The Offical Éowyn/Miranda Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Iirima

Arwene
at last eowyn!!!! nice one for starting it..

Iirima
Love the sig, Arwene!

Arwene
i made it for my friend for this forum..... made her avys as well as she is hopeless

A.D. Skinner
Finally a forum in which we can honor the beautiful and brave Eowyn...

A sig pic that I had created...

Arwene
another one by me

A.D. Skinner
Ooh I like that one Arwene

shadowy_blue
Oh...thank you so much for starting the thread!! big grin Eowyn is my favorite LOTR character and Miranda Otto did an absolutely wonderful job. She's everything that I have pictured Eowyn while I was reading the book. big grin

Iirima
Yes, she did SUCH a good job.

Iirima
She looks so pretty in white

Firithlotwen
yay!! this is a goooood day!
a haldir thread, an eomer thread, and an eowyn thread
all in one day!!!!!
im so happy!!!!! big grin

eowyn is by far my favourite character..... ive said this several times, but i loove the way she fights for what she think its right love

i have tons of pics, ill post them........ and maybe i make a sig wink

this is a wallpaper i downloaded from a lotr site, i dont remember which embarrasment

Iirima
*cies* it won't come up for me! *cries more*

Firithlotwen
look at this one:

Iirima
Ooh, that's so cool! I have to eat lunch, I'll be back in a half-hour. Bye!

Discos
yep she sure has the courage of a man and doesn't take a telling!

Discos - sounds like my ex-girlfriend big grin

Firithlotwen
ill make a sig with this one....... it was a wallpaper, but i downloaded the small version confused

Firithlotwen
see you later irima smile

Iirima

Exa
I love Eowyns character... and her dresses big grin

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/media/darsteller/eowyn/Eowynmaking.jpg

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/media/galerie/sonstiges/dk01.jpg

not Eowyn but Miranda big grin http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/media/darsteller/eowyn/miranda_otto04.jpg

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/media/darsteller/eowyn/MirandaOtto.jpg

aniron
Sorry guys, but I can't stand eowyn, but I'm sure Miranda's ok?
I think she beat the witch king through luck, and she only poked his face through the help of a titchy hobbit.
she is a man stealer and mopes the hell out of the film.
And arwens dresses are greater.
What is wuth eowyn standing and staring at nothing? the fool.
Okay thats my limited view, I'm goona stop there before I get into the details.

conway
i skimmed past em all..lol..how do u make your own?

lkotbr33
eowyn/miranda is hot

Pipage558
Eowyn is one of my favorite characters! GO EOWYN!

hobbit_lover
same here I love her shes great!! and she didn't steal Aragorn she marrys Faramir and he marrys Awren geeez!

Shieldmaiden
I resent that. Have you read the books? There is a lot unsaid about Eowyn, that, if it was said, would give more insight into the character. Eowyn is the human female in Lord of the Rings. I have nothing against Arwen, she's cool and everything, but she's to etherial to be real. I like Eowyn because she is independent and not afraid to stand up for herself. She didn't just kill the Witch-King by luck. She had the courage to stand up to him in the first place, that's got to count for something. She was defending her uncle.

Eowyn has an incredibly dark past, her parents both killed when she was 6, she watched her uncle and cousin die and she had to put up with Grima for 10 yrs. You'd feel sorry for her too. Cut the poor girl some slack.

Miranda's great too. My friend knows her, and just saw her last holidays. She said that she's so sweet and down-to-earth. She got bruises from that helmet she had to wear.

You are entitled to your opinion, but please find a better reason for hating her.

Arwene
i dont hate her at all. she was warm and fell in love with aragorn....yes he was spoken for but you cant help who you fall for.... She has a strong power inside her... I like arwen but she did my had in by crying all the time...

Bloom4ever
you said it all cool
basically, Eowyn rocks

Kitoky
Okay guys, do we want to keep this thread as the one Eowyn thread or the other thread 'Eowyn' ?

shadowy_blue
Uuuuhhh....I'll just post what you posted in your own thread I don't

I'll just give your remark back to you.

ok to make this clear, this thread is for eowyn fans like Exa -yey-I can see why ppl don't see a point but I don't really care if you don't like eowyn don't come into the thread. simple.

There....fair?! roll eyes (sarcastic) I suggest you practice first before you preach. You posted that remark in your thread, telling people who like Eowyn to back off, but in an Eowyn thread, you're going in just to rant how much you don't like her and comment about her so-called flaws? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I also like Arwen and all, but don't even get me started with her own flaws that you yourself don't even see, I just didn't posted them in your own thread because I respected your thread, I know it's for the Eowyn non-fans, and I knew that, that's why I didn't degrade Arwen in anyway in that thread or forced anyone to love Eowyn just because I love Eowyn more than her. You on the other hand, is doing the opposite thing.

shadowy_blue
Sorry...can't resist, and I'm bored..But let's go over this one by one shall we!? big grin

Poked his face!? poked his face!? You sure is insulting the Witch King's strength...the Witch King died because Eowyn, the Shieldmaiden of Rohan poked him in the face through the help of a titch hobbit as you call Merry. And as if Arwen not being caught by the Nazgul in the FOTR movie wasn't because of luck. It was Asfaloth's speed that we have to thank for, just like how we should thank Merry for stabbing Witchy's leg in order for Eowyn to stick the final blow.

Who did she steal exactly? And from whom?

I won't deny that she was moping, but saying that she moped the hell out of the film is just bias and pure invention. That's just nothing but blindness. Eowyn and Arwen moped in the films and they have their reasons. I won't criticize either of them on that matter.

That's just a personal preference. Don't state it as a fact.

She's actually being dramatic and thinking all about what's happening to her life. Her losses, her uncle, her exiled brother, her unrequited love, Grima, the whole War of the Ring and everything that's happening to her country, how she could defend them, etc. You didn't know that?

Bring it on. I want to know all the "flaws" that you have of Eowyn. And I mean true flaws that you have some evidences from the books or the movies and not just "false flaws" that only you could see. And I will also post my detailed Arwen "flaws", more from the book Arwen however, but still, she's Arwen. And I have more problems with the book-Arwen than the movie-Arwen.

Iirima

shadowy_blue
Thanks, Iirima. smile

I'm just too sick of ignoring posts like this so other people consider them as facts, and so more people are being persuaded that Eowyn is nothing but a ***** which in all certainty, she's not. I liked Arwen's role in the movie but still I have some problems with her but I don't go on ranting in Arwen threads just to criticize her. I know everyone has their own rights to like whoever they want, and I don't get it why you have to pin-point all their flaws in a thread that actually likes the character. Are you trying to "convert" some fans to idolize your favorite character? I just don't get it. And if ever you have some problems with the character, please make your post as a constructive criticism, not just pointing your problems and calling names and stating them like they are facts. It's misleading dude, and a disgrace for the character itself, especially for those who are just newbies in the world of Middle-earth.

shadowy_blue
OK...this is my reply to the thread itself. As you all know that I love Eowyn.

Eowyn had a great book to film adaptation, and was wonderfully played by Miranda Otto. Eowyn was the strongest woman in the films, as she is in the books in my opinion, and the lack of romance made her even more so, though it made her feelings seem untrue and not finished business. After the extended edition we will see a new side of the Eowyn adaptation, and I'm hoping that we will see a new side of her through The Houses of Healing scenes. smile

Iirima

shadowy_blue
I also want to see the Eowyn extended action scenes. big grin

Kitoky
*cough*

dileno
Miranda is great as Eowyn, but I don't like the Eowyn character so much. She has some highlights in the movies, for instance when she kills The Witch king, but sometimes she's boring. But still, Miranda is lovely. smile

Kitoky
Here's an Eowyn image-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.