It's Official! Star Wars OT 4 DVD Set - 9/24/04

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

flickerstick
I was browsing CNN, and the OT is scheduled to be released September 21 as a 4-disc box set.

Cinemaddiction
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/news/2004/02/news20040210.html

Read more at the link above! I've been waiting way too long for this! No more goddamn VHS!!

yerssot
wrong section, we have an OT section here for that

but yes, it was already known yesterday by a post on DVDTalk and picked up by two sw-sites already, confirmation came an hour or two ago on the official starwars site

yerssot
yes, as a matter of fact, there was already someone who posted this in the epIII section (for some unknown reason)

the news was already out yesterday, by DVDTalk and got picked up by two starwars sites (aldera and swmovies) and got confirmed a short while ago by the OS themselves

Maikahyandowen
The official Star Wars site announced that the original trilogy will be on DVD in the U.S. on September 21!!!!!! it'll be like the Indiana Jones box set w/ a fourth disc of special features. awsome!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance eek! big grin eek!

yerssot
you're the third one already to make a thread about it maika, there's even one in this same section about it

Maikahyandowen
yeah. i realized that right after i'd posted it. dang it.

Ushgarak
Differing threads merged.

Ushgarak
Anyway, yes, good news, of course!

Of course, we all know that GL said these would not be done until after ep. III, and teven once said that for TPM. We had all known for a while that this decision had changed, but it does of course make it very hard for people to believe him when he says there will be no sequel trilogy...

Tired Hiker
Finally!!!!

VengeanceGOD
Question: It it the original (good) version or the crappy special edition version?

Cinemaddiction
Bah, I'm really confused. Wasn't I the one that started the 1st thread i nthe OT section? embarrasment

Anywho, the release date is really no surprise, me and my friends at Rebelscum.com have been aware of it for a few weeks now, just waited for the official site to confirm it.

It's good news, all around. Rumor has it though that they may be the SE re-releases. confused

Only 1 disc of extras though, since the majority of them will be saved for the colossal 6 Movie set in 2005 or so.

yerssot
yes, it will be the SE re-release (the one with minor updates about sabres and such of the SE)

VengeanceGOD
So Greedo will shoot first. sadsadsad

cornponious
Actually, what I've heard is that Lucas is going to change the Greedo scene back to Solo shooting first due to all the flak he has received about it, considering it's necessary for Solo's character arc and all.

Bummer that the OT with the original effects are not coming to DVD. Apparently it's been officially stated that those versions don't even exist any more. I'm just happy to have them on laserdisc.

cornponious

glenn
Whats on the fourth disk

yerssot

Ushgarak
I have heard nothing about the Greedo scenes being returned to original.

All things considered, I am happy it is the Special Editions- and fans should know by now that GL considers the original versions no longer valid.

And CA, no, someone beat you by about 15 minutes.

yerssot
it's not a competition roll eyes (sarcastic)

amity75
Only 1 bonus disc to cover 3 films? I was hoping for one bonus disc per episode.

VengeanceGOD
Why now?

JKozzy
Why are they crappy? They're awesome movies, with upgrades and such. I think they're muuuch better remakes than you give them credit for, it's sorta like the LOTR Extended editions, although not as drastic.

How can you expect that much for special features? What the f**k? That's a bit obsurd... besides they can put specific special features on the actual movie disc if they wanted to, and put the broader topics on the 4th disc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.