Battle of the LOTR lines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
I've been thinking about starting a thread like this for a couple of weeks now, but everytime I go here I always forget to make it. stick out tongue And no, this is not just for the sole reason as to beat the Matrix Forum or whatever, I just really remembered it right now. wink I hope it will not be closed though 'coz it's still related to LoTR and I think it's kinda "interesting", for lack of a better word. big grin

So, what we have to do is kinda self-explanatory referring from the title. One of you will post two of the most awesome, or heart-breaking, or funny, or impactful, or creepy, or inspiring, any kind of lines from the LOTR trilogy. Then those two lines will have a battle and we as members will vote which line is better. After one quote/line/dialogue gets 7 votes, another line matchup could be thought out. We could also have some quotes from the book.

Anyone can be the score keeper. big grin

You could vote judging by the impact of the line itself, or the expression of the actors while saying them.

So, I'll start:

"Keep it secret. Keep it safe." (Gandalf before leaving Bag End, FOTR)

Vs.

"Is it secret!?!! IS IT SAFE!?!!" (Gandalf arriving at Bad End, FOTR)

I hope someone or anyone will post at all. LOL... stick out tongue

Vote now. big grin

Iirima
"Is it secret!?!! IS IT SAFE!?!!" I just love that line, well, I love them both, both I like how he says it. THERE. I voted. stick out tongue Good thread, I think...

Kitoky
I'd have to say "Keep it secret. Keep it safe." but Ian's expression when he did his 'IS IT SECRET!??! IS IT SAFE?!?!"

shadowy_blue
I also find it hard to vote for one of them..LOL..both good...but I think I will go with...."Is it secret!?! IS IT SAFE!?!!"...because of his expression and exhausted, worried appearance and he scared the hell outta me. big grin

shadowy_blue
oh..Kit..so which exactly do you vote for? smile

Kitoky
"Keep it secret. Keep it safe."

Here's another one-

Legolas' "This way is shut. It was made by those who are dead. And the dead keep it. This way is shut."

Or the Dead Army Leader's "This way is shut. It was made by those who're dead. And the dead keep it. This way is shut."

shadowy_blue
For the new one, the version of the King of the Dead all the way!! big grin I don't dislike Legolas' version..it's just that the KOTD's version is much more better in my opinion and it never fails to give me chills. big grin

shadowy_blue
For the members that will follow...you can still vote what you like better both from the first and second match-up till we get to 7 votes and decide what line won. big grin

So far we have 2-1 in the first match up in favor of "Is it secret!?! IS IT SAFE!?!". We need more votes people! big grin

And in the second one we have 1-0 in favor of the King of the Dead version..Vote now!!big grin

LOL..I sound like an advertisement! laughing

darbanana
that's pretty difficult... Legolas or Dead Amy Leader... I'd say the Dead King for sure, the first time it's like "that's nice Legolas" and then when he said it you're like "Legolas said that before..." but it reinforced it nicely

shadowy_blue
Hi darbanana! big grin Could you also vote for either one of the lines in the first match-up? The "Keep it secret" stuff..just so we could have another vote till we have 7 votes and then we could move on. big grin

samIam
I like the keep it secret keep it safe and I like the dead army leader person!! WHOOO HOOO

ok I have on they are both funny I think

Aragorn: Do not let him speak. He will put a spell on us. (TTT when they see gandalf)

Frodo: it's STICKY! ( ROTK shelobs lair)

shadowy_blue
LOL...Indeed both funny! laughing I just laugh hearing Aragorn saying that though I think it's not supposed to be that funny. laughing

But I voted for "It's Sticky!!" big grin..coz well..it's funnier!! big grin

shadowy_blue
OK..so we have:

First match-up: 2-2 (tie)

Second match-up: 3-0 (King of the Dead)

samIam
yeah me too!! "ITS STICKY "
I was the only person in the theatre who laughed that that parts .. my friends wer like shut up!!!

shadowy_blue
We can just change the vote count. We can decide by 5 votes. big grin

hobbit_lover
I vote for " IT'S STICKY"

angelsflame265
yea when i first heard "it's sticky!!!" i was like lol ummm ok good job frodo

samIam
I know !! seriously .. i mean frodo trips like everycouple seconds in there... he doesn't have to say "its sticky!!" i mean that is something I would say !!

Elondra
How about Legolas's quotes in TT

"You're late" vs. "You look terrible"

jorgeiscool
lets see I would have to vote for "Is it secret? Is it safe?" and The king of the dead's version and for the last one i would choose "You look terrible"

Iirima
All right, now I vote for "IT'S STICKY!"

And the Dead Army's Leader for "this way is shut..."

pip-foot
Is it secret, is it safe

King of the dead version

Its sticky

i thought we wernt supposed to ask a new one till the old one had 7/5 votes. this is getting confusing. i think you should clarify the rrules smile so this doesnt get insanly confusing like the Letter gam (well, that ones confusing for a different reason smile smile

Elondra
Oh sorry

pip-foot
I'm not sure if thats how you play or not??? Thats why i asked for rule clarification

Elondra
Yeah you're right.I didn't read that bit.

pip-foot
Oh. Ok. thanx

pip-foot
i was just gettin kinda confusled confused

Exa
Ok, im a little confused, this is complicated... but I like better

"Keep it secret. Keep it safe" - sounds better.

The Dead King's version because he's simply more conviencing plus he is the one I'd rather trust after this strange stuff legolas says all the time

And "It's sticky!!!"

shadowy_blue
Well yeah, the original rule is that we have to wait till one line gets 5 votes then we can move on, but some posters started to give their own match-ups and I can't do anything about it anymore so yeah,let's just go with the flow, I suppose we don't have to decide what line won, let's just vote and enjoy! big grin

mmmmmm_ob :)
"You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing!" or
"What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea?Dinner? Supper? Do you think he knows about them?"

Exa
Lol two of the best quotes big grin but Il vote for... hm...
"You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing!"

heh heh.....i can think of stuf wen i want to....

jorgeiscool
I think i'll vote for "You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing!"

pip-foot
you need people of intelliagence..." it's in my siggy. but, really anything pippin says rocs, and those are his 2 bst line from FOTR

Kitoky
"The light of the Evenstar does not wax or wane..."

"It is mine to give to whom I will, like my heart."

I personally like, "The light of the evenstar does not wax or wane..."

Iirima
"You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing!" Pippin is so cool, that's my fave quote from him except for ash on my tomatoes!
"It is mine to give to whom I will, like my heart." I don't know why I like this one better, I just DO.

Exa
I prefer "The light of the Evenstar does not wax or wane...", the other one sounds so slimy

Kitoky
I agree Exa, it does....

pip-foot
hey, can you gus quote the one your answering please? It would make things less confusing.

I like teh light of the evenstar does not wax or wane...

the other one was anoying

Leggy_n_Merry
Sorry to vote a bit late but for the first one I say "Keep it secret. Keep it safe" and the rest -

The King of the Dead one even though Legolas' is good too

"It's sticky!" - I agree that was funny laughing it didn't really sound lord of the rings like lol

"What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?" - I like the way he just builds up saying all the different mealtimes. (if you know what I mean)

"It is mine to give to whom I will, like my heart." - I didn't really like the wax and wane one I don't know why.

i didn't like the wax or wane thing.....it reminded me of hair wax?
i'm a lil odd.....

Kitoky
"The red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."

"A diversion."

*smashes down 'A diversion'* DIE YOU DIE!

Iirima
"The red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."

The diversion one is just so...STUPID! Arr.

Exa
the "diversion" was really stupid... i prefer the Red Sun though I also dont really like it, too... well at least theres blood in it big grin

Iirima
Blood is good! I've a violent teenager...

RED! The blood of angry men!

Black! The dark o----oops. d***, I'm singing again!

Exa
big grin big grin big grin

Im not violent (:evilsmile ... but without the blood this quote would be really slimy and ugly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.