...and closer...and closer, 28 days!!

OoOh poor frodo, i feel so bad that hes suffering so much, i read that...one frodo is drawn too much into the ring...people in the audience will switch to sam, im guessing because frodo goes a little crazy and evil, ooooo nooo..no matter what, nothing will make me change my thoughts of frodo!! WHO IS ONCE AGAIN BEING PLAYED BY ELIJAH WOOD WHO DOES A TERRIFFIC JOB BEING FRODO! OoOh...it will be very interesting so see frodo change into something creepy, hes already getting that evil attitude in him

ooooo

Tired Hiker
Everybody settle down!!! stick out tongue I just watched the Two Towers Extended Deal yesterday and the special features show how they painted Frodo up to look like Gollum for a scene that was cut from Two Towers. The scene was supposed to be like a dream or something, not an actual representation of what Frodo will look like in Return Of The King.

johnnys#1 fan
OH GOD IS THAT REALLY FRODO SOMEONE PLEASE TELL IF HE GOES BACK TO NORMAL CUZ HE WAS HOTT sad

ilvorlandobloom
omg, those pics r f***ing SCARY! holy crap... whoa... im so excited now (even more than before if thats possible)!!

Hypernova
Guys!! Read Tired Hiker's post.

Those pics look similar to the ones cut originally for TTT. I know the teaser posters suggest this, but I think it's a TTT thing.

OrliNElijahsGrl
OoOo interesting, i didnt know that, well facinating, the internet was down so i got the two towers special edition, and i am already on the 2nd cd, I LOVE IT! I LOVE THE EXTENDED SCENES THAT WASNT IN THE ACTUAL MOVIE! HAHAH they are sooo great! Lmao, i was watching the movie with the cast commentry, and they are so halarious, they were cracking me up!! Wow i had no idea andy serkis did the voices of three orcs!!!! thats awesome!! OOO i cant wait to watch more of it, and watch the other 2 cds, im so excited! hehee! aww i love the bit with eowyn and aragorn..when she gave him this soup and he didnt like it but he told her he did and when she started to walk off, he was pouring it out, hahahahaa! that was comical! And the bit with legolas and gimli "final count, 42"-legolas "42 not bad for a pointy earred elf prince, ive got 43"-gimli (something like that) *legolas takes a arrow out and shoots the orc gimlis sitting on* "43"-legolas (oh! I JUST LOVE how he says 43) "he was already dead!"-gimli "he was twitching"-legolas "twitching, how can he with my axe embedded in his skeletal system"-gimli (something like that)

Ohhh i love the extended version, its so awesome! wooo

Hania
Look it!
http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/contestcache.asp?contest_id=425.gif"width="400" height="540"

Hania
Why won't it work!!! Please help, somebody

Hania
Nevermind. Just go here: http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/contestcache.asp?contest_id=425
Scroll down to the sculpture , it's Elijah. I thought it was cool. Ahh, the wonders of photoshop. Thanks to those who wanted to help

aniron
Hi everyone says that Frodo is whimpy, but I think he is really brave, nobody else could have taken the ring and he risked his own life, I think he's a great character.

anybody else?

Exa
I think he is a cool character, yet I do not like him too much... save in RoTK. I cannot say why, but in ROTK he was far nearer to the book, I think.

Camellia
He's not whimpy, just protrayed more that way in the film!big grin

feanorlp
I like Frodo, but I also think Sam is just as much if not more the hero of the story as Frodo is.... but it was really awesome/brave of Frodo to ever take the ring in the first place and then even try to sneak off to Mordor alone.

orlandoOYEA
Frodo is cool, but he is portrayed a tad wimpy in some of the parts of the movie. I think he is incredibly brave though. I know if i were in his shoes i would run away screaming.

fini
ohhh another Frodo thread !!!!!!!!!!.........and yes there is a thread that asks the same thing.

hmmm i think we're gonna need some thread merges in here.........yoohoooo MAh you listening?

Bloom4ever
fini, u shuld take ova as mah big grin

fini
NO mah has been here longer than i have. She got more experience.

Ariadne
Frodo's a lot cooler than he gets credit for. I mean, anyone who carried the ring for that long and into Mordor would be at least as broken as he was. And then (in the book at least) he's the hobbit who doesn't really get any credit when he gets back to the Shire even though he did the most. So he's not the coolest character or anything, but I don't think he's as wimpy as everyone thinks.

Kitoky
People has to give Frodo some credit I mean, Elijah Wood is a great actor and for someone so young to take on a huge role, that's really something.

I like Frodo and 'Lij, more so in the movies than the books.

And this chick said something about Elijah being ugly!! mad

mah
Enough with people thinking I'm a she! : blink

Kitoky
LOL! mah's a dude!? Alriiiiiight! Sup man! We need more dudes here.

mah
there are HEARTS around Lenore in my sig..I'm the guy on the sides of her, NOT herstick out tongue

Kitoky
So give da man some respect people! You're still manwe though.

Bloom4ever
frodo

sauron
if i were in frodos shoes, in the first encounter with the nazgul i would throw the ring as HARD as i could at the wraiths head, then we will see whos wimpy, i hurt a nazgul and now to take the ring to......wait confused

fini
i always thought you were a guy unntil someone a while ago reffered to you as a she.
sorry.

sauron
me, i AM a guy

it was kit who said i was a she sad

Smodden
mah's a guy? i never knew maybee it was the Grover avi. that gave it away...lol just kiding i like grover

anyway i'm a guy

i think frodo looks whimpy 'cause he's got the ring and he's burdend with it.

aniron
hey ppl this is a frodo thread not a mah's gender thread. and I love that frodo pic, oh so cute.

sauron
frodos wimpy because hes burdened with the ring

i thought people who were burdened with the gratest weapon on middle earth (at that time) were quite strong especially people who resisted its evil even unto the land and SPOT where it was made

maybe im wrong, but this time i doubt it

SilverFighter
I like Frodo and he is not wimpy at all. Elijah portrays Frodo excellent I couldn't picture any other actor doing Frodo. After all Adventure does run in his blood and he is really innocent looking.

enya
frodo doesnt were shoes confused

but i get what u were sayin and i agree

but i do prefer sam coz he is so brave and cute and he could of turned away and left frodo at any point wheras frodo didnt really have a choice

Phoenix
I definitely like him! Though i believe he was a stronger character in the books, able to defend himself a little, calling on Elbereth and Gilthoniel, whereas in the movies he just got stabbed and was saved a lot!

Kitoky
Elbereth Githoniel is one person Phoenix, and he did call out for Elbereth when he first pulls out the phial of Galadriel in RotK. smile

Phoenix
Sorry, i haven't read th books for two years! I just remeber him saying "O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!"

Kitoky
I believe he calls out for Luthien too...hmm....not sure..

sauron
yeah i know what you mean

book frodo: yeah im small and rather pathetic but i can still fight, and i even stupidy challenge 5 ringwraiths big grin YEAH! go me!

movie frodo: omg i feel sick...thanks for saving me glorfind....wait a minute......arwen *about 10 minutes before all that* "gandalf said never put on the ring, well theres some nazgul infront of me lets wear it big grin argh stab

aragorn: save save save

movie frodo is kinda feeble

Kitoky
LOL true, but Elijah Wood was excellent.

ilvorlandobloom
i love Frodo, hes so cute

cermiestar
i read somewhere that frodo falls over an average of like 1 every 1 and a half minute in FOTR....that's wimpy

Kitoky
Can't we respect dear Mr. Frodo? sad

cermiestar
i respect him! i just think he needs a better sense of balance stick out tongue

Kitoky
You have to admit though...he's confused...weary....and I can understand if he's kinda unstable...

cermiestar
yeah i guess he has some issues....big powerful ring that could destroy everything hanging roundhis neck....isn't it sad when he has to leave at the end? very symbolic of the wars...

frodo_lover
I think that no one is alone liking Frodo... He is sooooo wonderful, he risk his life to save the world and everyone else.

And Elijah Wood is a great actor!!! (And so cute ) embarrasment
He's eyes is so wonderful! I just love the last sean when Frodo is leaving Shire, all you see is his cute face, hihi.

enya
i agree he is so sweet and a great actor but again i do like sam more, but sam cries more than frodo

by the way the facualty iz on saturday, goin to tape it!

Kitoky
Ah.....Big blue eyes...so mesmerizing..

http://www.perian-sith.net/images/frodolorien2.jpg

I have some captions for these.....

http://www.perian-sith.net/images/0,1050,50831,FF.jpg

Elijah: Hello America! Today I would like to announce that I AM taller then someone!

http://www.perian-sith.net/images/ringspre2.jpg

Elijah: Did that chick just lift up her shirt?!?

http://www.perian-sith.net/images/ewsigning.jpg

Elijah: Shit....

http://www.perian-sith.net/images/angry.jpg

Elijah: He looks like he's been playing with my Ring....he HAS been saying 'precious' alot lately.....

http://www.perian-sith.net/images/54c057e0.jpg

Elijah: Yes, hello! Police Department, well you see, I've been walking down this street of mines here and a group of swarming girls just ran up and started calling me Elijah Wood. HELP!?!?"

http://www.perian-sith.net/images/14g21.jpg

"And then came Justin Timberlake...."

Lyn
Although at times I found Frodo a little weak, overall I loved his character and Elijah Wood's portrayal. I also believe Sam does not get enough credit for his help. Frodo had an amazingly difficult task. He is brave and courageous in the respect that he volunteered to carry the Ring. Sam helped to keep him on track, helped to keep him alive.

I love those pictures you posted Kitoky...especially the captioned ones. thumb up laughing
I like him in the 4th captioned one you posted.

Phoenix
I have no problems with book frodo or movie frodo, but they are INSANELY different. movie frodo is cuter and more fanciable, and does a very good getting stabbed face! book frodo is more resourceful, less fanciable and is actually good at doing the stabbing!

Discos
I garantee you Frodod felt a bit of grief after the ring was destroyed, doubt Sam thought less of his due to the ring but if I didnt destroy the ring I bet I would feel a bit of a cock infort of my friends for being weak.

pfft, I didnt really much like Frodo in the film. He did seem too weak and too bitchy

Phoenix
Why do you say bitchy?

Discos
well it was a bit bitchy when he argued with Sam about Gollums intent, and also the fact that he gave Sam the goodby at the "stairs" near Minus Morgul after all they went threw, If that was any of us I think we would of noticed that sam did not eat the bread - it could of been the persuassion of the ring which judged his mind.

angelsflame265
well also frodo judgment was foged by the ring and then heres Smegol who seems to be doing nothing wrong (to him any way) and with proof (more or less) bty anybody no of any good frodo or elijah wood websites? smile

cermiestar
yeah......you have to remember that his judgement is clouded by the ring........

aniron
love the captions Kit, forth one is hilarious.

hobbit_lover
OMG! I love Frodo mys my 2nd favourite character!!! his eyes are soo beautiful *yummers*

Kitoky
Sam's my fav hobbit though, Frodo's my third favorite.

I'm sorry Aurora but I have to say that Merry's my 4th favorite. sad Don't kill me, BUT I'm still a fan of Dom!

Sam: Wake up! Don't leave me here alone! Don't go where I can't follow! Wake up!

*sniff*

Hania
That part made me cry!
Oh, umm, elijah-wood.com is good,
but it's part in german, I think you can click a button to make it in english though

Phoenix
Pip's my fave hobbit!

cermiestar
he's so adorable!

Phoenix
cermie! you're here! Are you bad, sneaking on at school, like me!

cermiestar
sadly no....stick out tongue i have exams so only have to go in occasionally

Kitoky
Hmmm here's 'Lij and Dom

http://gallery.ejwsites.net:443/images/Donated/Lj_1055593927.jpg

I'll tell you this now...I hate the hair....

http://www.elijahfan.com/gallery/caps/homicide/homicide-001.jpg

When he was just a weee child!

http://www.elijahfan.com/gallery/caps/foreveryourgirl/foreveryourgirl-001.jpg

*rolls of floow laughing*

http://www.elijahfan.com/gallery/interviews/accesshollywood/accesshollywood006.jpg

HE'S READING!

http://www.elijahfan.com/gallery/interviews/book/book-017.jpg

Phoenix
Kitoky - we should have a thread for PIccies and Captions - its fun!

cermiestar
frodo got arrested!!???

and....he can read?

Kitoky
I know isn't that amazing?!

sauron
lol pic tow is rotk alternative ending big grin orcs catch up to frodo and sam

Kitoky
What do you mean? *is really slow today*

aniron
why was he arrested, he's so innocent looking, but he looks well evil in the pic like "ye I'd do it again damn it!"

Kitoky
Okie all of a sudden that sudden quote from big O struck me....

"Cast in the name of God, Ye not Guilty..."

aniron
eh?

Kitoky
I don't know, it just struck me!

It's from an anime called Big O

aniron
hee hee but why was lij arrested?

Kitoky
It's from a movie called Homocide *shrugs*

aniron
*phew* and theres me thinking he was naughty, oh well, moochy moochy.

aniron
"hey I'm not a dudette" sad

Kitoky
Awww I sowwy, I go change it right now!

aniron
yey big grin

aniron
well time for me to hit the hay.

Kitoky
L8er dudettes!

.:Sexi_Blonde:.
No, you are not the only one who likes Frodo.
I too think that he risked hislife going to Mordor, but maybe he just didn't wnat anyone else to have the ring, so he bore the burden.
In the movies Frodo does look 'wimpy' to the normal, stupid observer. They don't care to understand emotions or motivations.
Frodo is a great charater, but I do think that in the movies Peter Jackson did portrait him as being weak, & help less.

*Bye*

Elijah Wood is hotNo, you are not the only one who likes Frodo.

.:Sexi_Blonde:.
No, you are not the only one who likes Frodo.
I too think that he risked hislife going to Mordor, but maybe he just didn't wnat anyone else to have the ring, so he bore the burden.
In the movies Frodo does look 'wimpy' to the normal, stupid observer. They don't care to understand emotions or motivations.
Frodo is a great charater, but I do think that in the movies Peter Jackson did portrait him as being weak, & help less.

*Bye*

Elijah Wood is hot

Kitoky
Erm....Hi babe!

big gay kirk
Lets be honest here... Frodo's not a wimp, but neither is he a likeable character.... even at the start of the book he has his eye on Bilbo's funny magic ring... as soon as he gains possession he is ensnared. he is, as Gandalf would say, toying with the idea of throwing the ring away, as all its "owners" do, without seriously wishing to. He goes on the quest, not because he wants the ring destroyed, but because he is trying to save it for himself. The ring stays with him all the way because it recognises that Frodo is heading for Mordor. Look how arrogant and Lordly Frodo becomes, having to master himself all the time to seem like a good guy... off all the ringbearers he is affected most by its loss. Again and again the point is made, Frodo IS NOT BILBO! Bilbo gave up the ring of his own free will, as does Sam after his brief sojourn as Ringbearer. Frodo does not, and that is what is important. If not for Gollum, all would have been lost.

Melani
Hey ppl I have seen some frodo threads but they kinda just die away sad so i wanna make a thread....FOR FORDO, cause we all luv him a little wink lets see if we can keep this tread goin big grin

Kitoky
http://membres.lycos.fr/woodelijah/photos/elijah-4.jpg

Iirima
FRODO!!!

Melani
hehe awsome Kit

Lady Ellie
Frodo rocks! What can we actually say about him to keep this tread goin?

orlandoOYEA
Love his eyes!!!

Kitoky
He's BAAAAAAAAALD!

orlandoOYEA
http://www.bagendinn.com/Elijah/images/posed/viggolijpic.jpg

orlandoOYEA
Another...

http://www.bagendinn.com/Elijah/images/posed/viggo-teanau2.jpg

Lady Ellie
AAAW, isn't that cute...... roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Iirima
It should!! Elijah's a really good actor.

Melani
hahaha awsome

Iirima
I'm going to go hunt down some pics...

Melani
rock on elijah!!!! big grin

Firithlotwen
hes soooooooooooo cute..........

hes in my LOTR huge poster, holding the ring......... so every nite he watches me!! big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>