In ROTK does the Eagles remind you of something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Well today i was watching the ROTK for the 12th time
stick out tongue

Well in the scene when the Eagles come it actually reminds me of America for some reason.

shadow link
is that at movies or on an "pirated" copy of it on dvd, i would surely love to see it more than 10 - only seen it 5, but i dont have the means, everytime i read the script or talk about it i get all excited and want to see it again

but no it dont remind me of that, coz i dont live in USA lol

rianna_d
It doesn't remind of that either, not at all.

mmmmmm_ob :)
erm.....im scottish so i it don remind me of that...maybe if i was american?

azszhz
i'm an american and i don't want them to start talking about the Lotr/ terrerist conection thing cuz i hear about it every day and i don't agree

my motto: i love my country i fear my government

i reely cant blame u....do u get 2d tv or w/e ova there with George Bush acting like a lil kid...i think thats wot he is reely like....n he wants 2 play with his army figures...

Ushgarak
Stay off the politics, folks...

k k....lol....i was jus sayin....cos that show is funny....neways bak 2 LOTR i don think its anythin 2 do with America?

andyF1
what so good about this book, it was written nearly 64 years ago and people still relate to it today.

Smodden
nothing in the LOTR movies reminds me of stuff like america, and patritism, flag, old glory, liberty....and if it did i would hurl...because LOTR is not supposed to be like that.

ash007
yeah but it kind of reminds me of stealth bomber.

By the way i am not American wink

Ariadne
That's a very good motto.

The only reason I can think of that the Eagles would make someone think of the US is that the national bird is the eagle.

azszhz
thats the only relation. Lotr was not ment to be a symbol of anything and if it was, why would somebody choose america for crying out loud
everywhere i turn people are like "Lotr is a great show of America and the war against terriorism" when all it is, is a bunch of american hicks looking for a meaning for there stupidity

wow that made me feel better

shadowy_blue
America or not, those Eagles were cool! big grin

azszhz
thats true thoughs eagles are awesome and defently better then the whole american eagle types

Smodden
i still don't see the connection... confused

and i'm american, and the american eagle that symbolizes freedom is much beter in my oppinon..
but if ur goin for look LOTR are way cooler. and this is getin a little political wich i'm not that good at...

WindDancer
Yeah those Eagles remind me of the one's in Hobbit! When Gandalf and Bilbo get on the trees, and those nasty goblins taunted them! I just picture those Eagles coming to the rescue!

btw-Those Eagles do remind me of The American Bold eagle wink

Drac39
My theroy,crazy if it is,is that LOTR was based off WW2. The eagles could very well repersent America

sauron
it was them eagles big grin

now cal me stupid...but they reminded me of....embarrasmentbirdsembarrasment

WindDancer
Actually you might have something there! Or they can also represent the Royal British Air force of WWII.

sauron
actually its not based on anything, but has SOME things to do with the two wars

dead marshes...probably from tolkiens time as leiutenant in the battle of the somme...seeing his friends die

sarumans voice...hitler...he had a mesmerizing voice

treebeard and the ents...based on macbeth 'sir it seems to me as if the forest doth move' tolkien was disapointed when it was just some stupid people dressed as trees

andyF1
i dont know if you have seen any documentaries on tolkien, he lost both his parents by the age of 12, he lost all of his friends in WW1, that must of had some impact on the books. quite sad i think

Smodden
*karatee chops thread* ok that was fun...big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.