Who watches Indie Films?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Holcomb
So what is your favorite independant film of all time?? Wondering if anyone has checked out those new commercials on IFC..they are freakin hilarious. Especially the one with Susan Sarandon.. they all totally crack me up

Cinemaddiction
Independent films don't usually make it to mass markets, unless they come by way of Sundance. So, my answer would have to be "on occasion".

No art house places around here, and I think they'd be full of beatniks, anyway.

For good "independent" movies, that are readily available, I usually can rely on Trauma Team for a good laugh.

SaTsuJiN
I love independant films. I also love foreign films, as Shall We Dance? is one of my favorites

botankus
I used to watch them until they started getting so full of themselves.

Evil Dead
I loved Pi............and A Better Place was also golden.

thorC
i have seen a lot of inde films. The Usual Suspect is my all time Fav Flim. The Spider is the good one too. mmmm lets me think. Memento, Identity, Snatch, Amelia, Blue, Before Sun Rise. it depends on what kind of movie you like. but of my suggestion don't try to see horror film, coz you will thorw up before the end,( as i mostly did)

heen68
I've seen a few indian films.

Holcomb
I'm a fan of memento too. Strange but good movie. Usual Suspect is a great movie! I like how it's so different. So none of you have seen the spoof commercials?? I was hoping one of you had seen them so you could laugh with me...

Tex
I love watching Indie films, GhostWorld and Lantana being 2 of my favorites.

There's this great theater in my neighborhood that only shows Indie films, I visit about 2 times a month

www.angelikafilmcenter.com/dallas

thorC

BackFire
Yeah, I usually see alot of independant horror films when they come to video. I like alot of independant movies that aren't horror as well, but there are no art house theaters around here so I have to wait for them to come to video. Some of my favorites are...

Irreversible
Requiem for a Dream
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
I Stand Alone

Corlindel
I prefer Indie films than anithing else. No doubt about it. And I am very surprised for Lost in Translation nomination. Something is changing...or no? stick out tongue

foxota5
rervior dogs, elmariachi american splenor gods and monsters

Cinemaddiction
I just watched a really good indie film tonight, called "Home Room".

In a nutshell, it's opposite sides of the school age spectrum, brought together by a related tragedy, and in the end find something they never would have found otherwise. Friendship.

I know it sounds like a basic plot, but the way it plays out between Erika Christensen and Busy Phillipps is nothing short of remarkable. I never heard of Busy before, but she SOLID, and I've developed a real appreciation for Erika, as well.

Anyway, if you're looking for a couple of real gripping indies, "Home Room" and "My First Mister" would make for a good movie night.

BackFire
Hmmm, I just passed Home room off as a typical "goth meets pretty girl" type movie. But I have heard many good things about that movie from alot of people. I'll have to check it out.

Kaleanae
I do, I do, I really love independent films and foreign films

Kaleanae
My favorite indie films
Pi
Strictly Ballroom
la femme Nikita
Welcome to the Dollhouse
Requiem For a Dream
Million Dollar Hotel

-Stiff-Kitten-
Sorry about this 'cinemaddiction' but I found "Home Room" very dissapointing, the plot was lacking and the whole theme is seriously cliche..."typical goth meets pretty girl type movie"? Indeed!

movieman
God I hate it when people talk like this.

"Who watches indie films?" "That movie was artsy" Gah.

I hate it.

Cinemaddiction
Err..what other movies had this same theme and ending? Elaborate, I implore you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.