tpm anakin was too annoying

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
is it just me or who thinks the same???
i mean must of the 10 year old actors annoy but this one was like the king of all annoying children actors.

yerssot
no

Ushgarak
I thought he was great.

ToMacco
He was good in some scenes, some scenes not. Watching the DVD extras, it looks like he was a major pain in the ass to work with.

Ushgarak
True. Probably hold true for ALL kids though. Do you think GL wanted to hit him when he couldn't say 'Coruscant' right?

Mimnd you, I would have made the same mistake.

ToMacco
"Coriskant?"

I liked the look on Shmi's face. You could really tell she was fed up with little Ani's foul ups.

yerssot
It's not like I would pronounce it

King Jedi
I thought he was great as well.

Volundro Ramm
I agree with Jedi Fernando. That kid was even more annoying than Jar Jar, 10 times more... Naaa forget that 100 times more. When he screamed out yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in his first scene, didn't it make you want to puke? Plus I know hes only a kid but surely with all there resources they could have found a better actor. I mean look at that Sixth sense kid, he got an oscar, didn't he?

yerssot
Sixth Sense is not Star Wars

ok, they both can see dead people, but that's it

ToMacco
Halle Joel Osmand didn't win an Oscar, but he was nominated.

Anyway, wether you like Jake Lloyd or not, he's done, so we might as well move on.

Julie
Thank you for that word of wisdom ...tomacco
In this case......I agree wink

ToMacco
My only exsistance is to make others wiser, Jules. Glad I could help. big grin

TeCk-IcE
I have to agree too......He was a good actor, but he was so anoying....for me it looked like he thought that he was the king. He thought that he was better than the rest.....I didn`t like him.

King Jedi
He was perfect for that part. Haley Joel Osment was turned down and rightly so. He's not Anakin Skywalker.

yerssot
no, like you said, his name is Haley Joel Osment

Julie
Thak you for clearing that up for us, Yerssot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bantha Fodder
I thought he was annoying but some of the blame falls on Lucas, not Jake Lloyd. For example, when Anakin blew up the droid control ship, it was all an accident! WTF?!?!? That was so lame. It would have been much more exciting and true to Anakin's character if he had done it on purpose, with the help of the force. Or maybe we are to believe that the force makes things look like accidents....if so then Jar Jar is strong with the force!

But really, having such an important battle unfold as nothing more than slapstick comedy is just incredibly stupid. With all the CGI effects, the final space battle in TPM was not even half as interesting as the battle in ANH, or even some of the minor battles in ESB. There was no order to it, no suspense, no drama..only Anakin doing stupid stunts with his fighter and yelping and screaming. The cool thing about Star Wars has always been that it knew when to be serious and when to lighten up a bit, but TPM had it all wrong. Pathetic.

King Jedi
As Qui-Gon said "Nothing happens by accident" Anakin was meant to destroy the ship.

No it wouldn't. Anakin didn't know what he was doing but he still managed to destroy the ship and free the planet. That to me shows how strong he was with the force. It wasn't an accident it was fate.

So there wasn't any slapstick in the OT? What about R2 accidently electrocuting himself in ESB? Or the way 3PO kept banging his head when he was on Chewie's back?
Or the end battle in ROTJ with the Ewoks and Chewie?

There has always been slapstick in Star Wars battles. Look at the way Boba Fett died.

The Indiana Jones films are filled with that type of humor.

You might think that is incredibly stupid but millions don't.

yerssot
You forgot this one KJ

Hmmmm two squadrons of N1 fighters against let's say .... +10 squadrons of trained battledroids.... not interesting... I see

Ushgarak
Oh come on, yerss! He's dead right about that. The space battle in TPM was not very engagign while the trench sequence is an absolute classic!

yerssot
how sure are you that they won't say the same in 30 years?

Ushgarak
Because I loved the Trench Sequence the first time I saw it. The space battle in TPM just bored me. It was just a load of exploding ships; unlike the Trench Sequence which had identifiable characters, real emotion, great suspense and enemies that weren't shot down in groups of a dozen at a time.

It also had the 100% attention of the movie, unlike the Naboo space battle which was just a sideline arounf the centrepiece sabre fight- which was a classic of its own, of course.

He-Man
Ush is right... I just hope they make a nice spacebattle for Episode 3.

Bantha Fodder
Well if you all liked the space battle in TPM then good for you, but MOST reasonable people would not rate it on par with ANY of the space battles from the OT. It's simply not all that exciting.

And force or not, I don't find it interesting to watch a little boy make mistakes and accidentally blow up THE important ship of the movie. He didn't even try! You can say the force did it or whatever, but my point is that it is poor film making. If Anakin takes a dump and it destroys all the bad guys, do you say it's the force, or that it's a dumb scene? Please.

Also, by your reasoning, if everything is destined by the force (there are no accidents), then why isn't Jar Jar powerful with the force? Jar Jar should be nearly as powerful as Anakin, and Qui Gon should have been pushing Jar Jar on the Jedi Council using your reasoning! After all he took out plenty of bad guys with his slapstick antics.

You guys need to realize that when I rip on TPM, I'm not attempting to insult you personally. It's fine if you dig TPM, we have different opinions and that's cool. You don't need to be so defensive about TPM, m'kay?

Ushgarak
Did my post become invisible or something? We don't all like it!

yerssot
I think so, Ush, I didn't saw your post here big grin

it IS the Force! How more can you get then a direct quote from QGJ?

It's not that everyone is powerfull in the Force and not that everyone can use it

jedi fernando

peluffo
I'll stop to be defensive when you stop to say things in this way. Post your opinion, that's right, and even nice to hear ALL opinions, but don't judge anybody...

Is not what you say, is your way to do it.

please? smile

King Jedi
No, that is a dumb scene dreamt up by someone who has no clue what he's doing.

No. No. No. No. Anakin is the "chosen one". You might have heard that in the film if you weren't too busy thinking about how it wasn't the OT.
Anakin is destined to bring balance to the force. His future is all mapped out for him. Certain things in TPM sound like unbelievable coincidence or fluke but they're not. Everything happened for a reason.

Yeah he did. How cool was that! big grin

Bantha Fodder
If Anakin is the chosen one, then TPM should have shown it. If he used the force to destroy the droid control ship, then TPM should have shown it.

The problem is that the movie didn't show Anakin using the force in battle. The pod race scene was cool, because Anakin won the race by the use of skill and the force, not by accident. But the final battle was shown to be an accident.

It's bad film making. Just because TPM is aimed at children doesn't mean it has to suck...I like lots of children's movies, because they don't suck. I think Lucas lost his touch up as a director and storyteller...hopefully in ATOC he's back in proper form, and based on the novel and trailers, he is. But then TPM looked good in trailers, too.

Ushgarak
I think the point that KJ is trying to make is that while it mighty LOOK like shher luck that let Anakin destreoy the DCS, it was in fact his power that made it possible. No such thing as luck, as Obi-Wan says.

it was still a pretty unengaging battle, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.