thread closed??? explanation???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bar-en-Danwedh
re - thread:"character playing game"

why was that closed... i couldn't see any violations of the "general rules" post! Said something about it being an RPG. it wasn't really serious so how could it be an offence?

i don't mean to take it personallly but i don't like threads being cut off so soon after i have posted on it. could i have an explanations please...
????? confused confused confused

sauron
it should have been in the PRG forum.....but as long as it was lotr related i think it was alright here

but this is like the potc thing....so im not getting involved incase i argue with yerssot again

Bar-en-Danwedh
potc?

sauron
pirates of the carribean

they all wrote 'fan fics' whoch were actually just what they though would happen in the second film
they got moved and everyone started arguin with the mods sayin as long as it was potc related and they were having fun then so what....but then it got nasty and people threatened to leave and i think one actually did......then i entered the area and argud with yerssot....then the thread got closed

Ushgarak
These forums are for movie and book discussions- RPs take place elsewhere. The general rules specify:

"If you want to start a role-playing game, please go to one of the role-playing areas and read the rules about doing so there."

Kitoky
*cough* Smodden, I won't say I told you so.

sauron
i know you wont stick out tongue laughing out loud because you didn't tell him so big grinbig grin

Kitoky
Yes I did....

sauron
when?? not in here...and not in the character playing game....

Kitoky
In the Mod voting thread.

Exa
Wasnt something like that in the tigparty?

sauron
yeah lol but did you ojnly tell him in there so raz would see your mod-yness shining through?? stick out tonguestick out tonguewink

Exa
LOL Modyness... great word big grin big grin

Kitoky
Actually no....LegolasIsMyMan was sayin' that if Aurora was the mod she'd let Smodden keep that thread here in LotR forum.

sauron
lol oh...wel i believe you then big grinbig grinbig grin

Smodden
sory for caps:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUST FOUND OUT MY GAME IS COLOSED!!!!!!

this is not fair!!!!! It was up for WEEKS and nobody said anything!!!!!
I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!!! I was aragorn than a ring wraith, i was gonna kill everybody and now I WILL KILL everybody!!!!!!!

why counldn't aurora be the mod?????

and kit....why are u always wright????? this is not fair....

it wasn't even a Rpg it was a Cpg, i know that's stretching the truth a little bit but that's why it was called a cpg!!!

Aurora
umm LIMM said i wouldn't move it not me............ sorry smodden... but Kit was right, no matter who was the mod if we didn't move it or close it Ush or Raz would have.... it is in the forum rules..... i am sorry tho that is was closed!

Smodden
ok *grumbles*

Aurora
*hugs grumbling smodden* love

Smodden
*cries on aurora's shoulder*

sauron
*shakes smods hand*

dont worry the world will soon be alright

AS SOON AS TULKAS DIES!!!!!

Kitoky
TULKAS MUST DIE! MUWAHAHAH!! devil

sauron
oh i do wish we had a mod who hates tulkas

Exa
stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue
big grin big grin big grin

Smodden
gee thanks sauron that was re...HEY!!!

I see ur mind u will betray us!!!!

i'm gona start a tulkas thread!
(did i just quote borimir? yuck! blah* **EDITED**

Exa
big grin big grin

Isnt there already one...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27277&highlight=tulkas

Pipage558
that is not fair! that cpg game was fun! i was merry! no *pipage starts to cry*

Kitoky
Maybe someone will start it up again in the RPG forum, where it won't be closed.

azszhz
nooooo!!!!! i lost my Frodo Slave now i have to do things for myself *cries*

Bar-en-Danwedh
maybe if it were a real RPG but it wasn't. by definition a RPG has rules, character building, and stats. THIS HAD NONE!!!!

listen to me!!! it was a joke we were just having fun, making each other laugh. not getting expereince points, or making gold. IT HAD REFERENCES TO DVDS AND "HOOTERS" BARS FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

read the whole thread, have a laugh, and loosten up. this isn't a flame, feel free to NOT ban me from the boards for questionaing the decision. I just think there has been a miscomunication that should be rectified.

Pipage558
I agree Bar-en-Danwedh!
Kit! I can't wait until the day this game comes on the rpg board! i will be waiting and will be merry yet once again! laughing

Kitoky
Also and I think most of the people know this is that RPG's are also when people pretend to be other people. That is the general of RPGing.

Pipage558
I don't care about the definition of RPG, just that the cpg game or whatever it is called is back! sad it was so much fun! sad

Bar-en-Danwedh
It was way to silly to really be considered an RPG. 'pretending to be other people' was still only just proposed dialog for entertainment. everbody kept changing who they were suppose to "be"

I just find it a little off...

it may of started in conflict with the rules, but it became something else.
I was having fun, alot of people were enjoying it and no one seemed offended. so why lock it up when the majority of people were for it.

I think RPGers would be more upset if we put it in that section and they were expecting a real game!

Smodden
EXACTLY Bar-en ur great!!!!

Aurora
NO matter how much we complain or start up new cpg in here they will still be shut down... run the idea by ush in the unhosted roleplay forum and he might let u open one in there. I know that everyone wants it in here..... BUT IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN *hugs smodden* I'm sorry!!!!!!

Kitoky
Guys if you're going to make a big deal outta this just go to the RPG forum and make a new one, I'm sure it won't be closed then.

Aurora
Exactly!

Iirima
Don't you need to get permission from the mod over there first, or something like that?

Aurora
Yes Ush is the mod in there, I am sure he is getting tired of closing down the thread in here and would be open to maybe letting a new one be opened in there.... it is worth a try.

Iirima
YAY! btw, hi Aurora! big grin

Ushgarak
If people want to be daring and maybe ask me politely- like the Potter players did- I will re-open and move it.

Listen, it doesn't matter how serious it is. You think all the RPs in unhosted are dead serious? Of course not!

This is a movie and book discussion area. Creative works like fictions or games of any sort go in other places!

So, matter is now explained, closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.