any ladies down with Ghost World?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Donald Kaufman
I saw this movie, starring THORA BIRCH from the Awesome movie "American Beauty" and SCARLETT JOHANSSON who now is in Sophia Coppolla's "Lost in Translation". Both these Actresses have proven themselves to the public if not the Industry! Then there is STEVE BUSCEMI!!! The man is Awesome!!! He is great at picking his characters.
Back to the point...I work at a video store and I find most female renters don't really seem to like it. What is up with this?
Has anyone even seen this movie?

Cinemaddiction
Not a lady, but I liked it alot. Funny thing is, the plot of the story is kinda of recycled in "Lost in Translation", which I actually didn't like that much.

Donald Kaufman
Just not your traditional relationships in those 2 movies.
Thats what people are complaining about!!
What up with that? Not every story can be Romeo and Juliet laughing

Donald Kaufman
Great Freakin Chick Flick!!! stick out tongue

KillTheLight
I just watched this movie it was pretty cool.

Fawne
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Not a lady, but I liked it alot. Funny thing is, the plot of the story is kinda of recycled in "Lost in Translation", which I actually didn't like that much.

ghost world actually came first therefore lost in translation may seem as a recycled ghost world. I LOVED THIS MOVIE! i don't much consider it a chick flick hense the fact that the first poster said many girls don't like it..it is more symbolic if you watch it a few time

In the end when Enid leaves on the bus that wasn't running anymore to most meant that she commited sucide. it could be..depends on the way you look at it. i see it to repersent that she wasn't ready to change into an adult. everyone around is changing around her and she can't deal with it thus she leaves her problems so to speak which is what the bus is

i read a page of the graphic novel. it was pretty good. i have never read a graphic novels but still it does appear to be a good GN

MildPossession
I enjoyed Ghost World a lot, remember buying it on dvd when it was released on region 1 when I was in America, was looking through all the dvd shelves and came across this film, had no idea what it was at the time but the front cover looked quirky, so decided to buy it as a blind buy. I wasn't disappointed at all.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Fawne
ghost world actually came first therefore lost in translation may seem as a recycled ghost world.

That's what he said. erm

BTW, thought this movie was great.

EPIIIBITES
I never thought I'd use this compasrison, but it's like...there ARE two kinds of people in the world...people who get Ghost World, and people who don't.

...well, not really, but if I had to use that age-old comparison with anything, it'd be with Ghost World...(casue I knew people who got it and people who didn't...and I wasn't surprised in the slightest).

Bardock42

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
I never thought I'd use this compasrison, but it's like...there ARE two kinds of people in the world...people who get Ghost World, and people who don't.

...well, not really, but if I had to use that age-old comparison with anything, it'd be with Ghost World...(casue I knew people who got it and people who didn't...and I wasn't surprised in the slightest).

You didn't get it.

EPIIIBITES
Don't even...

Me and my friends TOTALLY get it. I have friends who are like, psychic...and they predicted every line in the movie before it even happened.

Wolfie
Good flick. I plan on buying it myself in the near future.

§P0oONY
I enjoyed it, I wouldn't say it's a chick flick.

Bardock42
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Don't even...

Me and my friends TOTALLY get it. I have friends who are like, psychic...and they predicted every line in the movie before it even happened.

Hmm, there are two possibilities as far as I can see:

a) The movie is total shit.

b) You didn't get it.

EPIIIBITES
eek!

laughing

Solo
Originally posted by Bardock42
The movie is total shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.