Palpatine's appearance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef3
When does Palpatines appearance change from the "noble" senator we see in the prequel trilogy, to the disfigured, wrinkled, ancient looking Emperor we see in ROTJ?

Which of these ideas do you think will prove true in EIII? Do you have any other ideas?

Ushgarak
I would not be a surrpised if it is just a development in his appearance between trilogies rather than being specifically explained.

bigsef3
he looks ALOT worse in ROTJ, like unnaturally old and destoryed looking. plus, theres that picture supposedly of EIII Sideous and he looks very much like he does in ROTJ.

VengeanceGOD
I think either a) he always looked like that or b) the Dark Side just slowly corrupted him over the years.

Captain REX
It's his age and the Dark-Side combined. By ROTJ, he's about 90-years-old.

Darth Jello
he's actually only in his early 80's so he should look no worse than dooku, Nick Gillard has also said that Palpatine's appearance is due to something very specific that happens to him in episode III

bigsef3
WELL, SAID DARTH JELLO

Darth Jello
The Yoda theory has no merit when you think about it. "the force must only be used for knowledge and defense, never attack". Only a darkside attack could have disfigured palpatine to that degree.

mindbugaling
if youve played knights of the old republic you would know that the darkside, over time, changes your appearence. so something really evil has happen in Ep3.....something.....almost satanic

Rolda Hayes
Well said mindbugaling, If EU can be believed in this, it must be to do with pro longed exposure to the dark side...

hana_skywalker
I don't agree with "He is disfigured in Anakin's fit of "dark rage" when he learns he killed padme" only because I've read it in SuperShadow.com

miffed

... and besides I'm not sure about the other two, so I can't vote, I'm sorry! confused

saber
My opinion is that he came to that thru, simply old age.

Darth Jello
yuo read it on supershadow cause he stole it from other sites. and the age thing doesn't work either cause He's a year or so younger than dooku by the time of ROJ

The One Part 2
I kinda like the "fit of rage" angle. It gives an idea of how powerful Anakin really is. The exposure to the Dark Side doesn't really do it for me. Wouldn't exposure to the Light Side make a person age more slowly?

Darth Quagmire
i agree

and i think we can rule out it being he always looked that way

if you watch episodes 1 & 2 you can clearly see the lower part of sidious's face and it looks "normal".definatly not how he looked in ROTJ.if you compare the lower part of his face from the prequals to ROTJ,it's obvious it happens either in episode 3,or in the time between 3 & 4-6.

whatever it may be,i think we'll find out in episode 3

Julie
the dark side consumes him.....so none of the above

Jedi Priestess
Finally have an Official answer now:

This question was just asked and answered in the latest edition of Star Wars Insider magazine (the one with Grevious on the cover). According to Insider, Palpatines change in appearance is attributed to the force lightning and the concetrated usage of the dark side of the force during the lightning usage and has NOT been there previously or was hidden. This is from the powers that be, so this should settle the debate.

jedi-kev
None, of course if he looked at Chrystalmeth the way anyone would, I'm sure his face would turn ugly after looking at that crap actor lol

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Finally have an Official answer now:

This question was just asked and answered in the latest edition of Star Wars Insider magazine (the one with Grevious on the cover). According to Insider, Palpatines change in appearance is attributed to the force lightning and the concetrated usage of the dark side of the force during the lightning usage and has NOT been there previously or was hidden. This is from the powers that be, so this should settle the debate.
I like it the other way better... so that's what I'm gonna believe. stick out tongue

Captain REX
You're funny, Kev, but not really. no expression

I was going to vote for Yoda ripping his face off too... whistle

DarthLazious
He has awlays looked like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.