Perspective

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
You know what I find really interesting is the fact that practically everything non-material has a 'perspective' factor--for example, liberals tend to think the war is wrong, while conservatives tend to think it is right. Who is really correct? Nobody, it's impossible for one of them to be correct because of the fact that there are two of them and neither is backing down.
What do other people think about this?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
good topic Darth Revan. We had a debate in World History AP class and i was in the conservative group. We discussed on differences and the ideas of each. Well after the French Revolution, the conservatives wanted to establish the throne once again....(absolute monarchy)....making a long post short...i dont think the government will ever be perfect.

Well maybe communism was a good idea gone bad.

Darth Revan
Yeah.. the problem with communism is that no matter what your intentions are, you're never going to be able to make everybody get along all the time. The fact is, everybody has different opinions, and it is very hard to make them change their minds.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yup.

feanor
and when you have so many differing opinions you're bound to clash no matter the intention. right, left, left right, which way do you go?

rusky
Plus, communism was built on the idea of absolute equality, and as such, people were, for example, payed the same amount of money if they were NASA-like rocket scientists or foundation diggers (actually there was a tendency to pay the diggers more :eeksmile.
As said, a good idea, but not well-enough thought..

As for the conservatives and the liberals, they have to oppose each other and their beliefs, even if they don't mean to, because they have to prove that what the other has done is wrong, in order to promote a good public image for themselves and a bad one for the others..

Dexx
umm, no...the problem with communism is that it's not even trying to make everyone get along. The essence is in supressing everyone's point of view and forcing them into submission. until...you lose control eventually smile

rusky
Idd.. smile

silver_tears
Human beings are always power hungry, they wanna lord over others, it's our nature, so communism would never work, because people would not submit to equality, it depends on the way you are raised, humble or snobbish.

julibug
Yeah, communism looks great on paper. When it's fleshed out, it doesn't work so well.

Ushgarak
I strongly disagree with the opening statement saying that neither is correct. I do not believe right or wrong is a relative matter.

Dexx
yeah
why debate over communism...it's almost erradicated today

silver_tears
It's an interesting topic big grin
Different people, different views abotu it big grin

Dexx
interesting?..no..it's..depressing

i've actually caught communism within my first 3 years of life stick out tongue....don't remember much

silver_tears
same here stick out tongue neither do I but after it was abolished Ukraine went down hill, very poor now erm

rusky
No kidding ? Tell me, do you know that if I made a poll asking people on the forum where romania is, or if they ever heard about this country, 90%'d probably tell me it's a state in the us(imagine that), it's a cookie, it's company making shoes or oh..it's a country ??

Anywayz, this happened because all the people that came to power after the fall of communism were really power hungry types, and unfortunatley they're still there, stealing as much money as they can..

silver_tears
People like that should die yes
and I agree with you erm It's sad sad

Dexx
should die?...well....your friend lindsay once told me, when asked, that romania is somehwere in the south of grece (within greece, as a state) under the everlasting argument of not having pciked the geography class wink

and another one (don't remember who) asked me if i was one of the 5 children that the russians force every romanian woman to have in order for them to spawn their world taking army (yes, she actually used the word spawn wink )

silver_tears
laughing out loud should definately die yes

yerssot
said the girl who couldn't place romania on the map either

silver_tears
It's by Hungary, Bulgaria, Moldova, and Ukraine roll eyes (sarcastic)
Unlike some people Geography is a requirement here smart

silver_tears
shall I include a map too yersy wersy big grin

h0ck3yh0rr0r
I dunno but my parents say during communism in Russia (my parents lived in Armenia), they told me that communism was great...except they couldn't believe in God. Education was great back then.

silver_tears
my parents say the same thing erm
and my brother started school there, so he has an upper edge here big grin

Darth Revan
Well, there are some things that are just plain evil. For example, killing millions of innocent people because of their race to make the other racial groups feel justified or superior is something that almost everyone in the world would agree is evil. However, when you put it into context: Hitler killed millions of Jews prior to and during WWII, it depends on your perspective. Most people would still see it as being wrong. However, the Germans during that time period thought it was just great--they believed themselves superior to the Jews, and that the Jews had robbed them of their former glory. Therefore, they were justified in killing them all. See, from the Nazi point of view, it's ok cos the Jews are "evil" but from the rest of the world's point of view, it's not because the Jews aren't evil.

rusky
Education was, and still is 'better', but only because we are taught stuff earlier than u folks.

Dexx
yes, but that happens after the communism also.

communism wasn't great..doh erm

Fire
Perspective determines everything

yerssot
Wir haben es nicht gewust

Darth Revan
Mesa no speck German...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.