winter olympics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
anyone else like these things. i really love the downhill skiing and taboganing (the only event the british have a hope in hell of not finishing last in).

LanceWindu
The Luge is awesome

Texas
I dont know, the Atlanta and Nagano Olympics really sucked ass roll eyes (sarcastic)
There only good when they happen in Europe

I like it when the race around on those long skates
And when they ski off that big ramp

finti
Being a Norwegian I really should take time off work to watch the Olympics, to be truthfull though I cant stand winter sports.
Expect a lot of doping cases I belive almost 80% are doped and the Norwegians are the best at it since they seldome and never get caught.
Give me football(soccer) 24 hours a day...

Thomas H
We will win a lot of medals!!!!!!
I like the olymipics!! smile big grin

finti
if we take 5 gold medals we should be more than saticefied

TeCk-IcE
well, I think we can take between 5 to 10 goldmedals!

I hope so!

Dim
I'm just going to watch because it's in Utah..cheesy I know. I just want to see how they handle it..

mah
I'm thinking about getting up at 2:50 tonight to watch the opening ceremony. and tomorrow it's cross-country and curling, probably watch that too.

LanceWindu
The Bobsled is also great.

mah
looks scary though

LanceWindu
Especially if they go too high in the curves.

ToMacco
The Winter Olympics has hockey, but they never have it on TV.

LanceWindu
Never noticed. Hockey isn't really my sport unless they fight every five seconds

ToMacco
Like hell hockey isn't a sport. It's more of a sport than downhill skiing.

mah
downhill skiing is way cooler cool

LanceWindu
Downhill skiing is nothing compared to freestyle snowboarding.

mah
bull

ToMacco
You don't do anything. You just bend over, like your getting ready to take it up the pooper! eek! sad sad

LanceWindu
laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

and everyonce in a while you turn and go through two flags.

mah
then I suggest you two take a look at the downhill-skiing in Salt Lake C. and learn the difference between amateur skiing and the physically extremely hard professional dowhill-skiing competitions, where they're going in over 100 km/h through the turns and jumps which often take them over 80 meters.

LanceWindu
I could do it.

ToMacco
I'm watching the opening cerimony right now. . . it's boring and sappy. sad

ToMacco
This sucks, man. When is Conan on?

LanceWindu
Conan's funny. Especially the rude dog puppet thing.

mah
and me, sitting up to 2.50 at night to see that, it was pretty boring so I fell asleep.

yerssot
and at that point I was still reading smile

LanceWindu
What were you reading?

I missed the first time they showed the opening ceremony, but I stayed up till 5:00 in the morning watching them play it again. They still had an hour to go when I went to bed.

Thomas H
Go Norway!!!!!!!!!! smile

Texas
Well I thought the opening ceremony was great! Not like that bull shit they put on in Nagano roll eyes (sarcastic)
It was the best opening Winter ceremony I've seen!

LanceWindu
And apparently the Norweigens have a good chance on bringing home gold.

mah
can't agree, it was pretty unoriginal; big animal-figures controlled by humans going over a big field with changing light-effects. pretty much what has been on the 3-4 last seremonys.

finti
I guess the opening was ok, Bush made a mess of his opening speech but what else were there to excpect. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
Bush is a dumbass

Thomas H
He is stupid!!
I believe that Norway will take home 8 golds, 10 silver and 6 bronze.
Go Norway!!!!!! big grin

LanceWindu
USA!

USA!

USA!

(Just showing my patriotic spirit)

mah
norways first gold-medal: kari traa - moguls women.

Dim
I thought the animals were very pretty..I could have done without the ho-down though..

LanceWindu
Same here. The ho-down had good coreography but was useless.

Thomas H
kari is kind a sexy...................

The best olympics was anyway in Norway!!!!!!!!

TeCk-IcE
Kari Traa is sure sexy!!

Yes...Lillehammer had some special spirit!

Thomas H
Ohh yes......
Snowboarding to day, maybe the Norwegian boarder Stine B. Kjelsaas, can take home a medal!!!
Go Norway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dim
Oh you guys just feel that way becuase it was your home turf... laughing out loud

LanceWindu
Go every single country!!!!

mah
yeah! I'd stand behind that spirit smile

LanceWindu
It would be awesome for those countires who haven't won a single gold medal in the winter olympics to actually win one this time around.

mah
true

Thomas H
She is a hottie!!!!!

TeCk-IcE
hehe...yeah...like Kenya laughing out loud

And Hong Kong

finti
Why????

mah
to bring interest to the sport. to make people in other countries want to do it.

finti
I hope Norway takes all the medals we dont need to share big grin evil face

Gundark
Didn't watch the opening ceremonies, was eating tacos.

Saw a little bit of ski jumping, just not really into watching the olympics this year.

Thomas H

Thomas H
Two golds for Norway today...I hope, one in snowboardin with Daniel Frank and also on gold for Ole Einar Bjoorndahlen""""!!!

Thomas H
Another medal to Norway.......this time a silver

go NOrway!!!!!!!!!!!!

finti
and then gold big grin big grin big grin big grin

Texas
Has anyone noticed how ugly the olympics are this year? The scenery is hideous! Lillehammer and Nagano were beautiful, SaltLake looks horrendous! The Luge event looks like something out of Mad Max. There are hardly any trees anywhere in the skiing competitions, the speed skating arena and ice skating arenas looks like their from the 70's! Ugh! roll eyes (sarcastic)

TeCk-IcE
laughing out loud

Dim
Well, it is in an arrid desert region, Tex.. and Utah is actually a very pretty state.

TeCk-IcE

Dim
orange wests??? What is an orange west?

Thomas H
Lillehammer Rocked big time, the best olympics ever!!!!!!

Thomas H
Today, at least 2 golds to Norway!!!!"!!!
Both in skiing...

This is for the Norwagians at the board, I was woundering what .......ski skyting was on english???
Finti or mah can some one help??

finti
And another gold for Norway the third so far...... big grin like i SAID WE DONT NEED TO SHARE ANY MEDALS. big grin

Thomas H
What is the third gold for??
I tought that we have to two!!

mah
that's biathlon

Thomas H
Thanks Mah!!!smile
What are the third gold for finti??

Thomas H
Another gold to Norway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yahooooooooo

Thomas H
And so another silver.....dam we are good, I m proud to be a Norwegian!!!!!!! smile

Texas
The spectators at this Olympics have been the most friendly I think. They cheer like crazy for everyone!
They were a little stuck up in Lillehammer and Nagano roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did anyone watch the pairs competition last night? Wasn't that outrageous! The Canadians should of won mad

finti
In Lillehammer they crowded the slopes and stuff and really made a big party of it. In Salt Lake there are pople just around the finish line and the Yanks dont actually know what they are watching all the time they are just there. The entire thing is really tame and quiet. And about the cheering part its like a silent treatment compared to Lillehammer. There the crowd really made themselves heard.

ToMacco
I should pay more attention to the Olympics. All I know is some Russians beat the Canadians in figure skating doubles or something, and everyone is pissed about it.

Dim
Oh Lord why can't be be more like the Norwegians???? *SOB!* laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Yeah finti, that's pretty stupid to generalize.

finti
No it aint, they are at the stands and dont know what the hell they are watching they are just there.
They interviewed a spectator who was really worried about those skiers with guns big grin big grin

ToMacco
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) Whatever.

Anyway, how about that sport where they heave that weight down ice and push it with brooms? What the hell is that?

finti
Curling, but they should have called it boring

ToMacco
laughing out loud

Yeah, why do they call it curling? I thought it was a weight lifting event.

mah
weight lifting?? just because you think it looks like weights?
push it with brooms? no, they use them in front of the stone, to make them go further.
it's actually quite big in canada.

Dim
It honestly doesn't look like something you would train for...but I guess you do.

mah
maybe not so much fysically, thoughsmile

Dim
I love how they're all middleaged overweight people..it's like Olympic bowling bingo laughing out loud

mah
glad you said that here's norways skip, dordi nordbysmile:

Dim
eek! laughing out loud hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Lets take a look at the medal count...shall we?

USA has 9 big grin big grin
Norway has 6
Holland has ....2. Maybe queeq should go over there and help em out.

mah
hmmm, those darn halfpipes

finti
the medal counts yes.... well lets look at the countries populations

Usa 250 + millions
Norway 4,5 million
Holland 300 million tulips and 14+ million people?
Sweden who cares
and now take a look at medal count again...

Dim
nope...we still have more! laughing out loud stick out tongue

Thomas H
Right...how cares about sweden....there bigest gold hope was Per Elofson...and he couldent even go trough the 30km
Today...to new medals to Norway ...at least!!!!!!!!!!

GO Norway!!!!!!!

mah
one new gold now, in biathlon

Texas
Shucks, it's confusing trying to see who's who in the competitions. I keep confusing the Norweigans with the Swedes evil face

finti
Yeah, and the mexican skaters are just like the yanks, cant tell them apart big grin

ToMacco
Mexican skaters?

finti
or USA, cant tell big grin

Dim
Would have worked better if you had said Canadian.. laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
No cause they are good skaters big grin the punch wouldloose some force that way wink

Dim
Okay........so what you're saying is that you wish you were Swedish??

finti
No not at all, it was a mock reply to Tex who tried to be funny saying he couldnt tell the Norwegian and Swedes apart.
Besides being color blind he is also ......(sencored) stick out tongue

Dim
I can't tell them apart either..but boy they make good meatballs laughing out loud stick out tongue big grin

finti
well the swedes have white dresses, The Norwegians have red, oh and the Norwegians is the ones in front all the time. rolling on floor laughing big grin

Dim
Aw...I bet they look cute in their little dresses.

finti
some do, some dont big grin

Dim
Yeah..some of them really need to shave their legs laughing out loud

finti
That is the German womans team you`ve seen then

ToMacco
Ick. That's not right. sad

Thomas H
Like finti said, nothing to worry about........if your lucky you will never see a swedish challenger......but always check out the Norwegians, you will se them all the time...one reason for that..and that is.....we always win!!!!!!!!!! evil face

finti
eeehhhh we often win ....

mah
btw, did anyone see bode miller in the slalom yesterday? that was wicked.

yerssot
I think I did

Thomas H

ToMacco
USA USA USA USA

Dim
Those damn Germans have pulled ahead.

TeCk-IcE
KENYA KENYA KENYA !!!!!

GO PHILIP BOYTE!!!!!

smokin'

Thomas H

TeCk-IcE
But i`m half Kenyan!!

(nooot)

big grin

Thomas H
Dont deny you past!! laughing out loud

TeCk-IcE
laughing out loud

okay okay....i admit...my real name is Abanezer Bengali Boframbe Mganimba Znawma

stick out tongue

Texas
My God Man!
That's my name too!!!
rolling on floor laughing

TeCk-IcE
laughing out loud

finti
the gold keeps pouring in big grin big grin 8th goldmedal

Thomas H
No. 8 today...mmmmmm!!!
And they keep on coming!

Thomas H
My real name is: Mugabe Africati Adid! laughing out loud

Nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooot!

finti

Thomas H
I tought you was my friend!!!
How could you forget Mugabe in the midle......what a friend!!! dont even know my name!! laughing out loud

Norway 9 golds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mah
this is humor on a high level roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
What that we have 10 gold medals now? big grin big grin big grin

finti
poor Swedes they crashed out of the ice hockey to Belarus. The Norwegian media are having a field day on the behalf of the Swedish misreable olympic performance. 1 silver and 3 bronze medals.
Poor poor Swedes....... NOT big grin big grin evil face laughing out loud

Dim
Oh look..Now Germany, the US and Norway are all tied for gold..interesting.

finti
I actually think US will pass Norway on the gold medals, but I must say to be such a small country we have put up a hell of a fight. I am proud of our men and woman over there they have preformed well.

Dim
Aww..that's sweet fint.

mah
wel I'm most impressed by the US, managing to be on the top of the medal-lists, at home-turf just when it counts, that's good.

finti
well they have a lot to take from too

Ratcat
GOLD to Great Britian in the curling. Traditionally a rather boring event, but I found myself sitting up until midnight to see them win! rolling on floor laughing

mah
that's good. womens curling right?

mechmoggy
RC, you've gotta get a hobby! Watching women slide a stone is not a mans acceptable past time. wink

Maybe if you were drunk I could understand.

Ratcat
Yep, went down to the very last curl as well.

Just found this on Yahoo...Guess that makes it extra special.

finti
you must be drunk to watch curling

Ratcat
Well fortunately I DON'T conform to an outmoded and outdated philosophy like that... stick out tongue

mechmoggy
You rebel scum! stick out tongue

mah
the fact here is that the mens semifinal between norway and switzerland got more viewers than the weekly football match, even if it was in the middle of the night.

Ratcat
And don't you forget it!!! evil face

mechmoggy
I can imagine your wife isn't happy with these late night curling and cocoa binges though eh? rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
Eugh, Cocoa!!!! sad

mechmoggy
Whats your poison then RC?

Julie
poison????......
Mech, I must say that the face thing under your name is truly creepy....kinda nice...and scary at the same time.

finti
and Norways 11th gold big grin and a real upset in Curling when we beat Canada.

mechmoggy
Thanks Julie, it's Prince Xizor (I think) from the SW EU books. Cool character.....kinda like me! big grin

yerssot
don't post here a lot, just wanted to say:
Rogge has done a great job again with calming down the Russians

mah
yes, the belgian guysmile

Dim
Yeah..hmmmmmm..one problem after another huh?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>