Boba Fetts Costume

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
Boba Fett has some locks of hair on the front of his costume which are supposed to be Wookie scalps. With Lucas changing some of the EU, do you think these might be changed to Jedi braids that Boba has on his belt?

Dim
Didnt he make a comment to someone at ILM that they were padawan braids?

Darth Heinous
Is George Lucas even planning to show how Jaster Mereel is connected to the Mandalore Warriors and why he chose the Mandalorian name Boba Fett?

Great Master Brit Hunt
What does that mean? Jeter Marrel dosn't exist.

King Jedi
Lucas has changed the Jaster Mareel story. I don't think he exists anymore. He died about the same time some other EU stories. smile

Dim
Was he just one of these characters that lived in a couple of drafts or something? I've never heard of him...

Darth Daft
All I know is that Jaster Mareel was a journeyman from Concord Dawn or something.

Dim
I am EU ignorant..I think I know the least of everyone here...thanks for the info DD. smile

Darth Heinous
I thought Jaster Mereel was Boba Fett's real name. Anyway, I heard George Lucas say that he was making his version of Boba Fett's past and to forget anything not movie-related about Boba Fett.

Darth Daft
Yeah I heard that George is like that with a lot of the EU. That's why no one should really expect to see cameo roles by Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade, Talon Kaarde or anyone like that.

King Jedi
DH- Your right that it was Boba Fetts name but it has been changed.
I don't think Lucas dislikes the EU. I just think he likes his stories better and so do I.

jedicapra
Yes, Lucas has said that although he has read some of the books he will not base his movies off of any of them. Getting back to the original topic, I agree that the braids are probably going to be referred to as padawan braids. If the rumors are correct, something will happen in episode 2 that will make young boba fett hate the jedi. Having padawan braids would fit more into the story line if this happens.

Darth Daft
Yeah for some reason I could imagine Boba Fett once being a Jedi trainee himself, but failed just like Aurra Sing, and therefore hates Jedi.

King Jedi
The leaked storyboards had plenty of other reasons why he would hate Jedi but that is spoiler material. Talking of which, I think it is a good idea if you put SPOILER in the title of a post which contains spoilers from leaked storyboards or scripts. I'll post something about this on the suggestions forum.

Mace23
First off I think GL doesn't mind the EU to a point. When it comes to characters he has created he prefers to keep it that way without anyone else basically telling him what happens to his characters and I think that is why he has made changes to the EU. This covers the Wookie scalps and his actual name. I believe they will be Padawan braids and it will be based on his hatred of the Jedi for what they have done to him not for being rejected by them like Aura.

Possible spoiler space.
Let me start by saying I never looked at the storyboards and I have been away from this board for a while so this may have been covered already. I've read reports from people who are supposedly in the "loop" and have some inside info that Obi-Wan and Anakin chase Ambu Fett (possibly Boba's mother) thru Coruscant in a chase scene. After the chase she escapes to an unknown planet and they finally track her and Jango down on an un-named planet. This is were the rumored battle in the rain takes place. One of the two Fetts is killed in the battle and the other escapes to their home, informs young Boba of what happened and then subsequently dies infront of him. All of this leads to Boba's hatred of the Jedi and his personal quest to eliminate as many of them as possible. Not sure if this is from a reliable source or not so I guess we'll just hace to wait and see.

Darth Daft
Ah yes, I've heard of that rumour also. I think it was on theforce.net. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a battle in the rain, as Lucasfilm gave us a clue in that Episode 2 Select Picture with Boba/Jango Fett in it.

King Jedi
I'd never heard that one before but now I've heard four different rumors about that battle scene in the rain and can't decide which one I beleive. Welcome back Mace.

Darth Daft
Did anyone see those storyboards that were supposedly from the battle in the rain? Chances are that they were fake, but still they were very cool. I think they were on Naboo Online.

King Jedi
I saw them and still think it's odd that the two story boards that were stolen were of major battle scenes which contained characters we had already heard of as rumors. If you somehow manage to find yourself in a room with SW storyboards and have to grab one quickly before you get caught, you would probably end up with a boring scene. But not this guy. He was very lucky!! Too lucky is what I think.

And all of the characters had been rumored on the Net. I think it was Lucasfilm who leaked these FAKE boards to put everyone off the real plot. This would also give them the perfect chance to shut down some sites like Supershadow.

Darth Daft
And there are a lot of good artists out there. Someone may have just made the storyboards themself.

theEviljedi
I still don't beleave the storyboards or the domain names.

theEviljedi
Darth when did you make Master?

Darth Daft
I have no idea. I've been making so many posts on here that I didn't even have time to notice. Thanx for pointing it out for me.

Mace23
Nice point about the storyboards being fake. It could be a way for Lucasfilm to throw everyone off course.

Darth Daft
Yes and perhaps there isn't even a fight in the rain. Perhaps that picture of Boba Fett holding the umbrella was also a way to fool us.
We'll see.....we'll see.

King Jedi
Where did the name Jango Fett come from? I don't remember where it started.
Back on topic.........I always thought that Boba's jet pack was stolen from another bountyhunter but in the story boards Jango had one. Do you think all of Clones will have them?

Darth Daft
I don't know, but can you imagine millions of them hovering around with blasters in a massive battle? That would be sooooo cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.