It's Official! Star Wars: OT on DVD 9/21/04!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/news/2004/02/news20040210.html

I can't wait!!!!

LanceWindu
big grin

Darth Vicious
Wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo, about time!

wicker_man
Agreed i shall certainly be splashing out on these DVDs (despite already owning them on VHS).

LanceWindu
I own the Original Re-Releases from 1995, and the Special Edition WideScreens from 1997.

Plus I have Episode 1 on VHS and DVD, and Episode II on DVD.

Evil Dead
I'll be buying it for sure.........

It doesn't say it in that article but boo at them not releasing the original trilogy. They are releasing the special editions made back in '97 ..........they'll probably never release the original trilogy now. It looks like they would have included the originals and special editions together on the same discs (like E.T.)......but nope.

samhain
I have the originals on vid, bought them just before the SE's came out so I refused to buy them, but I will be splashing out on the 4 disc set much like everyone else I think.

JKozzy
Who doesn't own the VHS? I cannot wait till September big grin
However I have EpI on VHS and I'm just gona get the DVD to be in-sync with everything.

Fallen Jedi
finally a set date.

WindDancer
I'm having problems with the link can anyone give me some help. I want to read that article.

boxofdeath
I almost wet my pants when I read that!!! September 21, 2004 will be a day that will live in our minds for the rest of our lives. We should all get together and have an internet circle jerk and watch them together? Anybody interested?

finti
it will be a day long remembered

boxofdeath
so is that a yes or no on the circle jerk??

Evil Dead
the link is flawed..........copy/past the url to your browser's address bar.

WindDancer
Thanks Evil Dead I tried the user bar yesterday. Much better smile

Cinemaddiction
Hey cats and kittens, heres the box art for the SW Trilogy set.

Respectively, there are 3. "Dark Side", "Jedi vs Sith", and "Imperial".

http://www.kamuiweb.com/sitev3/html/uploads/img40413d808170c.jpg

http://www.kamuiweb.com/sitev3/html/uploads/img40413dd946d80.jpg

http://www.kamuiweb.com/sitev3/html/uploads/img40413dad1d570.jpg

amity75
Pleeeeeaaaasssssee let there be GL and Irvin Kershner commentaries.

amity75
PS - I'll have the "Dark Side" version please!

Fallen Jedi
can't wait!

JKozzy
Pics arent working sad....

Yomammy
I just learned this earlier tonight. Great news and "IT's ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!"

SpikeSpiegel
Wow look at the case:
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0001ZE1OU.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

nightcrawer89
I found out a few weeks ago when the Star Wars Trilogy is coming out on dvd. It will be a few mounths or so but on September 21, 2004 go out to the store and look around that is the day the star wars movies will come out on dvd. Happy Dance Happy Dance evil face

Lord_Andres
it was about bloddy time, I've been waiting for years for the DVD versions

Ketchup
Haven't we all, Andres? smile

Silver Stardust
About a month ago there was a massive poster in the Sam Goody by my house that had the date on it and I was dancing through the store laughing out loud Can't wait!

Predator 89
Sweet! its about time GL released the SE versiones on DVD. Now all i need is episode I-III hopefully GL will release a special box set of the prequel trilogies.

SlickRick69
think I'll wait a few years and get the super deluxe 9 disc set of the OT, PT and all the extras

Stormy_Day
Im not a huge fan of the OT but this will be a nice addition to my collection smile

ragesRemorse
already got mine reserved, it better not be a waste of 50$

Cinemaddiction
You're buying it too? You may want to rent the VHS tapes before buying it, make sure it's worth the purchase.

I'm still moderately excited, only because ontop of being the Special Editions, there's been alot of rumoured changes.

Stormy_Day
Ive seen all the VHS.I havent seen Star Wars OT in a while so I hope this time ill enjoy it more.

Unholly_Cheese
22/9/04 for us...*sigh* i have to wait a whole more day than all of you!sad

Stormy Day
Cry me a river no expression

xs-
I am so HAPPYYYYYblue_bandanadjdsadsa

SpikeSpiegel
Here's the pics of the dvd's and their cases here

darktim1
george lucas does do commentary along with carrie fisher and that guy you were talking about.Me I want to see the fourth disc to see ep3 stuff. for now may force be with you.

Dr. Strangelove
Hear's a couple of reviews.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=12228

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/545/545786p1.html

The DVD talk review talks more about the disks while IGN talks more about the movies. I'm not a big fan of some of Lucas's changes, but it's his movie, so he can make the version that he thinks is true to the series.

cal31
Finally someone who knows what they are talking about when they say they don't like the changes. I'm so tired of these idiots saying " I hate George Lucas, why did he have to ruin my Star Wars, I hope he dies, he ruined the movies" Shut the hell up already. If he didn't create Star Wars in the first place you wouldn't have anything to do in your sorry ass life. It's his movie, he can do whatever the hell he wants to, and if you don't like it, don't fricken buy the dvd, he doesn't owe you anything mad mad mad mad

Ok now that I got off my meltdown Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance . my point is thank you Dr. Strangelove for actually putting thought into it when you say you don't like the changes. Anybody that doesn't like the changes can, it's their opinion and they can think what they want, but I just hate the people who think Lucas screwed them over and think he owes them something now, but as you said it's up to him to do what he wants with HIS movies.

Cinemaddiction
While Lucas doesn't necessarily "owe" anyone anything, he knows full well that legions of kids grew up on his movies, and this marks the 2nd time that he has made changes to the original movies, which some feel were flawless to begin with. He went against the wishes of the people that made him a billionaire, and added them anyway, although the movie was fine the way it was.

I can understand touching up the picture thanks to modern technology, but to disrespect Sebastian Shaw, by replacing his Jedi Spirit with Anakin is unacceptable, not to mention disrespectful.

Lucas is indeed evil, and has a reputation for caring less about his fans over the years, and more about lining his pockets. If this weren't true, why is it he'll claim that "the originals do not exist", he refuses to release the original movies on DVD unaltered, and it's only 4 disc set, where is there is a 9 disc "Alien" Quadrilogy. He's a horrible director, a horrible writer, and a miserable overall human being with no regard for those who put him where he is.

Mark Hamill said it best..

"You are surrounded by an army of sycophants who say that, even when you blow your nose, you are brilliant."

Cine-Fan
The Star Wars OT is going to be fun to have on dvd and ill definetly buy it when it comes out.

cal31
Yeah, he's a horrible director, that's why he's made A New Hope, THX, American Grafitti(Sp?) and helped direct Indiana Jones. It's not disrespecting Shaw, he did it because in the story arc, Anakin's ghost would be from when he died after the fight with Obi wan, that's when Anakin died, and Darth Vader was born. So they have the Jedi ghost from when he was actually a jedi, and not a sith, it makes no sense to have a sith jedi ghost, which was what Shaw was. Also he does not make these changes to piss people off, he does because he thinks it makes the films better and more complete. How many people piss and moan that Peter Jackson released Extended versions of all the LOTR movies. The originals were excellent, why did he have to change them? It's pathetic how people set such double standards. Or how about many other movies that have changes from the theatrical versions to the dvd versions, or how about Tolkein who went back to change the Hobbit so it matched what was said in the LOTR books? They are all the same thing as what Lucas is doing.

Cinemaddiction
Are those supposed to be representive of the quality of his directing? "THX-1138" is a highly overrated college Sci Fi project, and Lucas only directed "American Graffiti", which wasn't much of an accomplishment to be honest. I'm not a fan of "Indiana Jones", personally, and feel it's a boring franchise.

Keep in mind he also wrote "Captain E.O." with Michael Jackson, "Willow", and "More American Graffiti", in addition to alot of the "Young Indiana Jones" episodes, which were subsequently cancelled, regardless of the name sake. Not to mention the pathetically scripted new Star Wars movies, and his hand in "Howard the Duck".

Shaw was in Jedi robes at the end of ROTJ, wasn't he? How could he overlook such a huge foul up in the 3rd movie of a franchise?

Well, he has thought wrong, considering the backlash he's recieved, and subsequently ignored.

The Extended Editions were made to include more of the book, for those who read the 1,000 page novel, and wanted a more complete story. The mainstream movie goer wouldn't normally sit in a theatre for a 4 hour movie, so with the LOTR movies, save ROTK, clocking at right at 2 1/2 hours, these were released for fans of the book. That said, I am not aware of anyone complaining about the E.E.'s, as most everyone who bought the 1st DVD were ade aware of an extended version available later.

The movies do not change, as nothing is omitted, only added, and are marked accordingly. When things are omitted, edited, or reworked, those are usually Director's Cuts. Lucas would call the "OT" he is about to release his "Director's Cut", but the difference is that this marks the 3rd time they have been altered, and new footage is added which was produced over 20 years after the movie was already completed.

What he's doing is ignoring the people who made him who he is, and furthur sticking his pompous ass in those peoples faces, making it either "his way" or no way at all.

Keep this thread in mind when Episode 3 is out, and you see all those Star Wars toothbrushes, socks, baby toys, snack crackers and all the other shit his fans don't want or ever asked for in lieu of the movies we grew up with, and not his raped and bastardized "grand vision".

cal31
If you don't think THX, Indiana Jones, or American Grafitti are good films, then I can see why you don't think he is a good director. But to other people, they have gotten great reviews and are widely regarded as very good films.

It is his films or no way at all. He did not make these films to please the public in the first place. He even stated this himself, he made them because at that time there were no movies coming out that he would want to see, so he decided to make them himself for himself. It's not that he changed his mind, he's always made these films for himself and his children, as he has always stated. It's his story and he can change it to how he wants it to go. It's just like if you were to write a story when you are say, 14 years old. Then, 30 years later you go back and say, boy I made some dumb mistakes, then you go and change them to fit how you want it to. Again it's the same thing Lucas is doing, only his story many many people liked and wasn't a private story. As he also said, how could he make the films trying to keep the public happy? If he kept the old films the way they were, some people would complain saying the special effects are outdated and look fake, or like many many people have said, the Emeror in ESB looks nothing like the one in Return of the Jedi. If he does change them, then the purists are upset saying the films were perfect, nothing needed to be changed, he ruined the films. So as you can see it's a lose lose situation, so all he can do is make the flims how he wants them, if you don't like em', watch your laserdiscs or vhs, if you do like them, more power to you.

Cinemaddiction
Guess I should clarify that my beef is with the 1997 Special Editions. I've viewed the changes on the DVD set, and have since warmed up to them.

However..

Fans of the original movies shouldn't have to resort to obsolete mediums of the movie if they want the original movies. It would just be nice if he'd stop lying and use the original negatives he used for the 2004 DVD to release the real original trilogy, which will probably happen once Episodes 7,8, and 9 are done, when the big 16 disc set is released.

cal31
Yeah, I see where you're coming from saying he should release both versions and people who don't like them shouldn't have to watch the movies on out of date tapes. But I like that he is making it one trilogy, not two where there is one group of an updated version and one where nothing is changed, he's just making one ultimate version.

BackFire
I think it's really stupid putting Hayden Christiansen in there instead of the old man who was originally in there. That's so tacky. Lucas needs to stop screwing with shit and leave his movies alone.

cal31
Ok that's fine you hate it, but he did it to better fit the story arc of Star Wars, which it does.

BackFire
No, it does not.

If you watch Return of the Jedi, at the end with all of the spirits standing around, you'll notice that they are all old. Obi Won's spirit still looks like the old man from the original, yoda still looks old and puppet like, it doesn't fit in for Anakin to be the only one who in spirit form looks young.

What next, when Luke takes of Darths mask, will they digitize Christiansens face over the old mans?

cal31
The reason Obi wan and Yoda are old as their ghosts is because they died as jedi when they were old. When we see Vader die in Return of the Jedi, that is Vader dieing, not Anakin. Anakin died after the fight with Obi Wan when he fell into the lava, that is when Anakin ceased to exist and Vader was born. So because Anakin died when he was young, that's when they show his ghost from, not when he was Vader. So yes it does fit, you just have to understand why.

BackFire
That sounds like it's REALLY stretching it if you ask me.

Besides, if anakin really did "die" when he was young, then why did he have the goodness in him at the end of ROTJ to save his son? He wasn't quite dead, just overcome by evil. He was still the same person.

Silver Stardust
How many effing times...there's not going to be Eps. 7, 8, or 9.

I don't agree with GL putting Hayden in the end of ROTJ...and the explanation of it being Vader dying, not Anakin, is (in my opinion) bull, because just before he dies, he turns back to the light side. Meaning he WAS Anakin when he died.

BackFire
Exactly. Lucas is just going senile now. Someone needs to get the movies away from him.

MC Mike
Question: Is this set the extended edition of each movie? Or the original cut? confused

cal31
It's the new special edition. It's basically the 97' special editions with new effects and cleaned up a great deal.

MC Mike
Thanks. big grin

Dario Argento
I just got my copy today.. So I know what I'll be doing tonight big grin

WindDancer
I get my copy tomorrow. 9/21/04! I can't wait any longer this baby is going straight to my collection. Ooooh yeah! big grin

Unholy_Cheese
Im lay buying itbig grin

Jedi_Knight
I ordered it

MC Mike
Anyone know which one shows more? Widescreen or Fullscreen? On some movies, it's one way, on others, it's the other way. I prefer Widescreen, but is there a diffrence? huh

Dr. Strangelove
It kind of matters what TV size you have. I prefer widescreen, because it shows the whole picture while fullscreen cuts some of the picture out. The only reason to get fullscreen is if you have a really small TV.

This site explains it better than me and their are pictures to show the difference.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/anamorphic/index.html

Cinemaddiction
Gotta love 24 Hr Wal Mart. cool

http://www.corsicas.com/corys/swstuff.jpg

I was intrigued when I saw one guy walking out of the store with the display, then I saw another one and just did a little "inspectigating", and the stocker told me I could have it. Right time, right place.

If I were still a huge SW collector, I'd be geeked out right now, but, this one will probably go to eBay or one of my old collecting pals.

MAKE SURE YOU BUY WIDESCREEN. It's bad enough that these aren't the "real" movies, buying it in foolscreen will only make it worse.

Unholy_Cheese
i lay buyed it 2day
is there a wide screen version?

Cinemaddiction
The Silver Boxed set is Widescreen. Gold is wrongscreen.

Mr Zero
It's nice to see the OT all clean and shiny and sounding groovy. Some of the changes are just fine with me, nice swooshy lightsabers etc. I still dont get why he'd want greebo to shoot first but at least it's not as bad as the '97 version. Jabba still looks shitty in EIV and some of the added digital Mos Eisley stuff is ruined by "humor" - Look the robot is
funny! look a jawa fell off a beastie!

GL is not a funny man (AOTC for eg - 3p0's "what a drag" and "I'm beside myself" lines - holy crap did NOBODY have the balls to tell him that sucked? Nobody?) and needs to stop writing "funny".

The extras disk is a goldmine of fun - and so between this clean version of the OT on DVD and the original unadulterated copy of the OT that my g/f has you could cobble together a version thats the best of both.

(& yes you can get the raw unchanged OT on dvd - it's available on laserdisk so do the math people... Ive had the Malaysian edition 97 OTSE on DVD for years)

Lord_Andres
Really? how did you get it? in Malaysian? online store? or what

Dejio
Well, I liked how Jabba looks now on Star Wars IV DVD instead of the '97 Special Edition version. That Jabba looked crappy in the first place, with those big-stupid-cartoonish-shiny-cat-like eyes and all. Good thing they've changed it really.

Unholy_Cheese
why the hell would you get the gold edition? is it cheaper or something?

Cinemaddiction
No, people are just mindless simians and like the movie to "fill up their TV screen".

WindDancer
happy

I just got my set.

cal31
Me too cool

Joker1237
Just bought it too,

Unholy_Cheese
Well luckily i go the silver one thenblink

cal31
The green flashes are really anoying during the Vader Obi Wan fight, and it happens more than once. I have no idea why that a glitch that noticable is in there, I don't remember that ever happening on the VHS tapes.

Anyways, what things are you guys most pleased by in the dvds, and what are you most displeased by. The thing I like the most is the clearity is superb, and they added a sound effect for when the Stormtrooper hits his head on the door in ANH, awesome! If you listened to Lucas in the commentary for AOTC, he said he had Jango Fett hit his head in the movie to kinda have a running joke that that characteristic then was given to all the clones, which is cool. The thing I don't like about the dvds are the lightsaber jumps are still in ANH, Luke's lightsaber is still white, and those damn green flashes.

MF D00m
Just got home from purchasing my copy. big grin

*opens excitedly*

Jedi Shmedi
Damn you all. I desperatly want them but I won't have enough money to get them until my dad pays me my allowance in a week!! DAMN!!!!

Unholy_Cheese
I'v laybuyed it and i'll probably never pay it off. I should have just payed it fully

WindDancer
Well, I saw SW A new Hope last night. And I can't complain......except for the fact that I'm more of puriest and was hoping for the SW of 77 and 83. I didn't get that and I'm not sad, but for me Greedo didnt shoot first. And the CGI was never my thing. Nuff said.

Unholy_Cheese
Did they really over do it with the CGI? please tell me they didn't, i would be sick to see them try to alter the still classic, cheesy effects

kanis
alien Their is new effects, which are not crap, but they do look weird i got the silver version which looks good in wide screen and has any one noticed in the empire strikes back the emperor ( forgive spelling) is the same actor who played chancellor palpatine in episode 2 and that darth has no idea that he has a son until he finds out.

cal31
Yup, the man who plays emperor is Ian Mcdarmid, he also plays the emperor in ROTJ

Unholy_Cheese
All i wanna knwo if it is worth getting

cal31
Of course it is, even if you don't like the changes, having the trilogy the clearest it's ever been and having Empire of Dreams on special features is worth it alone.

Unholy_Cheese
Yeah that is logic but iv heard so much to not buy it and to stick with VHS

Xam
i got the DVDs stick out tongue and i gotta say its wayyyyyyyyyy better than the VHSs

BELIEVE ME

BackFire
I got the DVD's as well, haven't sat down and watched them yet, but I've had them on while doing other things, and I must say, they are impressive.

The documentery is outstanding.

Reborn Again
Vader knows he has a son, but not a daughter. He didn't know he had ferternal twins though, only a son. The story is much like Alexander Demua's The Man In The Iron Mask, when the King of France had twins, but to save the kingdom from separation between his two sons, one was sent away, and one inherited the thrown. In Star Wars, GL will use the same concept. He will most likely play to the notion that one of the twins will look like it will die in child birth. Obi-Wan explains it best in Empire.

kanis
alien It was weird seeing Anakin at the end of return of the jedi, my dad is getting me to put the dvd on again and put that chapter on to see if it is him. I know it is him.

Unholy_Cheese
Yeah thats what my friend told me. That they put the Anikan from AOTC
I got mine todaybig grin

Samurai Guy
I finally bought the Original Trilogy on DVD and, aside from the point stated above, I think they are fine. There are the changes that have been made... but they are changes that are understandable. I mean, the technology that is available now was not available then. Why not touch up "HIS" movies. They were fine back then, now they are better.

That was a kick in the balls, superimposing Hayden in there. There was no reason for that.

WindDancer
The DVD look fine and well restored. I love the picture quality. Is just the little changes that bother me. I, too hate to see Hayden Christensen as the ghost of Anakin in ROTJ. But what really hurt me was that the original victory song of the Ewoks was replace. Is just doesn't feel the same...

Cinemaddiction
What the **** is it with you people and Hayden in ROTJ?! Aside from making perfect sense, it's for about 10 seconds out of a 2 hour long movie.

Mr Zero
I can explain that...

Much as the fat blubbering git under darths mask in the '83 version of ROTJ was a little disappointing - he was nowhere near as unconvincing as the petulant whining cardboard standee performance of Hayden in the intelligence bludgeoning moron fest that was AOTC.

Seeing that lifeless unconvincing face grinning out of ROTJ is like Lucas coming round to your house, making you your favourite meal - then dumping a turd in it and still expecting you to eat it.

We can either eat his turd meal, or starve.

Thats why.

WindDancer
Also he looks confused, out of synch, and lost for those 10 secs. Seriously, Lucas is going mad. Did anyone notice during the final moments of ROTJ. The shot of Naboo? Is it me or did Jar-Jar had a tiny part in the movie? Why does Lucas keep imposing that un-funny lame Clown on us? Face it Lucas! Jar-Jar is only funny in your imagination, some of us hate that character!

BackFire
Lucas likes changing stuff for the sake of changing stuff. He's a little options whore when it comes to his movies. I had no problem with any of the changes before that stupid hayden scene in ROTJ. Sooooo tacky and stupid.

cal31
First of all, why do you think he acted that way in the movie? Because that's how he was supposed to act, it was supposed to show just how immature and not responsible he was and how he wasn't in control of his emotions. Many people say he was too whiney and blab on about that, yet look at Mark Hamill in ANH with his " but I was going into Tashi station to pick up some power converters" line and complaining to Owent, that is just as whiney as Hayden in AOTC, but people just choose to ignore this because they want to bash the prequels.

cal31
How is it tacky and stupid when it fits the storyline better? roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
It doesn't fit the storyline better.

Mr Zero
No - I want to LOVE the sequel/prequels. I want to roll around naked on them and giggle like I was in the POTC forum.

But they are shit, so i can't.

Luke begins as a whiny farmboy and by the end of the movie has begun to grow a spine and find his feet as the last of the jedi - hayden begins as a whiny pouting girly man and ends as - um... the exact same thing, except he's thrown a hissy fit and killed a few sandpeople.

The idea that this pissy little brat could bone Portman, far less become vader is a joke. I'm only eager to see ROTS to see him get his ass kicked.

cal31
How do you know what he ends up like? Have you seen ROTS already? By the end of ANH, Luke was still whiny, it wasn't until ESB that he really started to become the great Jedi he was. Anakin was whiny in AOTC, but just like Luke, in ROTS you'll see him mature and not be so whiny, but instead be a killing machine that is Darth Vader. He did just as good against Dooku as Obi Wan did, so no, he won't get his ass kicked.

cal31
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)
I figured an answer like that was coming, if you don't understand why it is put in there, don't say it's dumb and tacky. I'm not even going to explain it again, cause it obviously won't make a difference. I just wonder why everyone hates on Hayden so much, just because he played a whiny young adult when the scipt called for it? I suggest anybody that thinks his acting is bad to watch Shattered Glass, and if you still think he's horrible, nothing will change your opinion.

WindDancer
How does that fit the story? Luke never met a younger version of his father. So what's the point of putting a young Anakin ghost in the final scene? If you gonna say "is because it was good Anakin" then that's inconclusive. Anakin redeem himself by throwing the Emperor into the void. So became good again at an old age. Or if you gonna say "is because all Jedi's become young ghosts again when they die" then that also would be inconclusive since is quite obvious Obi and Yoda ghosts still remain old.

Mr Zero
Shattered Glass is a good movie with a good script and people. I dont blame hayden for the duff performance and crappy character - Darth George has simply forgotten what SW was supposed to about and has no clear vision of what he's doing now.

cal31
It was the young Anakin because the real Anakin died when he fell into the lava, after that he was not Anakin anymore, but Darth Vader. When he throws the Emperor over the edge, he is not Anakin, he is Darth Vader with a memory of who he used to be.

cal31
I see where you're coming from, I just hate it when people say Hayden is a horrible actor and that he ruined Anakin and made him a wuss, when I feel he just was performing what the script called for. Also, I don't think most of the acting in AOTC is worse than that in ANH. In ANH, Harrison Ford gave the only great performance, IMO, and the rest were just ok. In AOTC, Mcgregor and Ian Mcdarmid gave the best performances, and the rest were just ok. The only differences with AOTC being that there were a couple horrible scenes, where in ANH there really weren't any below average scenes.

BackFire
No one here has called Hayden a bad actor, that's poor reading comprehension on your part.

Your explaination of "anakin died when he was younger yadda yadda yadda" is also down to opinion. It could very easily be interprited that Anakin was NOT dead after all, he was Anakin deep down somewhere, and that goodness in him came about when he saved Luke from the Emperor.

The main reason I don't like this change, is because it was pointless. It didn't make the movie any better, if anything, it hurt the movie, because pointless changes are always going to confuse an audience.

OB1-adobe
how can you expect great acting in a star wars movie

Unholy_Cheese
True

Mr Zero
OT : Unknowns taking a ludicrous story deadly seriously, just like the serial pulps that inspired it....

Have you heard or read the transcripts of the tapes made during the filming ESB of the actors arguing about motivation and bickering over each line and if it was in character? (hence Harison Fords genuius "I know" retort to Leia - far more Han that what Darth George would have had him say.... )

New movies: big name actors phoning in less than convincing performances against a green screen. The only great actor in the new movies was yoda.

WindDancer
If Anakin fell into whatever and was no longer Anakin, then why he pursues his son to join him? If he no longer is Anakin, but instead Darth Vader then why would he had memories of Obi? It's flawed! Also if he is no longer Anakin, why does Luke kept insisting that he could bring back his Father back to the Light when all along he was referring to Darth Vader/Anakin? All that stuff of Anakin ceased to exist and was taken by Darth Vader would only work if Darth Vader would not have any memories of his past. Anakin never died he was just consume by the dark side of the force. In other words he was blind (not literaly) by the power of the dark side. When he saw his son Luke being burn alive by electric discharges, the light side came back to Darth Vader/Anakin and he redeem himself. Thus returning to the light side. Catching my drift?

As for Hayden being a bad actor....No, don't get me wrong. I may not like him but I really don't like his performances. He might be suited for other roles, but for me his acting in AOTC wasn't very interesting.

kanis
alien When he became Darth vader like Obi wan said he lost all that was anakin and became the dark side of anakin which may have retained his memories which included knowing who Obi wan was " Now the circle is complete when i left you i was just a pupil now I am the master" that was what Darth said to Obi wan in ANH.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.