Witch craft

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eno11
i'vebeen doin witchcraft for nearly 2 months an nothings gone wrong canany1 tell me why people dnt like me doin it

Fire
you can do what the hell you want as long as it does not harm anyone I kow

PadfootsPyrefly
Maybe their scared of you, and thats why they don't like it...

Corran
People fear what they don't understand.

rusky
Now that's one of the wisest things I've heard in a while. yes

Dexx
umm..maybe they think you should lay off the mescaline? happy

NyC-gUrL
I like people who practice witchcraft yes I think its really interesting and I wouldnt mind doing it myself if I'd have the time to do itsad

ash007
hey we live in a modern society and i have no problem with witches.

total metalhead
too busy shopping right?

rusky
laughing out loud again

thorncrawler
i haven't got a problem, i'm going out with a girl who practices witchcraft! and as long as it doen't hurt me there is no problem, in fact it makes buying presents easy!

NyC-gUrL
laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic) you know me too well

Corran
I've read books on witchcraft and it's nothing to be scared of at all. From what I understand it can be very useful to help people focus themselves to achieve things or to help get over problems and find solutions, the 'spells' and rituals are mostly just ways of focusing and 'spelling out' what you want to achieve, if it helps people meet their goals then it can't be all that bad.

eno11
i feel that most people practicing witchcraft for the first time are just doin somethin that they feel they were ment to do cause thats how i've felt since i started and does ne1 know where to get any decent spell books on the net?

Corran
amazon.

Asami
What do you practice? I know very little about Pagenism. But I once watched this late night programme about teen girls practicing witchcraft - "flirting spells" I thought WTF?!

Ok - there was something to do with dropping blood into a cup and they all had to drink it. But they were to scared to cut themselves so they SPAT! Disgusting. They said its ok because its still bodily fluids. So why the hell didn't they just drink each other's urine?!

Centuries ago you would have been stoned to death, luckily these days things as such are often seen as myth.

SAtown_punk
America has a warped sense of what Wicca and Witchcraft is really about. I am studying Wicca, and I must say, I love it. It really is just about self-enhancement. Just like Buddhism. So why is Buddhism accepted, but Wicca/Witchcraft is looked down upon? Like I said, because of a warped idea. Most people believe Wicca is associated with "The Devil" and that the people practicing it are killing and drinking the blood and flying on broomsticks and raising the dead, etc. In reality, witches don't even believe in a devil. They don't believe in anything evil. They banish anything evil. The pentagram is a sign of empowerment, and it is used as a charm to give witches strength. It is not a demonic symbol. And to fix another myth, Witches believe in God. They just believe that God has both male and female qualities, so they pray to "The Lord" and "The Lady". Wicca is a great religion.

For the record, Wicca, Witchcraft, and Paganism are 3 different things. They are all called witches, but Wiccans don't use many spells. And there are no such things as warlocks. Male witches are called witches.

The girls that used a flirting spell are complete morons. You NEVER cast a spell that can interfere with another's free will. Remember the rule of 3(whatever you do will come back threefold, good or bad).

Decent spell books...First of all, do you know how to cast a Magick circle, and call on the Lord and Lady, and summon the 4 elements? Because those are all essential to spell casting. Secondly, only do spells when you are really comfortable with yourself and the Lord and Lady. Third, remember never to cast a spell that can interfere with another's free will. Fourth, just go to a public library or to a bookstore. a great Wiccan author is Silver Ravenwolf. Her Books, "Teen Witch", "To Ride A Silver Broomstick", "To Stir a Magick Cauldron" and "Solitary Witch" are great. Another great Wiccan author is Scott Cunningham, who writes his books mainly for Solitaries(wiches who practice alone, rather than in covens.). Read Silver Ravenwolf's books in that order, and you will be set to start casting spells. In fact, you can start casting spells at the end of "Teen Witch" because Silver gives you some spells to try out. I strongly reccomend her books.

Hope that helps you.

Lara
corran is right, ppl dont like what they cant comprehend, its a well-known fact. but wiccanry predates every other existing religion.
ppl just dont like "different". do whats right for you and if they dont like it that is no validation for you to change yourself just to fit in with the crowd. be what you want to be not what others want you to be.

cheeky munkey
i totaly agree, anyone who actually looked into wicca would realise that those practicing it dont cast bad spells because they come back threefold... i have couple of books on it, im not practising but i find it really interesting, besides, wiccans believe in nature and all stuff like that, they definately dont worship the devil.
people only have a problem with it becuz they dont really no anything about it.
my friend is a wiccan, and shes great. theres nothing wrong with it, its like a religion, like SAtown_punk says
if anyone has a problem with it jus tell them u have no problem with them being catholic or watever, and besides, every1 is allowed their own beliefs... (sorry, that was a bit of an essay)

SAtown_punk
Wicca isn't even a hundred years old. Paganism dates way back, but Wicca is fairly new. Also, it is a certified religion as of the mid-90's. Legally, I mean. But most people choose not to accept it as a "real" religion because they don't understand it.

Darth Revan
well uh... lemme think here... Maybe it could be because "spells" don't actually do anything?
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against it--like somebody else already said, it's more about awakening yourself to reality than anything else, like Buddhism. Though, I am studying (not seriously, just reading up on it and doing a bit of meditation) Buddhism, and according to what I have read, it isn't considered a religion by those who practice it at all. It's more of a philosophy. Just wanted to clear that up as long as we're discussing religion wink
And Wicca is more of a "real" religion than any of those creepy "Christian" cults...

By the way, watch out if Force sees this thread

Krabs55
yea people are afraid of it b/c we used to kill witches..thats why

NyC-gUrL
They used to call every woman with a weight under 90 lbs a witch and they used to burn them alive.

Darth Revan
I could go on and on about how they used to kill witches...

They used to put 'em on one side of a big scale with the two volumes of the Plymouth bible, which is huge, on the other side, and if they weighed less, they were a witch
They also tied them up and threw them in ponds if they floated they were a witch ("clean water rejects evil"wink if they sank they weren't and they just let them drown that's got to be about the stupidest thing I've ever heard
They put these nasty looking metal masks on that pried a person's mouth open then they'd pour hot stuff down their throats
And a lot more mean stuff that I'm too lazy to type

bjladd
From a genuinely biblical Christian perspective, God died for the sins of all mankind--to very much include the sins of witches. What God says on witchcraft is that it is a very grave sin--really, the sin of rebellion. For us, mankind in general, to sin is to really usurp God's natural position as Lord over our own lives and to try to live without Him and His wisdom, goodness, purity, life, etc... and to do so means loss of fellowship with Our loving creator. To think that we are exempt from sin is to contradict the way God Himself really does look at us.

But there is hope. And that hope from the escape of sin lies in accepting the punishment Jesus, God's only begotten son, bore on the cross for us 2,000 years ago. By freely accepting that punishment, He provided a way for sinful man to finally stand before God--redeemed from a life of choosing to live without God.

Now, when you find in Christian history some brief examples of people taking matters into their own hands and playing "God," I submit that they didn't really understand the loving message of the cross. The Salem Witch Trials and a few of the persecutions done by "believers" over the ages are easily explained by this fact that they weren't practicing the gospel--at least not the gospel that's described in the Bible. What people commonly attack as "Christian" really isn't Christian at all... And you can be sure that God is grieved over it more than we are.

No, my friends, God Almighty loves witches. He loved (and continues to love) them so much that He paid the price for their sins... and if they ask Him into their hearts, He will forgive them and call them His very own sons and daughters. He came to set free the captives and to deliver those in bondage. He is not a Lady, and He is not a Lord... He is The Lord and There is only One God. He cares for us and He loves us with a purer love than we can ever know. I thank Him for that and for His everlasting grace and mercy.

clavis9495
if it were a hundred years ago I wouldnt get burned eek! big grin

badkittykitty
We have found a witch. May we burn her?

Corran
Go on lets, I'll get the marshmallow.

badkittykitty
Happy Dance yay!

silver_tears
marshmallows eek! I'm in devil

and I find nothing wrong with Witch Craft as long as it doesn't bother me, what people do on their own time is their business, if they can live with themselves, and don't harm others then so be it big grin

yerssot
that's it! corran has to be in charge of the snacks when we meet big grin

Corran
I thought you or Fire would be, you can bring along the KaasKrokotten.

silver_tears
what is that?
and why is it not coming up on the yahoo search engine confused

yerssot
dude! it wouldn't be the same without them smile
Fire lurves being in charge of snacks, so I guess he will take them

SAtown_punk
bjladd...In the middle agaes, King James took the Bible and had it translated the way he wanted it, so who's to say that the bible you read is right? I believe in god, and witches believe in god.

Did you know that Mary Magdalene WAS NOT a temple prostistute? She was running a temple to the goddess, who is "the lady" in Wicca/witchcraft. The men of the time wanted the lady removed, and that's why we all have the picture of god as being a man. Also...In genesis, it says Cain slew Abel and then went to land of Nod and got married. If Adam and Eve were the first people, who did Cain marry and elope with? We know he had kids, and we also know through genetics that if it has been inbred, we would all be deformed. Also, it has been proven that gorillas perform funeral rites. If they can't possibly read the bible, then who are they praying to? This shows that there is something more powerful than a bible at work. Maybe you should read between the lines and look deeper into meanings, because just because the bible says one thing, it doesn't necessarily mean that exact thing.

We all have our own beliefs, and witches believe in the very same god you do.

stoner girl
Ive a "witch" 4 1 year and people don`t mind as long at i don`t put a cures on them. just remember if u put a cures on someone y get it back 10 times worse. just be careful on what spells u do and what spells u cast on people. and u should use protection spell on u b4 u start a spell bunny rolling on floor laughing

NyC-gUrL
3 times worse, hon

"Ever mind the rule of three,
What you send out comes back to thee."

Herr Logan
They don't like it because they are either a cowardly Christian, like some people here, or a paranoid, practical person, like me. I don't like it when people claim to practice witchcraft because it means they're not being honest about it, or they are being honest and they're crazy. When I start trying to climb walls like Spider-Man and claim to see through walls like Superman, you're welcome to judge me the same way.
People who truly believe they can work magic-- or mysticism, or whatever you've got your little heart set on calling it-- aren't trustworthy. They are not on the same level, intellectually and mentally, as people who can be counted on to take care of things in the real world. The religious types, they hate you because they are small, insecure people and your nonsense beliefs contradict their own nonsense beliefs. That's an invalid reason, but then, they are in the same boat as you. Not worthy of trust and credibility, but worthy of suspicion. With so many schizophrenics and the like being ignored and going without treatment, it would be irresponsible for people to just accept you for your beliefs. We wouldn't want to ignore people in need of psychiatric care, would we? How can compassion stay alive if we just lie to you and tell you that you're normal? Unless of course you are like 99% of people who claim to take part in witchcraft and are just entertaining a youthful phase that will pass over when the next fun thing comes along. Time will tell.

Phoenix
I'm writing a fic, and I want to include some wicca/pagan stuff. Can anyone PM me some things? I want to be accurate...

eno11
if any1wants 2 know anythin bout wiccajust ask ivegotloadsa stuff

FireTiger
As a student of the old ways myself, I find nothing wrong with it nor do I with any religion. Its not harming anyone is it?

SAtown_punk
HerrLogan, you have the hollywood version of what witchcraft is. Why don't you research it before you criticize the people practicing it. Witchcraft is about self-enlightenment, not unlike Buddhism. Witches worship nature. Witches are VERY trustworthy, except for those who practice black magick. "Good" Witches really just want to keep to themselves, not scare anybody.

FireTiger
*claps* thanks SAtown punk...smile

eno11
if any1 knows any thin bout wicca protection spells pls tell me i dnt know any

VENOMfan
no expression.........................a guy tried to turn me into a frog once, seriously...he probably did it wrong becuase im not a frog.

sorry...im not much help here embarrasment

VENOMfan
a little off topic...but we need a ninja thread ninja shuriken

Ushgarak
Merged

thorncrawler
eno11 what type of protection spell are you looking for?

VENOMfan
merged?............well...i could post a link with a ninja site that has some badass trick's you can learn, like how to make absolutley no noise, yes possible and rad at the same time!

eno11
anythin 4 when im doin spells

thorncrawler
well how do you do your spells, with runes, or gems, or herbs, or words, what type of wicker are you?

eno11
i dnt really know we do sumthin called the 4 watch towers but thats all i know

eno11
we mainly use words an gems

thorncrawler
shall we take his to pm?

eno11
i cant it wont work 4 me

NyC-gUrL
gems work the best for me

thorncrawler
i have used lots of things

eno11
what would u say is the safest thing 2 use

thorncrawler
personnaly i would say resurch as many as you can and make up your own mind, cos i'm a very spiritual guy, so at the moment i am just working with chi spells!

NyC-gUrL
candlemagick and gems are the most accurate..at least with me, I dont know what the safest thing is though..

eno11
wat r chi spells

eno11
thanx 4 the information i shaltry that l8r

thorncrawler
chi is an energy expled by all living things, you must concentrate and "find your chi", then you can bend it how you please, its also the basis for astral-projection!

eno11
cool how do u do that

thorncrawler
you have to er... basically sit in a quite room, possibly insence for the first couple of times, and just concentrate on seeing yourself, from a third person, and then try and be with yourself, you should be able to kinda sit in yourself, but not see, thru your eyes, and you should feel warm, and at peace, its really hard to describe, tonight try and just completely relax and thats the best way to start

NyC-gUrL
they say that if you see yourself through the eyes of a primitive 3rd person (like you know, the first humans that walked the earth, who didnt know how to speak etc. yet) that works the best. I have problems concentrating though, I always have other things on my mind. WHat should I do about that?

thorncrawler
have you tryed insence, i used that to start it of, get your favourite smell and surround your self in it

NyC-gUrL
no havent tried it yet (just candles) but I will. Thanks

eno11
NyC-gRL do u do much witchcraft or do u just watch

thorncrawler
it's ok, but keep a window open a touch, cos i have a small room and i set of the smoke detector, cos i went under my door!

eno11
4 me it would probably be dragon's blood can it be used in any other way

thorncrawler
again i say what ways do you use it?

NyC-gUrL
I do it occasionally. I've never watched anyone do it though, but Ive always been interested in witchcraft.

eno11
me 2 but a lot of the time stuff goes really wrong

thorncrawler
thats the thing with chi, you have to believe it will work and will go right then i can

eno11
im not tlkin bout chi im tlkin bot my spells

thorncrawler
i know i was just saying

eno11
i tried that chi thingy but it doesnt seem to work can u give me any advice

Herr Logan
You're acting your age for sure, little man. I don't have the wrong idea at all. I never said that black magic was scary. I never gave any credibility to your little rituals at all. You missed the point I was making. Let me try again, and try to keep up this time.

Practicing witchcraft is similar to the ancient Greeks and Romans making offerings to their gods. It's a primitive and uneducated thing to do. However, it's worse than that, because we live in an age where people should know better than to believe in such nonsense, so I have much less respect for Wiccans than I do ancient primitive people.
Wiccans are not trustworthy because they are either stupid or crazy, not unlike every religion in existence. They worship nature, you say? That's exactly why intelligent people shouldn't trust them. The fact that they worship anything at all means they aren't on the same level as rational people. Grow up and stop justifying your little fantasy world. As I said before, when I claim that I can see through walls like Superman and jump over canyons like the Hulk, then you are welcome to judge me as I've judged you people. If you act irrational, you're going to be called irrational. It's something adults like to call "cause and effect", and something most people call honesty. I know honesty isn't something with which you're familiar. You have to be honest with yourself before you can be honest with other people. If you believe the lie that witchcraft and other religious practices is more than a child's game, then every time you tell someone what you believe, you are lying to them as well. Does that make sense to you?
I never said you were trying to scare people. I said you were scary because you're not right in the head, and you could end up being president or something. No one is afraid of Wiccans except for other stupid religious people. I pretty much told you that, didn't I? Your nonsense beliefs contradict their nonsense beliefs, and because they are also weak-minded and insecure, that actually matters to them. Grow up, all of you.
I can't wait to see what kind of nonsense you come up with next. Probably you'll lie some more about your "nature worshipping," and you'll throw around weak, meaningless terms like "closed-minded." I'm outside your little fantasy, and you're in the middle of it. I'd call that more open-minded, because I'm not blinded by fairy tales and pretentious airs like you are. That's what I hate most about Wiccans, they are pretentious posers who will grow out of it within a few years or they really have a serious mental condition that makes them unfit to be part of decent society, just like cult leaders, pious Christians, and other religious nuts.

SAtown_punk
In all actuality, Logan, this is nothing more than your opinion, and you are entitled to it. But I daresay you have no right to call Wiccans and/or christians and/or anybody who worships something "irrational", "stupid" or "crazy". They are none of these things they choose to believe in something, whether it's because they want to believe there is somewhere they can go when they die, or maybe it's because they just want to believe that not everything we do is bad. Whatever the reason, you have no right to say that they are wrong for worshiping a god. You also have no right to say that the things that witches or christians practice are lies. That is your opinion as well, and do not bash the people who believe such things.

Nobody in their right mind claims to be able to see through walls and jump over canyons. Witches don't claim this, and I don't know where you are getting this misconception.

I don't necessarily believe in a god, and I think organized religion is a sham, but that doesn't mean I'm right. Maybe there is a god of some sort, and all the religions have gotten it all wrong. But that's irrelevant because it is ultimately a decision of what you, and you alone, want to believe. My age has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and you saying that I'm a "little boy" and I should "grow up" is completely asinine. The fact that I'm 16 does not take away from the fact that I know what I'm talking about, that I'm well-educated, and that I can engage in civil conversations such as this. I would ask to not bring up my age again, as it holds no precedence over what I'm trying to say.

Herr Logan
Granted. I will not bring up your age again. I do, however doubt your statement that you know what you are talking about. You say I have "no right" to cast aspersions on you or anyone else's beliefs. How is that consistent with the viewpoint that you seem to be promoting? You relish your freedom of religion, and therefore you must grant others freedom of speech, yes? What I'm saying is that if you want to come at me and say I'm wrong, go ahead, as long as you back it up with hard facts. However, telling me I "have no right" defeats your own argument. Also, it's completely redundant to point that what I say is my opinion. Also, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not entitled to it because I'm another one of God's children, or American, or whatever rationale states my entitlements. I'm entitled to it because I'm right, it makes sense, and because my views do far less harm than those who disagree with me. Generally, when it comes to important things, I tend to choose my opinions based on what makes sense, not what feels good. My opinion is merely that people who talk about spells, cures, the "power of Mother Nature," God or gods, or anything of that nature as concrete parts of real life are not to be trusted and rarely respected. Hell, one of my best friend is a Christian, and it bothers the hell out of me, but since fighting over a flaw that he isn't going to change about himself will only lead to misery, I overlook it. That's why it's easier to be honest on the Internet-- there's nothing to lose by telling the weak-minded how weak they are. Nothing except valuable time that could be spent on schoolwork or other constructive activities. Gods bless the Internet.

thorncrawler
herr logan i dont want to enter in to the arguement, but just state my mind, i don't clame to be wican or a witch or mystical, i believe in chi, or energy, i believe that i can feel the chi and in some ways control it, i would in no way try to "convert" anyone, i am happy to talk about it with anyone and hear their oppinions, now don't try and say that i am miss-guided or weak-minded, cos i am a counsiler at a local college and i am fairly down to earth, but since i found my chi, i have been happier, with myself and my surroundings.

Herr Logan
Wow, I must have spent all my hostility on the other 8 or so posts I just made. I don't feel the need to tear you a new one, yet, thorncrawler. Give me time, I'll recover. wink

My point of view on chi and so forth is the same as it is for anything that can't be concretely proven. It's not real, but it's real for you. People who believed in it gave it a name, and therefore created it. I have nothing against it, overall. It's how some people choose to look at themselves to get them through this hellhole we call life. It's the same with religion, but the problem lies in that religion has contributed to more horror, cruelty, hatred and bloodshed than any other organized human phenomenon. Chi doesn't hurt anyone, I suppose (except in video games like Tekken).

All I can say is, don't expect me to have much respect or tolerance for this New Age/ancient technique stuff. My fiance, with whom I live, is just this side of being a granola-crunching, sandal-wearing, hackey-sack kicking hippie, and it's hard enough to reign in my cynicism in everyday life at home. I don't have enough tolerance left to show it to people on the Internet who come off like crackpots.

You stated your case well, and I see nothing overtly stupid, harmful or excessively deceitful about what you said, so I've no problem with you.

thorncrawler
thank you for accepting me, i feel that like you put it "get them through this hellhole we call life." is exactly why i work with chi, cos life is a b!tch, and i used to be really angry, but im not now!

FireTiger
its good to know tolerance is practiced so well here at KMC...I don't care what people do with their freetime, or what religion they choose to be, but the only thing I ask is for people to actually respect me. You can hate me, love me, hell want to kill me (yes there is an ex out there that is currently under a restraining order for this) but if you want me to respect you then you have to respect me. I am laid back, Ush and yerssot and guys can cover that. After reading your posts Login I will say that I was upset, but if its your thoughts, views and beliefs, so be it. I will not fault you for such.

Herr Logan
Real nice. "I will not fault you for such." I get this crap from hardcore pansy-ass Christians, too. That patronizing no-judgment nonsense. I'm not impressed with your vapid, blindly accepting outlook. If you're upset with what I said, it's either because I'm wrong and you don't like that, or I'm right and I hit you where you live. I'd ask you to clarify which is it, but I don't expect you have the insight to admit what some part of your intellect must be telling you, and I don't expect you will even try to present a valid basis for objection if you choose to believe I am wrong.

All that aside, I have a question. What are the circumstances leading to your ex's restraining order? Does it have anything to do with Wicca, or is it just the typical ******* stalker routine? I think it's terrible that this kind of thing happens. Don't feel you have to talk about it if you don't want to. I just can't stand it when people act like predators. I hope you don't have further problems with this guy.

FireTiger
As for the non judging thing...I was brought up that way...not to judge others. My parents raised me thus, nothing to do with my religion. As for the vapid and blind outlook, I have looked over the situation and decided that I rather than continue such an argument, I'd rather find the middle ground, why spend the rest of my life arguing. I could be doing something better, like learning another language.

As for the stalker ex, he has valid reason to want to see me, but I have told him no over and over again. He threatened to kill me is my reasons for not wanting to see him and he has decided since I was carrying his child during our relationship that we should be closer, and together still...Not to be rude, but no man will dictate what I can and cannot do with my life.

Herr Logan
That's not rude at all. No man or woman should be able to dictate what you can or can't do, barring criminal restrictions. I hope he doesn't bother you again. However, you should never let your guard down as long as he knows where you are. I'm a criminology and criminal justice major, very interested in this kind of behavior, and I know that the danger of situations like this one should never be underestimated. Good luck to you.

SAtown_punk
Let me ask you something, Logan...what exactly are your reasons for not believing in a god? There is nothing wrong with that, by no means. I'm simply curious. I study Wicca because I like the things they believe. If there is a god, I like that witches make "him" both male and female. I'm not so sure that it's really possible to cast spells, but who is? I'm not a witch, or a christian, or anything like that. Maybe i'm quasi-agnostic, I don't know. I'm just wondering what happened in your life that made you not want to believe in a god.

Herr Logan
Right. It must be a deep-seated trauma that makes me an agnostic, right? That's the only thing that could make me take the position that to worship an imaginary friend and expect others to do the same is lunacy, right? Is this supposed to sound like compassion and understanding? That's an ignorant, naive point of view.

I'm comfortable being honest here because I'm at no risk from anyone who disagrees with me, I'm right, and no one who talks about figments of their imagination as if they were real and had power over the world can possibly prove otherwise. I have, among other things a condition called dysthymia. It's basically depression for your entire life. You know how most people who get depressed have occasional periods of misery and then they're fine afterward? It doesn't work like that for people like me. I've seen plenty of misery in my life, and it never made me choose to not believe in a god. If anything, it made me entertain paranoid ideas about a sadistic God who liked to write my life like some kind of twisted sit-com for his amusement. And just when I was convincing myself to go ahead and off myself, something would come along to attract my attention to keep me around for a while longer. I figured that was God giving me just enough of a break to keep me around for more sadistic fun.

Those are, or were my beliefs on God. The difference between me and the weak-minded, pretentious sheep who claim to worship or know anything about God (or gods) is that I never tell anyone else they should spend time on an imaginary deity. I am more honest and have more integrity than anyone who has ever said to another person "God is like this" or "you must do this for God" or anything like that. I can admit that my beliefs are simply delusions. If you can't, then you're a filthy coward who isn't worth my respect. That's my view of all people who claim that God is real. It's a delusion, because no one can prove it. I have my ideas, and they stay ideas, not gospel.

You understand the difference now? I like that you at least said "If there is a god," and didn't tell me a fairy tale in the form of fact. That means you aren't a filthy coward like the Christians I have encountered. Wiccans aren't even worth calling cowards and liars, because it's almost always a temporary phase in youth. Only crazy people stay Wiccan long-term. These are the people who get hauled into family court and have their children taken away because they are unfit parents. That's a tiny percentage of Wiccans. Most of them are high school girls who don't have a lot of friends or confidence in themselves. I was an outcast, too. You don't see me claiming to "practice magic" or in any way relate to the primal forces of nature to make it all better. That's pretentious nonsense. You respect nature, fine. Don't romanticize it and expect me to care or respect it. Almost every soul on this planet who claims to love nature doesn't really understand it. Nature is beautiful and powerful and it is also dangerous and unforgiving. It is everything you have ever seen in your life and everything you ever will see. the word "nature" describes everything, and therefore nothing. Don't give me that romantic nature nonsense. It's meaningless.
I use my imagination to escape, just like Wiccans, but I don't profess my delusions to be real, like billions of dishonest cowards do.

PrefectRonnykin
post to long hurts my eyes stick out tongue

SAtown_punk
I can completely understand where you are coming from, and I respect your beliefs. I also hate those "holier-than-though" christians who tell others that they have to act a certain way to get in to "heaven". That's the very reason I despise organized religion as well as church in general. What I like about Wicca is that they don't tell you how you're supposed to worship. They don't force you on a belief structure and say "If you don't do this, then you're going to hell". They don't even believe in a hell. And if you are Wiccan, then you also have the right to practice other religions. I think that's a good thing, assuming you want to practice a religion at all. Those are just my feelings. But as I said, I completely understand yours, and by no means am I going to say they are wrong, because they aren't.

Sir Bob III
i hate people like that too

and im catholic i dont care about cursing or witchcraft whatever floats your boat

berserk
I'm a christian, and witch craft no matter what form is spawned from hell.

SAtown_punk
You're completely mistaken, berserk. Wiccans don't een believe in hell OR Satan...so how is it spawned from hell?

berserk
I don't care what they believe. Thats what i believe. So whats your point? their entitled you their beliefs and I'm entitled to mine. To answer your question; the reason all magic and witch craft is spawned from hell is because it is writen very clearly in the bible, which I believe in.

Herr Logan
Berserk, isn't it time for your nap? What a little sheep you are. Everyone get a good look at this guy. He's exactly what is wrong with people who have "faith." Wiccans are just as bad as Christians when it comes to intelligence. At least the old-school Wiccans accidentally came up with a lot of medicine. They may be stupid, but at least the hardcore ones don't try to convert people and tell them which unholy dimension they'll spend the rest of their life. And real Wiccans do not call themselves "witches." I'm not defending Wiccans, because they are stupid, just like all religious people, but there is a distinction. It's a way to tell the real loonies from the fad-chasing teenagers.
You Christians need to grow up. It's a book. It was written by mortal men. Don't expect anyone with half a brain to take you seriously when your best argument is "because it was written in the Bible." Moron.

berserk
logan, I really feel sorry for you. are you so angry that you resort to isulting my inteligence? thats pretty pathetic, and just so you know I have a doctorate in history so I am not a "moron".

"They may be stupid, but at least the hardcore ones don't try to convert people and tell them which unholy dimension they'll spend the rest of their life" can't really spend the rest of your life somewhere if your dead can you?

at what point in my post did I try to convert anyone? I simply stated my opinion on the topic and my faith. it's really sad to get angry over a internet forum, and it's pretty pathetic and weak to insult someone in one as well. coward

periera
not trying to be an ass or anything, just pointing out that you may want to practice what you preach.

Herr Logan
"Resort" to insulting your intelligence? I was born insulting your intelligence, churchy. You and every other brainwashed sheep who can't think for themselves. You're nothing but a slave, and it means nothing that you feel sorry for me when you aren't even sorry for your own failure as a human being. Human beings are quite a magnificent animal, imbued with the potential to create beautiful and horrible things. Most of us are able to use 10% of this brain, but you don't even do that much, do you? A doctorate, eh? Well, that sure shows me what's what. I'll tell you, if I was a hard worker, I could be working on my doctorate, too, or a law degree or something. Congratulations, you've proven you have enough smarts to jump through hoops in graduate school like a dolphin. Now try proving that you're smart enough to use your mind and not some antiquated piece of slavery-promoting propaganda. Your mind is enslaved, and you deserve it, because you allowed it to happen and you haven't broken free in the amount of years it takes to grow up and get a doctorate. Honestly, I figured you were a pre-teen or something when I saw your post, but apparently, you're three years older than I am. I'll remember that next time I feel insecure about how much I should have accomplished in my life thus far. I'll always know I use my own mind, free of religious deceit, and at least I'm not a 25-year old Sunday-school slave. Have a blessed Sunday, and may your wool keep you warm. Sheep.

Extol
i dunno, but ive heard stories of so called "satan worshipers" geting "visited" in the night. i would not mess with the dark spirits.

periera
In my research done on Wicca, I found that they don't believe in a Hell or a Satan, so they couldn't be classified as Satan worshippers. Never heard anything about anyone being visited in the night, either.

Herr Logan
Satan worshipers getting visited in the night? Hey, you ever heard of the KKK? Ever seen that awful recent sequel to the movie "Carrie?" People considered hated or outcasts in a community tend to get visited plenty, all over the world. It's got nothing to do with dark spirits. Just evil people with too much time on their hands.

FireTiger
Logan, I am trying to keep my guard up against this guy and thank you for wishing me luck. He tried to call my dorm this weekend, my roomate was here, and I was home...she had his number blocked on the campus phone lines....I hate psycho exs.

Herr Logan
FireTiger, if I knew you and lived near you, I'd have a conversation with this guy that might convince him that it's a bad idea to do what he's been doing. An intense conversation. It would require a mop afterwards.
As it is, I advise you to find a new place to live if he knows where you are. I know that may not be easy with you being in college, but it's an option you should consider. I advise you to let your friends know who he is, what he looks like, and what he's capable of. Know how to contact campus security in emergencies. Maybe make friends with some big, burly guys (not frat brothers) who can be trusted and hang out with them often. You should learn some self-defense if you don't already know it and consider carrying a something to protect you like pepper spray and a telescoping steel baton. Good luck.

FireTiger
those are all good things, another thing is I might be moving to Japan next year. I had the campus security informed if anyone sees his car they are to escort him off the campus immeadiately or call the police. As for the self-defense I am a student of Haidong Gumdo...so I have an oak sword in the room. Not to mention being born in the projects, pepper spray is my best friend.

thank you again, have I mentioned I hate the court systems of the USA.

Herr Logan
I'm with you on that one. Friggin' revolving-door courts and prisons. The criminal justice system is impotent, and most people are cowards. I'm glad you know how to fight, because the system sure as hell ain't gonna protect any of us. I actually don't know much about fighting with any skill, but because I don't rely on the government to protect my loved ones and I, I know how to kill and how to convince people not to bother me and mine.

SK88728
i wanna learn how to do spells and stuff liek that, but i want it for FREE big grin

SAtown_punk
Berserk...like Logan said, the Bible was written by mortal men. And according to your Bible, men are not perfect. For you to think that they could have gotten it all right is plain gullibility. Not to mention the fact that in the 1600's, King James I made his own version of the Bible. Do you honestly think that he didn't change a thing? He definitely had the authority to do it. He despised witches. So much, in fact, that he ordered the execution of a number of them. Perhaps that is why the Bible frowns on the practice of witchcraft. I can also say that those things you read about witches in the Bible are written in the Old Testament. Read the book of Leviticus, and the ridiculous rules that it says to follow. Most of the well-known scholars of the Bible don't even regard the majority of the Old Testament, other than the Ten Commandments.

eno11
berserk y is it that u despise witches so much i have no problems with christians and they have no problems wiv me so i dnt get y u say its because ur a christian

SAtown_punk
Maybe he doesn't understand it. People tend to fear what they don't understand. And most christians in general have this intense fear of witchcraft, saying it's the spawn of satan and things like that. That's completely ludicrous, and it's with great pleasure that I tell them that they have been severely misinformed. But what else would you expect?

eno11
i know what ur sayin most christians r 2 big headed

berserk
satown punk didn't you say you were catholic? your obviously not. anyway why is what I believe so much worse than what you believe, and logan i havn't even read anything you've posted since you have nothing useful to say accept bashing people with faith. SAtown punk I will address your arugment of the bible being written by mortal men since it is a very good point. My veiw used to be the same as yours, but I decided to find out for myself if the traslation into king james version had lost some of the original meaning. All my research yeilded that there was absolutely no loss in meaning, the translation was done very well. If you don't believe me do the research for yourself.

also if that is you in that picture you have good taste in dogs. I also have boxers.

eno11 to answer your question, the reason I say that about witches is because the christian faith makes it very clear that witchcraft is evil. I believe that everyone has a right to believe how they wish but I can't with witchcraft because of what my spirituality tells me. Because I believe this way does not mean that I go out everyday and beat up witches and what not, but I will not hang around someone who practices it. anyway thats it in a nutshell. I also agree that most christians are arogant and unaccepting. I really try not to be one of the I'm better than you christians and if I've come across like that to you I am truly sorry.

eno11
im not tryin 2 dis christians as most of ma m8 are but they dnt have a problem wiv me bein a wiccan

SAtown_punk
I never said I was catholic. I'm not catholic.

I'm not saying that King James made a mistake. I'm just saying that he could easily have changed anything he wanted to. All religions, before Judaism, were either hedonistic or matrifocal, meaning that their God possessed both male and female qualities. Even early Judaism had a duo-divinity god. Why did this change? Why did God suddenly become "he"? Why was Mary Magdalene portrayed as a temple prostitute, when in reality she was running a temple devoted to the goddess? Because the book was written by men, and sexism was extremely high during this period. So they take out anything associated with the goddess, and now we have the holy book that you read today. It's absurd to think that humans are infallible, and therefore absurd to think that the Bible is perfect, seeing as how it was written by humans.

I have no problem with christians, be them protestant or catholic. I do, however, have a problem with supercilious christians who have the audacity to speak down on a religion that they know nothing about.

SAtown_punk
where did everybody go?

eno11
dnt know m8 they all disappeared

SAtown_punk
apparently. Maybe they got sick of arguing or whatever...

eleveninches
do witches use their own inner power to cast spells or are they granted spells by a selected or patron deity?

DemonicGambit-2
It all depends on which faction you follow elveninches. There's so many branches of witchcraft you would have to ask a specific person what he or she follows. Most power is believed to come from within you, others, and nature. As for deities though, they're there to guide witches, wiccans and all others.

And to berseck. I am Catholic, and I first off I have to just ask. Not to be offensive or anything, have you fully read the bible? Because most people will just go by the basics, or common knowledge. If you look at it you'll realize that what happens is that people take a piece of a certain passage, skip a couple paragrahps then add the next sentence from a different page. Making it so you're reading what they want you to read, and therefore believe. I mean when Christmas rolls around why do people have statues of the Three Wise Men? Because they believe they were good men who wanted to visit Jeus. Not knowing they were actually assasains sent to kill him. So just saying make sure you know what you're condeming wiccans and witches with.

Superman5452
and... Turtle!!!!!

DemonicGambit-2
roll eyes (sarcastic) Mature supes, this is about witchcraft incase you haven't noticed. And turtles don't have bad memories

Superman5452
And yet you do! Turtle stick out tongue

SAtown_punk
What the hell? Turtle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.