lion vs tiger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionking
which big cats wins and y

h0ck3yh0rr0r
did you know that the hybrid of a lion and a tiger is a liger. well there you have it a new "species". Tiger is more aggressive than the male lion. but you cant just say which is more "stronger"

Lord_Andres
very true, but remember the male lion has all that hair around his head, so the tiger wouldint be able to bite him there, and thats a very big advantage

h0ck3yh0rr0r
true. has anyone seen a picture of a liger. Its ****ing huge!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
look at this mother ****er lol its huge!

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/magazines/images/223liger.jpg

http://www.tigers-animal-actors.com/pom/liger.jpg

http://www.scumpa.com/~art/king-richards-sep02/liger.jpg

Lord_Andres
jawdrop WOW jawdrop where do they live? and how many of them are there? jawdrop

cermiestar
the kitten would win!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol ^

lord andres i dont know about the population of ligers but IMO i think scientists did this on purpose. the forced a lion and a tiger to mate. JUst IMO.

SlipknoT
a bear would take any big cat out, back in the 1930's in canavils they would have lions and black bears fight and the black bears would win no problem

SlipknoT
how old is that liger?

total metalhead
why cant they just live in harmony?

KidRock
lol are u bull shitting us about the 'liger'? those pictures look photoshopped and rigged

Dirty Vader
The lion is a lazy bastard who sleeps all day, pretty much like me. he lets his girl do all the hunting while he sits under a tree and gapes.

The tiger is fast agressive and goes after pray the whole day.

the liger has inherited the lion's side of llife. He's the fattest cat on earth, who gets his food delivered to him in his cage, while he tries to get up and stand on his own four paws.

Lord_Andres
I got my money on the lion

Pingu
Tigers are so cool i think for my next incarnation i will become one!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
no the ligers are real kid rock. trust me

KidRock
ok just wondering lol

Captain REX
Hehe, that girl with the liger's got some big hooters. big grin

*stops being a perve*

*runs in fright from the friggin huge liger*

Captain REX
Why couldn't they call it a tion?

silver_tears
Perv stick out tongue *runs away from Rex* ninja

h0ck3yh0rr0r
LOL

julibug
Lions are always fighting each other in the wild over terrirtory & such. They will even kill a mother's cubs if they want to mate with her. Tigers live much more peacefully with each other in the wild. They mark their terrirtories, but rarely fight.

As to the liger/tigon - if the mother is a lion & father is a tiger, it's called a liger. If the mother is a tiger & the father a lion, it's called a tigon. I saw a liger at Turpentine Creek a couple of years ago. It wasn't as big as the one in the other pics on this thread. I think those may have been digitally altered. wink

tiger win hands down, but bears rule em all

SlipknoT
well actually pythons are the best

Darth Revan
Actually they probably did it artificially that's what they do with horses...

h0ck3yh0rr0r
**** scientists, even though i luv science smile

Darth Revan
science is awesome especially life science yes

h0ck3yh0rr0r
all types of science are great.

saucybird007
I love tigers. They are my fav animal. I have adopted 3 of them big grin

The Force
ligers are cool but there sterile erm they can't have kids

Fire
first of all there are several different kinds of tigers and several different kinds of lions, if you specifiy it might be easier to answer

The Force
it's just th especies in general, man can't completely create a new species.

Fire
I was referring to the who'd win question TF

The Force
oh sorry fire, i think the tiger will win :d

Lord Tessai
someone said tigers were more aggresive than lions
thats crazy tigers are lone animals therefore when they see other big cats like a lion they get scared and naturaly want to run away
a lion on the other hand lives its whole life to fight other lions they love it they will fight anything and usually beat the tiger because of that and the mane
someone also said that brown circus bears killed circus lions
they are confused because brown bears are small and are preyed upon by big cats like the tiger
however a grizzly which is huge kills lions and tigers with one great swipe breaking there necks

dean7879
bears would beat tigers...there was a programme on tv that proves this

SaTsuJiN
While they're both very vicious cats.. I only know the tiger to drag their prey up into the treetops.. (I could be wrong).. so therefore I think the tiger might win for its strength and agility

SlipknoT
Yea, Animal Face off. But a Tiger would rip a lion apart

dean7879
its a leopard that drags prey up treetops
tigers and lions are both similar...so its hard to tell who would win

SaTsuJiN
Bengal Tigers - Diet
In the wild Bengal Tigers are pure carnivores and hunt medium-sized animals, such as rabbits, badgers, water buffalos, deer, wild boars, goats and sometimes they hunt domestic cattle. A Bengal Tiger will drag the kill to a safe place to eat . They are able to eat up to 40 pounds at a time and then go without eating for days. Some Tigers become man-eaters, but it happens to be very rare. In the zoo Bengal Tigers are fed chicken, horsemeat and kangaroo meat five days a week and fast on bones twice a week.

I believe that 'safe place' is up in a treetop

dean7879
not all tigers do that though

Lord_Andres
Lions win, they ahve mane so that the tigers can't neck bite! and lions are experts in neck biting even if the prey is running from then they can jump and get the perfect neck bite!

SlipknoT
The Lion wouldnt really stand any chance.

Next Venom_girl
Not much of a contest here.
Tigers are bigger, stronger, and more aggresive.
Lions are overhyped. They are lazy lay abouts who let the lioness do all the work. stick out tongue

And the neck isn't the only weak point. Heh. Even kitty cats know how to rake the guts out of their foes. evil face

http://www.mycathatesyou.com/

baracustastic
Tigers kick ass. Tiger would win based on cartoons. Liono needed the claw and sword to become hard in Thundercats. While Tony the Tiger from the cereal ads, though mostly cheery, has done some amazing stuff just to protect a stupid recipe. Sher Kahn too, he was hard so-and-so! Lions don't know about fire so Kahn would kick ass. The Lion didn't have cool ancestors either. The coolest pre-historic mammal has to be the sabre-toothed tiger.

In conclusion Tigers are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Next Venom_girl
Anyone RP? The weretigers are by far the coolest tribe. big grin
http://www.angelfire.com/nv2/Bastet/Khan.html
http://www.angelfire.com/nv2/Bastet/Simba.html

Arachnoidfreak
Ligers are genetically engineered AWESOMENESS.

And a tiger would ****ing pwn a lion. Bigger jaws, bigger denser stronger muscles, and it's definitly not slow.

dean7879
u cant say who would win
its too hard to call

Dreampanther
Yes you can. Tigers win. They are bigger, stronger and would tear a lion apart. Think about it. Exactly the same animal, except the one is stronger and bigger. Who do you think would win?

Jackie Malfoy
I would say a tiger but since they are both cat I think it depends on which animal is lucky that day!jm laughing

WhoKnows?
tiger.

mouth
LION

WhoKnows?
TIGER!

Lord_Andres
LION! wins, they have the mane, and the tiger dosent have one! and thats a HUGE advantage!

dean7879
lions are KING of the jungle

Next Venom_girl
The Tiger is EMPEROR! stick out tongue

Capt_Fantastic
I would say that pound for pound, the male Tiger would take the male Lion. Surely there is some historical records that could decide the outcome. Maybe Roman records or accounts from the Colisseum?

fever red
I like that Beiju!

ragesRemorse
tigers are bigger stronger, faster, and have longer, wider nails. A lions mane is not going to matter much when teeth and pressure are introduced into the picture. I believe lions have the strongest bite pressure though, but again the tigers claws are longer and wider. Tigers are the strategist of the cat familiy. Lions do shit and let there woman do it all, this is why the lion is the king baby.

SlipknoT
Which is odd because they dont really live in a Jungle

KharmaDog
Bengal tiger:
Weighs 400-675 pounds (average)
Length 9-11 feet (average)
Method of killing prey - suffocation

African Lion:
Weighs 325-500 pounds (average)
Length 8-10 feet (average)
Method of killing prey - suffocation,using fore limb claws to induce severe trauma, neck bites , suffocation, using canines to induce severe trauma to neck, or evisceration

So yes Tigers are bigger and (on average) stronger than lions. However, tigers avoid conflict with other tigers whenever possible. Many people say that male Lions do not hunt, that's completely wrong, in a pride the females do the hunting. But over 80% of adult male lions don't live in prides but live alone or in pairs (with another Bachelor lion). Usually there is only one or two adult male lions in a pride. So the single male lion hunts often the same prey with success by itself that 4-7 female lions often bring down.

Male lions don't hunt while in a pride because they have 2 jobs:
1 - Screw female lions
2 - Fight other male lions

While lions grow up in a pride they learn how to fight through constant play with others lions. As adults male lions fight constantly, male tigers fight infrequently.

Lions are more experienced fighters with a number of ways to attack and kill opponents.Tigers rarely fight and always (except for the most rare occasions) only kill through suffocation. The lion's thick mane is going to cause the tiger significant problems with that technique.

I give this one to the male lion 8 or 9 outta 10 times.

dean7879
like i said before
its too hard to call

Napalm
Lion

botankus
Well, last time they battled each other Cincinnati beat Detroit, 31-27 in 2001. stick out tongue

WhoKnows?
tigers rule.

Lyra Rose
lions are cool but tiger are way faster i would beat the lion

leotorthegreat
LIGERS DONT EXIST AND THEY HAD SOMETHIING ON ANIMAL PLANET I 4GOT THE NAME OF THE SHOW BUT THE LION WHIPPED THE TIGER'S ASS AND I WISH THE LIGER EXISTED BUT THEY DONT! AND LION VERSUS BLACK BEAR LIONS WIN IN SOME MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRIES HAVING LIONS AND OTHER EXOTIC ANIMALS ARE LEGAL AND THE WEALTHY OFTEN MAKES THEM FIGHT AND LION WINS MOST OF THE TIME

Deano
lygers do exist

Mindship
Tigers are about 10% bigger (heavier) than a lion - not a significant difference (like the difference between a 160 pound man and a 176 pounder: so many other factors can easily compensate for that 10%).

Tigers are loners. Mostly, they use their power for bringing down prey and occassionally if they have to fight off a rival.
Lions, on the other hand, being social cats, grow up with other lions. A lion does a helluva lot more "brawling" than a tiger does. They're, generally speaking, much fiercer and more experienced fighters.

Tigers, in going for the kill, bite the top of an animal's neck, seeking to break the spine. Lions go for the underside where they only have to close the windpipe. A tiger is much more vulnerable to a lion's angle of attack than a lion is to a tiger's especially given that mane (hell, why do you think male lions Have manes? In part, to help protect them in fights with other lions).

I used to think a tiger would win, until I became aware of the above. Now, I go with Leo.

Ulven
I completely agree with KharmaDog on this one.

And I believe the Discovery channel (or something similar) actually had a program that discussed this theme. I didn't watch it myself but a was told about it by one of my friends, one who is rarely mistaken. They concluded that the lion would probably win, and even though the lions are generally smaller, they were actually stronger than the tigers. I wish someone who had watched the show would confirm it though.

And Ligers/Tigons isn't something new, it has been around a long time, and I do believe it's only the males that's sterile, I think f.ex female Ligons being able to mate with another Lion/Tiger.

Darth_Erebus
Male lions average around 500 lbs. By contrast male bengal tigers are around 600. HOWEVER, male Siberian Tigers avg around 800 lbs and have been know to reach 1000.

A Liger is the offspring of a male lion and a female tiger and is a giant.

A Tigon is the offspring of a male tiger and female lion and is a dwarf.

All of the following may produce offspring with any of the others

Tiger
Lion
Jaguar
Leopard

However, any of said offspring is always sterile and cannot reproduce itself.

To answer the original question, A siberian Tiger could probably kill any lion.

Mindship
According to most websites...

The average lion is 400 to 500 pounds. The largest on record: over 700 lbs.
The average siberian tiger is 450 - 650 pounds. Largest on record (most sites): 850.

Keep in mind that strength is not the only factor in determining who wins. Neither is size (especially if the difference is not significant). Typically, the smaller animal will be more maneuverable (needs less space to move in, has less mass to move), and is also a smaller target.

(To my knowledge this has never been documented, but lions may also be smarter than tigers. Why? Please note that the most intelligent animals on the planet--even if just for their class--are social animals. The whole factor of knowing how to communicate and get along with others comes into play, something loner animals dont have to deal with. Lions are social cats.)

Again, lions are fiercer and more experienced fighters. And they have a killing technique that requires less energy to implement, plus they have that furry force field where tigers like to bite.

IMO: 6 or 7/10 > Leo

Imperial_Samura
Stupid Tigger, bouncing around, being unbearably cute. I'd like to see him fight a real lion or tiger, and then we will really see what Tiggers do best (that is be eaten.)

Still, I would probably go with the lion, for the above mentioned reasons, though it would be interesting to know whether the environment the contest took place in could affect the outcome (that is the lions normal habitat, and the tigers normal habitat)

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Still, I would probably go with the lion, for the above mentioned reasons, though it would be interesting to know whether the environment the contest took place in could affect the outcome (that is the lions normal habitat, and the tigers normal habitat)

Lions used to inhabit all the locations that Tigers do/did (except for siberia and the orient) before man wiped them out. Not that that matters, just thoght you might find that interesting.

Maestro
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Lions used to inhabit all the locations that Tigers do/did (except for siberia and the orient) before man wiped them out. Not that that matters, just thoght you might find that interesting.

They still do coexist in some parts of the world, for example, the Gir forest in India.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Maestro
They still do coexist in some parts of the world, for example, the Gir forest in India.

True, there's not too many asiatic lions left.

Lion and Tigers also artificially coexist in africa as some numbnut has set up a tiger sanctuary (fenced in) over there. I believe it's around the Kruger park area, but I could be wrong.

soleran30
I do know tigers eat asiatic brown bears.................so whoever said a black bear vs a lion is probably confused as asiatic brown bear and black bear are very similar in size.

For this little slug fest I am going with the Tiger simply because they are lone animals (I realize male lions don't all have prides) and are very used to hunting and being ferocious all the time in their respective enviroment (that certainly doesn't mean a lion isn't aggressive this is just my opinion.smile

KharmaDog
Originally posted by soleran30

For this little slug fest I am going with the Tiger simply because they are lone animals (I realize male lions don't all have prides) and are very used to hunting and being ferocious all the time in their respective enviroment (that certainly doesn't mean a lion isn't aggressive this is just my opinion.smile

It is for that very reason that I would side with a male african Lion. Being a social animal Male lions fight constantly. It's a skill they have to master in order to take control of a rivals pride, and it's a skill they have to master in order to keep possetion of that tribe.

On discovery channel they showed a documentary where they followed a big old male lion defending his tribe and the stresses it put him under. At one point he beat the living sh*t out of two other males who tried to take over his pride together. I would put that big ole sonuvab*tch up against any tiger.

Lions also have multiple ways to kill an animal other than a tigers one.

Tigers take out deer and occasionally larger game. A single bachelour lion will take out Zebras, Gnus, and even cape buffaloes (on occasion) by themselves.

Size is not everything, male lions have to be excellent fighters and adaptable to many situations in order to survive. I give it to the lion more times than not.

Capt_Fantastic
It is for that very reason that I would side with a male african Lion. Being a social animal Male lions fight constantly. It's a skill they have to master in order to take control of a rivals pride, and it's a skill they have to master in order to keep possetion of that tribe.

On discovery channel they showed a documentary where they followed a big old male lion defending his tribe and the stresses it put him under. At one point he beat the living sh*t out of two other males who tried to take over his pride together. I would put that big ole sonuvab*tch up against any tiger.

Tigers take out deer and occasionally larger game. A single bachelour lion will take out Zebras, Gnus, and even cape buffaloes (on occasion) by themselves.

Size is not everything, male lions have to be excellent fighters and adaptable to many situations in order to survive. I give it to the lion more times than not.

As a more informed person on this subject...I'll go with your descision.

soleran30

There are 10 times the documentaries on lions over tigers. Tigers are very elusive. That said however they always show the massive king of lions in most documentaries and not the average hankered down male on the plains. Most average male lions wouldn't stand a chance against an average tiger in my opinion.

Now Alpha male vs Alpha male would be different however once again not many documentaries on tigers in the wild........compared to lions.

KharmaDog
There are 10 times the documentaries on lions over tigers. Tigers are very elusive. That said however they always show the massive king of lions in most documentaries and not the average hankered down male on the plains. Most average male lions wouldn't stand a chance against an average tiger in my opinion.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Male lions who are not up to snuff end up dead. If a male lion is still walking around the savannah after 3 years , then that's one tough animal. Just because others are tougher or meaner does not negate the fact that it's a bad animal.

Although I agree with you on the number of documentaries on Tigers, lately there have been quite a few made. It is an awesome animal, however, it's reclusive nature also tips the scale toward the lion in my favour for a tiger would rather avoid conflict whereas lions seem to show a more robust attitude towards conflict.

Thoma5
Tiger cuz it bigger then lion

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Thoma5
Tiger cuz it bigger then lion

Well there you have it, this well thought out and exquisitely detailed argument has put this issue to rest. no expression

Alpha Centauri
Lions always strike me as commanding beasts.

I'll go with Lion.

-AC

Mindship
Did anyone ever watch the show "Animal Face-off?" It was an hour-long program which featured experts about the two animals starring for that episode, working in conjunction with engineers and cgi technicians. The first 55 minutes were spent building mechanical replicas of the animals, testing them, feeding data into a computer, wherein cgi animals were eventually set to fighting each other (the last 5 minutes). Lion vs Tiger was one of their bouts. Also featured (as I remember)...

lion vs crocodile
polar bear vs walrus
elephant vs rhino
bull shark vs hippo
jaguar vs anaconda

There are more but memory fails me. Cool show, if 30 minutes longer than it needed to be.

Thoma5
Video here...No winner but it seem that tiger is more stronger

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1372882387110365632&q=tiger+vs+lion

Alpha Centauri
I find those programs genuinely interesting but it's never as good. It doesn't offer enough of an escape to the point where you're genuinely thinking what would happen.

Polar Bears whoop walruses all the time. I think a crocodile would destroy a lion.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
I would like to see a Kodiak Bear v a Lion or Tiger smile

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
I would like to see a Kodiak Bear v a Lion or Tiger smile

When I lived up in the Northwest territorries, A barrens land Grizzly demolished the small silo where we kept our dry foods. The silo was made of corrugated galvanized steel and there was one spot that the grizz's claws actually punctured the steel.

I have also witnessed (from a distance) a grizz break the neck of an adult male caribou with one slap of the paw, have seen two male grizz's fight and was even chased once myself.

Having witness what a barren land grizz is capable of (and they are the smallest grzz's that you can get), I shudder to think what a Kodiak is capable of doing to something that it to which it has taken a particular diliking.

soleran30
wow the lion got mashed lol

KharmaDog
wow the lion got mashed lol

what are you talking about?

soleran30
the video

KharmaDog
sorry, missed that. And wasn't that a lioness? I can only get the photos, the video doesn't seem to be working.

soleran30
it looked like a male that wasn't fully developed......then again the tiger looked young but who knows...........at the end of the piece the lion was posturing in a beta position.......ie head low.......not looking at the tiger slinking lower then the tiger etc etc..

KharmaDog
it looked like a male that wasn't fully developed......then again the tiger looked young but who knows...........at the end of the piece the lion was posturing in a beta position.......ie head low.......not looking at the tiger slinking lower then the tiger etc etc..

Got it working.

I thought it was a lioness, a young male of that size should start to show signs of a mane, even if it were sparse.

So basically we have a fight between a tiger and either a very young male lion or a lioness (both of which lack the size, strength, aggression and abilty of a full grown male lion) fighting in an enclosed space that would naturally favour the larger animal.

So what does this prove?

If it is a young male or a female, it is aware that it is not an alpha anything and will take a subserviant posture to most challenges of an animal that takes a dominant posture. That's a lion's social behavior. This video, although interesting, does not really prove anything for either side of the debate.

soleran30
lol no fight generally ever will.........one nasty swipe of a paw or one nasty tear with the teeth and the fight is over...........one of them dies in the wild.........whoever gets the first big hit in wins.

Mindship
Seems to me, that young male lion held his own very well against the tiger. So unless that was a young tiger, an adult male lion would've destroyed that tiger (the tiger did seem bigger than the lion, but I'm guessing that was a young tiger too).

With regard to polar bears and walruses: according to the experts on the Animal Face-Off show, the walrus wins. Why? First of all, a walrus outweighs a polar bear by at least 3 to 1 (6000 lbs vs 2000 lbs), which Is a Very Significant weight difference.
The walrus' thick skin and blubber offer some protection against the polar bear's teeth and claws: no quick, fatal blows here.
A walrus' instinct, when attacked, is to go for the water. No way a polar bear has the strength to keep a fighting, struggling, resistant Big W from doing that.
Once in the water, the walrus is in his element. Walruses are much more maneuverable, can be very aggressive, and they can do major damage with those tusks.
A nature program I saw recently showed polar bears very, very reluctant to tangle with anything approaching an adult. They kept their eyes out for walrus pups. Attacks against adults got them no where.

As for grizzlies or kodiaks against a lion or tiger: again, we have a significant weight difference here (the bear being about twice the mass). Though a lion/tiger could conceivably take down a grizz (being faster and more maneuverable), the bear has a tremendous power advantage (plus much, much bigger claws). Most likely, the grizz wins.

Generally, once you have a significant size/mass difference, usually the bigger animal wins.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Mindship
As for grizzlies or kodiaks against a lion or tiger: again, we have a significant weight difference here (the bear being about twice the mass). Though a lion/tiger could conceivably take down a grizz (being faster and more maneuverable), the bear has a tremendous power advantage (plus much, much bigger claws). Most likely, the grizz wins.

Generally, once you have a significant size/mass difference, usually the bigger animal wins.

I agree with most of what you say, but definately do not underestimate the speed, agility and reflexes of a grizzly bear.

Sir Whirlysplat
Bears are the best animals smile

Mindship
It was perhaps a few years ago when, on tv (I forget what show), there ran footage of (now This is cool) a fight between a great white shark and a killer whale.

Anyone wanna guess as to who was the Tougher Finmeister?

Sir Whirlysplat
Orca?

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by lionking
which big cats wins and y

A tiger

Mindship
Orca. Give the man a cee-garr

KharmaDog
There's some book by a woman who slept overnight on the Faralon (sp) Islands and it tells of researchers who witnessed a pod of orcas tear apart a great white and the other great whites took off from the area, one radio tagged individual took off to hawaii before it returned.

Thoma5
http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/Bear_Vs_Lion_160.html

Bear vs lion and lion

lion the winner

Darth_Erebus
http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/Bear_Vs_Lion_160.html

Bear vs lion and lion

lion the winner

That was an Asian Sun Bear, and the lion didn't kill it. Put the lion in with a Kodiak or a Polar Bear and the cat would most definitly be in trouble.

By the way, what a sickening video.

FeceMan
Lion wins, hands-down.

Orca is a killer whale.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by FeceMan
Lion wins, hands-down.

Orca is a killer whale.

Thats right..... Orca is a Killer Whale read the thread before you post confused

FeceMan
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Orca? (I'm a retard and FeceMan was kind enough to explain to me what an orca is, but I decided to insult him. I'm an ass and should log off of KMC.)

Sir Whirlysplat
Another outburst by Feceman - not really needed. erm

Darth_Erebus
This bear would kick any cats ass

Arabian Knight
The thing is, a Lion is MADE to fight other big cats. It doesn't hunt very much, it just chills and fights. It's whole life, reason for living is to protect the lionesses from threats such as other male Lions or take over a pride by killing the current male Lion. Fighting to the Death is how Lions do it.

Tigers, on the other hand, don't do much fighting, if any. It's solitary and only kills prey, hardly ever other tigers.

Strength/size go to the Tiger, slightly.

Skill and natural equipment go to the Lion, heavily. Hell, what do you think the mane is for? To block neck bites from other Lions.

Stamina goes to the Lion. Lions have been known to fight for a full day. Tigers can't, they rely on stealth to kill deer.

Aggression/gameness goes to the Lion by a mile. They are made for this, they aren't made to hunt, they're made to kill other big cats.

A Tiger would run from a Lion if it could, if they were caged, the Lion kills it.

A polar bear would **** up either one of the two. Those things are insane. They're afraid of dogs, though.

AdventChild
Video here...No winner but it seem that tiger is more stronger

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1372882387110365632&q=tiger+vs+lion

the lioness got it's ass beat pretty badly...

MARCMAN
Tigers are much larger than lions and much more agile and coordinated. Other then that I saw both of them getting fed in a zoo nd when the chuck of meat was tossed over the fence the lion would just look at it then it would just get nailed on the head with the meat. The tiger on the other hand caught it with its paw 6 feet off the ground

Lion goes down

Quiero Mota
The lion's mane provides superb padding, so I'll go with it.

Tallis
Tigers are bigger, and heavier. And thats just about it. Lion are faster and fight more enemies than a Tiger.

A tiger is a solitary animal and so only kills smaller prey. The Lion however is more expeirenced when it comes to large prey, they can bring down elephants and giraffes, buffalo, and zebras. Also the Lion is far more battle trained than a tiger, as it fights in many battles with Hyenas and buffalo. Plus the fact that a thick mane stops the tigers bite and can deflect blows from a tigers paws, it's obvious that the King of the Jungle Keeps his crown

Pandemoniac
The tiger wins. Lions are pack-hunters, a couple of them chase the prey into an ambush where the rest awaits. And when trap is closed, they attack in numbers to perform the kill. This because the lion has limited stamina and top speed.
The tiger however, preys on faster animals and is capable of taking them down singlehandedly. They don't have to rely on others and are more strategic and cunning as an individual.
Among the lions, the females do the hunting, because the males are to bulky and slow (not to mention lazy).
A tiger (male or female) is faster, more intelligent and more durable than a female lion.
The male lion might be stronger than any tiger, but lacks speed, killer-instinct and reflexes, so the tiger will likely get the best of him.

Tallis
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
The tiger wins. Lions are pack-hunters, a couple of them chase the prey into an ambush where the rest awaits. And when trap is closed, they attack in numbers to perform the kill. This because the lion has limited stamina and top speed.
The tiger however, preys on faster animals and is capable of taking them down singlehandedly. They don't have to rely on others and are more strategic and cunning as an individual.
Among the lions, the females do the hunting, because the males are to bulky and slow (not to mention lazy).
A tiger (male or female) is faster, more intelligent and more durable than a female lion.
The male lion might be stronger than any tiger, but lacks speed, killer-instinct and reflexes, so the tiger will likely get the best of him.

Killer Instinct...LOL. And so what about the speed department it's not like the lion will be running away from the tiger or vice-versa. And have you ever seen a SINGLE male Lion take on an army of Hyenas. And about the speed thing, their is a video where a guy has a gun and starts shooting at a lion who is 25 yards away the lion avoids all the bullets and charges the hunter taking him down. Also Have you ever seen a SINGLE lion kill a bull. Yeah get your facts.

LIONS OWNZ PWNZ and Slaughter the tiger.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Pandemoniac

You don't seem to know much about lions.

Soleran
Originally posted by Tallis
Killer Instinct...LOL. And so what about the speed department it's not like the lion will be running away from the tiger or vice-versa. And have you ever seen a SINGLE male Lion take on an army of Hyenas. And about the speed thing, their is a video where a guy has a gun and starts shooting at a lion who is 25 yards away the lion avoids all the bullets and charges the hunter taking him down. Also Have you ever seen a SINGLE lion kill a bull. Yeah get your facts.

LIONS OWNZ PWNZ and Slaughter the tiger.

Nope but I have seen tigers smoosh asiatic bearssmile Also there are lions in india as well as tigers. To bad I would pity a lion facing off there. The lions tend to be smaller and would end up as a tiger dinner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.