Rotk is the third biggest film ever!!!(and still grossing tons)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321

fini
WOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY go ROTK.

and WHEN it wins big at the oscars, its gonna go back to the top of the box office

PippinTook
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Happy Dance GO ROTK!!!! YEAH!!! And yesh, as fini said, WHEN (not if, when!) it wins ALL 11 Oscars (which it will) that's gonna be even BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOP!!! YAY!!! laughing out loud

SilverFighter
Congratulations, and if ROTK sweeps the Oscars.............IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!

shadowy_blue
You know, I should be happy, and I am. But for some reason, not that much. "Titanic" is good, yes. But in my opinion, the money they got is ridiculously too much. I can stand Harry Potter getting that much of a money, but "Titanic"? They could get hell lotta money too but not as to beat all the movies that is exceptionally better than it from wherever angle you look at.

But yeah, since this is about ROTK, congrats, and just like what I've said, I'm happy, just a little disappointed. You may say that I'm wishing for too much, but, hey, I don't care. stick out tongue

PippinTook
If??? *ahem* IF?!?!?!! What are you saying if for?? Don't you mean "when"? stick out tongue.....WHEN ROTK sweeps the Oscars big grin Because, as we all know, ROTK is definately going home with ALL 11 Oscars stick out tongue Less than three weeks people!! WATCH IT!!!! Pray for ROTK to win, even though we KNOW it will roll eyes (sarcastic) GO ROTK!!!

I think ROTK should have gotten more than HP though....I saw HP once in theaters and I saw ROTK five and counting big grin I've been trying to go but I have no one (with a car, mind you) to take me sad Ack it sucks not having a car....

ohbloom
hello everyone best of luck to rotk, it was a really nice movie and it wont be shocking if they won any grammys the show was great
bye y'all

angelsflame265
and this is as it should be smile

SilverFighter
That's the spirit Pippin Took big grin remenber the golden globes was a good sign for ROTK. So ROTK is a favorite to win !!!!

manny321
THE KING SHOULD BECOME THE SECOND BIGGEST FILM OF ALL TIME IN ABOUT ! AND HALF WEEKS, I WILL BE HERE TO REPORT!!!

shadowy_blue
But I'm afraid ROTK already stopped showing in some of the theaters. sad

manny321
well du its playing 1800 theaters from 3700 8 weeks ago!!

manny321
but trust me it will make atleast another 20 million from US!!

conway
for whoever...return of the king isnt making as much as titanic because of one key thing that i have read..i think it was on this forum!? i dunno but its movie piracy,when titanic was around the internet wasnt evolved very much..but now it has evolved loads and people are watching movies 1- even 4months before they come into the cinemas!,if the internet hadnt evolved then...well its quite obvious..it would be over the 1 billion mark ALREADY!

Discos
yep thats a main reason why, too many pirate copies cirulating roun nowadays, The Return of the King is still showing in Scotland and should be until about May/June till like last year wiuth the TT,

It should beat Harry Potter no problem, but however Titanic was a film about 95% of people wanted to go see it perhaps because its a love film - not to be sexest but every girl in my school hate LOTR, its somewhat "geekish" of a film.......this could be another reas (different genres),

also with Harry Potter - well it was a childrens film, if people under 11 years old (or so) went then that means there parents would have went along with them to see it I suppose.

Discos - nice siggy Mr Mannie

hobbit_lover
YAY!!!! Lord of the rings rocks!!!!!

Discos
indeed it does, and non of that pathetic rocks, big boulder/stones rocks....yeah

Lady Ellie
There are a lot of people who ask me what's so great about LOTR. When I tell them, they say that HP was BETTER and that LOTR is boring! I really don't understand that! There are also people who say that LOTR sucks, and they haven't even seen the movies or read the books.
I mean, first go SEE the movies and THEN tell me what you think of LOTR!!
And oh yeah, I almost forgot... LOTR ROCKS!!!

Discos
there is a huge amount of understanding and patience which needs to be devoted to watch/read Understand......of course with an open imagination

Harry Potter quite sucks, decent story line but very childish in some cases

Discos - HP was so boring that I seen a lady knitting a scarf in the cinema whilst the movie was showing haha

PippinTook
It's still showing in the US...It'll probably be showing for a while, too big grin Hope so! I'm still trying to get someone to take me to see it again...I shall say this yet again: it sucks not being able to drive sad

I am very fortunate to have tons of people in my school who like LOTR big grin I only have a few friends who are *ahem* extremely passionate (almost as much as me...hehe) about LOTR...Two are guys and the other's a girl. Everyone else just likes LOTR as a movie. They haven't read the books or anything. My "passionate about LOTR" buddies have seen the movies well over three times and have read the books many times. But some...other...people who (I still can't believe this, but...) actually hate LOTR don't like it because it's "stupid" or, as you said, Discos, "geekish." Believe me, I have had extremely long arguements with these non-LOTR fans about why they hate it and why it's an awesome movie/book. Eh stupid people still don't like it...They don't know what they're missing. Those young fools! May death come quick and painful upon thee! I mean, even if you don't like LOTR, you shouldn't go around announcing it, just waiting for me and my LOTR buddies to start arguing with them, like the fools at my school. Argggg. But, luckily, I have a teacher who likes LOTR so she can back me up big grin Students dare not argue with teachers...most of the time stick out tongue

Ushgarak
No film now or in the near future will come close to Titanic, and to ascribe that to movie piracy is simply self-deception.

Also remember that whilst this will make ROTK the second highest grossing film of all time, that makes it far from the second most successful film of all time.

Adjusted for inflation, even Titanic is only 6th on the list of most successful films- above that being Ten Commandments, E.T, the Sound of Music, Star Wars and Gone with the Wind- all bigger films than Titanic, a mark ROTK is not close to yet.

A long way to go- and ROTK will only go so far. It can aim for the top ten in that list, perhaps.

Leggy_n_Merry
I so agree with ya there Diamond! I am fortunate too as I have 1 friend who loves LOTR like me and another who likes it but then she said she was disappointed with ROTK confused sad no and then another one who loves it but not like kinda obsessed. And aswell in my school like yours there are people who hate it and think it is boring!! How can ya say it's BORING of all things??!!

Ushgarak
(shrugs)

Some films are not for everyone.

Leggy_n_Merry
oh well - at least we know that it's good smile

PippinTook
Yeah that's the wonderous thing about you guys in this forum smile EVERYONE (except for those stupid newbies who just come around starting fights about LOTR) in here loves LOTR! big grin You guys...I love you guys love

shadow link
but u gotta remeber with that inflation thingy times was a different then (excuse my incohirent slang) like when sound of music was on an stuff they like keeped on shoin it for like pfft 2 years, people instead of going for a picnic would like just frollick along to the movies and everyone saw it coz they just kept showin it plus also ther wasnt as much 2 compete with

these days the movie will be right outa there depending on how much its makin and yeh u get my point

and also rember people was like around when titanic sank so they have a connection with it, itd be like if they made a movie oif the twin towers thingy, heaps of people would see if (if its a good movie) coz they was involved with it- but yes i do think it made a ridiculous amount of money its like double number 2

Ushgarak
I think trying to make out cultural differences are the cause does not help. Even if that was so, you can hardly apply that to films such as Jaws, the Exorcist and Star Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.