Horror movies that involve RELIGION

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
Do you think that religion in horror movies makes them creepy? I do. Anything that involves Satanism, voodoo...etc. just adds to the illusion that it could be for real. After all, who knows?

What are some of your favorite horror movies that involve religion? What are some you don't like?

A few examples would be:

The Exorcist. (duh) thumb down
The Ninth Gate
The Seventh Sign
The Prophecy
The Omen
Rosemary's Baby
Night Train to Terror thumb down
Satan's School for Girls thumb down

And some not-so-scary movies that involve the devil, hell, voodoo and/or religion:

Stigmata thumb down
Bless the Child thumb down
End of Days thumb down
The Serpent and the Rainbow (it IS in the horror section)
Frailty

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Stigmata was interesting IMO..but many disagree.

Striel
It bored me.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
better than Exorcist IMO

Striel
I think I would rank The Exorcist above it, but then again, I've only watched Stigmata once, in the theater.

Cinemaddiction
Don't forgot the entire "Witchcraft" franchise, Lost Souls, Devil's Advocate, Prince of Darkness, and Black Circle Boys.

I think the people in the movie are what make them evil. Gabriel Byrne and Al Pacino make great devils.

amlap
well the movie se7en should def be somewhere on that list... because kevin spacy's character is such a great idea for a slasher type movie. brillient movie!

frailty... this is prob the first movie i started of hating but ended up loving in the end. first off bill paxton should stick with twister, and thats it. the directing and acting in the movie werent the best of the best, actaully the story itself is so clithe... that is until the ending. best turn around in any movie i have seen recently. i went from hating this movei to enjoying it!

Cinemaddiction
I can only watch Frailty once. After one viewing, all the suspense is gone. Not rack worthy, IMO.

amlap
yeha i actaully only watched it once...hahah

maybe i should try it again

Asami
I know its not a movie, but Buffy the Vampire Slayer is very entgertaining! There was only one episode that freaked me though - "Hush" whree no-one can speak

Striel
Amlap-- Frailty is one of my favorite movies.

Cinemaddiction-- I knew I was forgetting about some... I love The Devils Advocate. I watched Prince of Darkness for the firs time last year, I enjoyed it.

Evil Dead
"I know its not a movie, but Buffy the Vampire Slayer is very entgertaining!"

actually it is a movie........it starred Kristi Swanson, Donald Sutherland, Luke Perry and David Arquette........but yeah, I get that you were talking about the tv show (which I loathe)....just throwing that in there in case you didn't already know.

amlap
black circle boys... i didnt know what to make of that movie...

papabeard
Other horror movies that involve religion :

The SIn Eater
End of Days

samhain
The First Power.

DeNiro
I agree with you totally I find Devils Advocate one of the best and most distrubeing movie involed with religon. Al Pacino played his part great even though I think Robert DeNiro is the best actor ever and i think his best competion is Al i still say Al can still make his charatcers in movies way more intresting and fun to watch. but only a limited amount wink u cant top Robert DeNiro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.