Are you protective over your brother or sister

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Does anyone have a younger brother or sister, and are you protective overthem.

Because i have both a Brother and a Sister and i like to see myslef as a parent, brother and friend.

Also has anyone ever noticed but when your younger sister starts dating you become very over protective big grin and when my sister went on her first date i gave her boyfirend a warning that if he even touched her i would harm him alot, you should have seen the fear i his face.

And my litlle brother who i see more of a friend i feel that i have to teach him all the mistakes i made in my life so that he does not do the same.

Well that just be ranting

what are you views

Fire
nah, I normaly let them do whatever they want, if they annoy me they'll hear about it. But dont even think about hurting either of them or my parents because then I won't hold back

Storm
I don' t think you can teach him/her your mistakes, you can only warn or prepare them on making them. They should experience those mistakes by themselves so they can learn from it.

SilverFighter
Is just normal to be protective of your younger family members. Being Over-protecting is never a good idea. They have their own choices to make. As long as they don't make the wrong choices they should be fine.

Fire
yea if they want to do something dumb (which isn't harmful to them or other ppl) let them

Capt_Fantastic
I have an older brother who's very protective of me. It helps that he's a half a foot taller than I am and weighs twice as much.

In fact, a lot of my friends are protective of me. I'm a little guy, who likes to shoot his mouth off. Being 5'7, I guess that inspires them to look out for me. Plus, on the flip side, I like having them around...because I can shoot my mouth off and they'll be there to back me up.

I just haven't figured out how NOT to shoot my mouth off. So, sometime I have to fend for myself. Which isn't all that difficult, really. Most people are sheep.

rusky
I don't have any brothers or sisters, but I guess I'd do the same to some extent.

babeyx
i am over my little bruv and sis because i know that they've been thru a lot so im there 4 them but i would never tell them what to do i just look out 4 them xxx

BunnyWolf
I don't have a younger brother or sister, but, ye, if I did then I would probably look out for them but try not to be over protective

babeyx
exactly xxxxx yes

eno11
i have a younger sister sure she's annoyin but still it's family an u got 2 stand up for ur own flesh an blood

Evy_O
I have a younger brother, he's 13 years old and I totally adore him! big grin Yes, I am over protective, but I'm not oppressing him or anything. And, totally objectively, he's the most handsome, smart and kind 13-year old ever stick out tongue
(If only I had his blonde hair... roll eyes (sarcastic) )

barbie_girl
i am but my likkle sis is only 7 i dont ever want anyone to hurt her in the ways that ppl have hurt me sad

thorncrawler
in a word no, but both my sisters do, coz they are older than me

Linkalicious
I have a twin brother. No one ever fights either of us because they know the other one will hit them before they even get the second punch off. Me and my brother can fist fight and wrestle for hours, but i'm the only person that's allowed to fight my bro...otherwise it's 2 on 1, and you're probably going to the hospital.

thorncrawler
sounds good!!!

Fire
well I usualy try to resolve things with conflict, but if they have already hit my bro or my sis well then they'd better start running, cause -and I dont care what anyone thinks of these- I dont fight alone, if I need to get someone I will bring in all the help I can get

Linkalicious
me too...i dun care, i don't play fair. No weapons, but needless to say, if you're running your mouth....6 on 1 is fair in my book.

Corran
I have a younger brother and 3 younger sisters, they are big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves, why should I worry about them?

rusky
laughing out loud Corran... nice atitude...

lol FM, I never would've guessed... big grin (And yes I DO know what's written in u'r sig big grin)

DeNiro
I dont have ne brothers or sisters. But my neghbor is a year younger then me and If he has ne problems I told him he can come to me . He is like 90 pounds and 5 foot 4 and he is a freshemn so the kid that picks on him will be in serious shit with me when i find out

Linkalicious
hey Deniro...i've seen ur pic. How tall r u and what do you weigh?

cermiestar
my brother's a year and a bit younger than me and it's completely the other way round! he gets really protective of me! i tell him i'm the older one but then he's really big....and plays rugby....

yerssot
but you're tall too now *cries*

Korri
im an only child erm

cermiestar
never yerss! don't you want to know how my riding lesson went? big grin

Trinity_Matrix
I'm the oldest in my family, and pretty much this is how it goes. I'm allowed to pick on my siblings (being their older sister and all), but no one else is. If someone messes with my brother or sister, I will hurt them. I'm nasty when I'm pissed...and I don't hold back in a fight.

el_barto
yeah

saucybird007
I am really protective over my little sister. I have had many fights to protect her.

Ever since my nan died shes become like my best friend and sister. I love her loads smile embarrasment

.:[Kamikaze]:.
i have a lil bro, im always there fr him, but i dont think im over pretective, i let him do stuff aswell, so that he dont get fed up with me lol...

holdenhsvgtsr
it has its advantages believe me wink

Trinity_Matrix
Heh...as much as my siblings drive me up a wall, I don't think I'd be able to handle being an only child...but that just may be because I've had younger siblings since I was three years old.

silver_tears
I am the younger sister messed
For the most part my brother leaves me alone, he's kinda annoying at times.
But very useful, he drives me places, gives me money, and used to watch over me at school, like when I first started High School.
We are three years apart though, so he's off to Uni and I'm still in High School.

When we were younger he used to pick on me mad
If I had a younger sister I would totally teach her things shifty

Syren
I'm definitely on the track that I can say what I want to my siblings, and if they piss me off I certainly tell them off, but if anyone else were to lay a finger on them, or even look at them funny, then I become Instant Bodyguard, y'know? laughing out loud

Syren
I'm the eldest of four.

My brother, who is 16, is my bro from my dad's 1st marriage, and he's like 6"4, so I really don't worry about his safety!! laughing out loud
My half-sister is 5, and I love her as much as if she were a full sister, it feels no less!! But she is def a MiniMe, it's great!!
My half-brother is 3, and I feel the same for him, but he is my other brother in miniature!!
It's really difficult being the eldest, role model and all that, but I'd rather be the oldest than the youngest!! laughing

Dregh
If grabbing my little brother by his neck nd throwing him to the wall means protective , I'm the most protective brother in the world.

beastnpyro
well... i have a younger sis and bro.... sis is 18 and bro's 14 well... ive started bein protective when i turned 17.... ive been telling all the boys to butt off and leave my sister alone.... and when me mate asked my sister out.... i told me mate to step off and well.. sum sh!ts... if only my mum wasnt home.. i couldve beaten him up... (he ended up fkin off tho)
now.. we dun gout nomore... i have few probs wif me lil bro... but hes more like my mate.. same interests so its cool... SISTERS ARE MADE TO BE PAIN IN THE A$$

beastnpyro
i mean i dun go to the club with him anymore.... (we used to get drunk alot... but now i dun even talk to him)

Korri
mwahaha devil

DeNiro
Sorry i Didnt see this before. I am 5 foot 10 and 180 pounds. Why do you ask though???

total metalhead
im defintely not protective of my younger brother. he could kick my ass if he wanted to. no joke sad

Exa
Yes I have a youger brother... but Im usually not too protective (because usually Im busy fighting with him)... only sometimes...

silver_tears
awwwww hug

shaber
Heh, you don't live in Keighley do you Ash? wink

shaber
For myself, I have three younger brothers, I am only protective at all of the youngest.

ash007
indeed not Shaber

i live in Surbition that is in Kingston

Krabs55
The one person that beats up my sisters is me !!!

PDR
I'm the youngest out of 4, and my siblings are a lot older than I am. So it's kinda silly for me to be overprotective of them.

badkittykitty
I've always been over protective of my brother.he lived with me for awhile and now that he got his own place I worry about him all the time sad

shaber
Interestingly, as I have a fixation on eyes, I do worry about any of them having eye injuries.

ScottsLover
if my brother isn't protective to me, then y should i be protective over him?? makes sense right? stick out tongue

ash007
yeah i know but soemtimes its so different.

i mean i had to practcally raise my brother and sister by myslef for a couple of years which means i become more of a parent then a brother

Freddy_vs_Jason
that is so mean being like that to her boyfriend!! i bet he was terrified!! how old were u and how old was he?

my twin brother annoys the heck outta me, when ever we're fighting over somethin my dad always says "hes the oldest" yea by like 7 seconds!!! and he we're 13, my older brother 18 is a little protective of me, he doesnt like to admit it but i know its the truth, but hes nice to all my friends, boy or girls......

SK88728
i'm not relly all that protective over my bro and sis, but they are both at least 7 yrs older then me. but i'm VERY protective over my cousins, evn the one that is a couple years older then me, i'm very protective over them all, i'm the fourth oldest in my intire family, for kids. i actually made my one cousin bring me a pic of her bf and let me talk to him on the phone. laughing out loud

i slayed buffy
my bro is soooo protective of me wel like he is but he doesnt like to show it and he flirts with my frends sick

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
hahaha ew thats weird i slayed buffy!

I'm not overprotective of my lit sis, i dont really care what she does with boys oooooooo

and I certainly dont flirt with them ew!

i slayed buffy
na my bro is a big flirt and my frend courtenay hu is rally prety was at my place yesterday b4 i went to her place and he goes to her in this flirt voice "so do u come here often" it was so funi and we were like mokin him coz he has known courtenay 4 ages

*Georgina_A*
I'm the youngest and my brother is pretty protective of me. He's 11 years older so we get on pretty well lol.

i slayed buffy
my bro is only 2 years older os we fite lots i thru my fone at him and it hit the wall and now it wont work!

yerssot
I'm very protective over people I like ... it's a bad thing I guess

MCElite
All my siblings r at uni collage - but i am really protective of all my friends especially my best mate hu ive nown since i was a foetus - we r like part of each others family and her two big bros are pretty protective of us - but i got loads of guy mates hu r pretty protective of me, it helps that theyre all like 3 years older than me and like 6 ft. but if anyone upsets my friends i would give them a rite beating ....

Fire
I usualy let them do what they want, but if I think they're in trouble well then all hell breaks lose
I am usualy a very quiet and calm person but don't hurt my friends or family cause than you'll have some real trouble

t_cozy_666
im like an older sister to my cosins and sister which is funny went my sister got bullied (shes about 6) we went out and saw the boys and all i did was sat next to them and they stop.......smile

Fire
that's too easy, you have to shout and treaten them

Darth Revan
Hell yes

But not really in the same way as you--my sister and I look out for each other, it's more of an equal, friend-type relationship, rather than a big-brother mentor type of thing

vegeance
Well I'm the youngest but my Big Brother helps me out a lot

Rabid_Wolverine
EDIT

hell i defend my whole family.

ClaraG
well, my little sis is only 2 and a half, so yeah i am protective over her.
my brother is 12 and a half and can pretty much take care of himself but i still look out for him and like to think that he looks out for me too!

nazgulinthedark
no i don't like my sister

get bent
i have no siblings

moonwalker741
im the youngest < it sux, so itz vise versa...n yes they r protective of me....

Gravity Kills
I am not protective of my brother. I don't need to be, he can take care of himself.

cLoVi€
i have younger sis.
and another one, who is actually my cousin but we are very close.

we all care about each other.
and i think that i would be the immature one confused

shellie
you sound like a good brother . smile

Baylin
I'm the youngest of 3 and very protective of both my brother, sister and their children!

Kes
Lets try to keep this topic PG-13.

pipschick
I have 1 brother who is 13months younger than me, and i am always protective of him..even though he is 29!!! laughing When he first met his current girlfriend i was always telling him to be carefull etc.
He's now living with her and i'm still worrying about him laughing out loud but it doesn't matter how young or old your brother or sister's are..you still love them and want to protect them don't you?

DanielH484
Well my mom is at work till very late at night and my dad is in jail sad .
I have 2 younger brothers ages 7, and 10 and i'm 14. I don't know if i'm overprotective but i have rules and i enforce them but i don't go into their phone/ computer. So i guess more strict then overprotective.

Oneness
I have no siblings.

But I can tell you if I had in the past, I would have been a poor sibling myself.

I think anyone can change, and knowing what I know now, I think I would be a very courageous brother - striving to be protective. I think that I still have some growing up to do, and maybe I'm an only child for a reason. I hope to be a better person.

noor47
yes, i have both a Brother and a Sister and i like to see myslef as a parent, brother and friend.

xvmvhmqing
and are you protective overthem. http://netkios.com/hu12b.jpg

Ms Chelle
I'm not protective of my siblings. I was when I was younger but we've grown up and apart.

Wonder Man
If they can get the information from a book that they are looking for then I'm o.k. with it.

NemeBro
Nope, pretty much don't give a shit.

Cinemaholic
I have a little brother and I am protective over him.

Firefly218
My bro watches out for me. As a senior in high school I get to hang out with his college friends

Darth Banus

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by ash007
Does anyone have a younger brother or sister, and are you protective overthem.

Because i have both a Brother and a Sister and i like to see myslef as a parent, brother and friend.

Also has anyone ever noticed but when your younger sister starts dating you become very over protective big grin and when my sister went on her first date i gave her boyfirend a warning that if he even touched her i would harm him alot, you should have seen the fear i his face.

And my litlle brother who i see more of a friend i feel that i have to teach him all the mistakes i made in my life so that he does not do the same.

Well that just be ranting

what are you views

That's a reassuring thing to here, my friend. It sometimes feels like there isn't as much pride being taken in family as there should be these days. Family ties are a very powerful thing even if they're not always bonded by choice and trust. When there is a mutual exchange of compassion and support between siblings, those people generally always excel in life.

I have an older brother. He and I are either years apart in age so that's an entire generation of culture that separates us. Compounded with turbulent childhoods we've often shared many different types of relationships he and I. What started out as two brothers...,quickly spiraled into one trying to fill the role of a corrupted parent. This obviously never works very well in early years because the younger brother often just wants a friend out of his older brother. I suppose it's just the psychology of life. The young will always emulate and idolize the old in some way, where as the old often try and teach and emulate the young in all the wrong ways. I can remember feeling as though my brother was my worst enemy and im sure he felt similar towards me as well. In truth though, those are the moments where we were probably relying on each other the most.

So...,yeah, you should feel like your brother and sisters' keeper as they should feel the same for you. That's something you should definitely be proud of.

0mega Spawn
Im big on freedom. So i would never infringe on my siblings right to do as they please. I will talk about consequences though and karma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.