This is making me craaazzzyyy!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
I dont understand this Dechiper Card:

First Ian Hughes was Beregond, in the credits of the movie he was Iorlas and now he is Imrahil ???

http://shop.decipher.com/Images/CardImages/LOTR-EN08037.jpg

At first, *I* wanted him to be Beregond just because I miss him, but it seemed like they merged the characters of Prince Imrahil and Beregond into one, acting both the parts that the two characters had done in the book, and I thought it was OK, I understand, and then after that, I heard some people confirming that he was supposed to be Beregond, and then I said again, well, that's fine, at least it's confirmed already and it's cool to have Beregond around, then I saw the movie again and decided to wait till the credits (shame on me for not doing so on my first time of showing, I know) and then!! When I saw the credits, what I saw is, Ian Hughes as Iorlas, and then that's the time that I really snapped out, and I was like, "WTF!? What does Iorlas have anything to do with this!?! Dude! Why can't he just be Beregond!?! We don't need Iorlas!! Beregond is far more important and popular than his brother!! It's not that hard to make him Beregond is it!?!", I mean c'mon, just put in the credits, Ian Hughes as Beregond, and that's it! It's not that hard, and all of us could be happy with that and this thread never existed!!

And now, in this very cool but very confusing decipher card, he is Imrahil?!?, man, this guy is far too young to be Faramir's uncle and the father of Eomer's wife! roll eyes (sarcastic) She's just like at the same age of Faramir and Eomer!! Guess they made Prince Imrahil as Lothiriel's brother. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Prince Imrahil is an awesome character, but I rather not have him than to have an actor that is filling up 3 known characters. (it's a different case from the actors who are playing orcs)

So, what's the real deal you think? confused

I'm not angry...just..just..confused. big grin

Kitoky
I thought he was Beregond!! He's not supposted to be Imrahil!! Imrahil didn't play in the movie! Arrgh! I like him more as Beregond...

shadowy_blue
Yeah, I was just so happy with the presence of the silver swan banner at the coronation, at least we have some Dol Amroth's presence, and I've too long accepted that Imrahil won't be in it, and I've made myself believe that that guy is Beregond..and now!?!

Smodden
wait, was that guy in the movie? ididn't see him...

Kitoky
Uh yeah that's the other un named character that girls are starting to drool over...The general dude of Gondor.

LegolasLover411
naw, more like Legolas and that Haldir dude from Elrond. *faints*

shadowy_blue
LOL...they're actually drooling over him!? LOL.

He's also the guy that brought Faramir back to Denethor from Osgiliath. the one who said..."Hurry! Quick!"...(lol..that's really descriptive)..but yeah..he was also the guy who said.."It was the Lord Denethor something something...Long has he foreseen this doom". when Faramir and his troops retreated from Osgiliath.

Kitoky
And comes Gandalf's famous line - "Seen and has done nothing."

nazgulinthedark
maybe hes in the extended one or something

ATM4eternity
He was always Beregond in my book wink . But if he was supposed to be Imrahil then shouldn't his armor be different??

Kitoky
He fits better as Beregond, I don't really understand why they kept a characte out like that and was Iorlas in the books?

This is the same scenario with Glorfindel! mad

pip-foot
maybe the card company didnt have enough pics so they used a different person on the card. since Imrahil wasnt in the movie, theyd have to have another pic to be him.

Exa
LOL... Imrahil... ok... but he is officially called Irolas (perhaps a variation of "Iorlas", Bergils uncle?) and I think thats the best version though an Irolas doesnt appear in the books - and, lol, this guy cant even be Imrahil, according to what Tolkien writes.

Smodden
so is the guy in the movie and on the card... prince or beregond? I mean what is his name in the movie? or does he even have one...

Kitoky
BEREGOND! He's better as Beregond and Beregond's cool in the book!

Exa
HIs name in the movie is Irolas, but before RoTK came out, the actor was said to play Beregond (I think shadowyblue also said so in the first post stick out tongue )...
Yet I think its stupid to say hes Imrahil... I mean, his description is absolutely different from the book (and it also cant be any other Imrahil with just the same namer because the quote under the pic is taken from the scene in the book when the supporting armies arrive in Minas Tirith) plus this Imrahil or whatever obviously belongs to the guard of Minas Tirith and is already present before any other armies should have arrived (though they dont in the film), and when Faramir returns he seems to be something like guard of the king's hall.

shadowy_blue
Oh...so was it Irolas...why do they have to change the spelling? confused..now they're making up a completely original character?? This is confusing me big time..

Exa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.