ever heard of battle royale?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrAnCeDuO
its a anime about a game to survive...heres the basic plot...

juvenile violence has risen sharply, so the state made a law where they citizens elect a classroom(yes a classroom as in highschool)and the two classes that win are sent to a island to kill each other...each person is knocked out with gas and put in seperate locations on an island...when they wake a necklace around them threatens to kill them if they do not kill everyone else on the island within three days...each person gets weapons...some real,some not.....but the worst part is that all these former friends must hunt each other down in order to survive....

sounds pretty good huh?
stick out tongue
well anyways i found this in blockbuster but the next day they took it off the shelf....so tell me...have any of you heard of it?

Lord Ryugen
I've watched it, it's not an anime it's live action. Still brilliant though.

TrAnCeDuO
what do you mean its live action?ive read the manga! confused

big gay kirk
Its definitely a live action film... it stars "Beat" Takeshi, and is available on DVD....

eleveninches
I LOVE that film. It's one of my favourate ever movies!!!

Atlantas
I heard of it from a friend, but i haven't been able to find it around where i live.

mook
its live action (and i think there is a sequel)

its a cool concept and good film but i didnt like the ending much

Gregory
Lots of manga have spawned live-action movies. Like Tomie and City Hunter.

eleveninches
I can't wait until the sequal comes out in the UK.

Asami
Saw Battle Royale 1, yet to see part 2.. Gotta find out more about the animated series..

LordMortis
I love battle royale! except the part where this guy gets knifed in the balls. I swear i was walking around cross-legged after that.

Lord Ryugen
Yeah no one and I repeat NO ONE no matter how morally challenged they are deserves to be stabbed in the most sensitive part of their anatomy

BlitzGlitz002
exacttly what is battle rolatle

Lord Ryugen
Well basicly the Japan is falling apart because of lazy unruly teenagers, in an effort to rectify the situation the Japanese goverment passes a law which states that once a year a selected class of 'bad apples' is kidnapped and taken to an island where they are outfited with exploding collars and told to kill each other. The rules are simple Each student is given a bag with food tools and a random weapon which can be anything from an uzi to a bin lid. The island is split into zones and each zone will broadcast a radio signal a appointed times, if a student is in a 'hot zone' their collar activates and explodes. The last one standing wins the game and their life, thats Battle Royale

eleveninches
Its basically a modern japanese adaptation of 'Lord of the Flies'

TrAnCeDuO
cant say ive heard of it...how is it like battle royale?

celestial_moon
lol, i was caught in school with the first manga of battle royal. had 2 c the social worker. it was great! but my friend reads it and we haven't seen the movie but we love some of the actors. they hot!

BlackHatDefect
i love Battle Royale...Masanobu Ando(Kazuo)is so damn sexy...FEAR IT!!Battle Royale is the greatest japanese movie//book ever!!!!

TrAnCeDuO
the worse part is that i cant find the manga....its not in walden books cuz its too gory...

EvAnGe|ioNz
That show is indeed SADIST!!!
But I like it...
LoLx

BlackHatDefect
OHHH BTW guys,it was a book that spawned a moviethat spawned a manga.The manga was the worst adaption of the three

DenKi
Battle Royale 1 was a classic, Then they Made Battle Royale 2 what was compete ****, If u watch the second one you will know what i mean. Worst Film ever

BlackHatDefect
Really,thats a shame.I read the plot and I didn't like it very much..But I agree...1 is a classic!

Magee
Battle Royal, ahhh sensless killing of teenagers, by teenagers! I loved it, very good movie, never seen the manga or read the books, but the movie was good. I never understood the end though blink

bigeye44
Yeah, it was pretty anti-U.S. But the plot sucked too, and it wasn't as sickeningly funny as the first one.

BlackHatDefect
How was it anti Us?

Lord Ryugen
I've never heard much about the second. Can anyone give me a runthrough of the plot

MildPossession
Battle Royale II is not one of the worst movies ever, it's a good sequel to a frankly amazing original.

Yeah it's got some cheesy scenes in, just like the first one, but it's still worth the look if you enjoyed the first one, even to see Beat again. The first part of the film where they are getting all their weapons and stuff in the sequel is great, I loved the acting from a boy while holding an american football.(will not say anymore, you will know if you check it out)

The first film is adapted from the novel.

I have seen the manga books, have lots of the books in a shop near me.

Crisis
only read the battle royale 2, really want to see the movies(s). BR is so cool

dizzyblondegirl
most bloodiest film ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.