The Wheel of Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ryugen
I want to know if anyone else has read the fantastic 'Wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan. Theres been ten books so far and most if not all have been best sellers. I'm looking for information on the eleventh book, favorite charactors, best book and the like.

Corran
I have read all of the books and think they are great, it is difficult to pick a favourite character, but it would be Lan, Moiraine, Rand al'Thor, Perrin, Min, Mat or Nynaeve, even Aram is quite cool.

The are several site theoryland
this one list the prequels to wheel of time and on the questions of the week answered by RJ there are links to other stuff too.
roberet jordan

Lord Ryugen
Nice a reply. Perrin's my favourite charactor but I see your point there are almost no crap charactors in any of the books.

MasterWizard
I am reading the series right now. It's really good, although I'm having trouble convincing my friends to read it.

Corran
Just use one of them in hardback to beat your friends about the head until they agree to read them.

Lord Ryugen
Got to love hardbacks, the books of a thousand uses. big grin
Weapon, projectile, table leg stand, small stool and shield to name a few.

Z4¢|<
I am currently 3/4 through book three and so far my favorite char is Perrin.

Lord Ryugen
Book eleven's out now and I have no money dammit. But yeah Perrin rocks, followed by Mat and then Rand

MasterWizard
I think that Rand is a better character then Mat. My list goes Perrin, Lan, Rand, Mat. Also, if you want go get technical about it, it's book 0(or -1). It comes before book 1. According to Robert Jordan, right from his mouth, there is going to be 2 more prequels, and 2, possibly 3, more books.

Z4¢|<
Mat is better than Rand anyday.

Lord Ryugen
Rand's more powerful but Mat's just funny to read about, poor guy never gets a break

MasterWizard
I found that in book 6-7 he wasn't funny to read about. Even boring.

Lord Ryugen
Ah well I still had a laugh besides at the end of seven a wall falls on him, I find that funny

ElectricBugaloo
Mat is the funniest

But I like Perrin the best.

anyone read the "New Spring" book? I was kinda disappointed that Jordan wrote a prequel instead of finishing the series...

MasterWizard
I have read it. I found it interesting. He has 4 more wheel of times books lined up(possibly 5) two more prequels and the last two of the series. If he can't shorten it down to two books to end it all fof, it will be in three.

Xavier Draven
I love the series. I like the Aiel myself. The customes and how they react to everything is just great.

Also I found out the series has been optioned to make movies smile

ElectricBugaloo
man, he better finish these books in a timely fashion.

i was hoping he would finish with 10, a nice round number, but he just keeps adding new stuff...

The Seanchan, the reverbation on The Source at Ebou Dar...

Sir Elmo
If u havent noticed he bases his races in the book on real live people

so it doent wreck the surprise ill Spoiler it if that doent work dont look
for example Many of the Aiel Ways are closley similar to plains indians especially there Ji Eh Toh
Chilren of Light=later age Catholic Crusaders
I think its Tarboners but whoever has the Con that is a big chinese custom

Im still looking for more resemblances please message me

Sir Elmo
nice it worked
ok rememvber to post me if u find more

Sir Elmo
and some Arizonian mountain indians with the septs and stuff

MrSpangle
this series so totally rocksrock . i only on the 2nd book but nearly finished and i can tell already that the whole series will rock. Jordans writing style is really good and never makes the reader lose interest. big grin

Morridini
Good to see another fan. But can't u instead post in the other Wheel of time thread here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f67/t292080.html
It has way more posts then this old one, where did u find it by the way? It must have been buried deep, unlike the one I gave u a link to.

zombieman
I can't believe noboday hasn mentioned Loial! That guy has a heart of gold. I don't think you can really rank the three main charaters (Mat, Perrin and Rand) because they all play off each other to make the novels work, as a trio they are greater then the sum of their parts.

Any info on book 11 would be appreciated.

MrSpangle
lol soz morridini, it came up when i searched for it. didnt notice another one. will post on the other onefrom now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.