Captain Universe Spider-man vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blade Cutter
Ok I like Spider-man and Superman team ups comics.But superman is a b*cth and he must die.So Spider-man gets his full Captain Universe powers back and this time for good so he won't lose them in a day or so and run in to superman and fight for braging rights.Superman will die he must. evil face

hotsauce6548
SUPERMAN WILL GO DOWN!!! MWAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH!

sandman26
he'd go down so fast that it would be hilarious superman gets smashed by spider

kal-el
nope.supes wins.

Lord Ryugen
what was Captain Universe Spiderman's powers

Viper
Wondering the same thing myself erm

MarkofKaine
I can't remember all of them but I know he had cosmic strength and flight. He got them for a brief time from the Enigma Force to use in defeating the tri-sentinel. Superman's to powerful in my opinion. No fun at all...

Lord Ryugen
Hmm. If that's the range of powers then Supes will win. Uh out of intrest I'm sure I've seen a picture of Spidey using the Phoenix force is this true?

MrReilly
Yeah, it's true... he merged with the pheonix for a bit... very kooky.

Lord Ryugen
Okay! thats just weird

MarkofKaine
Ok I consulted "The Ultimate Guide to Spider-Man" book and found out Cosmic Spider-Man's powers. They include:

-Ability to mentally control his webbing to instantly form any complex shape imagined and manipulate it however he wants.
-Ability to generate concussive blasts from tips of fingers or combine into a fist sized blast powerful enough to shatter an army tank
-Senses sharper than even DareDevil or the Puma. He could hear a spider crossing a windowpane two blocks away...
-flight
-Cosmic strength (there's a picture of him in here lifting a huge barge as though it were nothing...)

Cosmic Spider-Man is the shiznit. While he had his cosmic powers he once kicked Magneto's butt. Of course Magneto left when he realized he couldn't win alone. So Spider-Man must win and Superman will DIE!

NYCGUY
As unpopular as it seems, I like Superman--especially the one in Superman/Batman series. BUT, if it came down to Spidey vs. Superman, I'd want to see Supes get his head bashed in. Spidey just down and out rocks!

Fortunately, on paper, Cosmic Spidey would devastate Supes! He's actually stronger by a lot, smarter, and has a lot more endurance. (I consulted the game stats--Supes has a total of 415 healthpoints, Spidey has a wopping 645!!)

So, this is one fight where Supe's flight would make all the difference...he should just fly away, up up and away as fast as he could!!!

who?-kid
I'm not so sure the cosmic Spider-Man (Captain Universe) would win. We're talking about Superman, people. Not my favorite hero, far from it, but he deserves respect.

The problem with those cosmic beings is that their powers are always very vague : energy-beams, cosmic blasts, manipulating molecules, the ability to become much more stronger than you're actually are... that's all so... unclear, at least in my opinion.

It could be that the cosmic Spider-Man/Captain Universe will kick ass. But it also could very well be the other way around. Spider-Man can be cunning (Superman even more at times), but he's not used to these enormous powers. Superman is, from the day he was born (hm, kind of). And he uses them pretty well.

In the end, I think it comes down on who will be the smartest, and than Superman will be the last man standing.

Austinzilla
dude cosmic spider-man is as strong as spider-man and silver surfer combined! no way could superman win! seriously silver surfer vs. superman alone would be a decent fight, but the powers of spiderman and silver surfer combined! he's awesome! and cool lookin too!

VENOMfan
I have too go with Spidey, his odd ball incarnations are waaaaaaaay too powerfull.

Spider-phoenix
Cosmic Spidey
Spider-X

I think even with Supe's experiance one uber blast will put him down

who?-kid
Actually I know Cosmic Spider-Man is much stronger than Silver Surfer and Spider-Man combined smile. But strength isn't the deciding factor here. I'm still not convinced that CSM will beat good old Superman.

I think Superman has more raw power, endurance, experience AND intelligence at his disposal. Isn't he faster too ? But it could go either way.

VENOMfan
I love the what if Spiderman had kept his Captain Universe power's.

poor Venom, that was just sad

http://www.spiderfan.org/cgi-bin/cover.pl?80123,what_if_v2,031.jpg

Ironman
ok lets make it fair batman vs cosmic ok batman wupped supes and if you read the comic were he had to fight the justice league he beet them to cosmic would go down batman would find a weak ness and use it and use it and use it batman is the bomb and always will be Happy Dance

who?-kid
Euhm, right...

Make it fair, you say ? Batman against Cosmic Spider-Man ?

Batman is an ant, compared to CSM. If he's lucky, he will die very quickly without feeling anything when CSM destroys him completely.

Austinzilla
Cosmic Spidey would blast batman to powder

NYCGUY
How about Batman, superman, and Wonderwoman vs. Cosmic Spidey? That might even the odds a bit....BUT Spidey would still win! Though WW might be tough considering she has 2000+ yrs of fighting experience..Of course, this is assuming Spidey is used to his powers too.

Spiderman_RJ
Superman would die on a single blast.pitty for him

Darth Jello
the current superman would die, the silver age one would probably beat him, but that would never happen. He would probably be destroyed by the living tribunal upon arrival for being too powerful.

Austinzilla
or he would lose for the mere fact that Cosmic Spidey is cooler stick out tongue

Lord Ryugen
Well since 'Cosmic' Spidy sounds like he's weilding the power cosmic I'll take him as the winner. And even if he's not I'll still pick him laughing out loud

lastkryptonson
You want the low down you come to me. First off... as you can tell, I am a die hard Superman fan. My car has the S, I have a tattoo of it (which I wont detail for fear it will be copied) and so on. Anyway... let's start with Cosmic Spidey.... during his tenure, he was the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe. If anyone recalls, with little effort, he punched Hulk to the frickin moon. He could NOT be destroyed by even Galactus. So given that, even though Superman has been ranked as not having a limit to his powers... if you're GODLIKE like Cosmic Spidey was, as ashamed as I am to say it, Superman would've been knocked back to Krypton. Anyone else wanna grappel with marvel, find THIS screenname on AIM... I will give you the low down on any marvel or DC character.

who?-kid
Cosmic Spidey is NOT godlike. It's a manifestation of some extradimensional energy (or something like that...).

But certainly not godlike.

Arachnoidfreak
awww, using a cosmic version of Spiderman...let's even the odds and use a near cosmic version of Superman...no wait, that's not evening the odds, Superman Prime would hand him his ass. Cosmic Spiderman would win against normal Supes, but i love Superman sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.