What Anakin may know about the death of Amidala

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Don't you think it is very possible that a handmaiden could take Amidala's place and Anakin kills her thinking she is his wife?Anakin thought Amidala died but she didn't.He thinks she'd died with the baby she carried and never gives them anougher thought that is until he meets Luke.I think the real Amidala goes to Alderan and lives with Bail.A few years later she dies probally.Thats why Leia knew little about her because she died when she was very young.

UnknownBountyHunter
I think that would complicate the plot a little to much. I think Amidala gives birth to both of them, Luke gets taken by Beru and Owen and Leia goes to live with Amidala on Alderaan.

Xizor
Then after 1-2 years with Leia(so that she can remember her mom) Anakin kills Amidala.

UnknownBountyHunter
I don't like the idea of Anakin killing Amidala, it sounds like it would fit in the plot, but where would Leia be when she dies? I think Leia would know about Anakin killing her eventually, thus her knowing or at least remembering her father. I think she dies fighting or is killed by a BH.

Solardarth
it's simple, amidala commits sucide cause she won't be able to see her children again

Xizor
Not that simple man, sucide would not be the outcome fans want to see.

UnknownBountyHunter
Agreed. It is stupid to see a main character commit suicide.

Xizor
The way Leia spoke of her mom made it seem as if her mom was sad and died from a broken heart. That wouldn't be good for the plot in the prequels. I think Luke is sent to Tatooine right at birth at the end of Ep2(makes sense why they already cast an Owen and Beru). Leia and Amidala flee to safety on Alderaan and live for 1-2 years together, but Amidala is sad about what happened to Anakin. Meanwhile Obi-Wan feels that Amidala will be needed in a last ditch effort to bring Anakin to the good side. The Queen leaves Leia at alderaan and goes to save her husband, it all goes wrong and Anakin kills her. Bail tells Leia mom was sick and passed away. Obi-Wan goes on vengeful attack and sends Anakin into the lava pit. Does that theory tie it all together or is it far fetched?

The Maker
Amidala isn't killed by Anakin. She dies because of many things including a broken heart.

Xizor
Your probably rightsmile

UnknownBountyHunter
Xizor, let's keep the sarcasm to a minimum.

Darth Daft
This sounds really evil and cruel and sick, but I kind of wanna see Amidala die in Episode 3. I think it will bring a great tragical and emotional atmosphere to the saga.

Dim
Yes, I can see your point..

Gundark
No way will Amidala commit suicide. That's not in GL's dictionary of "Stuff I Can Actually Put In A Star Wars Movie". George always directs some tiny part of the film toward the little kids and while murder, mayham and monsters are okay, suicide is definately OUT. I think the Queen dies of a broken heart too, I don't think Anakin will kill her or anybody else.

Jedimaster3838
Perhaps she will die trying to protect Anakin. This is really out there but here me out: Anakin and Obi-Wan are fighting and Amidala is watching(she goes with OB1 to try to "help" Anakin but fails), and Obi-Wan is about to cut through Anakin like a hot knife through butter and Amidala tries to stop this by pushing Anakin out of the way, and is accidentally killed by Obi-Wan. Thus Obi-Wan promises the Queen to take care of her children (without Anakin hearing). Then the fighting continues and eventually Obi-Wan knocks Anakin into the lava pit. Or maybe, when Amidala pushes Anakin, its into the lava pit again an accident(but from Anakins view point it was OB1 who pushed him). The queen is mortified and cannot possibly live with herself. She asks Ben to take care of her children, and follows Anakin into the pit. Anakin pulls himself out to see Ben getting on his ship, obviously distraught, assumes the Queen is with him. Palpy then pulls Anakin abroad a Star Destroyer, and builds "the" suit. Palpy tells Vader of the ordeal, but twists the facts, so that Vader thinks Ben pushed him and the queen killed herself as a result and Ben did nothing to stop her. That is how he will find out about the death. Wow, sorry the long post.

Darth Daft
That's a great idea JM3838, but personally I can't really see Obi-Wan accidently killing the queen. It would be a real stupid mistake if you ask me. Not the sort of mistake a Jedi would make.

Xantos Clone
for some reason, I can't get the idea of how Ben int ANH is not really show any feelings of remorse or guilt of sorror for doing anyting like that...when he is finally confronted with vader...

he would be like "look vader...I'm really sorry about killing your wife dude..." or "look, I can explain man!!!" "can we talk about this?!"

he is just like "let's pick up were we left off you evil jerk!!!"

"only a master of evil Darth"...

Darth Daft
I agree Xantos Clone. Obi-Wan would HAVE to feel guilty if he accidently killed Amidala. Although I would like it if Anakin were lead to believe that Obi-Wan killed her and that's what starts off the battle between them.

Xantos Clone
Yes Master, I like that angle too.

I keep getting the feeling it's more of a 'love triagle' thing that could start the hate between them though...

I'm sure other things happen to add fire to it.

Darth Daft
Yes there have been many people who believe that it may be a love-triangle. I like the idea, but don't you think Obi-Wan is a bit old for her? And for some reason, I don't reckon she'd like beards either.

Jedimaster3838
I think having a love triangle would not be a good idea. You saw no hints of Obi-Wan having any feelings for the queen or vice versa in TPM. I could see maybe Palpy making Anakin think there was something going on, but Obi-Wan just doesn't seem like the type to cheat with the woman of his apprentice.

Darth Daft
I totally agree with you, JM38, although it may not be cheating that goes on. Perhaps Amidala just has great feelings for Obi-Wan, although no intimate relationship takes place.

Dim
Or maybe they're just close friends..and Anakin feels threatened by that.

Darth Daft
Yes good point. I still don't think there should be a love triangle at all though. It doesn't seem very Star-Wars-ish.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.