Mask of the Phantasm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

punkyhermy
anyone seen this movie?because if u haven't u really are missing something.if u have plz write some comment on it whether good or bad.

Darth Jello
the best full length batman movie ever made, even though the phantasm costume is a ripoff of daredevil villain Mr. Fear.

Herr Logan
I agree, it is the best Batman movie ever. However, the Phantasm is not a ripoff of Mr. Fear. The Phantasm is based on the Reaper, from Batman: Year Two. Mr. Fear has a very generic appearance, so one could not attribute any subsequent characters' similar costumes to Mr. Fear alone.
Did anyone see "Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman"? It was actually pretty good, and I wasn't expecting a good animated movie after "Subzero" and the new animation style, which I don't like as much as the original.

Darth Jello
i don't think anything can top phatasm and return of the joker

Herr Logan
I only saw the cleaned-up version of "Return of the Joker," because I couldn't find it on DVD at the video store. It was okay, but I didn't think it was great.
I'm definitely not claiming that "Mystery of the Batwoman" is better than "Mask of the Phantasm." I just reccomend it.

Darth Jello
yeah, i haven't seen the uncut version either, but I heard robin plugs joker and the clown calls brucey "bat-fart"

sindahouse
Th uncut of "joker returns" robin plugs joker. Joker doesn't gas one of the goons at the start, but plugs him. You see more footige too. Only prob is Ive lost it........ Doh!! I got the DVD but its the cut version.

Mask of the Phantasm, to me, is what batman is all about. Dark, and on his own. I can't stand it when he starts to team up with too many ppl. And its the best batman flick ever. Mysteries of the batwomen was also very well done. I was surprised.

Superguy
Mask of the Phantasm is the best Batman film ever, and one of the best comic films ever. wink

Jokerinthedeck

Glimmerone
I love it as well, a romantic tale, a autobiography, a shining dark knight of the highest order, a man who loved, was able to give himself over to all that he fell for a genuine love, a woman worthy. I put myself into it, It was a real movie, it may have been animated but at its core, it was a real-time as life can be. A also enjoyed the ending song, it fitted quite well with the story.

sindahouse
I must admit, the love story also drew me to the film as well. It wasn't retarded 90210 chick flick crap. It was a mature, tragic love story with a twist of mystery, all embedded around Gotham City and Batman. Amazing stuff. thumb up

Bat Dude
Mask of the Phantasm is one of the best Batman movies ever made, it had everything I like in a Batman movie, (I especially like the ending, how Joker is just going crazy with laughter while surrounded by fire)however, I did have two problems with it...

Didn't it kinda screw up continuity a little by making the man who becomes Joker a gangster in MOTP like in 89, but in the series he was a failed comedian...

And why does everyone call Andrea Beaumont a "Woman Worthy"? What has she done to earn such a title? She was Bruce's first love and she murdered gangsters, that's about it... I can think of several other, more worthy women, like Selina Kyle, Talia Al Ghul, and Wonder Woman (in DCAU)

Glimmerone
She was worthy in the sense that before she got corrupted, she had all the fine qualities and type of personality that made bruce love her. She was warm, loyal, loving, full of life, and she understood who bruce was, how he felt, and she just wanted to love him and be love by him, she didn't push it, she figured that he would come around, quoting from the movie that she figured he didn't know what to do with her, that she didn't fit in the plan he had.

Also, she may have murdered those gangster, but it wasn't for money or status or because she was crazy, It was because they had pain her so much by taking away or destroying all that she loved, her father and Bruce. She want them to feel some of all the pain and empty she fell by their ruining all the happiness that they, she, bruce, and her father could of had.

She was a sensual, sensitive but strong woman, who had lot all that mattered in he life. also, Talia, wonderwoman and catwoman(all lovely and impressive) have far more faults than Andrea. Andrea is just a normal beautiful woman whose life was negatively affected by a bunch of murders, thieves, etc.. in a large way and she wanted to get back at them. The other three are professionals in their trade, who all would kill or have damage other people's lives directly, or indirectly due to their beliefs or lifestyle, although they may have done various things to the benefit of some people, as in wonder woman's case.

Starhawk
Best Batman movie ever made. Great plot, great acting, I would say damn near flawless.

wuTa
Originally posted by Bat Dude

Didn't it kinda screw up continuity a little by making the man who becomes Joker a gangster in MOTP like in 89, but in the series he was a failed comedian...

I don't think so, his origin is of a failed comedian that had turned to crime (thus gangster origin). I don't think the series explained it like that, but the pieces of the puzzle are there, you just got to put it together, that's how I always looked at it.

Tron
He wasn't a failed comedian, in the episode you're thinking of, he only failed that act a year before, which means he was still the Joker then.

ADarksideJedi
I thought it was pretty horrible.jm

LORDSIDIOUS01
great anime

Gregory
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
great anime

Cartoon.

I thought it was excellent, but maybe not quite up to the hype. I think Begins was a better Batman movie.

Punkyhermy
MOTP still hasn't been topped film wise.

Andrea Beaumont is batman's true love.

Darth Macabre
Like what's already been stated, it's the best Batman movie ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.