Elvish and Hobbit names

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arwene
Url taken out due to rule breaking.

mine was Nessa Ar-Feiniel

orlandoOYEA
believe their might be a thread on this... dont want to sound mean just trying to let you know.

Enjoy your stay on the threads!! smile

Iirima

Arwene
well i couldnt be bothered to look too tired so i thought id start a new one

Pipage558
my name is Maranwe Sindanarie (and i can't write all of the fancy stuff in the name poor pipage)

Arwene
http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit

mine is Ruby Grubb of Little Delving

orlandoOYEA
You could of stuck this with the elvish name thread

Arwene
i know but the website was down sorry

orlandoOYEA
Its ok, just trying to let you know

Bloom4ever

Pipage558
My hobbit name is Melilot Bracegirdle of Nobottle! I have a hobbit name now! stick out tongue

Discos

Kitoky
There is also another thread like this like OYEA said, if you're too lazy, then don't start so many threads.

And just to tell you, that elvish translator site if bogus.

Pipage558
ok kit! but i never had a elven name before! ( i sound corny don't i?)

orlandoOYEA
There is a search box at the top of the forum if you want to search if a likely thread has been posted. Therefor even lazy people can do itsmile

Kitoky
If you want real translation, it's best to ask Exa.

jorgeiscool
heh... I'm Nienna Elensar and my hobbit name is Dimple Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern...

Discos
that site is bogus, I tried 4 different names and it came up the same

Discos - does Dazy sound like mark....erm no!

Pipage558
OK! i shall go and do that! *starts to look for Exa*

Kitoky
Perhaps Arwene could edit her thread title to Elvish and Hobbit Names here, because the source is from the same site and these two subjects are similar so I don't see why there should be two seperate threads.

Pipage558
i dunno... ask her! maybe because they are two different names?

Ushgarak
Merged

Pipage558
kool! how did you do that?

Kitoky
Ush is a moderator from the RPG forum and he agreed to keep and eye open in the Lotr forum for us and he merged this because I asked him to.

Pipage558
OH! thanx for explaining kit! sry im not really myself today!

Kitoky
Quite ok, I'm just glad that everything is starting to get more organized.

Pipage558
YAY! are we helpful kit?? angel

Kitoky
Yes, very. As long as you with me wink

Pipage558
lol! i feel that i have some use!

Exa

mmmmmm_ob :)

Exa

i like wandering star...that sounds nice...but how is watertreasure to do with it lol....

Exa

maybe im a wandering water treasure star....hmmm....lol....or a water treasure wandering star...so many possibilities stick out tongue

Elondra
I think this one is better!
http://www.lotruk.com/

these are my results from that 1....
If you were a Hobbit, your name would be Sana Spinner
and if you were a (female) Man, your name would be Haiweth
and if you were an Elf, your name would be Deladrieng
and if you were a Dwarf, your name would be Alwlyan
and if you were an Orc, your name would be Erodush
Your nearest Tavern might be called The Gelded Ranger
and your sword would be called Alalsol

I like the other 1 better....even if it dusnt make sens...it still looks better stick out tongue but my sword sounds ok...

Vri
How do I find Exa?

Exa
She is here big grin

edit
but if thou wishest to talk to her, thou shouldst hurry because she hath to leave for an hour or so...

LegolasLuva
How did you find out what it means? My elvish name is Tari Ringeril, and my hobbit name is Tigerlily Sackville-Baggins. And Kitoky, the person who runs the site even says that compared to other name generators, this one is quite simple, so you can't really call it bogus if they say it to the world, can you.(?) I typed in a whole ton of people's names, and a lot were the same if they started with the same letter. It takes the first and last letter, and traces it back to the names or something. Look in the FAQs.

So then, what is the best, most authentic name generator of Lord of the Rings?

Exa

claidisa_felton
i thik the barrowdowns name generator is betta...on there my elvish name is Andavariel.
nice huh? big grin

LegolasLuva
"Queen Cold Star?" Hm. I like that! I want the most genuine Elvish name, one that is really translated into Elvish. Where is the Barrowdowns one?

Exa
The Barrowdowns are as random as this one, sometimes even more random... I actually dont know any really translating generators, you can only translate them yourself - find out what your name means and then translate it to some elvish language. There are usually several possibilities for translating names, sometimes its practically impossible because the words are missing.

What is your name?

shadowy_blue
There's no such thing.

It's just like asking what's the best, most authentic Japanese name generator that could translate ALL English or German or Spanish or American names accurately.

Considering the fact that Elvish or Hobbitish or Adunaic aren't really languages in every sense of the word (since Tolkien have never managed to translate EVERYTHING *let alone names* to Elvish or Black Speech or Adunaic, etc.), and also knowing the fact that different people have unique and never-been heard names, it's IMPOSSIBLE to have the best, most authentic name generator of Middle-earth.

All those name generators in the web are just random..just like the character personality tests everywhere.

starshine

Laviera_j
My elvish name is Gorfaeil - I can't remember where from.....

enya
thats sooo cool im either lobielia sandybanks

or

glaladiel nelrama (something like that cant spell lol)

do u think legolas greenleaf and galadriel nehrama sound good togetha lol

or samwise gamgee and lobielia sandybanks lol

FrodozBabe

Exa
Eeehm wait a moment will have to research that... Wallis? Where does that word come from?

Il try, Il try, but will take a while cuz il be home late 2day

Exa

Walis is from scotland....well we hav William Wallis...so i supose its most probably from there smile

Exa
Hm, yea, that sounds logical... yes yes any idea what it means litterally?

SteveMan2101
My hobbit name is Mungo Deepdwellver wich is rediculous i don't look like a Mungo Deepdwellver doI? Huh? So whoever made up this Hobitt names must have really random names for hobbits son't ya!! confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

tassie

Exa
Candice? Perhaps Lissie, Meluiwen, Meluiel, Lendwen, Lendil?

Or - where does your name come from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.