Rpg?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Does anyone know where I can find other great SW RPG's? The one here is great but I need something else to take up my time.

Ushgarak
Just about everywhere. There are tons of them at TFN or the sw.com boards.

LanceWindu
Cool I'll go check it out soon.

Ushgarak
They can get a bit mad, though...

LanceWindu
What do you mean?

Ushgarak
Being mostly unregulated you often get the poor sods who are trying to create something good and fun having it ruined by a coupe of idiots who come along and screw everything up.

Some of the larger ones also move along VERY fast!

You should ask Ki-Adi Gallia about this; she's a vet on sw.com

LanceWindu
Oh

So did any of the info about the Vong help you in possibly creating the NJO RPG?

Ushgarak
Most certainly. Thank you very much. I could run it tomorrow were it not for the fact that the plot is partly based on the story currently running, which still has many nad varied ways to run.

LanceWindu
I was thinking about making a RPG for my forum but I have no idea about how to run it.

Ushgarak
Opening up a free-for-all RP is as simple as that; give a basic setting and let the posters take it from there.

Goes fine if all your bad guys don't disappear...

LanceWindu
Well that is way too chaotic, I want one that is well kept like yours. It is neat, trim, and you can keep track of what is going on real easy.

Ushgarak
In that case you need a storyline and a heart of stone that will let you deny what the players want to do somtimes in order to keep the story under control...

LanceWindu
Sounds tough. Is it?

Ushgarak
CAN be, especially a double-sided one. But the players end up doing most of the work for you.

LanceWindu
Oh, maybe I'll just link my site to other RPG's and ask them to link back to my site. That way I can get more hits and they can too.

sand person no. 10
how do i join these mythical rpg's i.e the one here?

Ushgarak
Well, everything you need to know is in the RP area.

sand person no. 10
ah, of course, how conveniently simple!

LanceWindu
Yeah it is simple. Once all your info is in and Ush OK's it you can go right to posting, but not right where we are. Cause we are on a different planet away from Coruscant.

Ushgarak
The first game is always open to all-comers, of course.

But the second game is currently reaching the conclusion of its first episode. We already have two players who will join once the second episode starts (no more than half a month if people keep up the posting); a good time for all RP wannabes to take a look.

LanceWindu
The big ending is coming up soon!

yerssot
You always have to mention that huh? smile

SP, if you join, check story 2 out now, so you can get a clear picture about it all
(and please be actif around there, would be stupid to wait two months for a reply of three lines)

LanceWindu
Yes that really slows the game down too much

yerssot
but rest assure! It's big fun!

LanceWindu
Especially the combats and the dogfights

yerssot
actually, I like the talking a lot more (no chance of dieing smile )

LanceWindu
Even if you die you can come back in another game under a different personality

yerssot
at the rate it's going now, it will take quite a few months

LanceWindu
Well, Ush says it won't. I wonder what the second part is going to be like

yerssot
and you believe him? roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
Somewhat

yerssot
that's why you will fail stick out tongue

LanceWindu
You think I won't last in the game?

yerssot
because I'm going to put your lightsabre in your back wink

(nah, I'll do anything to keep you alive)

LanceWindu
BTW, what color is the blade on your sabre that you gave to me?

yerssot
blue, like your siggie
what's yours?

LanceWindu
Same, in my character description I mention it

yerssot
you know me: lazy cool

I want to RP again! Come on!

LanceWindu
Just a min & I'll be there.

yerssot
pssst! we need the others too!

LanceWindu
Phinney! Wake up and get on the computer and got to the RP thread!

Ushgarak
Ok, gee, I'll move you guys on... damn shame queeq is being forced solo dark side right now- the sychronisation between both sides is delicate.

yerssot
Hey! I wasn't complaining about THAT!

LanceWindu
same here. Why isn't anyone posting in the Dark Side anyways?

Ushgarak
Rex seems to have vanished, which I am worried about but I am sure he will be back soon. if not, I will, regrettably, have to move for him, because it is impossible to ignore him now.

Edna is away for a few days with her choir. She'll be back startbof next week. I can swing that.

LanceWindu
Yeah I heard about how she has to set everything up for her choir.

Ushgarak
Yeah, they run her ragged.

Now, see why I REALLY need Rex right now, eh Lance?

LanceWindu
Yeah, since I'm supposed to be fighting his character right now.

Ushgarak
He's been waiting there for days in real life, Typical, as soon as he goes you guys turn up...

yerssot
well, that WAS our original plan wink

LanceWindu
You mean that they were ahead of us in the story?

They haven't posted much then

Ushgarak
They were a little ahead. But he has been waiitng there for a while, even so!

Anyway. he's back now, so, YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

LanceWindu
Just noticed. I posted in the duel. All he did was a quick flashy move. Nothing offensive though.

yerssot
He thinks you are a master smile
nice going Lance, you scared him already smile

LanceWindu
HaHa. I really hope I learn from this fight.

yerssot
pfff, people needing multiple lightsabres and a lot of guns are weak

LanceWindu
He already threw one away at me.

yerssot
well, I'll PM you with my thoughts, otherwhise he might read this

LanceWindu
That is so true. He already said that he read the light side game. Aren't we not supposed to read the enemies strategy?

yerssot
you are free to do what you want, but it's cheating!

Just use your brains, it's not that hard to know what will be next

LanceWindu
I just can't wait til I give Gald a fatal wound. evil face

yerssot
than do it!!!
We will need you after that

LanceWindu
This is gonna be fun.

yerssot
well, think of some cool lines to say

LanceWindu
I'm trying to. I was thinking of some stuff from the movies.

yerssot
making your own is cool
I already have my line finished when I die by a lightsabre

LanceWindu
So your ready for you death?

yerssot
if you've fought against Queeq, you know you are as good as dead

LanceWindu
Never have and never want to!

yerssot
I hope you're right!
But don't underestimate the powers of the other DJ's

LanceWindu
Oh, don't worry I won't. Those are some bad mother f'ers!

yerssot
depends, just annoy Rex, should work wink

LanceWindu
Break his concentration!

yerssot
... or his legs

LanceWindu
Evil evil face

Ushgarak
Just so people know the official position:

We considered password protecting the LS/DS threads to prevent people looking at each other's plot, but it would have been inconvenient and would also have prevented onlookers from seeing what the game was like, and we would have less players.

In the end, I decided to let people do what they like. You can either keep the surprises or you can read what the other guys are up to. So long as your character never says anything like "Hey! I bet THIS is what the other guys are up to, and so we can stop them like THIS..." (obviously, showing knowledge from the other thread) then I do not mind.

Meanwhile... this thread seems quite popular, but only to concerned parties. Should I set up a General Discussion thread in the RP area where you guys can chat and taunt at each other?

LanceWindu
I'm game that sounds awesome.

Ushgarak
Ok. I'll set it up once this on gets closed.

LanceWindu
Ok. What can we do to make it close???

Ushgarak
Well, I could technically shut it down right now. I may as well let it run its course to 100, though.

Captain REX
You guys being secretive about me? Yerss? Lance?

I'm the only newcomer in the RPG section. I thought of playing early (like when I first registered), but I didn't know anyone yet. So that's why I'm a little out of it. Plus I'm impatient. Doesn't help.

LanceWindu
I guess it is close.

So are me and 'Gald' doing alright for our first sabre battles?

Ushgarak
The fight is fine! BTW, if anyone wants me to give them the numbers involved in who won each round I am happy to do so; I just don't like to clog up the thread with details.

Don't worry, Rex, you've settled in just fine. And assuming we don't lose contact with them (KAG seems to have disappeared) we have new players coming in soon, and I am sure you will look big and scary to them...

LanceWindu
I believe that my character is going to end up on a Jedi Master when this is all through. (If he lives that is)

Ushgarak
The game is designed to run through the entire run of the prequel era. The plots of film and this game will intertwine- but just as TPM was a seetting up movie, so is this. Any characters who survive to that point will, of course, fight in the Clone Wars- even the Dark Side players.

So with years to play through, advancment to Master is entirely possible. The Dark Siders instead have their slow discovery of Sith secrets to progress along.

LanceWindu
So they just might progress quicker than the Light Siders cause they are finding all of these techniques that no one uses now a days?

Captain REX
Wow. That'll be a blast. But let's just hope it doesn't slow down as we transition from Ep. II to Ep. III.

I'm not worried about looking "big and scary," I just want to have fun.

LanceWindu
Pretty much the same with me. Cause if we die by the next chapter we can always come back as someone else. Right Ush?

Captain REX
BTW, I was grounded for the week that I disappeared. I snuck those few posts on Monday and Tuesday. I was grounded for being late on a school report.

LanceWindu
It's been a long time since I've been grounded last.

Well I think Ush got along with out you. Glad to have you back for the duel.

Ushgarak
Advancment on both sides will be equal. Having access to secrets gives the Dark Siders the opportunity to train that is denied to most of their kind.

The Jedi have a support structure, a headquarters and many powerful leaders. Jedi can always advance by default.

Don't worry; there will be plot enough to ensure that there is no slowdown.

Characters can indeed be replaced easily. That said, it's always nice to have a fully developed character. It is actually pretty hard to die in this game. Extreme stupidity can do it; pushing it TOO far and trying to take on an army single handed will do it. Losing a sabre duel by a HUGE amount will do it (so NEVER get into a fight with a clearly superior opponent because he WILL kill you), and if you keep losing sabre fights you are done for as well.

Talking of the Dark Side using the Archive... this entire end sequence determines one of the most vital variables in the game- how much of the Archive do the DJs escape with? The only way to stop them getting any of it is to kill all of them- unlikely. It is equally unlikely that they will escape with as much as they want.

Which is why I was worried when the Jedi's seemed ready to return to Coruscant- the DJs would have gotten ALL of the archive! Which would have chnaged things...

LanceWindu
BUT, we came back to the planet.

LanceWindu
Hey Gald, your turn to attack buddy!

Captain REX
You mean, you've manipulated the Light-side Jedi to stop the Dark-side. That's horrible! wink

Ushgarak
For which the Galaxy can be grateful; it has bad enough things coming as it is!

Captain REX
You said that these current games only go through the Prequel-era. That gives me an idea. How about you have the off-spring or relatives of the Prequel-era games go through the events of the Original-era. With Imperials and all that stuff? Just a suggestion.

LanceWindu
That would be kinda cool. Just if they are children you better get to making them or else they won't exist. Cause I'm gonna kill you boy.

Ushgarak
Let me see... Lance, combine the facts that I asked you for details of the NJO era, for a game set then, and then said I couldn't run it yet because it depended on the outcome of events in the game currently running.

Yup; I have a later era semi-sequel to the whole current campaign currently planned. Yo do not necessarily play descendants of your current character, though, and there are not two sides. You would play members of the New Republic armed forces or a member of the NJO itseld.

LanceWindu
Also if it was set in the OT. We cold only play as Rebels or Imperials not Jedi cause Palpy extinguishes almost all of them.

Ushgarak
A game set during the OT is always possible but I have not come up with a good storyline yet; we can always start a free-for-all during it.

And yes- there could be no Jedi at all in such a game, on either side.

This is why I thought the NJO would be a better era.

LanceWindu
The 100th post in this thread. Time to start the discussion area for the RP Forum.

Ushgarak
Gosh, you are so literal... ok, I'll close this off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.