The official Liv/Arwen Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
post pics, talk about and gaze in wonder at the elven goddess... big grin

Iirima
Ooh, ooh, I HATE you! I was going to make this thread, but noooo, you just HAD to do it before me! big grin

Actually, I'm glad you did it.

Smodden
heehee*evil snickering*

ever notice how liv has this glow around her that makes her look heavenly?

Iirima
I know! I wish i was her, well, sorta...

Smodden
if you were her than that would mean...i'm talkin' to liv now!!!!

liv i'm ur bigest fan!!! i love u!! Wana be my friend? You can come to my house and we can party and drink ale, and than we can go to the beach! and go Swimming(wait its feb.)we can go Skiing!!!! Do u like skiing, i've never been skiing but i'll go with u liv!!!! I love u!!!

*reality sets in* oh ur not liv, got caried away *goes and hides in closet*

Iirima
laughing

Kitoky
Liv doesn't really have a glow....

The lighting that they did for the movie makes Arwen glow, the saturation, the hues and all...

Bloom4ever
ooh, this is good an official thread for every character smile

kalantiaw
my favorite arwen moment was when she was talking to frodo after he was stabbed by the black rider...

her face was so heavenly and overwhelming love i teared up... seriously... then her ears are totally hot eek! , and her elvish is sooooooooooooooooo sexy love

i tink i'm obssessed confused

Bloom4ever
this is my favourite pic of her

Kitoky
gee ya think? laughing

Iirima
No way!!!!!

kalantiaw
WHAT!?!? just because i think she's lovely love and purty love doesn't mean i'm obssessed right... RIGHT??? confused

Kitoky
No you just like her, obsession is just when you hyperventilate whenever she's mentioned.

Iirima
Uh...confused uhhmmm...maybe? wink

kalantiaw
"hyperventilate"... brilliant... HA HA HA .... ha ...............ha confused

Iirima
Dangit, forgot to put this up first! I've had this for a loooooong time...well...more like 2 weeks, but oh well, it was the first on my computer...

kalantiaw
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh eek!

Bloom4ever
nice big grin

i hav loads of her but only as arwen

Iirima
Yeah, I like that picture. I might make it my wallpaper...ya never know...

Okay, everyone's seen this, but oh well.

kalantiaw
if you want him, COME AND CLAIM HIM!!! beeyotches!!!

Iirima
I love it when she says that...but at first I thought you were talking about something else. *cough*Orli*cough*

kalantiaw
yeah, i just thought it would be cool if she busted out a "beeyotches" right after her challenge big grin

i never talk about orli, just legolas...

Iirima
You just made my heart beat a little faster, I got a little bit more obsessed today, but don't worry, it should be gone tomorrow. smile

kalantiaw
i do that now and then... or are you tlaking about orli confused

Iirima
It's Orli. wink I'm a straaange girl. Yes, but I'm really certain that it'll be gone by tomorrow.

kalantiaw
oooooooooooooooooooohhhhh eek! grrrrr baby, very grrrrrrrr!!!

Kitoky
"From the ashes of fire shall be woken;
A light from the shadow shall spring.
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken;
A crownless again shall be king."

Iirima
Yes, there was more to it, but I cut it off, do you want the whole thing?

kalantiaw
i want HER eek! but yeah, i guess i'll settle for the pic...

Iirima
*sigh* Okay, here goes...

Iirima
*gasp* WHY IS THAT SO SMALL???! Here lemme try again...

kalantiaw
can you say wallpaperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrr eek!

Iirima
yes *grins*

kalantiaw
i love her face... well, all of her actually shifty

Iirima
Man, I have a whole bunch of these! Take em, make wallpapers out of em...

Iirima
Forgot to put this in...

Kitoky
Great pic Iirima, Arwen's so beautiful love

samIam
I liked her alot as an Arwen... she has an etherial (sp) beauty ...I think it is the pale skin with the dark hair ... they just make her stand out . hence the "glow"; thing

I also liked her alot in the movie" that thing u do"!!!

Smodden
*looks at pic*

*hyperventilates*

Iirima
I don't hyperventilate...but I idolize her.

aniron
Liv/arwen is (or should

aniron
I say are) my idol/s (sorry got cut off)
I have died my hair dark and everyone says I look like her, phff I wish.

Iirima
I look somewhat like her, SOMEWHAT.

aniron
she rocks, I have these hair curling thing and style my hair elvishly.

Iirima
laughing

GRR. I was going to put up a good Liv pic, but noooo, EVIL COMPUTER! mad

Arwene
love this pic

Smodden
are you serious??!!??!!!

omg thats awesome.

Iirima
I'll put up a pic of myself in Tig Party sometime. I scanned it in, just can't find it. mad GRR.

orlandoOYEA
Liv is gorgeous, radiant, beautiful, anda total sweetheart by what i have heard from people. She is a great role model!! She is awesomous!

Smodden
ooohhh post now plzplzbig grinbig grin just post it here ... look harder!

Iirima
Umm...need the other computer. Lemme switch...

Smodden
*anticipation builds...*

Iirima
Okay, I'm on the other comp. Now I must find the pics. I don't look a LOT like her, maybe a small little tiny bit tho. Not half as pretty as her!

Smodden
hmmmm....smile

Iirima
GRR. Bmp file. EVIL!

Pipage558
I hate those kind of files... don't you Iirima? lol

Iirima
Why can't they upload? *pouts* Do u know how to change it?

Kitoky
http://mikescelebs.inkiboo.com/livtyler/005.jpg

The thing I am disappointed in is that Liv's played in a sex movie....

I've seen pictures, but I'm sure I'm not allowed to post them here.

Iirima
Umm...good idea, Kit...I've seen stuff like that on the INternet, I'm like, "AAH! NOO! I'm only 13, I'm supposed to be innocent! My eyes are BURNING!" But other than that, I idolize her, I love how she acts. big grin

Kitoky
Other then that Liv's pretty and innocent...well not innocent but...just like her dad.......well..maybe I shouldn't say that either....

http://www.screensaverfrance.com/persons3/persons4/liv.jpg

Iirima
Yeah, I've done some reasearch, and the really sad thing is, that's probably what happened to me. sad *cries*

Kitoky
http://ebts.dk/profiler/livtyler/Liv_Tyler_10906a.jpg

Smodden
great pic kit where's that last one from?

did anybody see liv at the grammys last night? she was sittin with her daddy...big grin

Kitoky
I don't really watch anything that isn't major to LotR in general.

Smodden
yeah i hardly ever watch tv except movies, and a couple fav shows...(alias and spongebob)

Kitoky
http://www.jasminewatson.com/lotr/twoTowers/images/TT.arwen.1.jpg

Her Elven brooch is a beautiful silver butterfly. smile

LegolasLover411
Sorry, but she's a sex symbol.

Kitoky
Liv's a cool person, I wouldn't necessarily call her a sex symbol, but she had a big major film boost when she played in her 'sex' movie.

shadowy_blue
I don't really get what's the relation of Liv being a "sex symbol" and her portrayal of Arwen in the movies. Are you disgusted by her because she's a sex symbol? Is that the first thing that comes to your mind whenever you see her whether as Arwen or just Liv herself? Does that change Arwen's or Liv's character? Why exactly are you saying sorry? I'll understand if you don't like Liv's looks or charisma or Arwen as a character, but saying that it's because of being a sex symbol is shallow and too condemnatory.

But while we're at it, Orlando Bloom is considered as sex symbol too by now, to think that most women are drooling and lusting over him. And so is Viggo Mortensen and the other actors in LOTR. Does it also change your view of them? Do you even think of Orlando or Viggo being sex symbols whenever you see Legolas and Aragorn in the movies?

Just to clarify this, you don't have to make sexy movies to be a sex symbol, so don't give me that argument if ever.

Kitoky
Posting pic.......

Kitoky
http://www.elvishcostume.org/images/arwen_greycloak.jpg

Has someoen already posted this?

Iirima
I don't think so...it's a nice pic, Kit...yes

Kitoky
http://www.elvishcostume.org/images/lotr901.jpg

Kitoky
http://www.elvishcostume.org/images/lotr414.jpg

PJ and Arwen

Kitoky
http://www.elvishcostume.org/images/lotr403.jpg

Her majesty

Iirima
Where do you get these? *is amazed*

Kitoky
Google smile

Iirima
Ahh...Google is wonderful. big grin

Kitoky
Yes very

Iirima
Have I done this one before?

Off Topic: Err...it's President's Day, right? I still have school. *mopes*

Kitoky
You still have school? We get off...

Nice pic!

Iirima
Yeah, I'm doing math right now...at first I was like, It's 9:30, what's he doing??! but them I realized. Whoops, off topic, again... *hits self*

Iirima
To make up for my last off topic post. wink I don't know why this scares me...

aniron
heres a hint to you Liv fans about my kmc awards, I'm about to announce the winners, but if you want Liv to win vote NOW AND I MEAN NOW IF YOU WANT HER TO.
thanx.

aniron
HeyIrima thanx for mentioning me in ya sig ha ha ha.

Kitoky
Can you STOP advertising?!?

aniron
sorry, but hey awards are special, it aint hurting anyone.

aniron
ha ha ha plus advertising is fun ha ha ha vote now.

Kitoky
It's annoying us.

If people want to vote, they can. But don't bother people on voting.

aniron
jebus, calm down, whats this "us" thing too, flipping heck, u aint voted so u cant critisize, you r the only complaint, and so wot it's annoying I'm only letting ppl know about it.
why do I bother organizing these things.

Kitoky
I'm the only one complaining? You wanna bet?

aniron
yep, and if any one else is, I don't really give a stuff. rock

Smodden
argghhh! since this is MY thread lets try to stay on topic....meaning the elven goddess....

Arwen's hot and sexy and everything.....big grin

shadowy_blue
I like the movie-Arwen and Liv, I try to forget book-Arwen. smile

kalantiaw
is it just me or she looks way hotter in elven ears? love

shadowy_blue
Dude, anybody knows the story behind this picture?

Liv always gets the hunks..sad I'm both amused and jealous. laughing

Now, if only that's Miranda...love

Kitoky
*sighs*

Ah well we love you too shadowy, you're pretty afterall laughing love wink

shadowy_blue
LOL...laughing love

It's just kinda funny and amusing..Miranda and David who are playing Eowyn and Faramir, the lovely canon couple in LOTR gets nothing but a close pic together with David around Miranda's waist while Liv and David who even got no screentime together had a kiss. sad

*sigh* sad I'll just wait for the EE for the good 'ole romantic Eowyn/Faramir kisses. love big grin

shadowy_blue
Anyway, this is my favorite Arwen scene of all the three movies. big grin She just looks so ethereal and magical and she looks so unique here compared to her other Arwen shots. big grin

undomiel
http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/cast/Liv_v_pretty.jpg

undomiel
i love this onehttp://www.arwen-undomiel.com/images/Arwen_RotK_14.jpg

Smodden
does anyone have a pic of liv at the oscars.......she was gorgeous with those black glasses

*dies*

shadowy_blue
hehehehehehehe! stick out tongue big grin

Kitoky
the elf kissing the 'obbit at the Oscars! W00T W00T!

Smodden
s=b ur amazing......that pic is great...! big grin

*Georgina_A*
I love this pic. i used to have it as my msn messenger pic all the time. smile

rianna_d
LOL, that pic with liv and David Wenham kissing is so funny, they all kiss everythime they see each other, look at this

stick out tongue

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/v29/argael/oscar1.jpg

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/v29/argael/oscar2.jpg
laughing laughing

Oh and this one:

It looks like Viggs likes to kiss that way. embarrasment and Liv is following his example in the kiss with PJ

Kitoky
Children, can we say, "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Smodden
that 3-way kiss pic is disturbing and pleasing at the same time....big grin

i'm not weird like that though.....

*Georgina_A*
lol! nice to know...
i got another pic, i like this one a lot too

shadowy_blue
This is my favorite Arwen pic of all time. smile Not only is she very beautiful in this one, but this pic made me realize that she really IS Arwen. In this pic did I realize that she "really" is an Elf. Not that I'm saying that she didn't look like an Elf before, but this pic just really proved it. She looks very Elvish and she IS an Elf. big grin

Kitoky
Prissy elves.........laughing

Kitoky
Here ye Here ye

Kitoky
"Tell me what you have seen!"

"Arwen..."

"You have the gift of foresight. What did you see?"

"I looked into your future and saw death."

"But there is also life. You saw there was a child! You saw my son!"

Smodden
um i don't understand why elrond showed arwen her son...was it just to make her feel bad about leaving?...was it even elrond who showed her?...i didn't understand that part...what do you say?...

do you think i'll ever meet liv tyler?...if i did i would hug her.>>big grinand maybee just maybee if i'm fellin lucky give her a kiss...*chuckles*

then i would go home and watch movies and feed each other popcorn...and then we'd go swiming because its so hot and then we'd lie in the grass and dry off while eating peanut butter sandwiches...and pickles...smile...after that we'd go bowling and i'd let her win...and she'd be all:"oh i'm such a good bowler" and i'd be so:"i know you are...!"
then i'd go by the river and just watch the moon rise above her siloueted head...
then we'd go to her dadys concertHappy Dance

Kitoky
Why not go to her husband's concert? wink

Smodden
she has a husbandconfused

"you lie!"...don't you?...

NOO ''whoa'' is me!
^
lordy

kit you best be lyin'...sad

tassie
euch.... too romanteec sick......

stick out tonguestick out tongue

Kitoky
Yep married, Royston Langdon

Married ever since March of 2003...

Smodden
miffed

why has nobody told me ALL this time?....

sad

oh well i can stil dream...

shadowy_blue
LOL..you should have known since you are a fan. stick out tongue

j/k wink

shadowy_blue
I don't think Elrond was the one who showed it to her. First, it will be ridiculous of him if he did. I think it was Arwen's own foresight. Since she's an Elf, the filmmakers could do all they want with her character in terms of internal and spiritual power. Being very ethereal and could summon the River, I don't think it would be too far-fetched if they also made her capable of having foresight.

Smodden
yeah but at rivendell she said to elrond:"You saw my son..."or something like that...so elrond saw it too...or he 'sent' it to her or what?...

Smodden
*pouts in corner*

Fëanor
Yah know, if I remember correctly and I like to think I do, was it not Gandalf who summoned the river in the book? In the movie for dramatic and creative license yes she did summon the river...heck she wasn't even in that scene in the book...

As a matter of fact, I don't really remember too much of her in the book...btw, just my opp peeples... embarrasment hehe

so forgive me if I'm wrong...if you don't, then to Aitch eee ell ell with you...j/k stick out tongue

Smodden
i think it was either glorfindell or elrond...can't remember?...gandalf?...i don't recall...

Fëanor
I don't Glorfindel did it, he gave Frodo his horse of that I'm sure, but there was nothing special about him unless he's the same Glorfindel of the first age...

Elrond maybe, he is lord and keeper of Rivendell...But I still think it was Gandalf don't know why...

Ravsta
Umm, i believe it was Elrond (but not 100% sure)

Kitoky
Elrond created the waves and Gandalf formed the horses.

shadowy_blue
Yeah, I know that. But I was talking about the way they portrayed her in the movies. wink

Kit is right. smile

shadowy_blue
She just assumed that he saw it too since she knows that Elrond himself has the gift of foresight. She saw it herself so it wouldn't be too ridiculous to assume if Elrond saw it as well. big grin

Smodden
oh...

shadowy_blue
bump! stick out tongue

Anybody knows whether or not Liv's gonna have a new movie or anything?

Anywho, this is my favorite Liv pic. smile Apologies if someone posted this already, but she looks adorable and cute in this one. big grin

shadowy_blue
This was Arwen's original attire when she had her first spiritual apparition to Frodo at the Ford. Watch that particular scene again, just after Frodo had his first glance of her, put it on a pause, when there's light shining you can see that she is wearing this dress (when she is riding the horse and jumps off) and not the one when the light disappears and we can see Arwen very clear.

http://www.meduseld.btinternet.co.uk/arwen18.jpg

I've posted the final version down below, without the cloak and crownpiece - if you compare the two, the final one has a lower neckline and more jewelwork on it. I think it's a better one though, the original version was kinda too "standing out" and provocative. Too elegant to actually wear on a rescue mission. stick out tongue

http://www.warofthering.net/photos/fotrarwen/images/fotr_lg15.jpg

shadowy_blue
Pretty! big grin

shadowy_blue
She's so sad..sad but still a great pic. smile

shadowy_blue
I want hair like that, I want ears like that, I want dress like that, dammit..I want to be just like Arwen...sad (or Eowyn for that matter) sad Sucks to be a mere human on this Earth..sad

sauron
when i watched all the lotrs together yesterday back to back
i watched the whole thing in one...and the whole story just continued after it..like one whole movie not three

and i have to say that my favourite layer of the story is the aragorn arwen eowyn sort of love triangle....

aragorn feeling torn he really loves arwen...so he wishes for her to go to valinor, knowing he would then be alone.....so in ttt he thinks thats where she is going, so something kind of 'develops' as he doesnt outright tell eowyn no or to stop her advances.....but he also knows that if she goes to valinor then she would always think of him...and be heartbroken which he doesnt want, and knowing she still loves him makes it harder for him in the eowyn situation

arwen is just...between a rock and a hard place poor gal, what do you do leave the one you love for an everlasting life, or stay with them, to watch them die.....
elrond should have let her stay...she would have died in valinor eventaully when the dagor dagorath comes bout...and elrond being hugo being agent smith should have known better than to not take his own advice 'why prolong the inevitable'

eowyn is i dont think in love with aragorn...she thinks she is, but its what he has achieved she loves...the battles the glory etc etc, although im sure if things had carried on as in ttt then love would have developed

sorry im rambling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.