Happy B-Day John Williams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Today (Feb. 8) is John Williams' birthday. He turns 70.

For those who don't know who John Williams is he is the guy that writes the music for Star Wars. He also worked on Jaws. He has many credits to his work in many movies.

Once again: Happy B-Day!

ToMacco
Yeah, John Williams does good work.

LanceWindu
You mean GREAT work

mah
ahh! I was too late to notice. happy day anyways, now give me the AOTC soundtrack.

yerssot
*starts to sing*
Koorah Ratah
Koorah Ratamah

Ushgarak
Yup, he the man.

LanceWindu
We all know it.

ToMacco
Is he still in charge of the Boston Pops, or the London Symphany Orchistra?

Aquarius87
He's an Aquarius like me... big grin

Can u believe it,its my last week of being 15 and i'm as sick as anything...*Runs into the bathroom and chunders*
Oh my..

queeq
He looked very happy during the opening of the Omlympics!

yerssot
To: The London Symphonic Orchestra

Edna Witch
He was never in charge on the London Symphony Orchestra. But he does use them for the Star wars soundtrack recordings and a considerable amount of his other works. The LSO's principle conductor is Sir Colin Davis.

queeq
I knew that.

Gundark
James Earl Jones was 71 two weeks ago. Didnt' want to make a separate thread, just thought I'd point that out.

yerssot
Was it on CNN wink

Gundark
If they had a blurb about it, I missed it. He does commercials for Verizon Wireless too.

queeq
What is that????

Gundark
Its a cell phone company.

queeq
So he does a lot of breather calls then. big grin

Gundark
Exactly. When the commercial comes on, I say to myself, God, I love that voice. Then Tommy says what voice ? laughing out loud

ToMacco
Didn't James Earl Jones used to work for CNN?

finti
no he worked for the emperor big grin laughing out loud

ToMacco
har har.

He did work for CNN, I think. I don't know if he was an ancor, or if he just did voice-overs.

finti
like when they interview a Palistini he sounds just like JEJ big grin

ToMacco
I think he also voiced the king lion in "The Lion King". He died.

queeq
Yes, he did. He seems to be doing a lot of dying as a voice talent. big grin

ToMacco
Very true.

finti
I am your father big grin

Gundark
All he says is "This is CNN". Then he gets a check for a zillion bucks. And he didn't even have to force choke anybody. hehehe.

finti
He should have been a teacher, with a voice like that you are bound to pay attention

yerssot
Good one To, you just got it from me

Gundark
I bet they did some joking around between JEJ and Harrison Ford when they did Patriot Games together.

queeq
Ford and joking? confused

finti
he dd joke in Indy though

queeq
IN (!) INdy yes. Not everyone likes working with him.

finti
I would

queeq
I think I would too.... but how can I be the judge of that. I like the way he's professional about his work and about making the best of a film.

ToMacco
Did anyone see the Golden Globes when Harrison Ford recieved the lifetime achievement award? He was talking so slow, it was like he was drunk.

queeq
He hates things like that.

finti
He has always been a slow talker when interviewed too, so I guess its just the way he is

queeq
Maybe.

ToMacco
He's a big boozehound.

queeq
Yeah, right.

Gundark
Most everything I've read about him and interviews I've seen, he is uncomfortable talking about himself. He's very private. Or at least tries to be.

queeq
No he is. THere's hardly any gossip material about the guy. Same with Robert Redford BTW. These guys really keep their private lives PRIVATE. So that sort of puts the fairy tale out of the world that that's impossible if you're a superstar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.