Arsenal - Southampton: Sure Away Win!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tryui
I just want to say something about a football game today, in the English Barclaycard Premiership. Arsenal is a very bad team, home at Highbury, they almost never beats veaker teams. Southampton is in very good form, a draw away against Liverpool was very good, and now I think they will win against Arsenal today. Kickoff: 15:00 GMT wink

yerssot
there is a thread about soccer/football here...

0-1 for Southampton

finti
1-1 and that was this thread

Texas
South Hampton, isn't that where they built the Titanic? big grin

finti
No its where they sailed from, Titanic was built in Belfast Northern Ireland and it is Southampton big grin

Texas
Ohhhhh!!!!
Theres this street in Dallas called Southampton, it's ghetto to the extreme! roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
just like the rest of the town then cool

Texas
It's not Stavanger for goodness sakes stick out tongue

yerssot
Texas ... Stavanger ... Texas ... Stavanger ...
Hmmm... I still think Paris is better

finti
yeah I knew you were a frog loving dweeb

yerssot
there isn't exactly a lot of meat on that but heck...

Texas
Well Stavanger sure does smell like Paris!
Peeee Uuuuuuuuuuuu

yerssot
no, that's your aftershave

ToMacco
No, that's Bjorks pictures. . . even they reek stick out tongue

Texas

ToMacco
yeah, I saw that. What a ***** evil face

finti
If she only kicked her own ass smile Cool avatar there To
I love Clavin and Hobbes, called Tommy & Tigeren(Tiger) in Norway smile cool smokin' rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
Tommy? That's odd, you'd think they would keep the name Calvin no matter what. confused

finti
Well Calvin is not a Norwegian name, they needed to use a name that people can fell recognizable with. I think they chose a cleaver translation of the title. Calvin and Hobbes were philosophers you know so there is more to the title than the names. Those are not to well known phlosophers in Norway though so they had to change it

ToMacco
Man, I grew up on Calvin and Hobbes. It really sucks that Bill Watterson quit. sad

finti
Yes those were great cartoons sad But I havent read them in a while so iys time to mess around the attic again big grin

ToMacco
I have all of the Calvin and Hobbes books. I need to go back and re-read them all.

I also like "The Far Side". Have you ever herd of that?

finti
Love it I always have Far side`s yearly almanac.
In Norway it is called Larsons Gale Verden(crazy world)

ToMacco
Norway has got some messed up names for American classics.

finti
We need to change the names so people can identify with it. As we dont speak English as our main language we have to translate them. All cartoons are translated, film titles sometimes keep its original title.
Beetle Baily is called Billy
Garfield are Pusur(pus being the same as kitty)
Donald is Donald
Superman is Supermann
Batman is Lynvinge( a ridicolus translation) so the new Batman stuff is simply called Batman

ToMacco
Wow, that's all wierd stuff.

finti
Maybe, but like you all even changes names on cities so it fit the English language. The names are to hard to pronounce on their original languages

ToMacco
Yeah, we do do that, don't we. It's funny how lazy countries are when it comes down to it. sad

finti
We do it too sometimes but we usually use the original names.
Like we say Dallas instead of Garbage pile which would be more suited for the Norwegian language evil face big grin

barbie_girl
DONT DISS ARSENAL THEY ARE THE BEST AND I LOVE THEM. I HAVE MY OWN ARSENAL AHIRT WI BARBIE AND THE NUMBER 7 ON THE BACK SO NERNERNENERNER!

Mujaffa
arsenal's a big pile of doodoo

LIVERPOOL*S THE BEST.... I DON*T CARE OF THE REST cool cool cool cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.