which movie is your favorite and why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
mine is esb coz of the ending

i like also rotj a lot coz of the action the 3 simultanious action scenes (endor battle, death star battle, sith vs jedi battle)

ToMacco
Empire is my favorite, but I think Star Wars is the best.

yerssot
ESB, cool, dark, nicely done

Ushgarak
This has actually done before, and it always gave a distorted result.

Because ANH got just about everyone's secoind place, but very few first place votes. In a points based system ANH would come second every time, but it never gets a fair deal on favourites.

Mine is ESB...

Gundark
ESB certainly is the overwhelming favorite.

yerssot
Ush is right! ANH is on my second place! And you can bet that it get's almost no votes!

King Jedi
ESB.

finti
ESB, cause it is so cool and dark. Love the Hoth part

Gundark
The part where Vader comes stalking into the hangar bay just as the Falcon takes off.....boy he must have been PISSED !!!!

ToMacco
Who the hell voted for Phantom Menace? confused confused sad

Captain REX
I sure didn't. I voted for ANH. The movie that started it all and it has that feeling that you get when you're watching a good, old movie. I liked the little detailed models. ESB and ROTJ fight for my second.

ToMacco
It was probably George Lucas and his three kids.

queeq
ESb by far.

King Jedi
People who like that movie the best.

Ushgarak
Good point that man...

I would far rather TPM got votes than ROTJ.

King Jedi
But someone please vote for ROTJ so it doesn't look so lonely with no votes. sad

Julie
ROTJ actually is my fav but only at the moment...you see with Star Wars it's hard to choose, but I think ROTJ was the first SW movie I saw....making it my fav.

I expect AOTC will soon replace it, but I love all Star Wars movies.

justinday15
ROTJ is best, I think.

justinday15
I like ROTJ best because of the fight scene with Boba.

GordonSkywalker
RETURN OF THE JEDI was also the first Star Wars film I saw as a kid. So it remains my favorite to this day, and that is including the since-released ATTACK OF THE CLONES, which would be my second best. All the films are pretty cool, though the nature of the poll makes us choose.

Corran
ESB was the best, Vader was cool his evil presence adn Darkness were very good. "You have failed me for the last time, Admiral. " and just kills him, a complete disregard for life showing how deeply into the Dark side he truly is.

justinday15
I think i like AOTC a little better then ROTJ because its got alot of action
and Natalie Portman is so hot. yes

GordonSkywalker
Yes I certainly agree with that! big grin

finti
TPM is the worst because of Jake Lloyd, he sucked

GordonSkywalker
And you don't think Jar Jar beat him to it?

finti
No jar jar was annoying but not compared to Lloyd

sentinelrv
Most people like The Empire Strikes Back but do this. Go into Yahoo.com, go into movies, go into box office, go into all time box office. You'll see that The Empire Strikes Back got the lowest amount of money out of any Star Wars film. Wonder why.

finti
1980 wasnt a good year for movies period, VHS hip and it grew rapidly and people waited out until the movies were released onto the VHS. Well ESB wasnt so they waited in vain, by the time of ROTJ people wanted to know because of the ESB cliffhanger

cookies2006
I voted ROTJ. It ended the entire thing with somthin special.

GordonSkywalker
True and I do like it a bit more than the rest because of that. How many people here think The Phantom Menace was too juvenile? I do except for the infamous lightsaber duel at the end.

Rave
The Empire Strikes Back because Vader kicks butt.

mechmoggy
ESB every time, it dark and haunting in places. Truly class film.

Second place goes to ANH, then AOTC, then ROTJ and finally TPM last.

Dexx
TPM. Simply because of Maul and qui gon jinn. (as characters)
And that fight at the end makes the whole movie. Now..that's what i wanna see in a sw

Ushgarak
We really should re-start this poll with AOTC in.

Mind you, nothing will remove the unfairness on ANH... we need a scoring system rather than a straight vote.

Dexx
yeah...i think aotc might be the worst so far.

mechmoggy
TPM is the worst for me, its only saving grace is the Maul fight at the end and then he died too easy, nearly as bad as Jango. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GordonSkywalker
I don't think the new films(so far) are as good as the earlier ones. And that is after they showed A New Hope on tv last week. Unless 3 does really really well I do not see the current trilogy being remembered in twenty years' time like the originals are.

yerssot
ESB, good story and "dark"

GordonSkywalker
I first saw ESB when it was on HBO years ago. I was home from school that day!

justinday15
The only part of the ESB that i dont like is when they're on Hoth. Other then that the ESB is great!

GordonSkywalker
Things don't get interesting until after Hoth anyway.

justinday15
The best part of ESP is Luke vs. Vader.

GordonSkywalker
A definite dramatic confrontation. Remember at that time nobody(except Lucas) knew he was his son. All we(and Luke) knew was Vader had murdered Luke's father. So this dramatic climax was(and still is) very effective.

yerssot
James Earl Jones knew it (cause he had to say his lines)

GordonSkywalker
Yes that was the exception. I heard the actual lines were changed during rehearsal and nobody really knew which lines would actually be used for that scene.

yerssot
"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father."
-"He told me enough, he told me you killed him!"
"No, Obi-Wan is your father."
-"That's not true! That's impossible!"
etc.
that was used on the set

mechmoggy
"No a Mr. Mech Moggy is your father"

"Thats not true, thats impossible.......because he's far too cool to be the father of a wuss like me" cool

GordonSkywalker
Return of the Jedi is my all-time favorite Star Wars film. I do like the already mentioned duel in The Phantom Menace, but do not like most of the rest.

yerssot
why ROTJ exactly?

GordonSkywalker
I was a child when I went to see it in the theaters with my parents and sister. It had a great impact on me and is the primary reason I got into Star Wars to begin with. I can still remember Yoda's death scene and the confrontation with Palpatine. Fantastic stuff.

yerssot
so, you're not talking story wise?

GordonSkywalker
Of course I am talking story-wise. The story fascinates me and is far more interesting than A New Hope or even Empire Strikes Back.

yerssot
a new death star and little teddybears winning from the best legions of the empire?
not to mention that if they were ontime they would have blown the shield up hours before the attack

GordonSkywalker
Don't care for Ewoks. Like the rest of the film though.

yerssot
kay, it's star wars afterall smile

GordonSkywalker
I like it more than A New Hope because the magic of seeing it on a big screen as a child has always stayed with me. An awesome experience. smile cool

yerssot
if only I remember how it was like when I first saw ANH

GordonSkywalker
I have an exceptional memory yerssot.

yerssot
and I have none at all big grin

GordonSkywalker
Not to worry I will impart the secret art of memory recollection to you my friend.

yerssot
happy trying stick out tongue

cookies2006
i need more memory too.

GordonSkywalker
Lessons will begin at once gentlemen.

rogue_jedi
the empire strikes back. why? i like when han solo is running from echo base and the falcon is falling apart around him..."its not my fault!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.