Fairmir life in forfit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007

Kitoky
Faramir's charge said, "If you let them go now your life will be forfeit."

I think...since his father Denethor is so prestigious about the one Ring, is that if he found out that Faramir let the Ring go from their grasp, he would have alot in for him.

sauron
when your life is in forfeit it means you will be alowwed to live for a while..but basically your on death row lol big grin

Kitoky
Yep, basically....Denethor was not happy.

Firithlotwen
its me or in the book it was different? in the book faramir knew they had a valuable war object, but he never says anything about the one ring...... wait, i'll look this up

sauron
he never knew they had 'the ring'....i dont think...long time without reading rotk

Firithlotwen
well maybe he didnt call it for its name, but i guess he knew.......

Exa
Faramir: "I wouldn't
take the Ring if it were lying on the side of the road.."

I think his most famous quote from the book

Firithlotwen
in TTT or ROTK?

which chapter??

we were talking about when faramir meets frodo and sam, and founds gollum in the forbidden pool...

4th book i think it is

Leggy_n_Merry
yeah didnt they say they changed him in the movie because they put shelobs lair and all that in rotk instead and frodo and sam had to like go somewhere - i cant really explain but they say it on TTT EE smile

Exa

Firithlotwen
so im reading that part again (when faramir meets frodo and sam) and i cant find that yet.......

anyway i just read (i didnt remember this) that faramir tells the hobbit that he would have been chosen by denethor and the elders to go to the council, but boromir wanted to go... so he said he was the older and didnt listen to the others.........

so what if faramir was the one to represent minas tirith in the council instead of boromir? it would be a whole different story.......

eureka!!
exactly after that, faramir says he wouldnt take "that Thing" even if its by the road or sth........ he doesnt say "the Ring", although it rhymes, hehehe

Exa
Thats an interesting idea
Would have been quite different indeed... I wonder what he would have said at the council - would he have ignored the wish of his father ("The Ring MUST go to Gondor"wink?

Firithlotwen
its clear that faramir and boromir are sooo different..... but faramir always wanted his father to like him......... so its difficult to say that he wouldnt mention that in the council.........

have you read my edited post? i founded it big grin it was right after that hehe

Exa
Yeah I just read it... really, he says "thing"? lol. But that states at least that he knew what he was talking about

Firithlotwen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.