Why did Yoda and Ben hid from Vader and the Emperor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando

yerssot
don't think they were there for the same...
OB1 for watching Luke, and Yoda just ran in time, and then after OB1 thought it was time, he sent him to Yoda.

After all, OB and Y can't communicate with eachother

Ushgarak
I think your first option fits best. They were in hiding after defeat- BUT with a long-term plan in mind.

LanceWindu
I think that the waited for Vader to make the prophecy come true. They knew in TPM that he was the one dealing with it.

ToMacco
Yeah, the first one. Obviously the emperor is pretty bad ass if he wipes out thousands of Jedi.

Obi-wan and Yoda were like "Let's get the hell outta here!"

King Jedi
I'd love to hear Yoda say that. smile

justinday15
They wanted to wait until Luke was old enough to face Vader. Luke and Leia were the only hopes.

GordonSkywalker
Obi-Wan stayed in hiding so long that Grand Moff Tarkin and perhaps Vader thought him dead. Yoda, that's something that will have to be explained in 3, as we don't know all the circumstances that led up to both jedi running. I do agree wholeheartdedly about that long-term plan, though. Maybe they were waiting to see what Anakin/Vader did about Palpatine?

Captain REX
"The hell out of here we must get!"

I chose 1, but personally I think it was a little of each choice.

Ushgarak
I doubt Tarkin knew Obi-Wan in any direct sense in order to have to hide from him specifically (unless Episode III proves me wrong), but simply as one of the top men of the Empire Tarkin probably knew of the famous Jedi.

GordonSkywalker
But of course.

GordonSkywalker
I think they both knew it was not part of their own destiny to deal directly with Vader or Palpatine. They knew through the Force it was Luke's destiny to deal with both of them so they waited and bided their time until 'the son of Skywalker' was ready. wink

cookies2006
I totally agree!

GordonSkywalker
Excellent.

cookies2006
We should be done with this post bcuz of Gordons excellent answer to the Q.

Ushgarak
Why? Other opinions are still valid. I favour the idea of them simply not being up to the job.

cookies2006
I wouldnt be up to the job either. 2 on about 2 million.

GordonSkywalker
Ush probably won't give me credit for anything but in this instance he is right and I am wrong, White Shadow. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
I think at the time they went into hiding they felt beaten, they needed the time to be right and the rebellion to be big enough to be a treath, considering they had someone who could be trained in the jedi ways to challenge the siths

cookies2006
Fully Agree here.

GordonSkywalker
Yes he makes sense to me as well.

cookies2006
Good job Finti.

GordonSkywalker
He's an all right bloke. Today was his birthday.

cookies2006
Happy belated BDAY.

glenn
I agree with them waiting until luke was old enough but who took the two twins to their hide outs. Also if Obi Wan took Luke to his uncle owen and Aunt Peru, how did he know where they were because in episode 2 only padme knew unless she took Obi Wan with her to the location.

yerssot
plenty of years in between to get to know the location if it isn't explained in EpIII

cookies2006
It should be because obi1 and yoda should be the only people to be able to take Luke to his aunts and uncles house. Everyone else will be dead.

rogue_jedi
good call,gordon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.