Dead Man Walking (HP/LOTR>Adventure/Fantasy)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BOPRecruit 16

airangel429
(.....then? big grin harry's having dreams of being kinda like being like aragorn right......with the fighting the orcs......)

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review:

have you ever read my carry on story, number 4? it was up in the hp forums along time ago, last year but i've stopped writing it. similar concepts with major plot alterations.

harry's having visions of seeing life through aragorn's eyes. from aragorn's view and the way he thinks and moves. harry is going to be having more dreams about aragorn and won't find out their true meanings until later. i don't know how much later yet.

i've been wanting to update, but haven't been in the right mood and state of mind to get the proper update typed and loaded/posted yet. sorry for the wait!

later,

sodapop allerdyce

airangel429
its okie..yeah i remember that carryon!

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review:

Than you understand the connection between Harry and Aragorn, and why he has those particular dreams.

airangel429
yes

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review:

As a reminder, none of the lotr characters are going to appear in the present day time like they did in the carry on story. There will be exceptions and slight twists later though. ^.^

later,

Sodapop Allerdyce

BOPRecruit 16
Making his way down the hall to the stairs, Harry could feel the small grooves in the old wooden floor from years of use. Somewhere in his mind, it told him that this texture reminded him of the old wooden platforms that snaked about the trees within' the Lothlorian forest. During the night when he couldn't sleep, he would take off his weather beaten boots and go wondering about the balconies that lay near the open air room. Suddenly bringing a stand still to these "memories," Harry wondered where did that come from. 'I don't...never have...owned any boots in my life...' he thought. Harry turned these ideas over in his mind as he descended the first flight of stairs. But the more he thought about it, the more confusion it caused him in finding it's source, it's cause.

BOPRecruit 16
As Harry zigzagged his way through the obstacle course of furniture through the living room, he tried to find a logical explanation for these strange dreams just before a headache began to form. Recalling all the dreams he had since the last couple of days of his fifth year and the start of summer vacation, they were all about the same person. Harry was never able to get a good look at this person, but he did know that this man was named Aragorn. Well...at least that was what people referred to him as in his dreams. Either that or Strider. From what Harry could tell, Aragorn was a tall, observative, intelligent and a courageous fighter. He was especially good with wielding a sword.

Whenever one of these dreams came on, Harry had no control whatsoever in what he did in his dreams except his own thoughts...and sometimes he heard Aragorn's...It was like he was in this man's mind and seeing, doing, and feeling what he did. Through the eye's of an experienced warrior, Harry could see wonderful landscapes of devine forests and fields. Plus, to know what it feels like to kill a living thing in battle and not take time to pity it. Somehow this was all possible...Somehow these dreams felt...

BOPRecruit 16
Various "Good Morning, Harry"'s and "Oiye, Harry!"'s came flooding through his ears, interrupting his train of thought. With the mist clearing from his mind and eyes, they soon regained focus on reality. Harry's vision was met with a group of familiar, freckled faces and red haired family that were the Weasleys. Suddenly, he was able feel his fingers rubbing his temples free of a minor headache, which he hadn't noticed until now. Curling his lips into a small smile, Harry said in his usual soft, shy morning voice, "Good Morning..." He walked over to the table to sit in his usual seat next to Ron and across from the twins, Fred and George. Mrs. Weasley was soon at his side, serving him some fresh pancakes, bacon, eggs and a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice. "Are you alright, Harry dear?" she asked kindly, her tone of a concerned mother.

"Huh?" came the muffled reply of the latter with a chunk of toast in his mouth. Looking up to clarify the question asked of him, Harry said in return, "I'm fine." It was a flat and vague answer, but Mrs. Weasley accepted it anyways. She didn't feel like pushing the matter. For all she knew, Harry was probably still depressed over his late godfather, Sirius Black. Ending the conversation, Mrs. Weasley made her way around to the Twin's side of the table to give them second helpings to breakfast. Harry slowly picked up his fork and began to chow down on his pancakes. He was used to that question by now, but never really wanted to give a lengthy answer to whoever asked. Everyone believed it was Sirius on his mind, but that wasn't always true. Not these days.

BOPRecruit 16
A few moments later, after everyone had finished eating, Mrs. Weasley announced that she would be taking everyone to Diagon Alley today to go shopping for supplies for the coming school year in a few days. Rushing back upstairs, all the teenagers quickly got dressed in some normal muggle street clothes with their black school cloaks over them. About fifteen minutes later, they all piled out of the cramped station wagon and made their way through the Leaky Cauldron. Gathered out back standing in front of the brick wall, Mrs. Weasley took out her wand and tapped certain bricks in a specific pattern to make them shift and allow the group passage. Once the bricks shifted into an arched doorway to reveal the alley beyond, their gazes were met with crowds of wizards shrouded in dark colored cloaks that were protecting them from the rain.

Looking up to the cloudy sky above, Mrs. Weasley mumbled softly out of wonder, "What strange weather we're having..." Then to herself, 'I have never known it to rain here...' With her wand still in hand, she quickly swished and flicked it to conquer up six rain proof cloaks with hoods. Before allowing any of her charges to enter, Mrs. Weasley handed each of them a cloak and some money before running off. Fred and George raced off down the alley to get to the other end where the joke shop was. Ginny immediately ran into a bunch of her fellow fifth year girlfriends to go check out the clothing and shoe stores. Leaving Ron and Harry to make their way over to the Magical Mangerie to rendevous with Hermione.

BOPRecruit 16
Upon arrival just outside the pet shop, Hermione came out with a smile for them and hands busy holding bags of school and cat supplies for her cat, Crookshanks. Putting her burdens down on the ground, she came over and gave then each a warm welcome and hug. Hermione took a quick peek at her silver watch that her parents had gotten her for her sweet sixteenth birthday. Looking back up at the boys, she said, "As much as I love seeing you guys again, I'm sorry that I can't stay long this time. I need to get back to the Leaky Cauldron shortly after lunch time. So we'll have to rush for now, is that okay? Let's go!" And with that, Hermione quickly lead the way over to Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occassins shop, back the way that the boys had come. They went here first because she had insisted upon getting them all new robes since their old ones had been battered from their last adventure. Over the next couple of hours, Hermione dragged her friends almost all over Diagon Alley. They went to the stationary store, Fine Quidditch Supplies, a couple of book stores, and then went to the ice cream shop for a much needed lunch break.

Afterwards, Ron requested to go to the joke shop to see what the Twins were up to now. When the trio did get there, to Harry and Hermione's relief, they didn't see any of the new incoming first and second years' faces twisted in illness that were gathered around Fred and George in front of the shop. While Ron went to go look in the shop and chat with his brothers, Harry and Hermione stood nearby the crowd, not interested in what the shop had to offer. Soon, Harry's attention began to wander to gaze about at the dark clad figures going by them. He found it a little unnerving to see absolutely everyone in such dark cloaks. They reminded him of Death Eaters and Dementors, of whom he didn't have fond memories of.

BOPRecruit 16
Hermione shifted her weight over to her other leg in slight boredom, then checked her watch again. "Oh shoots! It's almost 1 o'clock!" she said anxiously. Hearing the alarm in her voice, Harry turned his gaze to her just as Ron was coming back over to them. "You need to get back already?" asked Harry. She nodded, "Do you guys want to come with me?" "Sure, no problem, Herm," answered Ron. "Harry?" The latter checked his own watch and shook his head at them. "No. Sorry, Hermione. Since we ourselves have to get going in an hour or so, I must get to Ollivander's right now. See you in a couple of days, Hermione." The two quickly traded hugs before she and Ron made their way about the crowd and down the alley to the Leaky Cauldron. Harry turned on his heal and walked past a few shops over to Ollivander's wand shop.

Inside Ollivander's, the shop was narrow and filled with shelves that held thousands of little narrow boxes of wands. The room was dimly lite by the incoming sunlight and oil burning lamps. There was an arm chair near the window and a front desk some odd feet away. Harry walked straight up to the counter and tapped the little service bell. The little ting of the bell was soon followed by the squealing sound of wheels sliding across a rail. Soon, the form of Mr. Ollivander appeared, perched high on that book case latter. The old man's face twisted into a smile as his misty eyes came to rest upon Harry's. "Ahhh...Mister Harry Potter has returned! Long time no see, young sir. What brings you here this time?"

"Er...Hello, Mr. Ollivander. I'm here to get my wand fixed...or replaced...," said Harry in a slow reply. Reaching into his cloak's inner chest pocket, he pulled out his battered wand and handing it over to the curious shop owner. Harry quickly supplied that he had busted it during a Defense Against The Dark Arts class fifth year. He lied by saying that a new spell that the class had been practicing had gone awry when two people had fired the same spell that collided into both wands. Breaking or disabling their magical use somehow. Ollivander just raised a silver brow at this and said nothing in return as he continued to scrutinize Harry's wand. With a few quick mutters to himself, the old man soon looked up at Harry and said, "In conclusion, your wand can't be fixed, Mr. Potter. I'll have to hand you some wands to test you again. There are some new brands that came in earlier, I'll go to the back and get them for you. Wait here."

BOPRecruit 16
Shortly after Ollivander left the front desk, the sound of creaking hinges on the front door announced the entrance of another customer. The little hair's on the back of Harry's neck suddenly raised and that feeling made him not want to turn around to see who the newcomer was. He could hear the soft clonking of boots tapping the floor as the person drew nearer. Harry could now see a tall figure (not much taller than him) standing next to him clad in a black cloak with the hood remaining up within his perepheral vision. Judging by the built, it was a man. The hood moved slowly from side to side as the mysterious man studied the appearance of the wand shop. Soon the gaze fell upon the bell and a black leather gloved hand tapped it a couple of times. The call brought the shop owner rushing back.

With his arms full of narrow boxes, Ollivander carefully placed them on the counter before Harry and then scooted over to the new customer in waiting. Harry quickly chose a wand and began testing it in the direction of a nearby empty book shelf. Once the wooden shelves of the object snapped off and fell to the floor, he placed the wand back to grab another. Just as Harry was doing so, he noticed the hooded figure's head ever so slightly turned in his direction and then back to the old man at the counter. Ollivander struck up his cheery smile again and said, "Welcome to Ollivander's Fine Wands shop! I don't believe I have seen you here before, young man. How may I help you?"

'Young man?!' thought Harry in surprise as he got out a third new wand to swish and flick away at a corner of empty boxes. To prove that he wasn't hearing things, the young man under the dark cloak began to speak. "Hello, Mr. Ollivander. You are right, we have never met. I'm sort of new to this area," he said. His voice sounded young and calm, but wise in some way. "I have a favor to ask of you..." he said as one hand shifted the cloak on his right side away to reveal a dark brown leather belt. There were some loops on the belt, one was occupied by a foot to a foot and half long white wand of some sort. This didn't look like any wand that Harry had ever seen for it was thicker in mass around and one end didn't narrow down to a stubbed point.

BOPRecruit 16
The mysterious youth held up the wand near his chest, but not outstretched to the store clerk. Harry watched intently now, as a gloved thumb slowly stroked over a string of engraved golden symbols upon the upper end of the wand. Since the little store had gone utterly silent, the wizards could hear the young man softly inhale and chant, "Bragol alaa, Ita'istar." The enchantment caused the symbols to glow softly as the image of the white wand began to shimmer like a mirage in a desert. One end began to grow downwards, so the youth moved it a few inches away from his body. While that end made it's journey to the ground, the other increased a bit before sprouting into an intricitly weaved carving with a strange jewel trapped within' it. Once that jewel had manifested into the carving, the tall, narrow, ivory white wizard's staff had ceased its soft glow and shimmering dulled until the ray's of torch light were able to reflect off of it.

Harry and the elderly shop keeper gazed at this in an amazed stupor. The stranger shifted his grasp upon the staff and placed the end tip upon the wooden floor of the wand shop. From the way he held it, it was as if it were a walking stick. "I ask of you to find a wand that matches the material of this staff," said the soft spoken voice of the youth. He carefully lifted the wand and placed it upon the front counter. With his hand still upon it and slowly observing the shop once again, "If such a thing were to exist...in this time and day..." Suddenly snapping out of his stupor, Mr. Ollivander nodded his head briskly and placed his own wrinkled hand upon the mysterious staff.

"I'll get on it, young sir!" said Mr. Ollivander. The hood gave a curt nod of recognition and released his grip. Ollivander scooped up the staff with both hands balancing it near the ends and turned to make his way towards the opposite end of his shop. Although the old shop keeper had many burning questions to ask the young sorcerer, after witnessing such a sight as he did, Ollivander was so anxious to examine the staff that his bewilderment didn't seem important.

Trickster
This is a really good story! You said the characters from LOTR wouldn't appear, but is that Gandalf?

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review

Thanks for the compliment, Trickster! big grin

Let's just say that MOST of the characters from LOTR won't appear in this story anytime soon. Only in memories, flashbacks, and dreams, by far.

The character in question is not a reincarnation of any of the LOTR characters. Plus, I mention that he's a young man, so he can't be Gandalf. The mysterious youth in the wand shop is an original character of mine that I was originally saving up for a special LOTR story and many other stories. Since I was so fascinated and excited about my creation, that I couldn't wait any longer to get him into action within' my stories, so I decided to feature him here first. I know that this story won't get much into his background, but that'll be saved for another story. This young man will be an important character later on in the story. Plus, you'll later find out why he has that particular wizard's staff and more. In other words, keep a close watch on him and the other original character that I'll introduce within' this chapter!

Later,

Sodapop Allerdyce

BOPRecruit 16
Soon the little shop had gone quite once more, with only the faint sounds of breathing and the patter of rain upon the roof. Harry's hands slowly made their way back to sorting through the pile of wands. He felt like he needed to occupy himself so that he wouldn't have to fill in the silance. His mind was not quite ready to let him voice any curiosity he had towards this stranger. Harry felt like he needed to observe this person more than to question. But, that need soon faded away after a few moments of utter silance between the two and some odd defect wands later. Placing the wand back down and finally turning his attention to the hooded figure, Harry asked shyly, "Uh...Excuse me, sir...Who are you?"

Upon being addressed, the mysterious youth straightened his posture and slowly turned to face the young sorcerer and to lean against the counter. For the first time and at a new angle, Harry could now see that he had deep blue eyes. The eyes were all he could see amongst the shadows that shrouded the youth's face in darkness underneath the dark hood. "All I am is but a wanderer seeking knowledge of this changing land. To see what this place has to offer and teach me that of what other places could not. Am I right in assuming that there is a place of learning here?" asked the stranger in his usual calm voice.

Harry didn't answer him right away for he was taking the time to absorb this information and sort it. The answer to his question was vague...or more like it was incryptive...but either way, it didn't exactly answer the question asked.

BOPRecruit 16
Harry didn't answer him right away for he was taking the time to absorb this information and sort it. The answer to his question was vague...or more like it was incryptive...but either way, it didn't exactly answer the question asked. "Er...there isn't a school here...but there is one not far from King Cross Station called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I'm a sixth year there," answered Harry. Then in a curious, slightly suspicious tone, "Why you ask?"

There was a short pause and then the youth spoke in a reflective tone, "Ah...Hogwarts. Now that name does ring a bell... Before I moved here, I had the option of going to any wizarding school within' Europe. I thought I'd check this place out before I headed on over to Germany and France. Besides, at least the people here speak english!" The stranger grinned warmly underneath his hood, but Harry didn't notice.

A "wow" expression spread across Harry's face. "That's cool. So...does that make you an American?" he asked. He has never met an American before nor one that was a wizard at the same time.

"More or less," replied the latter, shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head in a "so-so" motion.

"Huh...," whispered Harry as he relaxed his shoulders from the brief excitement. Than taking a few seconds to think and then out loud, "Well...If you plan to enroll at Hogwarts, you better do it soon. Term starts in a couple of days."

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind," said the youth. He paused in mid-thought as he observed Harry's appearance, measuring him up. The deep blue eyes came to rest upon a certain feature that stood out amongst everything upon the boy's face. An oddly shapped scar almost hidden by those unruly brown bangs.

Harry immediately realized what the stranger was staring at. He half prayed, half hoped, that this guy wouldn't make a scene about his lightning shaped scar like everyone else did. Too many people would get excited or praise the sight of the famous Harry Potter. He found it quite annoying and extremely embarrassing if the wizard bowed or asked for a group picture...or something like that...

The mysterious youth titled his head to the side slightly and lifted a hand to point in the general direction of the scar. "How did you get that scar?" he asked, with a faint tone of awe.

'Wow, didn't see that one coming!' thought Harry sarcastically and mentally rolled his eyes. "...It's a long story...I'd rather not say." To emphasize that command, he waved a hand in the air to dismiss further questions on the matter.

BOPRecruit 16
'Wow, didn't see that one coming!' thought Harry sarcastically and mentally rolled his eyes. "...It's a long story...I'd rather not say." To emphasize that command, he waved a hand in the air to dismiss further questions on the matter. For a fraction of a second there, Harry got the notion like he was advising a guard or counselor to stand down.

"Oh, I see...," said the youth in a soft spoken, gentler, sympathetic tone. "Well...please forgive me for intruding." The hood bowed his head, weighing in the possible tragic scenarios in his mind. From the way the boy expressed his answer, the body language and quick denial, made it plainly obvious that the story behind the scar was painful and personal.

The sudden sound of worn out leather shoes scuffling towards them, prevented any more questions that the youth may have had for Harry. Cerulean orbs flickered over to the elderly shop keeper, eyeing the staff and the dark narrow box in hand. Mr. Ollivander straightened his posture and put on his signature warm smile as he took up his place behind the counter, once again. "Hullo, again! Sorry that I took so long. Finding a wand crafted out of material as rare as yor staff here, is a hard find, young sir." He lifted and placed the staff upon the desk, then presented the little box to the mysterious youth before him.

The latter stared at the box for a bit, then reached out with a gloved hand and took the offering. With the other hand, he pulled away part of the ashen hued cloak and neatly deposited the box into the nearest chest pocket.

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16

Laviera_j
Readers Note: OMG! I was really getting in to that! Is the mysterious figure in the blood coloured scalf, ashen coloured scarf, khaki and leathers going to be a (love the eccentiricities and has a dark background - kind of have to love-) character? Or is he going to be a (Love to hate) character? I am dying to read on! I think I am going to love him! (even if he is evil!Lol

Keep going!artist

If you want to know what I am most interested in, then it is the relationship between Harry and Mr Mystery, and what is going to happen! bookSo exciting! eek!

clapping

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review

Hey Lava! big grin thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my story with care. *hugs* always love to hear from my best gal pal from the uk!

anyways, don't worry. he's not going to be a character that you'll love to hate. he to be the type that everyone will think is dark, mysterious, and cool to be around sort. there is more that i can say about him, but i don't want to reveal anything ahead of the game. can't spoil things too soon!

i would keep going if i didn't get so much damn writer's block! mad i have tons upon tons of forthcoming ideas for this story and many others. but all i have accomplished so far is coming up with ideas and noting them.

i'm glad that you think that. as the story progresses, the connection between harry and the mysterious stranger will slowly be revealed, chapter by chapter. i won't say how they connect, other than teacher to student connection.

i so can't wait to write more kickass scenes with him in it! eek! believe me, he's one of the best original characters that i have come up with by far out of all of my original mutant creations! he'll play a big part in the story and for what's to come.

if you read the chapter two spoiler at the end of chapter one, it stats that mysterious stranger is going to be hogwart's new defense agains the dark arts professor. keep a close eye on him out of all. he will bring much to the table. plot wise and dada class wise. *wink wink* cool

hope to update this story soon,

sodapop allerdyce the sane psycho

Laviera_j
Reply to authors Reply on Review

Yes! I knew he was going to be a character that would be the love to love character. Mysterious, cool...different! I cannot wait to see what happens! big grin

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review

Read this if you dare to see what the future beholds for him...(if you really don't want to know and desire to be surprised, than don't read this spoiler!)

The incoming defense against the dark art's professor has much history with harry's past life, aragorn son of arathorn, king of gondor. He would seem to be the youngest professor in history to teach at hogwarts, but knowing his true age, he's by far the oldest.

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16
Author's Note

To some of you whom read this story, but don't post a reply in this thread, could you please go to the ff.net link below and submit a review there for me? i would appreciate that very much! big grin same goes for the ones who do and are my best pals here at kmc.

Fanfiction.net > Sodapop Allerdyce > Dead Man Walking > Please Submit Review!

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16
Coming to the conclusion that he wasn't just about to admit his "visions" to them, Harry decided to change the subject over to the mysterious stranger that was taking residance in the compartment down the hall. "You know that really tall guy we saw boarding the express not too long ago?" he asked, returning his focus upon his companions once more. Their expressions were of worry and then melted away into one of understanding and eager to listen. "Well...I have this really strange feeling about him...or maybe I'm just being paranoid because that's how I feel around most strangers. Anyways...I saw him looking directly at me before I came in here. He said hello but with no words, as in he just nodded his head and all...and hat! I returned the gesture, which was odd...But, that's not the point! What I am saying here is that I got some kind of freakish notion that I should actually know this man!" Hermione and Ron gave him skeptical, disbleiving stares. "And...I don't think he's the kind that you just happened to run into somewhere! Don't ask me how, but I...I feel as...as though we go way back..." Harry let out the rest of the tension in his breath come out in a heavy sigh from such a heavy load of realizations that were beyond his comprehension...at least for now...

Ron's face was scrunched up with an incredulous expression of fantastically outrageous belief being difficult to absorb. "Blood hell..." he whispered under his breath. Then raising his voice for his friend to hear, "How in the heck do you know that?! That man is covered from head to toe in a funky looking outfit that's not even of the wizarding atire! How can you possibly tell who he is?" Ron emphasized certain parts of his speech with hand gestures that had been a habit since childhood. "I mean...you have to be freakin' psychic to know that! Unless you know something else that we don't..."

Ron was interrupted in mid-sentence for Hermione had placed a firm grip upon his shoulder, signaling him to stop his raunting. "Ron, will you please calm down? Don't make this into such a big deal," she said in a mild scolding tone that she normally used with him when he was being overly dramatic. "You're going to make Harry feel bad for even speaking up in the first place." The red head's eyes narrowed at her, taking in what she said and then his expression softened as he looked over to his other best friend with apologetic green eyes. "Sorry...," the latter said shyly out of embarrassment for his behavior. "I didn't mean..." Hermione slipped her hand off his shoulder and back onto her lap.

Feeling a little better from Hermione's chastizement of Ron, Harry smiled softly and shook his head, "No really, Ron, it's okay...I understand that was alot to handle. Even I'm having trouble with figuring this out!" He raised an arm to gesticulate his own uncomfortable bewilderment that landed back at his side to rest. Since none of them had a clue as to who was the mysterious stranger aboard the express, they all put the subject to rest and wait until they got to the Great Hall for the feast and the Sorting Hat Ceremony. They were going to rely on the Headmaster to reveal this during his speech.

After the train took off from the station and for the next overbearingly long passing four to six hour ride to Hogwarts, the golden trio talked about their summer vacations, their forthcoming classes for the year, and played multiple rounds of Wizard's Snap and Wizard's Chess to kill that time. During the middle of the journey, the Food Trolley came by their compartment and they eagerly purchased refreshments. Another trolley dropped by nearly an hour or so later to ask them if they would like some sleeping supplies just in case they wanted to take a quick nap before arrival. Hermione and Harry eagerly excepted the offer, so that forced Ron into getting some too.

BOPRecruit 16
As Harry was setting up his pillows near the edge of the window, Hermione placed a charm upon the twin seats she shared with Ron, so that an individual seat could slid forward and lean back like a muggle car seat. This would give both of them enough room to sleep on a seat instead of the hard, cold floor since there were no cotts available in the compartment. Harry and Ron laid down upon their make shift beds and moved about to get comfortable. They whipped their thin wool blankets over their bodies just as Hermione clapped her hands to douse the lights from all the way in her bed.

Harry closed his eyes and sighed contentedly, for he was able to stretch out his body completely across his lone row of seats without any worries of accidentally hitting his neighbor in his sleep without realizing it until they were rudely shaken awake. He was, of course, referring to Ron since the red head did have a habit of having wild sleep behavior. "Ron can be such a drama queen..." sighed Harry mentally and grinned a private amused grin. He felt his mind sinking and finally accepting the sandman's magic to make him fall asleep and temporarily forget that his dreams weren't normal anymore. The small smile upon his face soon faded away to give him more of peaceful and angelic appearance as he lay there, now asleep.

This time of rest did not go wasted by viewing darkness behind closed lids. The swirl of colors within' a blurry image began to stream along Harry's mind behind his sleepy eyelids. A familiar sensation of a gentle breeze and long locks of dark brown hair flopping about and tickling his face welcomed him into the otherside of the world and time that his dreams brought him everytime. Soon, Harry's vision began to come into a sharp focus as he took in the figure of Eomer standing before him, surrounded by his fellow and loyal Rohirim. He felt his mouth moving, saying something with a worried conviction, "They would only seem child to your eyes." Harry recognized his new voice as Aragorn's. He felt his left arm move to demonstrate the height of a halfing that he was referring to.

Eomer's wide raven eyes studied the ranger for a moment, considering the possibility of a race of people that were that short. He slowly shook his head and gave Aragorn an apologetic look, "We left known alive..." Eomer looks grave for a moment more than placed his helmet with the marking of a horse crowning the top that covered most of his head. The loyal Rohirim did not notice the look of distress upon Harry's face as he remounted his mighty stead. Eomer quickly gave a fleating glance over his shoulder towards the burning pile of dead orcs near the edge of Fangorn Forest and than turned back to Harry. "I advise you not to linger here much longer, this land is cursed by the White Wizard, Saruman." And with that, he yelled to his men and they went galloping off towards the northern borders of Rohan.

Harry moved his stern gaze beyond from where the horseman had been standing to where he had seen Eomer looking towards. His eyes widened at the sight of the pile of black bodies and dark smoke pillowing out from it. The ranger's heart began to constrict with grief of what he hoped wasn't true to his mind as he began to make a mad dash over to the clearing near the edge of the forest. Harry could hear two pairs of feet closely behind him, following suit. The young sorcerer worried not for his new outter self knew it was only his fellowship companions, Legolas and Gimli.

~TBC~

BOPRecruit 16
By the time he reached the top of the hill to the clearing, Harry could plainly see the remains of a battle and the burning corpses of the dead. Sad emerald eyes stared upon the gruesome pile and doing nothing more than that mattered for now. He didn't take much notice to the movment beside him when Gimli stepped forward to examine the remains with the blade of his axe. But, when the ranger did notice this action, he was about to tell the dwarf to leave the dead in peace and show some respect until the latter held up a familiar elven sword sheeth from the wreckage. Gimli said something aloud, but Harry didn't hear him for his heart sank to an all time low. His body seemed to have become numb from grief and failure. Such intense and sudden were these emotions washing over him, that it made the ranger feel weak in the knees and crumpled to the ground upon them.

Harry cried out in pain for the loss of the fellowship's youngest members, Merry and Pippin. He felt his fists clench into balls and raising them towards the heavens every so slightly, in an weak attempt to tame these wild emotions. All the while, repeating mercelessly over in his mind was, 'I've failed to save them...' This ranger had never failed to keep his promise...until now... In the background and somewhere over these depressing matters, Harry could hear the soft voice of an elf chanting a silent prayer in elvish not far from behind him. Legolas was hoping that the halfings' souls would find peace and ascend to the heavens above.

Ever so slowly, the realization that they could do no more for their lost companions, dawned on the ranger's mind and heart so that he bowed his head down in resignition. He was also struggling some to hold back his unshed tears that were threatening to fall and for all to see that their great leader wasn't as strong as they were lead to believe. Harry stared straight into the ground for a while in a blind state. Soon, he tried to get his mind to quite mourning by allowing his eyes to explore the curves in the soil and disarrayed grass. A few moments went by like this, with every single sweap of the area becoming increasingly fascinating to the ranger.

Harry tilted his head to the side a bit with new found glory in exploring this sight. His brow furrowed as information came flowing forth into his mind and rapidly clicking into place. Depression was tossed aside from the discovery. He scanned the ground further from where he was kneeling and got to his feet. The sudden movement after a long time of solumn peace, snapped the other hunters out of their dark reveries and immediately focus on him. They came up to him and Legolas was the first to voice his curiosity, "What is it, Aragorn?" Without tearing his fixated gaze away as he began to take careful steps about the battle torn earth, in a soft, distant tone the latter said, "The ground is still soft from the previous night's battle."

Harry took a couple of steps forward to then squat down and run his hand near a patch of bear earth that had a small indentation. "A hobbit lay here...and their wrists were bound..." Like a path in a maze, he was eager to follow the small path of flatten grass left by bodies that had been crawling away from their captors. "They crawled on hands and feet..." Further ahead and with Legolas and Gimli not far behind, Harry squatted down again to pick up a thick mass of rope with the ends frayed from rough and frantic severing. "...their bounds were cut..." The ranger leaned over a bit to examine the tiny footprints that left depths of varying sizes in the soil. Harry quickened his pace, as did his companions. "The tracks lead away from the battle!"

The texture of the ground below his gaze began to change as he went along. Tufts of grass, once plentiful in the Pleannor Fields, began to thin out and the turf was soon covered by dead leaves and bark from nearby trees... Harry rasied his emerald orbs upwards abruptly to confirm that indeed the tracks were leading them towards a forest. He came to halt before the edge of the dense gathering of trees. "...into Fangorn Forest..." said the ranger in a stupor of awe. Harry froze to the spot, his breathing almost ceasing like when he halted, for he was not familiar with the layout of this rarely treaded upon territory. 'Why...?' the hunter asked himself, but was cut short by a strange outside noise of some sort.

Wonderful shades of nature began to blur and smear until the scene no longer made sense to Harry as the Fangorn Forest. Colors were quickly surrendering to the darkness, of nothingness. The boy's mind was in a slight panic at the sensation of that other world being torn, taken away from him when he wasn't expecting it nor prepared to let go just yet. No longer could Harry feel the wind upon his face nor the teasing of long silkly locks. All of this other world was being replaced by the gentle rocking of his body upon something soft. Sensations of warmth of a blanket and a unruly short fringe were amongst the first things to welcome the Boy Who Lived back into reality.

BOPRecruit 16
Taking in these new sensations and the familiar sounds of an express train, it dawned on Harry that he had fallen asleep earlier and was riding the Hogwart's Express to school. Also, to be duely noted, he always felt nausious, dizzy, after a dream like that and sat up too soon before it went away completely. He decided to remain where he lay, neatly sprawled out upon a set of seats with his face angled towards the window in satisfying comfort. With his eyes still closed and ignorant to the world around him now, Harry allowed his mind and other senses to do the exploring instead of his opticals taking it all in. Other than the noises the train and gusts of wind were making, the faint sounds of soft breathing hinted that his friends were still asleep across from him to his left.

There was also something else...Something that he remembered picking up beyond the boundries of his dream. Harry concentrated hard to ignore all of the other noises to hear this mysterious one. Suddenly, just beyond the window that his pillow was smashed up against, there came the distinct sound of wings beating. From the way that great amounts of air were shifting, the wing span of whatever was out there sounded huge, enormous. The more that Harry heard and thought about this, he came to a conclusion that this thing wasn't far away at all...More like the window was the only thing seperating them. Growing ever more curious, the young sorcerer's eyes flew open and turned his body half way around in place to get a good look outside.

Fortunately enough, Harry had accidentally fallen asleep with his glasses still on the bridge of his nose. He used two fingers to push them up higher to bring everything into better focus. Emerald fields (orbs) shadowed by the darkness of night, laced with sleep, scanned the slumbering world of passing landscapes and puffs of black smoke from the engine of the express. The long slender form of the smoke would furl as the wind played and teased them this way and that. Harry wondered vaguely, "What's so special about that?" Huge, mighty wings slapping the air could still be heard and seemed to draw nearer to him. The boy's eyes widdened as a large form began to phaze its way through the trail of smoke.

So much like the huge wingspan that he calculated earlier, the shadowy figure that was attached to them was even bigger. Although he could not see the entire body, Harry could see the shape of a pointed snout and a elongated neck floating before the whisps of smoke. The Boy Who Lived suddenly became confused as to why he wasn't afraid like most people exposed to a sight like this. Instead, there was the hunger to know more. Ah, a magical creature it was, but of what kind? Such a shame that it is so dark out... Suddenly, and without warning, the creature opened its big golden eyes. Harry gasped and that sudden intake of breath seemed to catch in his throat.

Those eerie orbs of gold seemed to reflect the moonlight and made them shimmer, giving them the appearance that they were glowing in the night. Also, making it difficult to spot the huge black slits within' that were cat like in shape. Eyes that were like a sunrise in its golden phaze, slowly and gracefully turned the head to look over at Harry. The glow vanished for a fraction of a second as the creature blinked. They soon returned to stare at those strange eyes behind the window nearby. Bizarre moltingly bright emerald orbs were meeting its curious stare and wonder. Within' the frame of a few seconds, the eerie green flashed a couple of times and slowly faded back to their normal, calm and expressive emerald nature. There was no doubt in this creature's mind that it had flown over to the right compartment.

~TBC~

BOPRecruit 16
The longer that Harry stared down into those golden depths, the more he mentally nagged himself for not even beginning nor showing signs of fear and even panic with an unfamilair creature in his sights. Just didn't seem natural to the young wizard. If Harry did take more time to think about, he would've realized that he hadn't felt nor known the infamous emotion in quite a while. The mortal coil of ingnorance did not run deep within' any corner of his soul. Determination and courage were a dominating trait for both his innermost beings. With the remaining shadows of sleep uplifting from his form and the return of some common sense, Harry lowered one hand to fumble around for his wand in his pant's pockets. All the while, never did his gaze wander away from the creature's.

Many times, did his fingers find nothing but the rough texture of his jeans for he wasn't putting much effort into the searh. Harry only needed his wand for a bit so that he could use a magical light spell to get a better look at what the mysterious flying figure outside was. Meanwhile, beyond the window, the dark form studied the young sorecer's facial features and stature. In a way, measuring him up to see the truth in what his younger companion had told him a few days ago about this young one being "him." It still couldn't quite grasp the concept of such a mortal as youthful as this one could endure and live up to their king's entity, soul. Then again, many of these people it was surrounded by these days did seem awfully young compared to this creature in age.

BOPRecruit 16
Suddenly, the furling trails of thick black smoke began to thin down to the point where the landscape was becoming visible through it before the luminious eyes. The eyes narrowed in deep thought, no longer thinking about the boy. With given knowledge of many forms of transportation, namely trains in this matter, the dark figure became aware that the express train was about to come to a stop shortly. The golden glow upon the slenderly shaped head turned its attention to what was up ahead. Tiny orbs of torch lights flickering in the distance from the school's station told the creature that it must not linger here any longer than necessary. Also, it determined that the location of their arrival was about five to seven miles away and passengers would need to be notified soon. Raising the golden orbs a few degrees higher to gaze beyond the train station and with a wide landscape dividing the property, the castle known as Hogwarts stood proud and noble upon the uprising formation of earth.

When the moltening gold shifted away from their staring match, Harry was left to wonder as to what had distracted it so. The hand that had been searching for his new wand had just given up, for getting a glimpse of the creature didn't seem to matter right now. Reflecting upon what he had just seen with the smoke, he could now see more of the shape that defined the winged magical creature. Although Harry still couldn't tell what it was, his eyes could indentify a fluffy mane running along the neck and concealing the other features upon the slender head. The long dark locks moved like the waves upon a calm ocean surface with a gentle breeze tossing it about playfully. A few locks of the mane poured forth over one eye and with a graceful swish of the head, it flipped to the side. This behavior reminded Harry of a horse that he had only seen in his dreams.

BOPRecruit 16
He smiled at this for a while until the sound of a magical PA system knifed through the moment and silence. The sudden break in the stillness nearly made Harry leap out of his skin. He shifted his attention back inside the compartment to hear the announcement. "To all passengers aboard the Hogwart's Express," said the low, booming voice of an anxious train employee anouncer. "We will be coming to a stop in about ten minutes, so I suggest that you all wake up from your naps and prepare to board off! Thank you, that is all!" Silence reigned the compartment for a few short lived seconds until grumbles of protest came from the sleepy Hogwarts' students. Harry could hear his friends begin to stir in their seats, including the colorful words that the redhead was muttering under his breath. The brunette rolled his eyes at the thought if Ron's mother were here to hear those words.

By the time that Harry looked over to see Hermione sitting up and stretching her tired muscles, it suddenly struck him that he had forgotten about the migestic creature outside their window! Frantic emerald flickered back over to the view outside to only find that the dark figure had vanished. Harry leaned a bit closer to the glass, looked side to side, but found no sign of it. "Bloody hell...! thought the Boy Who Lived, cursing for letting the strange sight go like that. In the background across from him, Hermione clapped her hands a few times that allowed the lights to come back on. Their compartment was soon fluded with brilliant light to which Harry closed his eyes and winced from the sudden, sharp pain of his pupils diolating so rapidly.

BOPRecruit 16
For the next ten minutes or so, the great many sounds of ruslting hands and feet set about to tidy up his or her compartment could be heard through out the entire section of the express train nearest to any one person. The golden trio neatly stacked their sleeping supplies upon their seats temporarily until they could get their luggage down from the shelves above. As the boys pulled out the handle and wheels upon their chests of posessions, Hermione placed their borrowed supplies up high onto the shelves. Soon, with everything in order and hand, they stepped out into the hallway and made their way past some open compartments and down to the nearest exit to wait until the train came to a complete stop.

When the express pulled into the station and the doors slid open, conductors jumped out from the doorways and conjured up a ramp for the students to walk off with ease. Harry and his friends manuevered through the sea of wizards and witches to get closer to Hagrid, the school's grounds keeper, so that they could talk to him along the way to the shore of the lake before they had to load onto the little boats to get across. They only managed to get close enough to be behind the crowd of first years that were entow around Hagrid's gigantic strides. Since the golden trio had the advantage of being slightly taller than the incoming first years, they were able to watch were they were going easily.

With that given, Harry noticed another tall figure walking alongside the grounds keeper. He immediately recognized the mysterious dark stranger from earlier for his clothes made him stick out like a sore thumb. A couple of the first years were trying not to walk too close to the strange man. Harry mentally brushed that off as those kids just being scared and nervous around a stranger. Also, he noticed that the fedora hat was angeled to the side, looking up and was talking up to Hagrid about something. Harry could hear the grunts and cruff accents in the half giant's dialect as he chuckled and responded to the stranger's questions and so forth. Based on Hagrid's reactions to whatever was being said, must mean that the man walking beside him wasn't such a bad person as the clothes had hinted to many. Although Harry had a theory about him, he was concerned that the guy was going to have quite a presence and a scary persona like Professor Snape or something of the like. Clearly this observation made him relax and feel a little better about the dark stranger, although he still had much to learn about him.

~TBC~

BOPRecruit 16
A few moments later, the huge incoming crowd marched their way up the marble staircase, passing by a huddle of nervous first years before Professor MaGonagall at the top and through the entrance hallway. As everyone was drawing closer to the great big wooden doors of the Great Hall, the two tall adults amongst them excused themselves to the front as they parted through the middle of the herd. Since they were the first to arrive before the grand entrance, the doors magically swung inward to welcome them in. The increasing gap between each set of doors allowed the light from within' the Great Hall to flow forth and spil across the hallway and people nearby, making their faces glow from other than anticipation.

With doors wide open like outstretched, welcoming arms, the sea of people flowed in like a diverging wave into the Great Hall. As usual, there were four elongated lackered tables for each house with millions of firey white candles floating a few feet above them. The ceiling above was shrouded in many wonderful shades and hues of blue and black, matching the night sky beyond. All of the students from second through their seventh year, quickly seated themselves amongst their friends and proper housemates. They left room towards one end of the table closest to the school staff's table near the wall at the opposite end of the vast room. Meanwhile, Hagrid led the mysterious stranger down the aile between the Ravenclaw and Gryffidnor table towards the one where all of the teachers and staff were sitting.

The grounds keeper found him a seat between the potions' master, Professor Snape, and the divination teacher, Professor Trelawny. When Harry had looked over and spotted this new seating arrangement, he quitely laughed to himself and felt emmense pity for the guy. That poor man had to make small talk with an uptight ex-death eater and a crazy woman who kept making silly predictions about your sudden demise. Harry grinned whickedly as something just came to mind, "Oh, this should be good! I can't wait to see what happens when she finally drives him insane with her nonsense! Hmm...I wonder if he could give Ol' Greaser there a connimption...? Be hella funny to see him tick Professor Snape off!" After that delightful thought, he turned his attention back over to his friends and told them the news.

BOPRecruit 16
Soon as everyone was comfortably seated, the entire room went as quiet as a graveyard as Professor MaGonagall led two neat lines of first years down the center aile towards the section of floor before the staff's table where the Sorting Hat, perched upon a stuwel, was waiting. All of the room's occupants' eyes were fixated upon the front of the room. The transfiguration professor took up her position next to the old hat, gave her introduction speech about the ceremony, and then unfurled the scroll of names in her wrinkled hands. For the next fifteen to twenty minutes of the Sorting Ceremony, Professor MaGonagall read down the list of names to which lead to

BOPRecruit 16
***PLEASE IGNORE THE ABOVE/PREVIOUS POST. IT'S AN ERROR. I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT GOT POSTED WHILE I WAS WORKIN' ON THIS ONE. SINCE I'M NOT ALLOWED TO DELETE IT, JUST BARE WITH ME HERE, PEOPLE!***

Soon as everyone was comfortably seated, the entire room went as quiet as a graveyard as Professor MaGonagall led two neat lines of first years down the center aile towards the section of floor before the staff's table where the Sorting Hat, perched upon a stuwel, was waiting. All of the room's occupants' eyes were fixated upon the front of the room. The transfiguration professor took up her position next to the old hat, gave her introduction speech about the ceremony, and then unfurled the scroll of names in her wrinkled hands. For the next fifteen to twenty minutes of the Sorting Ceremony, Professor MaGonagall read down the list of names to which lead to the latters coming up to sit upon the stewel and having the hat placed over their heads. The weather beaten hat filled with numerous stitches would study the children's mind and then shout out the chosen house.

By the time that MaGonagall had finished A through K of the alphabet, she paused in her role call and looked up at her audience. She ignored their perplexed expressions and said, "Before I continue role call, I have a very important announcement to make. I would like for you all to know that we have a new student who enrolled at our school at the last moment. He's an American all the way from New Orleans, Louisianna, which is in the United States. Also, he's going to attend here as a seventh year and must be sorted into a house." Professor MaGonagall paused and took a moment to refer back to her list for the name. "Larsen, Aldin!"

Upon recognizing the name Larsen, Harry suddenly froze and emerald eyes went wide from shock of recognition. He whipped around in his seat to see the identity of the cloaked stranger from days ago and to stop whispering with his friends. Harry looked to the front of the crowd of first years in line and spotted Larsen immediately. For the seventeen-year-old was about a foot taller than the others around him. This "Aldin" guy sported the raven school robes that seemed to compliment his golden blonde hair. His hair was short in the back and long in the front and crown. Floppy bangs that almost overlapped the top of his ears. The candle light gave the gold a nice shiney and silky look to it. Harry couldn't see his face nor his eyes for Larsen had his back to him.

BOPRecruit 16
Within' that short frame of scrutiny, Aldin Larsen stood tall as he approached and sat down upon the stewell. His deep blue eyes scanned over the sea of faces as MaGonagall held the Sorting Hat above his head. Just when she was about to place it over his golden locks, the stitches that resembled a pair of eyes and mouth twitched and blurted out, "Ravenclaw!" Many faces contorted into expressions of utter amazement at this. The hat had never came to a desicion this quick nor before touching one's head since Draco Malfoy became a Slytherin five years ago. And like the platinum blonde fifth year, the new Ravenclaw had a huge grin on his face. All of the girls at the Ravenclaw table began to applaude with joy that they got the cute one as a housemate. Soon, everyone else at their table and the rest of the crowd joined in. Aldin stood up and went to find a seat in a nonchalant manner, as if this were no big deal as it was to everyone else.

Harry's brow furrowed in deep thought as he continued to look on at the blonde. Intrigued to have learned what the seventh year's name was and what he had actually looked like underneath that dark hood. He remembered those cerulean orbs quite well, calm as the ocean blue and as penetrating as the twilight night skies. In the background and, once again, no longer seeming important to watch, the Sorting Ceremony had continued after the crowd got over their short lived stupor. Harry returned his attention back to his friends and answered their questions of why he had reacted the way he did when Aldin was announced. Nearly ten minutes later, the ceremony was finally completed. All of the houses received a fair and nearly equal amount of new additions to their tables.

The Great Hall soon became very noisy as all of the older students were welcoming and introducing themselves to the new comers. Getting up from their spots to shake hands, exchange names, and make them feel at ease. All except the Slytherins, who were going about in a more calm and proper manner of ediqutte. At the center head of the staff's table, Headmaster Albus Dumbledore got to his feet and requested for silence above the buzz with his hands raised. So it was said, so it was done. Dumbledore's inquisitive brown eyes flickered from familair face to familair face out there. Then, taking a deep breath and in a clear speaking voice, he began his traditional lecture about welcoming everyone back and explaining the school's vital rules that must be followed at all times.

BOPRecruit 16
As the headmaster briefed the rules about the Forbidden Forest, try outs for the school's Quidditch teams, punishment for bad behavior, and how schedule's work; his audience began to grow restless from their unrelenting attpeittes within' them. Even, Harry noticed, the dark stranger between "the mental cases" was losing his perfect posture and was beginning to slump in his seat. Somewhere during the explanation of poor behavior and bell schedules, the young sorcerer's attention was renewed with the fascination of learning as the man began to remove his black leather gloves and placing them next to the set of forks before him. Then, raising one bare hand, he pulled down the scarf to his neckline that revealed the lower half of his face that had been concealed from view. The skin was fair and smooth underneath the glow of the candle lights.

"This year, I was fortunate enough to be allowed to hire whomever I wanted as our new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor without any pressure nor grief from the Ministry of Magic, like last year," said Dumbledore with a hint of pride in his voice. Harry decided to tune back into to what the headmaster was saying, for he too, desperately desired to know who it was this year. "He is a wonderful man and was so kind to accept my invitation, even after I told him about our school's reputation!" At this, the old wizard smiled warmly and raised his hands a little in a form of a small praise of gratitude. Also, nearby, the dark stranger staightened up in his seat, knowing it was almost his que. "It is with great pleasure to introduce to you, Hogwart's brand new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher...Professor Draven Sabatt!"

Upon hearing his name called, the latter got to his feet as all eyes were captivated on him. A wide grin spread across his features as he reached up to remove his fedora hat and bowed graciously. The arm holding the object pressed across his chest, with the hat held near his shoulder. With said object gone, it left to reveal long goregous locks of red hair that had been tinted almost to the roots, a metallic like orange. The light seemed to shimmer off the color like metal would. Professor Draven Sabatt's hair was swept back into a ponytail except for a few lone locks that had strayed from it. They framed his face when he had bowed, giving him a slight angelic appearance. Golden shades carefully balanced upon his cheek structure. "I am most honored to meet your acquaitances," came the soft, smokey voice of the new DADA professor. He slowly sat himself back down into his cushioned seat. Draven reached over the silverware and his neglected leather gloves on the table, and gently placed his dark brown fedora hat just beyond it.

Before Harry had gotten the chance to calm his racing mind down from data overload, Dumbledore regained the attention in the room and announced that the feast may begin. He clapped his hands a couple of times that caused steaming plates of hot food and a variety of jugs of refreshments to appear upon all of the tables present within' the Great Hall. Everyone gasped with great delight and began to dig into the dishes eagerly. Just before Harry allowed himself to endulge in all this, he cast one last look in the new professor's direction. Draven had a fine red eyebrow arched in wonder from the sight of the arrival of the feast. An audible growl protested to Harry for food, so he eagerly turned back to serve himself and appease it. He joined in with his friends and fellow housemates' conversations, with a mind feeling at ease for having the mystery of the two strangers' identities been revealed. The Boy Who Lived allowed himself to believe that there was nothing more to learn about them beyond his own two eyes for the time being.

~END / CHAPTER 2: A WINDOW'S VIEW~
>>TBC<<

Author's Note: (Commentary is Coming Soon!) ^.^

(No spoilers available for Chapter Three!)

BOPRecruit 16
Commentary (Author's Notes)

Hey Everyone,

I would like to make a few things clear about the new content that I added to this chapter (2) recently. Like, the differenitation of hair color. Take different shades and references I make about blonde hair. When I say that Aldin Larsen's hair is "a golden blonde", think of Jonathan Jackson's (General Hospital and Disney's Tuck Everlasting) or Brad Pitt's hair in "Interview with the Vampire". When I describe it like that, you can tell it's very different from a "platinum blonde", which is like Draco Malfoy's (Tom Felton) in the Harry Potter movies.

The other thing that I wanted to tell you guys is about Professor Draven Sabatt's voice. When I say it sounds soft and smokey, think of Johnny Depp's voice. As for his hair, I don't need to provide further explanation of that. No confusion there. About his golden shades, they look alot like Alucard's from the manga, Hellsing. Also, his clothing looks like a combination of Gabriel Van Helsing from Van Helsing and Alucard's, too. I'm quite aware that I describe Draven as being really tall alot. To give you guys a rough estiment of his height, I would have to say...somewhere between 6' to 6'4". As for Aldin, he's somewhat taller than the actors who play Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) and Draco (Tom Felton), but a bit shorter than the teachers.

Later,

Sodapop Allerdyce the Sane Psycho

P/S: One more thing, as for news on the progress for Chapter Three, it's becoming quite difficult to come up with a plan for this one. Sorry, this may take a while to form an outline and appear here at KMC Forums and FF.net! Please be patient, my readers. ^.^

BOPRecruit 16
Chapter Three: Not Alone (SPOILER)

(Over the weekend and nearly a month into the school year...) While meditating for a Divination (Level 4) assignment, Harry discovers something very unique about his aura. The session is cut short when Draco Malfoy enters the courtyard and calls his rival by a pecuilar name that Harry had never expected him to know. Aragorn. Curiosity and suspicion is aroused as to how the Slytherin knew that name. Luckily, Draco drops by the golden trio's place in the Great Hall to deliver a private message to Harry stating that he would like to meet him by the lake to talk after lunch, alone. The Boy Who Lived complies, unaware of the astounding news that he's about to receive. Also, there is an ancient posession that is to be returned to him. (What could it be?)

Note: Chapter Three might be subject to change, but that isn't for sure of yet. Enjoy! ^.~

Laviera_j
Wow, Soda, you have gotta get back to work on this one! i love it so far! It is awesome! I particularly liked Draven - and his name fits the face I made him to a T! Love the shade of hair he has too. I am glad the hair colour for Aldin was cleared up too. Sandy blond/mousy is better than platimun! (like BP in INterview with a Vampire)

If you want to know my opinion about anything else, you know you can PM me any time!

Love lots
xxxxxxxxx

Lava the Tutamlik

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review

I really appreciate it that you love my story so much and the characters that I created for it. Don't worry, I will get back to work on this story as soon as I can manage! It's just that it has taken me forever to formulate enough ideas into an outline for chapter three. During the time that I'm not working on posting new content, I keep myself busy by typing up alot of notes and brainstorming. I had to put alot of thought into chapter three in advance. I even have ideas and events that won't come until much later! Also, I have some rough outlines for (about) chapters four and five.

What you must know about what went down with making rough outlines for the next three chapters, was that I needed to find ideas/events that I had noted down earlier and try to see what I could use for a chapter and what to leave for the next. Plus, plan out which events from the LOTR movies should appear as Harry's visions/dreams throughout those chapters and the rest of the story. Luckily, around that time when I was recalling which events from the movies should be visions, the extended version of the second movie was on HBO. I took plenty of notes! (Yea!) Anyways, I found the extended version quite fascinating for I had never seen the extended version before. So, this means that I will be including some of the deleted/extended footage in Harry's visions. (Just thought you should know for you might not recognize some of the visions that may come up!) I am so grateful that I had decided to watch it that day for I had needed to review the movie so badly!

With all of the LOTR 2 events in mind and notes, I had to figure out which ones I was going to use off the list and space them out throughout the next two chapters, more or less. I am trying to wrap up the LOTR 2 visions, so that I can move onto ROTK. It's very vital that Harry reaches those events within' his visions/dreams! (I am not going to spoil you by saying exactly why those events are important.) For Chapter 3, Harry is going to have three visions. The first one that I'll mention is that he'll be remembering a previous dream. That way I don't have to bother going through the event and save length so that the chapter won't get too long and lengthy. The next vision will be very brief and during a boring class. (Hint, hint: History of Magic) Last, will be vision towards the end of the day when Harry gets to bed. The first and last vision will be extended footage, so that should be fun for those who haven't seen that yet.

Like I said, the third chapter takes place about a week into the school year. Originally, my plans for chapter three were for chapter four. I had an outline for the old version of three, but the content seemed too boring and couldn't find anything good to spice it up. Plus, I got lazy and wanted to skip ahead to chapter four where more of the action would be. So, I scratched out plans for three, so that four shifted over and became christened, three. Don't worry, you really don't miss much in that chapter! Basically, it had Medical Care, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Ancient Runes as the main classes that are focused on while I skipped and briefed the others. It's the first day of school.

By the way, Medical Care is the name that I came up with for that class where students can learn to become midi-wizards, doctors. Since there were no academic descriptions for this class available at the Harry Potter Lexicon, I had to create my own name for that class and what the students would learn. If you were wondering why I have Harry taking Medical Care and Ancient Runes, is for the fact that it has something to do with the Aragorn side of him and the curiosity to explore those new fields. (After all, the students are supposed to take more advanced classes and things that have to do with their majors.) As for the rest of his schedule and the bell schedule that I designed myself, I will explain that sometime after or during posts for chapter three.

Draven and Aldin appear in the old version of Chapter Three, but they won't come up at all in the new version that I have come up with recently. I think it would work better that way, at the rate that I'm writing/planning three. But, don't worry your pretty little head for they are going to have larger roles in the next chapter, four. Well, at least for Draven. The size and bulk of their roles from chapter to chapter will vary. They will remain mysterious for quite a while. Everyone gets to learn and know one side to both of these newcomers, but there is another side that almost no one will see. That mystery will slowly unravel along the way and won't be completely revealed until towards the end of the story. (Say the last couple of chapters...more or less.) Draven and Aldin have an unknown duty/mission there other than being a professor and student (undercover, basically). (I'll stop rambling about their mystery before I blab it all away to you guys!)

Now back to what you mentioned in your review about Draven. What is it exactly that you like about him and describe to me what his face looks like in your mind's eye? Glad you liked the name. Draven Sabatt fits him perfectly and so smooth and kick ass! All the names that I come up with for my original characters must be kick ass and fit their persona. Same goes for everything else that I name, person or not. I have to really like the name or phrase in order to use it, most of the time. If I don't like the name that could fit the character, I keep working at it until it does. For I don't want their names or anything to sound corny! (As best I try to do that...)

I thought so too, that Draven and Aldin's hair compliments them perfectly. I made sure that their hair, eyes, and facial features matched their persona. I based them off of looks on guys that I like, espeically young male celebs. Draven's hair is totally original and I always thought that would look cool. (Originally, his hair was going to be a dark brown that almost looked black.) As for Aldin, it was mostly spined off from Brad Pitt and Jonathan Jackson. I pretty much have a clear idea on who I would like to see (imagine) in the role of Aldin, but I'm still debating about Draven. Originally, I was going to use the actor who I had playing him when I used this character in my (old) rpg game, Hellsing's Exiles, but I'm not so sure now. (The reason that I'm not mentioning the actor for Draven's name is that I don't want to spoil your image of him.)

As for news on progress on chapter three, I'm typing up the outline for it and nearly half way through. Also, I'm rearranging certain events within' it in order for everything to flow smoothly. Having everything sound and run smoothly is key to me, (which can be a pain at times and cause update blockage...). Working on this outline is alot of fun and I can't wait to type it all up and then post it for all to see! There is going to alot of things happening and many discoveries to be made by some of the characters and (most of all) the readers. ^.^

Also, the title for chapter three, Not Alone, fits it so well! I didn't realize it bore the same phrase that appeared on Halle Berry's character's forearm in 2003's Gothika (movie). I didn't notice the coiencidence until I went to Blockbuster to rent movies with my friends and noticed the dvd for the movie on the shelves. Anyways, I thought that was cool.

Of course, I'll let you know if anything else comes up that I need your opinion on, Lava! (For now, I need to hear from you about this review here!) I'll try my best to get chapter three up as soon as possible. Also, I hope that you get the time to work on your poems and stories very soon!

Later, my friend and best wishes,

Sodapop Allerdyce the Sane Psycho

Laviera_j
REPLY TO REPLY TO REVIEW Pt 1

Whenever I hear the name Draven I think "raven". To me, I have always seen the raven with the outsider. The Raven is the watcher, the silent, and the beautiful.

When I heard you describe him with red locks, I would gobsmacked because an image filled my mind. This is what I saw:

red locks tied back with an old piece of material or leather. His clothes are suspicious looking and his face is set. He does not acknowlege or smother Harry as many others have done. He is indifferent. There is something hidden - something deadly. I saw him with a scar on the cheek maybe, shallow, but noticable to those who are searching for it. He raises his dark eyebrow when he is feeling superior, or indifferent. People percieve him as mysterious, when it is reservation. Holding something back.

When I hear Sabbat, I think of the (i know it is wierd) all hallows eve. a night of mystery!

to be continued......

Lara_Croft
Cool Story i wonder what the real story will be like

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review (2)

Hmm...that's quite fascinating, Lava. I never knew that that's what Draven's name meant! Glory, his name does fit his character like a glove more than I had ever expected it to be! I just came up with the game for I thought it sounded cool! (Who would've thunk?!) When I was creating the name, I tossed the idea of the name "Draco" around. Not after the Harry Potter Character, but after the dragon from 1996's Dragonheart, with Sean Connery as the voice actor. Sadly, I can't remember how I came up with the rest of the first name sounding like "raven"...*sigh* It was just too long ago when I created this character and his name. As for his last name Sabatt, I just altered the last couple of letters of the band name, Black Sabatth. Since, at the time, I used to watch MTV's "The Osbournes" reality show alot and used to think they were cool, I decided to do something with a part of that name. Also, I think I might've heard something about "sabat"...but it was something gothic of what not...(I used to believe) *shrugs* So there you have it, that's how I came up with Draven Sabatt.

Thanks so much for informing me about the meaning of his name, I'll keep that in mind for future reference. Although, there won't be many other original characters of mine with a similar name like his, for I try to make all of my characters' names different and unique to them. As for the way you invisioned him, that's pretty much dead on on what I had in mind of him being like. So much mystery surrounds him, which is what makes him appealing in the first place. Draven will come off as a darker character than Aldin Larsen will be. You really won't find out why that is until later. (But, I will tell you this: their personas are linked with their powers. *wink wink*) As for the way that you have just described him to me, I'll try to keep that theme a float and go with it! lol

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review

Why, thank you for the compliment, new reviewer! Now, when you say "the real story", does that mean that you have never read the books, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter?

Laviera_j
Hey Soda, quick quick on the new chapter! (just an eager fan jumping on her heels to read the next bit! lol

Laviera_j
still jumping.........(although my knees are beginning to hurt.....) lol

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16
In the meanwhile, as the young sorcerer's mind was elsewhere from the reality before him, a trio of familiar Slytherins were standing my an earthened brown, sun kissed Pegasus, teasing it. One of the bigger boys, Goyle, had a budgy hand full of feed and would pull it away, out of reach when the stead's mouth came too close. The other one that would remind anyone of a bodyguard to his platinum blonde companion, was stroking his hand harshly against the Pegasus' neck. Draco Malfoy, the ring leader, was petting the snout, but didn't seem to hold much wonder and pleasure in such a motion. His thin, pale face told the world that he was bored out of his mind for he could honestly care less about a class that taught about how to tend to filthy creatures such as this one that the big ouf was ranting on and on about. Draco's slender fingers found their way to the stead's bangs and began to play with them. As he did so, he slowly drew up a plan to make the moment a little more..."interesting".

Draco's sharp eyes had noticed from earlier, that every few grains of time that crawled by, the Pegasus would stretch her mighty wings out and display an impressive wingspan that was nearly as long as Hagrid was tall. The streaks of hazel blazened across the gap between him and his limit of arm reach. Draco took two cautious steps back, pretending to draw away from her, shot a quick hand towards the closest wing tip and tugged hard until a single feather ripped away within his retreating grasp. The sudden, yet temporary, pain snapped a synapse in the demi-stallion's mind. Her deep blue eyes darkened and stared daggers at the impudent human. She snorted loudly in Draco's face for they had destroyed the last straw in her tolerance towards their race fondling her. The Pegasus shifted her firey gaze to and through to the blonde's lackeys, letting them know to back off now or else get themselves into a whole new world of pain.

When the fat, bold boys of the ring leader didn't move at a fast enough pace to her liking, only infuritated her more. The brunette stallionn was at her temper's breaking point as she shifted her weight onto her hind legs and balanced there for a few seconds before her forefeet made a heavy stomp upon the earth. All of this racket caught the attention of the entire gathering with looks of alarm upon their face. Once again, Draco managed to piss off another of Hagrid's guests with an audience to bare witness to his possible doom. The Professor was about to dash over to the enraged Pegasus by Harry and his friends, but the other next to him with a silvery coat, began to act up too. Hagrid snatched that one's reins with one large, shovel sized hand and turned half-way towards Harry's section to bark at them to stand back and let him handle it. Lucky enough for the students, all of the pegasus present were tied down with traditional horses' reins to the twin trees by their haunches.

BOPRecruit 16
This entire collection of commotion blaring into Harry's ears caused his state of reverie to be shattered like a fragile bubble. The sphere of fantasy imploded, allowing the fresh air of reality to enter and awaken his senses. Twin spheres of emerald locked onto the matter at hand. Those same eyes widened in awe, wondering and blaming himself for not coming to a moment sooner. Harry drank in the scene, trying hard to think fast and access the emergency situation. Clearly, the female Pegasus had been disturbed by something or other that his old rival, Draco Malfoy, and his cohorts must have done. How typical of them. His gaze shifted over to the gatekeeper, who still had his hands full with the gray one, then back over to main attraction. By the mighty, protesting stead's feet, Harry's keen eyes honed in on the fact that the reins strapped around its ankles weren't going to last much longer, due to the amount of stress they were experiencing. He had to do something and fast.

Taking on the role of a hero, feeling as if this were his duty, Harry departed from the safe barrier between his best friends and made his way through the crowd towards the objective. He did not hinder Ron and Hermione's frantic warnings to return to them for his mind was already made up and focused completely upon the troublesome Pegasus. Not even an ounce of fear rose up to question the young sorcerer as he surpassed the facade of his classmates upon the border of reason and the clearing. Harry took cautious, yet measured and steady, steps as he neared the creature. There was a faint booming voice telling him to stop in the distance of his mind, but it feel upon deaf ears. Within' the mental haze of this strange display of erractic behavior, somehow, Harry knew exactly what to do to ease the stallionn without a second opinion from his conscious. Although he himself didn't have much experience with horses in general, he had confidence in his knowledge within' this state of mind. This portion of his mentality knew how to care for horses as if they were an everyday ritual of his life, nothing to it.

Laviera_j
OMG Soda! I am gonna have to read this thourally! It is amazing - I have only read the first section because I am due at a lesson, but I am gonna! And you will have a whopper of a review on your hands!

love ya as always,

LavaT

BOPRecruit 16
Reply to Review (I)

Lava,

Please title your review/comment like I just did above. To make it clear to me and my readers that you and anyone else who posts here, that it's a review and not a part of the story. Just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea of anything. Is that okay with you? Anyways, I knew you would love the fact that I finally updated this story! *Hugs* Don't worry about doing a long review. Hold your horses for I've got tons more to come in this chapter and in future chapters, when I get around to them! ^.^

Later,

Sodapop Allerdyce

Trickster
Okay, Bop, I've not finished, well I;m not far at all, but I'll finish reading it I promise!

Up to page two it's very good! stick out tongue

BOPRecruit 16
To everyone who reads my story here, if you would like to leave me a comment of any sort that's not of the bashing type, please go here and post: Dead Man Walking - Special Features (Author's Commentary)

MornGlory
puke

BOPRecruit 16
Having noticed what the young mortal was up to, the Pegasus swung her penetrating gaze towards him. Her wings and hooves at the ready to knock him to the forest floor. The young sorcerer would take a couple of experimental steps towards her, then stepped back when she lashed out at him. Harry was testing his limits of how far the reins stretched out, so that he could gage the amount of time he would have to rush in and be able to grip the leather strapes around the muzzle. When the Pegagsus' feet were a few narrow seconds from making touchdown with the ground, Harry ran forth in a blur of black and red, and wrapped his palms tightly around her reins. He held on with all his strength as he wobbled around from the stallionn's protest of his gain over her. A few yards away, in the background, Harry could hear audible gasps and many voices whispering. Also, there was to note the fact that the other Pegagsus' rebillion had been short lived, now that Hagrid had him under control.

Harry knew that just holding her down wasn't going to accomplish anything, so he carefully guided a measured hand, that normally held his wand, across the soft, hazel fur. At first, the Pegagsus snorted in his face, since he his was so close to her's now, but he kept on caressing that area. He began to make whispering, shushing sounds to help ease her. Once the proud horse stood stock still, absorbing this kind gesture, Harry knew he was getting to her. But, her wings still twitched in an agitated manner. He shifted his hand so that his open palm was stroking the soft, silky fur. Suddenly, as his shushing whispers began to transform into soothing words, Harry's eyes glowed a sparkling, eerie shade of green. This went unnoticed for no one could see his eyes, from the way he was facing the Pegagsus. The emerald light up like a flashing go light for a fraction of a second and was gone. Slowly becoming unaware of what he was saying now, Harry began to utter a strange, but familiar, anicent tongue that he knew so well from his visions.

<TBA - More Content On the Way>

BOPRecruit 16
Please do not post any form of an insult to me or my work here, unless you want me to report you to the moderators, if this continues. That's my second and final fair warning. (Same for the Three Days Grace thread)

BOPRecruit 16
Author's Note - Important Notification

Please ignore the part of chapter three that I've already posted! Earlier today, I came up with a new opening sequence that sounds more appealing and original than what I had earlier in this thread. I'll try to re-do this chapter sometime over the weekend, but not today. Too tired right now.

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.