Freddy Vs Jason 2 Do's and Don'ts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkesthorror
This is for opinions and original ideas about how you think Freddy Vs Jason 2 should be done. I think that throwing in any other killer(Myers, Ash, Pinhead, Leatherface, etc.) is a bad idea because most people already hate these franchises and make fun of them for being corny and hokey and it starts to look like a big joke when they start colliding to many franchises. If they want fresh, new, I have a better idea. Instead of making sequels they should make different versions of Freddy Vs Jason, recreated re-imagined versions of it like what they've done with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. Theres endless ideas for this,
they could have a contest for people to try there hand at writing a script and of course the best would be choosed with the guidelines being the story has to be true to the back-stories and the rules of Jason and Freddy with know contradictions and without bad dialog and corny jokes, an intelligent plot with inavative imaginative kills and finally should be written as a two hour film because we all know that now a days an hour and a half isn't very long by todays standards especially for the hardcore fans, myself included that have been waiting for so many years. Funny, but the thing is their writing the script as I write this
and Ronny Yu has stated several times that if the script is good and New
Line will have him back that he'll definitely be on board. Also feel free to talk about the Nightmare prequel or even the Friday the 13th series
with the name "Crystal Lake Chronicles" in question and of course another solo Jason movie. Here's a brief article from
bloody-disgusting.com

Thirdly - and god I hope this is not old news! - the popularity of F vs J has breathed new life into the "Jason" franchise too. They'll be making another solo one of him too. Not in space apparently - just back to the roots. Camp Crystal Lake. I asked when, they said 'a couple of years' when Sean finishes it."

Go!...

Cinemaddiction
Should have put this in the other F vs J thread.

Mordecai
You mean that everyone/most people YOU know thinks Myers, Ash, Pinhead, Leatherface and etc are a joke? and make fun of them?

Who the hell have you been talking to?

OR

Are you referring to Freddy and Jason and the whole VS thing?

OR

Am i way off the ball and you're referring to franchises in general?

Either way ----> beer

DeNiro
As long as they dont make a movie with Micheal Myers against someone because he is so slow that the movie would be insanly borning. just because he shouldnt turn into this fat fighting machine like freddy seemed to do in F vs J because i mean they should stick to the true characters and not take tips from the matrix

darkesthorror
Well, first I'll say that I'm a hardcore fan of horror, I'm most obsessed the with Friday the 13th franchise. Yes, you did get me wrong, I very much love each of these franchises, for instance most people do love the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, it's a cult classic. Also I think that Freddy Vs Jason works very well, I'd been waiting for it for years as most fans have. What I'm trying to say is that combining to many franchises is ridiculous, but I love each individual franchise very much. Let me clarify,
I'm not I don't think it would be interesting to see chainsaw wielding maniac Leatherface go for Jason and miss and is left open while Jason violently swings his machete and goring the tendons of Leatherfaces legs and watching him fall to the ground squealing as a pig while Freddy being more intelligent just gets a semi truck and runs downs both of them. Freddy thinks he's one as both Leatherface and Jason get up to Freddy suprise when who walks in, who other then Pinhead and the senabites, so now all three(Leatherface, Freddy, Jason) have to fight through the senabite to get to pinhead only to realize that he just waiting to strike them all with the hooked chains and then really bring them to Hell! wher the fight continues. Ok, enough, I just think it's to much, the only Versus movies I'll except are Freddy Vs Jason, Alien Vs Predater, and maybe Batman Vs Superman. The reason I feel this way is because I take Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees stories very serious like in Freddy Vs Jason when Freddy goes in side of Jason's head and we see Jason dragging the dead body into his house and he opens the closet, I loved that seen, it was probably my favorite scene. I
want that feeling all the time out of these movies, I don't want corny humor and gratuity nudity, I want dark true substance. Know one has taken it that far yet, but I would love to see a Solo Jason movie that goes deep, and very dark, without bad acting and social commentary. It's like in dreams that I've had where jason is truely Horrifying, I'm not talking about some "cool" death scene "man" I'm talking about seriously dark, violent and sad. I mean picture the person you love most being hacked to bits by Jason, I'm not talking about he goes in for the kill you see a little and then it cuts away and later you see one of characters stumble upon the body parts. I mean f**king gritty snuff film kill. Set in a kitchen that has alot of white, white floors, white walls and ceiling, white fridge, white counters, and the victim is just getting some milk as they turn and see Jason and they don't just there dumb-founded waiting for it, they do what any of us would do, act like a spooked cat and scramble like a wild animal to try to get away, like jump over the counter or something, but their blocked by jason grabbing their hair and throwing them down to meet their doom as begins to hack away at them,
and it doesn't just cut away, we see it as if it were a faces of death film, and with the white element it's all the more shocking as the kill begins it get brighter, the kitchen light is blaring to where when you see the massive amount of blood against the white, you could look away and still be seeing spots. and we get to see everything, this person be killed,
and it makes you feel sick, because you almost wonder if they really murdered someone on camera because the screaming is bone chilling and it looks so real. The scene would end with a blood pool colliding into the crushed milk on the ground(Like in the movie May)

ragesRemorse
how about this for do's and dont's for freddy vs jason2 DON'T MAKE FREDDY VS JASON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkesthorror
Your quite right ragesRemorse, but their already writing the script, Ronny Yu has been quoted saying that he's waiting for the script to be finished several times. And if it's good he would like to come back, but I
wish he had a different outlook on the film, he's not really passionate about the film like fans are and some of his ideas have made me uneasy
like when he said when he pictures them fighting, he kept having the idea that it was just like WWF match and I Fu*king hate wrestling.

samhain
Don't let Ronny Yu direct. Has anyone seen The 51st State? Awful film, awful, awful, awful.

darkesthorror
Well, I don't mind Ronny Yu so much, but there has to be a better director. In the past I always wished that Sean S. Cunningham and
Wes Craven would collaborate and direct. Sean was a producer though. Can anyone think of who would be a great director for the next?

amlap
thats all fasinating and everything... but that is likely to never happen... unless it is made independently... if there is any hope of truly making a grusome horror series then youd have to start one of your own... i jsut dont see the jason franchise backing such ideas... but maybe im wrong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.